Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Here I got three golds and a legend and I will never play DD. I sold the cards for stubs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Is there any way to disable the annoying pop up that shows up every loading screen that tells me I can't record loading screens for some reason?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yeah it's in the sharing menu somewhere. Lay on the share button and dig through the options to turn off notifications.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

Paperback Writer posted:

Anyone else getting horribly glitchy animations in the outfield where it'll show the ball go past someone but really they caught it? I'm not experiencing lag when the ball is pitched so I don't know what the gently caress

What mode? There are certainly glitchy animations here and there that I've noticed in RTTS. I had one shot to the outfield that warped through the outfielder and bounced back out, giving me an in the park homerun.

Playing middle infield, I frequently (about once every ~3 games) have it switch to me on defense, requesting double play depth, but leaving me unable to move at all. I've seen a similar frozen bug when leading off on base once or twice where you cannot move.

It also kills me when, in RTTS, I go to field an easy out, preset a low speed throw, then watch my guy smoke a cigarette before slowly reaching down on his backhand to pick up the ball instead of continuing in on it. At least this year you get no punishment in RTTS when you fail to make an out on an easy play toward you. It doesn't feel great when that failed out ends up giving the other team the winning run.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Does anyone know of how you "freeze" dynamic difficulty? I want to keep using it eventually, but I want to just freeze it at all-star for a bit until I'm better. My player has hit a few HRs lately which has given me 4+s and I dont want to move up just because of a hot streak. I can always just change the difficult to all-star, but I thought I had heard there was a way to "freeze" progression.

got called up from AA Biloxi to the Brew Crew about 40-50 games into the season. I guess already being 15 games back and my stellar hitting in AA convinced them to just bring me up. :laugh: I'm probably going to demand a trade because holy hell the Brewers are bad.

ManicJason posted:

Playing middle infield, I frequently (about once every ~3 games) have it switch to me on defense, requesting double play depth, but leaving me unable to move at all. I've seen a similar frozen bug when leading off on base once or twice where you cannot move.

It also kills me when, in RTTS, I go to field an easy out, preset a low speed throw, then watch my guy smoke a cigarette before slowly reaching down on his backhand to pick up the ball instead of continuing in on it. At least this year you get no punishment in RTTS when you fail to make an out on an easy play toward you. It doesn't feel great when that failed out ends up giving the other team the winning run.

With my 2B, I have now had several times where I will be running towards the bag, and then get frozen in whatever direction I'm running because the ball has been thrown. I appreciate *why* they do this, but it's very frustrating when you're correcting your path to the base and now you're not touching second on the double play ball.

Also, I really hate it when that preset throw poo poo messes up too. My guy will just ignore the input sometimes when I try to tell him when the ball is in air from 3B/SS "hey throw this immediately to 1B". Which almost always ends up with him sitting there like an idiot and me mashing throw all too late.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 6, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

ManicJason posted:

What mode? There are certainly glitchy animations here and there that I've noticed in RTTS. I had one shot to the outfield that warped through the outfielder and bounced back out, giving me an in the park homerun.
Dang it even happens offline? I was referring to online h2h, DD included. It's obviously a latency issue but it's very strange how I'm not getting lag when pitching/hitting which you'd think is more sensitive.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's dumb you don't earn Stubbs in RTTS mode. That's all I play :(

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Abu Dave posted:

It's dumb you don't earn Stubbs in RTTS mode. That's all I play :(

I'm right there with ya buddy. I sold all the cards worth a poo poo (except that legend, because no one is paying 20k for that guy right now), and spent the initial 12K stubs the preorder gave on the stat boost.

I am hoping that free pack for 10 days of play gives me some card worth selling.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JetsGuy posted:

Does anyone know of how you "freeze" dynamic difficulty? I want to keep using it eventually, but I want to just freeze it at all-star for a bit until I'm better. My player has hit a few HRs lately which has given me 4+s and I dont want to move up just because of a hot streak. I can always just change the difficult to all-star, but I thought I had heard there was a way to "freeze" progression.

go into sliders and turn the dyamic slider all the way left

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metapod posted:

go into sliders and turn the dyamic slider all the way left

Ahhhhh that was not at all what I would have thought of doing. Thanks!

EDIT:
This autism I read On OS forums is just OS.txt

quote:

Did we ever figure out if the sun's position changes day to day in franchise or if it is the same all April, changes on May 1st, stays the same until June 1st, and so on? I'm almost through with May and I swear it seems like it changes day by day. My shadows look different on my home stand than earlier in the month, but that might just be from having a road trip that blurs my memory.

:spergin: THE AZIMUTHAL ANGLE OF THE SUN FROM EACH CITY AND THE ORIENTATION OF THE BALLPARK.

EDIT2:

Those of you with RTTS closers - has it gotten any better with regards to the points earned? I remember that with not nearly enough games played you basically *had* to buy points to make it as a closer. Have they made it so you earn a reasonable amount of points per appearance?

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 6, 2015

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

I just got an award for First MLB perfect game because I threw .2 innings then got drilled by a line drive and was taken out of the game injured.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Muerte posted:

I just got an award for First MLB perfect game because I threw .2 innings then got drilled by a line drive and was taken out of the game injured.

congrats

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

This game is unusual...I was 2-0 near or the top of all the pitching charts, then I randomly become a closer?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Yeah I am hearing lots of audio bugs. I bought the downloadable version on Easter because I couldn't be assed to go to the store. After the initial download but before the entire game is installed you can play an exhibition game Royals vs Giants. You play as the Giants and while I was down by 3 the commentators kept talking about how the Giants were up by 3.

