Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also this game is a massive improvement on kf1 simply by virtue of the vastly improved UI and classes all starting out with actual class specific weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionguild
Sep 5, 2013
How do classes level? Do you still need to do certain things to level up or can you just kill poo poo and level to max? I hated having to spend hours welding poo poo to level support.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

moot the hopple posted:

Shotguns are the poo poo. I was going to go AA12 and the Mossberg pump until I got the faster reload ability, but I said gently caress it and made AA12 and the double barrel boomstick my loadout of choice.

Why? Because BOOM+BOOM :supaburn:

Holy gently caress. And I thought Pump action+Boomstick was sweet.

I'm also assuming this Pre EA beta has turbo charged experience gains. Because even accounting for poopsockers, I doubt we're going to have it that easy to reach double digits in a perk in one fun filled evening.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Lionguild posted:

Any Goon streamers?

http://www.twitch.tv/iambraww

gonna stream for a bit i guess, dont expect quality stream

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lionguild posted:

How do classes level? Do you still need to do certain things to level up or can you just kill poo poo and level to max? I hated having to spend hours welding poo poo to level support.

you're in luck, you can shoot zombies with your class specific guns to level up too

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again
It's crazy how rabid people are for keys. I want one too, of course, but people are offering 50+ for them.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Orikaeshigitae posted:

It's crazy how rabid people are for keys. I want one too, of course, but people are offering 50+ for them.

That's loadsamoney!!

The beta key just lasts for two weeks, right? I'd try to snag one if it weren't just gonna go away

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Alteisen posted:

An acquaintance of mine just got beta codes from a UI dev while playing KF1.

So play KF1 I guess, you might get lucky. :v:

LMAO, I am incredibly surprised that random act made it back here. Small world.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
How easy will it be to add the doom 2 music pack to kf2?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Screenshot time! I run everything on low/off so brace your eyes.

Zed time desaturation and bloat bile combined make for an interesting visual effect.

I love the idea that Horzine would charge their own employees money for guns to eliminate their experiments.

Bit of a clipping error on outpost! You can't leave the map or anything but it looks really silly when you're standing there.

This loving corner is a great place to hold out. Enemies should really spawn from over that wall, because drat.

:siren: PSA: The boss does not take damage while draining life from a player, he cannot be quick-killed like the Patriarch. Save your ammo, reload, and heal up!

Also the medic weapons are too drat fun and good. I love it. This game is gonna rule.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Geight posted:

:siren: PSA: The boss does not take damage while draining life from a player, he cannot be quick-killed like the Patriarch. Save your ammo, reload, and heal up!

Also the medic weapons are too drat fun and good. I love it. This game is gonna rule.

Stupid question. If shooting the boss during the life drain truly is useless, and it turns out shooting them does not make them drop the victim any faster.

Does trying to heal the victim while they are being drained help the victim any? So they don't get put down with basically no health? Or are they pretty hosed and unable to be helped until the boss is done.

Medic grenades might also be good since those heal players and can hurt zeds (If I read perk options prior in the thread right) so even if the drain toggles the boss into god mode and you're not allowed to direct heal, at least a well timed medic grenade is a risk free way to help the victim and tag the boss for some damage once the drain ends.

EDIT: vvv It speaks well for Killing Floor that teamwork is such a fast reaction :allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 9, 2015

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Section Z posted:

Stupid question. If shooting the boss during the life drain truly is useless, and it turns out shooting them does not make them drop the victim any faster.

Does trying to heal the victim while they are being drained help the victim any? So they don't get put down with basically no health? Or are they pretty hosed and unable to be helped until the boss is done.

Healing them while they're getting drained works, and usually helps since the boss will put them down with like 30 HP or so.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
You can heal the grabbed player. Often times when I'm grabbed my health will actually go UP because my whole team medic balled me.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Geight posted:

I love the idea that Horzine would charge their own employees money for guns to eliminate their experiments.

Considering the dollar signs popping out of the zed's head when he's shot, Horzine apparently sees no issue with their workers earning back the money with interest by shooting zeds. Also, dollars, really? Not Dosh?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Also a handy thing I noticed about the Berserker zappy grenades - They pacify Fleshpounds from their enraged state!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Geight posted:

This is dumber than poo poo. It's basically the only time he's standing still.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Finally home from work and downloading now. A little over a hour before I can play. :ohdear: Can't wait to paint the walls red.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

turnways posted:

That was you?

He didn't give me one. :smith:

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.
argaghargh can't wait to play.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Somebody please tell me the berserker continues to be the Golden God it should be

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Alkydere posted:

Also, dollars, really? Not Dosh?

