Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

As in today? What time does the app store usually update, anyways?

Confirmed via EU CM's that it won't be today, but will be very very soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So that obviously means next Thursday I guess.

Genki Means Energetic!
May 21, 2003
smells like the death
Next CivCrafter clan (Goonz in da Hood) is up: WYKEM997

Genki Means Energetic! fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 10, 2015

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Is the only thing that changes in card crawl the items you buy/add to the deck? Seems incredibly simple at first glance.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Malt posted:

Is the only thing that changes in card crawl the items you buy/add to the deck? Seems incredibly simple at first glance.

It used to be ball-breakingly hard, where half (or more!) of the decks are impossible to get through. An update changed that, though. Usually you can survive a deck, but the challenge is in being the most efficient with your resources. The later cards are very useful and add a bit flavor. When you unlocked them, they are available randomly in "Normal" or you can pick your own 5 in "Constructed".

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Philip Rivers posted:

Okay so I practically never buy iOS games, but I gotta say that Steven Universe: Attack the Light is a really fantastic game. It's basically a love letter to Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi (it's got action commands, badges, and even the eyes are styled after Paper Mario) in a Steven Universe envelope, and if you like either or both of those things you really owe it to yourself to check it out. It's only 3bux and seems like it has a generous amount of content at that price point, plus it looks great on iPad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s1QAekqX-Q

Check it out!

I was saying on the touch arcade forum that my garnet was my workhorse and the other two heroes sucked. I got responses from people saying the exact same thing about the other two heroes. It seems every hero is super good so you can really build your team any way you want.

That is really impressive for a design stand point. Now I just need to find that last red gem :argh:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Malt posted:

Yeah, that's it. Keep in mind that you don't get ANYTHING gold or score-wise unless you win, it took me a couple games to realize that but learning it changed my perspective on the game a lot. Winning isn't too hard but getting high scores takes some very fun risk/reward style gameplay and even though it is indeed pretty simple if you continue to play you'll find yourself improving more and more. It's a very tight design

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Nybble posted:

I haven't tried it yet, and may, but I can solidly recommend Title Challenge as a FM-lite. Each game is 2 minutes long, and there is plenty of things to go wrong during the season! Perfect. (Also, no ads, and IAP is only for people who want to live our the Man City "buy everyone before FFP is enacted" strategy.)

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm enjoying the game. In my first game as Newcastle manager I lost to Sunderland so the game is realistic I suppose...

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Philip Rivers posted:

Okay so I practically never buy iOS games, but I gotta say that Steven Universe: Attack the Light is a really fantastic game. It's basically a love letter to Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi (it's got action commands, badges, and even the eyes are styled after Paper Mario) in a Steven Universe envelope, and if you like either or both of those things you really owe it to yourself to check it out. It's only 3bux and seems like it has a generous amount of content at that price point, plus it looks great on iPad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s1QAekqX-Q

Check it out!

Do I need to know anything about the show itself? That is the only thing that is holding me back (though I have been meaning to look into it as I hear good things)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

croutonZA posted:

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm enjoying the game. In my first game as Newcastle manager I lost to Sunderland so the game is realistic I suppose...

I blew out Blackpool as Fulham in my first season and they ended up being relegated. No word if the owners stole £11 million from the team coffers that season as well.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Nybble posted:

I blew out Blackpool as Fulham in my first season and they ended up being relegated. No word if the owners stole £11 million from the team coffers that season as well.

Eh, Nile Ranger plays for them. They're used to having criminals around I suppose.

What tactics are you using? I'm playing an extremely creative 442 and it's working okay but I think one of those fancy continental formations might be better.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

croutonZA posted:

Eh, Nile Ranger plays for them. They're used to having criminals around I suppose.

What tactics are you using? I'm playing an extremely creative 442 and it's working okay but I think one of those fancy continental formations might be better.

I'm using a 4-4-2 diamond midfield right now , where my 10 is a "Playmaker" who seems to get most of the goals. The 2 strikers up front do some work as well. I really haven't figured out if Wingbacks are any good, but most of my games have been 3-1 or 3-2 results 's so I'm probably doing something wrong in the defensive deployment anyway. Thank goodness my goalie does really well to keep me in games.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFQVvNo10eI

Anyone else playing Rogue Star? Growing up on Wing Commander and Tie Fighter, I've always wanted a decent space sim for iOS- so far this is scratching the itch pretty well. It's pricey but seems to have a ton of polish and content so far.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Augmented Dickey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFQVvNo10eI

Anyone else playing Rogue Star? Growing up on Wing Commander and Tie Fighter, I've always wanted a decent space sim for iOS- so far this is scratching the itch pretty well. It's pricey but seems to have a ton of polish and content so far.

Do you use the accelerometer to control the movement of the ship or are there digital controls that you're using for that?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

RhoA posted:

Do you use the accelerometer to control the movement of the ship or are there digital controls that you're using for that?

