Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, I have no complaints, thank you a ton for allowing a dark mode, since I generally prefer that for all my apps. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Not sure if I'm missing an option, or if it simply isn't there, but is there a way to hide quoted images?

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 9, 2015

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Sereri posted:

Yeah it's a bug(?) in the library I used which just copied the official support library in that matter. Basically you can see the same thing in gmail or chrome.
Ah, well, as long as it's consistent I suppose. Still a really great app.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Any chance we could get a setting to toggle between the FAB and the old reply style? I just don't prefer it and disable it in any app that lets me.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Is the fab supposed to include a big space on the bottom of each page? I assume it's there so it doesn't block posts or something?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Finally a way for the forums to literally kill me:

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
The FAB is supposed to move out of sight once you start scrolling according to the design guidelines right? Could that be implemented? It's kinda obtrusive at the moment :/

Have a look at how the Google+ app does it for reference.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

therobotking posted:

The FAB is supposed to move out of sight once you start scrolling according to the design guidelines right? Could that be implemented? It's kinda obtrusive at the moment :/

Yeah, that would solve my complaint (you know, since I'm so loving important and all)

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

XIII posted:

Yeah, that would solve my complaint (you know, since I'm so loving important and all)

Actually after reading my post back I think it came across a bit rear end in a top hat-ish. Don't get me wrong, I love the work that's been done on this app and I use it pretty much daily. I'd gladly pay for that privilege too. So I'd love it if the FAB could be changed but ultimately I'm just happy to not have to use the browser version.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is FAB the thing where the reply button came untethered from the top bar and floats on top of all the posts? I confess I'm not find of it, it's directly on top of where I touch the screen to scroll down.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Gonna chime in on the request for the fab button to hide when scrolling as per google material guidelines, thanks and god bless.

FWIW I'm using this fab library in my app and it does that automatically: https://github.com/shamanland/floating-action-button

e: well I had to set a listener or w/e

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Dave posted:

Finally a way for the forums to literally kill me:

You can find new ways to induce yourself road rage while browsing GBS. Also don't do that while driving, think of your family/people around you :ohdear:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

therobotking posted:

The design guidelines actually say nothing of the sort besides "don't block the last line of content with your button". The g+ app is a special case where the button is part of the actionbar which hides when moving. Compare this with Gmail, Keep or Drive where the button does nothing of the sort.
I will add an option to disable the button next week, just didn't get around to it yet.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sereri posted:

The design guidelines actually say nothing of the sort besides "don't block the last line of content with your button". The g+ app is a special case where the button is part of the actionbar which hides when moving. Compare this with Gmail, Keep or Drive where the button does nothing of the sort.
I will add an option to disable the button next week, just didn't get around to it yet.

I don't like the button in Gmail either. The first time it popped up, I immediately looked for a way to turn it off.
I just ignore it. I have never actually used it.

I use Awful on my tablet, so it is super-easy to ignore.

I know it is part off the official design specs, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I have some feedback: the FAB using the dark theme is sometimes too hard to see.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Clicking on a link to the forums: http://forums.somethingawful.com/ causes the app to crash.

Using a Moto X 2013 on 4.4.4.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Ardlen posted:

Clicking on a link to the forums: http://forums.somethingawful.com/ causes the app to crash.

:stare:

I'll look into it.

Also, am I the only one getting logged out over and over again every hour or so? Wondering if it might be the beta for some reason.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

Sereri posted:

:stare:

I'll look into it.

Also, am I the only one getting logged out over and over again every hour or so? Wondering if it might be the beta for some reason.

I'm in the beta and haven't had any issues on either Nexus 6 or 9.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Ardlen posted:

Ok, fixed it. Will be in the next beta.

I also finally added an FAQ in the second post. If you feel anything is missing, just mention it. I'll try to write something up about CSS.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
When I click on the link in the quote in this post, to go to the post that was quoted, it blacks out the post with the quote block and all the posts above And doesn't go to that quote. Like, the posts look like they've been erased, but the scrollable area is still there. Refreshing restores the page to normal, but clicking on the link again will make posts re-disappear.

e: It looks like it's when the quoted post is on the same page, and it's doing the same thing on the quote link in the post above this one.

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 15, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Any specific reason (maybe somewhere in the settings, that I missed) why I can never see attached images? I can see posted imaged (and gifs are the grey 'gif' pic, so as not to use too much battery, which is fine), but actual 'attached' images appear as small, blank squares, and clicking on one opens my browser to log into the forums.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Is there a known issue with Awful where "read posts by user in this thread" doesn't work and just takes you to the first page of the thread?

Happened twice to me in two separate threads.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I had that problem with the Something app, which is why I use Awful now, and I've never seen it happen in this app.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The last few days I've been having a problem: often when loading a new page and sometimes when scrolling too fast, the app crashes. Dialog box says it stopped working. I'm on an older Google Nexus phone if it matters. The weird thing is that I don't think the app was updated lately? I'm not sure on that.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The last few days I've been having a problem: often when loading a new page and sometimes when scrolling too fast, the app crashes. Dialog box says it stopped working. I'm on an older Google Nexus phone if it matters. The weird thing is that I don't think the app was updated lately? I'm not sure on that.

What version are you on exactly?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sereri posted:

What version are you on exactly?

3.1.2b

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Can't find a crash report with your name on it.
Are those big threads with lots of pictures or text?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sereri posted:

Can't find a crash report with your name on it.
Are those big threads with lots of pictures or text?

Usually just text. Reasonably sure I filled in a bug report but next time it happens I'll fill one out. I turned off the hardware acceleration in the options to get rid of the black boxes and it hasn't done it as much.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Well, the addition of some extra space at the bottom has changed my feelings toward the FAB. Thanks!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

XIII posted:

Well, the addition of some extra space at the bottom has changed my feelings toward the FAB. Thanks!

:frogsiren: custom css user detected :frogsiren:

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I have extra space as well but I haven't messed with any sort of custom theming though?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Flagrama posted:

I have extra space as well but I haven't messed with any sort of custom theming though?

Haha, sounds like Sereri "fixed" something by breaking something.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Lately I've been experiencing this annoying bug where the horizontal swipe stops working. I then have to go into settings and toggle the checkbox off then on again to make it work.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

XIII posted:

Haha, sounds like Sereri "fixed" something by breaking something.

The space was there in the previous version but only in the standard CSS files. I moved it to the code so it can be turned off when there is no button. Side effect, people with custom themes now have a spacing too.

spankmeister posted:

Lately I've been experiencing this annoying bug where the horizontal swipe stops working. I then have to go into settings and toggle the checkbox off then on again to make it work.

I think you're just swiping over code tags which finally work by, well, blocking swiping while you're on them.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Wrong thread

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Apr 25, 2015

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sereri posted:

The space was there in the previous version but only in the standard CSS files. I moved it to the code so it can be turned off when there is no button. Side effect, people with custom themes now have a spacing too.

I think you're just swiping over code tags which finally work by, well, blocking swiping while you're on them.

Definitely not, sorry.
But thanks for fixing those!

Toggling the checkbox works but I found out that closing and re-opening the app also works.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I just got a Moto X, and so I find myself desiring a black theme. However, I don't care for the YOSPOS ones. Does anyone have the modified theme handy?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Still cant make topics with this retarded app

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

hooah posted:

I just got a Moto X, and so I find myself desiring a black theme. However, I don't care for the YOSPOS ones. Does anyone have the modified theme handy?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6f681RNC-btWnZ6ZnowTG9uUzA/edit?usp=docslist_api

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

The "Dark" theme has nothing to do with YOSPOS.