11 hours. It took 11 hours with the game out in the general public for someone to notice my terrible, terrible mistake :(

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

turnways posted:

So.. hey.. UI dev. Can we suck your dick for some keys? :coal:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

turnways posted:

11 hours. It took 11 hours with the game out in the general public for someone to notice my terrible, terrible mistake :(

To be honest you should take pride in the fact that you kept any mistake hidden from the internet for that long

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Alteisen posted:

That was you?

He didn't give me one. :smith:

Yes, I had earmarked a few for him a while back as thanks; he didn't know it at the time but I was watching his KF1 stream and taking a bunch of UI notes, since it was one of the few on Twitch.

Edit: before I get surrounded by you enthusiastic clots, I'll check for fresh keys as well once I get in. Questioner86 will probably beat me to it, but one of us will announce some way to claim them if/when they're available.

turnways fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 9, 2015

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Cheesed the boss for 6 minutes before ending it like this http://i.imgur.com/CF9gdkm.gifv

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
This was the worst time for term to start up again. I wanna shoot some zeds. :( Least I know what I'm doing with my saturday!

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Zed-on-zed violence is still in the game!

Our squad survived a wave because the last two enemies were a Fleshpound and a Husk, and the Husk managed to hit the Fleshpound and caused them to fight. The Fleshpound fought back a little but was more interested in the last player and kept smashing itself against a door the last player was welding. The Husk won. :toot:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

I AM BRAWW posted:

Cheesed the boss for 6 minutes before ending it like this http://i.imgur.com/CF9gdkm.gifv

Please, PLEASE tell me that wasn't pre-placed pipe bombs, but that the boss killed himself with his own grenade spam splashing off the door or something.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Section Z posted:

Please, PLEASE tell me that wasn't pre-placed pipe bombs, but that the boss killed himself with his own grenade spam splashing off the door or something.

He got into a fight with himself..

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.

Geight posted:

Screenshot time! I run everything on low/off so brace your eyes.

so, just out of curiosity since I fear my laptop can't run this game and I'm too broke to shell out the DOSH for a real desktop right now, what kind of stuff do you have in your computer, and also how well does the game work for you with everything at low?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Has anyone actually seen the new Patriarch? I'm wondering what kind of shiny new ability/textures Patrick has in this. Pretty kooky that we've seen so much of the new boss and none of him.

Also: obligatory offer to suck a dick for a key.

Boxing Snatcher
Jul 4, 2011

I have been looking for some great Beef Jerky since my local convenience store changed owners.
I hope if the Pat is in the game he looks either, even more like a hippy mad scientist or has decayed and added more guns.

Boxing Snatcher fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 9, 2015

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Section Z posted:

He launched a bunch of grenades, blew open the door, dropped me to 4 hp as I got a few AA-12 shots off on him which was just enough to finish him off.

6 minutes of the boss chasing me through doors as I pick away at his HP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLGDgek1Ndc (The lag/freezing is the twitch stream)

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Maybe, just maybe, when I drag myself from my sweat-soaked sheets in the cool Mojave desert night to have terrible diarrhea, I'll check this thread with a shaky hand and there will be keys unclaimed.

sent from my iToilet

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Has anyone actually seen the new Patriarch? I'm wondering what kind of shiny new ability/textures Patrick has in this. Pretty kooky that we've seen so much of the new boss and none of him.

Also: obligatory offer to suck a dick for a key.

If I recall correctly the Patriarch isn't in the early access.
Guessing he's going to be beefed up somehow if they are delaying his arrival :getin:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Here's a handy tip if you ignored the last few pages and just started posting because you heard there were keys being given out:

Questioner86 posted:

I love all you guys but let's not turn the thread into key begging/lamenting.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
There needs to be a clearer sign that the boss doesn't take damage when he's draining someone btw. Needs like an energy shield surrounding him during that.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

turnways posted:

Don't beat yourself over it, Horzine is an evil corporation, might as well use the devil's currency.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Can't get the video at the moment but in the video Robbaz put up on youtube the way to defeat the boss is to run around in circles behind it hitting it with a shovel until it dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxing Snatcher
Jul 4, 2011

I have been looking for some great Beef Jerky since my local convenience store changed owners.

freelop posted:

Can't get the video at the moment but in the video Robbaz put up on youtube the way to defeat the boss is to run around in circles behind it hitting it with a shovel until it dies.

That's one of the reasons I'm glad TW is doing EA with this. I want these fuckin' guys almost impossible to cheese, no more tons of pipebombs or just generally being a zerk. I know it's difficult but it seems like they'll improve the bosses to deal with every situation.

• Locked thread