I haven't really looked at the options, but the default scheme is an on-screen joystick. It takes a little getting used to but works pretty well once you get the hang of it, and seems way better than most on-screen joysticks in iOS games.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Augmented Dickey posted:

I haven't really looked at the options, but the default scheme is an on-screen joystick. It takes a little getting used to but works pretty well once you get the hang of it, and seems way better than most on-screen joysticks in iOS games.

Thanks very much. I don't tend to like games that use the accelerometer for some reason, so it's good to hear that there are digital controls that are being used for movement. I also grew up on Wing Commander, so looking forward to giving this a try. Thanks again.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Warning: It requires an attention span and more than 5 seconds of time to play.

It's probably doomed to failure.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
ARC Squadron is all right. It seems to take more inspiration from Star Fox though, which is actually kind of cool because there are extremely few games like Star Fox out there so its surprising to find one on iOS.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

It's probably been brought up here before but I just downloaded something tonight called "AdVenture Capitalist" and the thing has broken my brain. I'm literally staring at a screen watching numbers go up and it's like the dumbest thing ever but it scratches that part of my brain deep inside where I'm still an ape and like watching numbers get bigger and bigger and bigger.

So yeah. Take that for what you will. Now I'm going to go back to staring at numbers.

Referee fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Apr 12, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

It's probably been brought up here before but I just downloaded something tonight called "AdVenture Capitalist" and the thing has broken my brain. I'm literally staring at a screen watching numbers go up and it's like the dumbest thing ever but it scratches that part of my brain deep inside where I'm still an ape and like watching numbers get bigger and bigger and bigger.

So yeah. Take that for what you will. Now I'm going to go back to staring at numbers.

Yeah I "played" AdVenture capitalist for over a month when it first came out. I got to the point that the numbers were complete jiberish and I could wait for over a day and still not being able to buy an upgrade. I think I was at like 3000ish out of 4000 achievement or something. Trying to complete that game is the dream of a madman. It would take so much time. It is best to get out will you still can before you start spending 15-30 minutes buying back all of your upgrades every time you reset your game. And resetting your game at least twice a day.

Just think of how many of your days life are worth it in return for beating a game that played itself. This game totally burnt me out on idle games. It is so stupidly addictive.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

IllegallySober posted:

Have you played CivCrafter? I think you'd like it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Shwqa posted:

Yeah I "played" AdVenture capitalist for over a month when it first came out. I got to the point that the numbers were complete jiberish and I could wait for over a day and still not being able to buy an upgrade. I think I was at like 3000ish out of 4000 achievement or something. Trying to complete that game is the dream of a madman. It would take so much time. It is best to get out will you still can before you start spending 15-30 minutes buying back all of your upgrades every time you reset your game. And resetting your game at least twice a day.

Just think of how many of your days life are worth it in return for beating a game that played itself. This game totally burnt me out on idle games. It is so stupidly addictive.

Yeah, I'm gonna give it another day or so and it'll probably burn me out but for right now it's still fun.

Foehammer posted:

I'm afraid to even look this up. (But I will, thanks!)

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Also good endless clicker: Tap Titan. Though even I can't be swayed by the likes of these clicker games. I'm an auto-play man meself, too much tapping.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Foehammer posted:

I have been "playing" this for a week now, and I don't know how much longer I will. The timers for the upgrades are stupidly long, and late game the timers to build 10k buildings take over a day. But nothing but timers run while the game is not live. So I have to sit there while the app is open for 5-10 minutes to get enough food for the next round of 10k people to be built. Add in the horribly broken pvp combat model, and I have over 1 million available land already that will take me weeks to fill up. I am almost to dragons, will need to see what the next "mission" is when I can build caves in a day or two.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Orvin posted:

I have been "playing" this for a week now, and I don't know how much longer I will. The timers for the upgrades are stupidly long, and late game the timers to build 10k buildings take over a day. But nothing but timers run while the game is not live. So I have to sit there while the app is open for 5-10 minutes to get enough food for the next round of 10k people to be built. Add in the horribly broken pvp combat model, and I have over 1 million available land already that will take me weeks to fill up. I am almost to dragons, will need to see what the next "mission" is when I can build caves in a day or two.

This is legitimately my only complaint with this game is having to leave it open and idling to get the high-quantity stuff. It's pretty ridiculous.

Senturion
Jul 29, 2013

Foehammer posted:

I've been just happy with Adventure Capitalist, but after seeing all the goon clans and posts on this I decided to give it a shot today...definitely an interesting tap game.

Also, prior listed Goon clan is full...Imperial Goon is now open > FAZAC436

Edit - What's the point of the Rally button when you're attacking, any idea? I've just been spamming it hoping it does something...

