Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
has anyone made a 'well he is the son of god' joke yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
unsolicited religious evangelism is bad hth

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
"Yes I understand that ACL is quite a setback but have you heard about the Good Word?"

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

hiddenmovement posted:

"Yes I understand that ACL is quite a setback but have you heard about the Good Word?"

Karmichael, what would you say if I told you I can get you higher than you ever thought possible?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Drugs posted:

unsolicited religious evangelism is bad hth

This is true but that's not even remotely what him thanking god after winning the brownlow is

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Shmoses posted:

This is true but that's not even remotely what him thanking god after winning the brownlow is

I am talking about the broader point of his faith being a problem, which it is if he is proselytizing to draftees

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Apolis posted:

He never seemed like the leadership type when he was at Geelong but he seems to have developed it since going to the GC. I don't think he was as nutty at Geelong either, that seems to have ramped up in the last couple of years.
Gold Coast does have a bit of a bible belt so there's plenty of enablers.

I don't think you can live in Geelong and believe that God could create a place like Geelong.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Do you guys know of any websites that look into statistics with analysis? Sort of like fancy stats by looking at possession numbers and giving teams metrics to rate them by?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

pkid posted:

Confirmation that Deledio won't play for the Tigs on Saturday.

Lions win is looking better and better each day :/

i basically go on a formline of no deledio no tigers until they prove me wrong one day.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
League has got to be the dumbest loving sport right? I did a google search for bring back the biff, and it's just the dumbest loving thing.

Players present and past writing that the game looks stupid because players run towards each other and then aren't allowed to punch anyone in the head.

Honestly, what the gently caress?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

League has got to be the dumbest loving sport right? I did a google search for bring back the biff, and it's just the dumbest loving thing.

Players present and past writing that the game looks stupid because players run towards each other and then aren't allowed to punch anyone in the head.

Every single person involved in Rugby League in any capacity, from CEO down, is a missing evolutionary link.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Drugs posted:

Every single person involved in Rugby League in any capacity, from CEO down, is a missing evolutionary link.

The people on their Footy Show make Sam Newman and James Brayshaw look enlightened.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Karmichael, what would you say if I told you I can get you higher than you ever thought possible?

Brilliant

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Then again I see similar sentiments expressed regarding AFL. 'It's turning into netball!' And so on.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Here's the logo of a Tampa Bay footy team to interrupt Leeg is dum chat

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That starfish has a bone to pick.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

TG-Chrono posted:

That's a pretty angry starfish.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Chairchucker posted:

Then again I see similar sentiments expressed regarding AFL. 'It's turning into netball!' And so on.

I don't think you get anywhere near the volume or prominence of people saying it in AFL though. It's basically Sam Newman and Bigfooty.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

I don't think you get anywhere near the volume or prominence of people saying it in AFL though. It's basically Sam Newman and Bigfooty.

I think KB and co's campaign against the interchange bench is equally dumb tbh.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Shmoses posted:

I think KB and co's campaign against the interchange bench is equally dumb tbh.

I don't think reducing interchanges is even in the same universe as "stop punishing players for punching people in the head"

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
If anyone in Australia deserves a punch to the face it's statistically likely to be a league player

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Should I object to a racist misogynist Neanderthal getting voluntarily punched in the head?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Negligent posted:

Should I object to a racist misogynist Neanderthal getting voluntarily punched in the head?

idk, how hard's your head?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Depends if I'm wearing a bike helmet or not. What happened to your stack hat avatar

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
GAJ and B. Goodes for Sloane and T. McDonald with not much bank left, or for Rich and T.McDonald with heaps of bank left? This decision isn't getting any easier :argh:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

idk, how hard's your head?

I'm going to miss posts like this when you are gone.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

I don't think reducing interchanges is even in the same universe as "stop punishing players for punching people in the head"
Obviously not but it comes from the same 'the game was better in my day' thought

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Shmoses posted:

Obviously not but it comes from the same 'the game was better in my day' thought

That is definitely true.

Also Alex Rance is considering retirement at the end of this year.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Shmoses posted:

Well you seemed pretty drat offended by his religion. If he considers it an influence in his career he has every right to thank god in his brownlow acceptance speech. Get a grip.

No, I find offence in the concept of a divine bestowing special talents on an individual for no reason. Its arrogant and egotistical but people like you give it a pass because of some stupid idea of religion making it humble. Also youre correct, he does have every right to say it in his acceptance speech just like I have every right to disagree with it on a loving internet forum you gigantic baby.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

thepokey posted:

GAJ and B. Goodes for Sloane and T. McDonald with not much bank left, or for Rich and T.McDonald with heaps of bank left? This decision isn't getting any easier :argh:

Sloane. Sloane Sloane Sloaney Sloane. He is a 100% certain keeper provided he doesn't get horribly injured. Rich is much less reliable.

What if instead of perma banning muyb we just give him this as a sig:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

hiddenmovement posted:

Sloane. Sloane Sloane Sloaney Sloane. He is a 100% certain keeper provided he doesn't get horribly injured. Rich is much less reliable.

See I would much prefer Sloane, but with Rich I have an extra nearly 300k in the bank to start playing around with the rest of my team to make sure its full of peeps who will get games/cut the dead wood that I picked at the start. But on the other hand, Sloane, so ... :(

e: actually gently caress it, Sloane in and Lambert out for Nelson or Krakouer

thepokey fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 16, 2015

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Really, why? He's playing excellently

Nutsngum posted:

No, I find offence in the concept of a divine bestowing special talents on an individual for no reason. Its arrogant and egotistical but people like you give it a pass because of some stupid idea of religion making it humble. Also youre correct, he does have every right to say it in his acceptance speech just like I have every right to disagree with it on a loving internet forum you gigantic baby.
There is no way Ablett's views on the influence of religion in his career come from a place of arrogance or egotism. He is (weirdly, over the top) religious and he thinks that his faith has helped him be the person he is. That's it. You're being super ridiculous about this.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I've traded out Malceski and Cockatoo for Laid and NVB, avoiding a Malceski price crash and picking up a lot of money on the way. It's a lot of crows (+Sloane, Jacobs and CEY), but I'll probably be rid of them in premium upgrades by the bye round.

Junior is going to sit on the bench this week where he won't lost any value, and I'll trade him out for another premium next week or the week after.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shmoses posted:

There is no way Ablett's views on the influence of religion in his career come from a place of arrogance or egotism. He is (weirdly, over the top) religious and he thinks that his faith has helped him be the person he is. That's it. You're being super ridiculous about this.

Agreed.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

It was only the other day KB was saying Rance is literally the best player in the league and worth $1m a year, but people ignore him because he's a backman. Apparently Freo are keen.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I hope he loving retires then.

"So my only option is to play boring footy for Ross? I'm out."

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

TG-Chrono posted:

Can he kick off both.....points?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Technically they're all arms so he can only handball.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Diet Crack posted:

I hope he loving retires then.

"So my only option is to play boring footy for Ross? I'm out."

Don't worry, you'll get to see plenty of "boring" footy on Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

No doubt about it. I tipped the Eagles purely out of heart.

• Locked thread