Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
oh lets just abandon scumhunting altogether then because literally everything a scum has ever done a townie has done also at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
3 scum is a common number for a game this size, scum would be more likely avoid publicly making those kind of assumptions since they are always going to be very aware that setup ambiguity / town ignorance is in their favor.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I mean I'm not discounting that he's a complete loving idiot who would do that as a scum slip, but I think it's unlikely

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
i totally get that 3 scum is logical but its by no means CERTAIN for a townie especially if we have whacky roles like soothsayer the way he said it

it also wasn't in a vacuum either i was already leaning byers pretty hard because he fake scumclaimed for one and threw a fit over keanes excellent plan to trick scum into scumclaiming

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
king of bleh kinda said what i wanted to say

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
God forbid you post about any other topics from the past 9 pages

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I mean I could regurgitate what everyone has already said or I could just not

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

it also wasn't in a vacuum either i was already leaning byers pretty hard because he fake scumclaimed for one and threw a fit over keanes excellent plan to trick scum into scumclaiming
"excellent plan"
as if

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

over the last two games hes nailed a total of 3 scum out of 4 scum single handedly with it so yeah, its an excellent pla

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
except the last 2 times the setup was public which made the claim way more believable

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

can you name any other mafia plan with a success rate of 75%

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

HiipFire posted:

except the last 2 times the setup was public which made the claim way more believable

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Also it only got used in 2 games which isn't enough to make a call on how consistent it catches scum

also winning with it as lame as gently caress

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

can you name any other mafia plan with a success rate of 75%

Kill Krell?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Byers2142 posted:

Kill Krell?

100%

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Nah, he came back to life that one time.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Byers2142 posted:

Nah, he came back to life that one time.

Good enough

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

HiipFire posted:

Also it only got used in 2 games which isn't enough to make a call on how consistent it catches scum

also winning with it as lame as gently caress

I think you mean

Cool as heck.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

CCKeane posted:

I think you mean

Cool as heck.

the first time was pretty cool i guess

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hood morning everyone!(morning for me at least)

i'd like to point something out btw, if i were scum i would go along with keane's plan anyway because its a very good one. the fact that I haven't scumclaim pretty much confirms me as town when you think about it.

I don't want to get labeled as hating on friendship, but re-reading CCKeane's plan and the blind support Alasdair has for it. It seems even more suspicious. I understand that it might have a high rating from previous games, but the eager buddies with a gambit bit just feels weird. Also anyone against it falls in suspicion.

I don't know what's going on with Byers and Imgay, but CCKeane and Alasdair jointly attacked Met and put scum suspicion on him. It seems a bit much.

CCKeane posted:

Actually I want to call this post out again because last two games I was killed night one after nailing scum to the wall day one.

SOMEBODY'S AWFUL WORRIED ABOUT THAT WILY KEANE AND HIS CUNNING GAMBITS.

ya byers reads scummy, mets post also reads incredibly scummy, we need to kill byers first tho;
The post you're calling scummy is literally his third post. how is that reading incredibly scummy?

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Hood morning everyone!(morning for me at least)

I don't want to get labeled as hating on friendship, but re-reading CCKeane's plan and the blind support Alasdair has for it. It seems even more suspicious. I understand that it might have a high rating from previous games, but the eager buddies with a gambit bit just feels weird. Also anyone against it falls in suspicion.

I don't know what's going on with Byers and Imgay, but CCKeane and Alasdair jointly attacked Met and put scum suspicion on him. It seems a bit much.

The post you're calling scummy is literally his third post. how is that reading incredibly scummy?

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

nah, thats dumb, Alasdair is town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

nah, thats dumb, Alasdair is town.

You know for sure?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

You know for sure?

fshizzle

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pig guts don't mean nothing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I'm not convinced man. You did just win as scum and my feelings are still hurt. I need more.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
I am leaving my vote on byers, since he's doing a lot of thunderdome waffling and poo poo that just doesn't really read real to me.

Met and Somb are potential scums. As well as anyone else I might have mentioned yesterday

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I honestly think anyone being sus about keane and alasdair having a fun time with mafia is scummy. You know that having a few posters like that are pretty helpful as long as the town isn't stupid? It's a low hanging fruit type thing.

gangsta is a newbie?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TheRam posted:

I honestly think anyone being sus about keane and alasdair having a fun time with mafia is scummy. You know that having a few posters like that are pretty helpful as long as the town isn't stupid? It's a low hanging fruit type thing.

gangsta is a newbie?

I'm sure you do need posters like that, but at the same time they are calling suspicion on people just because they disagree. That's not suspicious to you?

And yes. Still relatively new at all of this.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I'm sure you do need posters like that, but at the same time they are calling suspicion on people just because they disagree. That's not suspicious to you?

And yes. Still relatively new at all of this.

No it's not suspicious at all. Aside from the fact it's Alasdair/Keane it's also D1 and the scum don't usually have multi-layered plots to incriminate and manipulate...

What's the threat of suspicion I guess is my point? Are you worried they're going to trick the town into voting someone they wouldn't have otherwise voted through scum mastermind trickery?...

This reads pretty scummy since it's like you're scared, but you're a newbie and that's why newbies can be hard to read properly and get murdered a lot.

join da thunderdome and kill byers, this is the first step towards not being a sissy I believe in you

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I said nothing about guts I know alasdair is town because I have a psychic connection to the forums and I read his role pm.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

TheRam posted:

weak

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

oh yeh mate? how's that? you're the weak rear end not even voting anyone

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

TheRam posted:

oh yeh mate? how's that? you're the weak rear end not even voting anyone

HOW loving DARE YOU CALL ME WEAK

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I'll fight you.

I'll thunderdome you tomorrow, bitch!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
LETS loving DO IT BITCH I DARE YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
See I definitely feel like Keane and Alasdair are going after low-hanging fruit. It's one thing to generate content or push reads, especially on day one, but this doesn't feel genuine. The scumslip gotcha was silly.

I don't know, Byers is so obviously scummy here and he's not a bad player, so I feel like there has to be something else going on and K&A are just capitalizing on his poor play.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I don't know, Byers is so obviously scummy here and he's not a bad player, so I feel like there has to be something else going on and K&A are just capitalizing on his poor play.

I don't really get what you mean by this, can you explain or rephrase? More interested in the Byers thing but I guess all of it...

HiipFire posted:

LETS loving DO IT BITCH I DARE YOU

Thunderdome D2, cya there mate. If you're not scared put down your vote now so we can get to this sooner.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

TheRam posted:

Thunderdome D2, cya there mate. If you're not scared put down your vote now so we can get to this sooner.

man they have like a million votes between the two of them give me a minute plz

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

See I definitely feel like Keane and Alasdair are going after low-hanging fruit. It's one thing to generate content or push reads, especially on day one, but this doesn't feel genuine. The scumslip gotcha was silly.

I'm interested to see why what their doing doesn't feel genuine to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

HiipFire posted:

man they have like a million votes between the two of them give me a minute plz

votes, posts, same thing right

• Locked thread