Senturion fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 13, 2015

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Also fyi CivCrafter is lifted straight from the web-based CivClicker.

e: It's harder to play on the toilet, but free of any ad / timer nonsense.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

iOS games: It's harder to play on the toilet, but free of any ad / timer nonsense.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Good start for Wonders in CivCrafter? I throw like 10-20 guys at it and it just starts draining ALL my resources faster than I can accumulate so I just pull the laborers a back off....

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you find yourself really addicted to AdVenture Capitalist, it's also on Steam...

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Anyone still playing Pocket Mine 2? Friend code is xdcv7834 if so.

I may have stumbled upon 2k rubies, and could use advice on how to properly spend it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

DontMindMe posted:

Anyone still playing Pocket Mine 2? Friend code is xdcv7834 if so.

I may have stumbled upon 2k rubies, and could use advice on how to properly spend it.

Still playing it myself, anyone have any advice for the last few sets of dungeons? I'm currently at 200 pick swings and banking cash to prestige and re-level. My setup is Super Bomb (lvl 4), Super Gas (lvl 3) and Crate Radar (lvl 3) with three pieces of so-so legendary gear including +70% more gas crates gloves.

I usually get to within 20 or so feet of the bottom but fall just short most times usually due to a bad run of rocks near the bottom. About one time in ten I hit the bottom and move on to the next stage.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Started playing FFVI on my iPhone and uploaded the save to the cloud after a few hours of playing but my iPad can't connect to the cloud and download the save for some reason. Anyone run into this issue?

Doflamingo fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 13, 2015

symphoniccacophony
Mar 20, 2009
Don't think it's been mentioned, is anyone else playing Crowntakers ?

I managed to unlock all the mercenaries, made it to final boss twice, almost had the bastard until he transformed into his badass form . Not even my self-regen, hp draining main character could keep up with the damage output.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Still playing it myself, anyone have any advice for the last few sets of dungeons? I'm currently at 200 pick swings and banking cash to prestige and re-level. My setup is Super Bomb (lvl 4), Super Gas (lvl 3) and Crate Radar (lvl 3) with three pieces of so-so legendary gear including +70% more gas crates gloves.

I usually get to within 20 or so feet of the bottom but fall just short most times usually due to a bad run of rocks near the bottom. About one time in ten I hit the bottom and move on to the next stage.

I'm currently up to the last but one island. I think crate radar is a wasted card slot for getting distance, and super gas isn't going to get as much distance compared to super explosive drill.
Here's my current setups, obviously these will work better with higher ranked cards.

Best Distance Setup:
Character: Demo Dan
Cards: Super Grenades, Pick Durability, Super Explosive Drill
Gear: +explosions, +grenades (quantity or power)

Best Money Setup:
Character: Blingtron (because I'm lazy)
Cards: Super Bomb, Precious Bomb, Precious Industry
Gear: +bombs (quantity or power), +precious bombs

Best Artifact Setup:
Character: Jane
Cards: +Crates, Crate Radar, Artifact Crates
Gear: +artifact stuff.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Hey

Hey

Alpha Omega is a cool word game that's free right now

bye

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BGrifter posted:

For depth I have been using:
Old One with Super Bombs, Super explosive drills and pick durability.

The explosive drills make a huge difference since the sideways explosion can reveal weak spots or crates. And with the Old Ones ability, I can run across looking for the open spaces.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Lt_Tofu posted:

For depth I have been using:
Old One with Super Bombs, Super explosive drills and pick durability.

I was considering using Old One allowing me to free up the slot Crate Radar is in. Not having some form of radar results in way too many wasted swings stuck in the middle of a bunch of rock near the bottom. Losing the grenades from Demolition Dan would hurt of course.

As for Super Explosive Drills I'll have to give it another shot. Initially I had a drill heavy setup but found too many were just hitting crates/walls and I randomly ended up with a bunch of +gas gear/legendary cards so I went with that.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

duckfarts posted:

Hey

Hey

Alpha Omega is a cool word game that's free right now

bye

Doesn't look free when I see it in the App Store, despite showing up free on the website...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

BGrifter posted:

I was considering using Old One allowing me to free up the slot Crate Radar is in. Not having some form of radar results in way too many wasted swings stuck in the middle of a bunch of rock near the bottom. Losing the grenades from Demolition Dan would hurt of course.

As for Super Explosive Drills I'll have to give it another shot. Initially I had a drill heavy setup but found too many were just hitting crates/walls and I randomly ended up with a bunch of +gas gear/legendary cards so I went with that.

I have too, which sucks because gas fills the space around it, meaning it has a tendency to blow up squares above you rather than below. It's the worst.

I've gotten a lot of grenade cards. Grenades become absolutely filthy as they get leveled - when you're tossing out like 7 grenades per crate, plus two more from Dan, basically everything around you gets obliterated, plus they'll dig themselves down deeper in a hole.