Also in RTTS I play centerfielder and after making a mistake and dropping a shallow routine fly ball I hear the commentators chastising the runner for not going for extra bases after the ball bounced off the outfield wall.

I am getting weird out of place stuff when I bat too. I hit a triple and they comment that the hit is scored as an error when it's clearly not an error.

Anyone else getting stuff like this?

EDIT- I will say that the gameplay itself feels really good this year though. The dynamic difficulty has worked really well for me and I have always been a terrible hitter.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If we can't get 6 people to play 6 games I don't know if it's worth trying to get 28-30 to play 15+.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I've been asking people to play games, and FW couldnt get it to work the other day so for me it isnt a lack of trying.

anyone wanna play the twins right now?

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

I'm guessing that mostly had top do with the game not being 100% installed, though I'm on the ps3 version so I can't speak with any authority.

I've been getting weird pop in glitches in RRTS, though. The catcher floats into position like he's taking an aerial dump behind home plate. Had it happen with my pitcher once or twice, but the catcher's been dropping deuces 3 - 4 times per game.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I had the same problem with the Red Sox guy.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Still lining it off the pitcher multiple times per game and it's always an out as somebody always picks it up (often the pitcher) and makes an easy throw to first. They need to reduce the hit box on pitchers.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

davecrazy posted:

If we can't get 6 people to play 6 games I don't know if it's worth trying to get 28-30 to play 15+.

I tried to play a game last night, and as soon as I hit the challenge button it immediately failed with challenge failed, like it didn't try and load anything, just bam, challenge failed.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So is it me or is the game just a huge bitch when you get to the bigs? I realize there's a huge jump in talent from AA to MLB, but the game just throws a ***lot*** more balls. On top of that, it feels like the game has all of a sudden gotten unforgiving with the cursor placement. What would have been a double is now a foul off. I use zone hitting.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I am getting weird out of place stuff when I bat too. I hit a triple and they comment that the hit is scored as an error when it's clearly not an error.

I had something like that happen and the game scored it a double. I guess they were saying it's a double and I advanced on E9 or whatever. I was impressed it was able to do that though, I figured the game would just take a poo poo and score the triple an E9.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

KDdidit posted:

Still lining it off the pitcher multiple times per game and it's always an out as somebody always picks it up (often the pitcher) and makes an easy throw to first. They need to reduce the hit box on pitchers.

welp see y'all in 16

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Online Franchise status: Broken

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

When it comes to hitting pitchers with liners, there does seem to be some progress; about one third of the time it happens to me, the pitcher actually goes down, and doesn't get the ball because he's injured.

and it's really loving telling that I'm counting injuring pitchers with liners as progress

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
online franchise worked well for like one day and now its loving absolutely broken.

server errors for days.

Why cant Sony at least do something EA has done for years?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Welp that's that then.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
we could always try in a few weeks?

last year that fantasy league jabro made worked well, but people quit playing games.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My connection to MUT has been beyond lovely as well. It may be a Sony thing.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i got in quite a few madden games today just fine, so ymmv i guess.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I don't think it's just franchise mode. Regular online h2h is pretty hosed too. I guess we'll see if they fix it soon..

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

They're doing server maintenance tonight. Maybe that'll fix things? lol.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Paperback Writer posted:

I don't think it's just franchise mode. Regular online h2h is pretty hosed too. I guess we'll see if they fix it soon..

That sucks, haven't had a chance to play online yet but I was excited from people saying online was fairly smooth the first few days :smith:

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

Online is totally broken now. If you put a ball in play, you have to make guesses as to where each runner should end up. The actual defense is balls teleporting through gloves, warping back into gloves, and runners disappearing and marked as out for mysterious reasons as the ball still sits in the outfield.

If you actually finish a game in DD, it seems about 25% likely that the win will be counted as a loss. The result will show your team with a higher score but mark the loser as the winner.

The hitting is lag free though :downs:

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I just ran Kemp into the short porch at petco in right field and he literally had to come out of the game because he hurt his face.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
just want to say that this game irritates to no end but i love it because it does

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Boy, lining balls off the pitcher over and over again for an out with no injury is super fun.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
this games's online component is worse than the Twins irl

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metapod posted:

just want to say that this game irritates to no end but i love it because it does

So is it an element of your fielding stat that your fielder just decides to ignore you occasionally when you tell him to throw? Sometimes i do, and no meter comes up. Sometimes I'll field a grounder, tell him to throw, the meter comes up, and...

My guy just stares at the third baseman like a boob.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

That's what happens to me every time someone steals second on me online. I have no problem throwing to third online or even second in offline. I just can't figure out the timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JetsGuy posted:

So is it an element of your fielding stat that your fielder just decides to ignore you occasionally when you tell him to throw? Sometimes i do, and no meter comes up. Sometimes I'll field a grounder, tell him to throw, the meter comes up, and...

My guy just stares at the third baseman like a boob.

No I'm just bad which irritates me because I do dumb things like swing low at off speed balls. But I love how the game punishes me for being bad and doing dumb things which is something not all sport games can say

• Locked thread