Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

please someone make a gif of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MikeJF posted:

Walter is such an rear end in a top hat

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I tried to make a .gif but when I try to open those pics it crashes Photoshop every time

too much floof I guess

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Gus Hobbleton posted:

please someone make a gif of this

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

http://www.lostateminor.com/2014/01/14/can-now-buy-cat-battle-armour/

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

it's free real estate

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

yes

thank you

lord of the floof dance

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

is there a recommended cardboard scratcher?

edit: talked to someone at the pet store. told them leo likes to rub against the driveway aka something rough, was told a cardboard scratcher may not be rough enough. maybe some berber carpet?

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 16, 2015

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
I've had like 3 different types and Carmen has loved them all so I doubt there is one that's significantly better than the others. That said I always got the ones that are bent at an angle or have some fancy shape like a bowl, wave, etc. The perfectly flats ones seem a little boring, although I've seen Carmen scratch flat cardboard so maybe it doesn't matter.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ENVIRONMENT: FREAK BLIZZARD AFTER TAX DAY

CAT1 STATUS

CAT2 STATUS

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Josh Lyman posted:

edit: talked to someone at the pet store. told them leo likes to rub against the driveway aka something rough, was told a cardboard scratcher may not be rough enough. maybe some berber carpet?

my cats like those curved S shaped scratchers that have rough carpet, a scratching pad on one part, and a little toy dangling underneath.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

css
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzKSFwHkxqA

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

You need to go faster.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Josh Lyman posted:

Buy a small board. Buy a cheap industrial carpet runner from home depot, or a couple because they're only a few bucks

Cut the board into lengths and wrap the board with the different kinds of carpet and also wrap one with sisal twine and also leave one bare and just scuff it real rough with sandpaper

Boom, $20, 2-4 different scratchin' and rubbin' surfaces

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

CAT1 STATUS

CAT2 STATUS

:kimchi:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

PipeRifle posted:

Buy a small board. Buy a cheap industrial carpet runner from home depot, or a couple because they're only a few bucks

Cut the board into lengths and wrap the board with the different kinds of carpet and also wrap one with sisal twine and also leave one bare and just scuff it real rough with sandpaper

oh nice idea! can you just staple the carpet to the board or do you need to worry about the claws getting stuck in the staples?

edit: oh right i guess you can fold the carpet over and staple it from the back where they can't get to easily

mod sassinator fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 16, 2015

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

mod sassinator posted:

oh nice idea! can you just staple the carpet to the board or do you need to worry about the claws getting stuck in the staples?

Depends on where you put it/how it's oriented I guess. I made a vertical one wrapped in sisal twine and I used rounded hammer-in staples because it was so thick, with the staples perpendicular to the ground so if they're scratching up/down and accidentally go over one it won't get caught

Plus if you know how your cat likes to scratch you can place them in points where they're unlikely to hit 'em, like Reuben likes to stand up and scratch and the bottom of his posts are always pristine

I was also thinking of something that went on the floor, maybe at a small angle like a bean-bag toss board, and you can put all the fasteners on the bottom if the cat likes horizontal scratchins

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

mod sassinator posted:

edit: oh right i guess you can fold the carpet over and staple it from the back where they can't get to easily
stretch and staple on the back of the board, use white or wood glue to hold the carpet to the board

e: you got it

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Jonny 290 posted:

CAT1 STATUS

CAT2 STATUS

thank you for posting cats after that awful ham radio net
also— weed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Startyde posted:

thank you for posting cats after that awful ham radio net
also— weed

hahahahah

I'm going to talk to net control and see if I can take it over for a week. He runs it kind of slipshod and these are mainly new hams. I wanna keep them intrigued and do more than "do you own a $200 radio that works on a network nobody talks on? Please answer (yes) or (no)"

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

PipeRifle posted:

yeah catface literally just has a spare piece of wood on the floor and she adores it. a simple cat

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Radio! posted:

yeah catface literally just has a spare piece of wood on the floor and she adores it. a simple cat

an old christmas ribbon tied to a stick
a cardboard box
pen caps
packing peanuts
looking out the window

simple cat things

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt posted:

simple cat things

cut the paper handles off a shopping bag and tie a single knot in the middle

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

cut the paper handles off a shopping bag and tie a single knot in the middle

NARGLE TRAPPIN:

Season one paper bag with chinese food smells. Throw on couch. wait

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

CAT1 STATUS

CAT2 STATUS

Proper blizzard behavior.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I honestly would have purchased this for Dexter. And he would have been loving magnificent in it.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

new blanket

good for biscuits + drooling

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

[x]

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:dogbutton:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

devmd01 posted:

Pepper can't get snuggles in without interruption any more. On the plus side she is becoming waaay more tolerant of babby, really only leaves if babby gets that close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il0m7QHViXM

Your wife does what me and my sisters do with our nieces. "Gentle.. gentle... nice pets.."

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

jfc

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
The Casserole family photo dump, spring edition:

I found a strange lump of fur on my bed.

Doogie rocks his really bad home haircut. I didn't use a bowl this time, but you can't really tell. I need to get a Flowbee.

He can also grump with the best of 'em.

And last but not least, Jayne, who doesn't seem to understand that he's supposed to grow his hair back. It's been over four months already, stupid cat.

I have no doubt that he'd kill us all given half a chance, or if the food bowls were empty.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

pro

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

catte noises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAPP52OVJI8

sorry about dinner cooking sounds too.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I know, Moo. I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Daisy's settling down for the camera lately. Still has that aura of barely kept in check lunacy.