Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
No they're bespoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
They must be. I got two of them this morning. Both for June 25 2010, at 10:10 am I placed a thing in my cart

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Hey guys don't let blood/astral nations reach the end game welp thanks for reading my post

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Should have a game that allows only elemental nations, nature and death.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

How are u posted:

Should have a game that allows only elemental nations, nature and death.

I've been slowly working my way through event modding, to mod in some bad events that trigger if you spam Astral/Blood magic.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

fool_of_sound posted:

I've been slowly working my way through event modding, to mod in some bad events that trigger if you spam Astral/Blood magic.

Just have an event that sends a message to every non-blood nation every turn reminding them to maybe consider attacking their blood neighbors now and then

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

If I could mod the horror sends to generate like 1d6 marks on the caster I would

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I just messed around with the game after a long pause and am sad that Supaya Supremacy has been nerfed - the one time I got to try it in multiplayer everyone flipped their poo poo and teamed up to attack me after it was pointed out that I had 1300 W9F9 bless Supaya in my capital with another 140+ being summoned every turn. Then, admittedly, they killed all of the Supaya with Magma Children, but flying priests leading raiding parties still wrecked face even before Michael Jackson, lord of the undead, escaped imprisonment and took to the battlefield.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Nuclearmonkee posted:

If I could mod the horror sends to generate like 1d6 marks on the caster I would

But send horror is ENTIRELY PREVENTABLE (unless your opponent is LA Ulm i guess)

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Patrat posted:

I just messed around with the game after a long pause and am sad that Supaya Supremacy has been nerfed - the one time I got to try it in multiplayer everyone flipped their poo poo and teamed up to attack me after it was pointed out that I had 1300 W9F9 bless Supaya in my capital with another 140+ being summoned every turn. Then, admittedly, they killed all of the Supaya with Magma Children, but flying priests leading raiding parties still wrecked face even before Michael Jackson, lord of the undead, escaped imprisonment and took to the battlefield.

I'm pretty sure I was the one making the magma children in that game, they're uniquely suited to killing f9 supayas probably more than any other unit. It's a shame that Nazca doesn't really have a whole lot going for it other than the supayas, I've not seen anyone do much interesting with them yet (but it may happen). The new nation Therodos might also be equally fun since it will probably have sacred ghosts and some kind of free spawning mechanic.

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Piggypoopballs

I was Atlantis in this! I took a very silly imprisoned scales monolith with paths for forging (a bunch of items my pretender couldn't wear) and globals (that I couldn't cast underwater). Nuclearmonkee has the right of it: mostly I just sat in the water and built up an enormous, heaving tide of fishmen to crawl up on land and sucker-punch somebody with. It was going to be Abysia, but Monkee convinced me to go after Bandar Log instead once they went AI. I think they actually started chainstaling the turn I attacked, because I never once had to fight a serious battle with them. Kitfox is a huge bro and never once attacked me despite playing R'lyeh and all my troops having garbage MR. :cthulhu::respek::coolfish:

If I'd gone after Abysia at the time I started attacking Bandar Log, it might easily have been a loss for Monkee (and a win for Marignon). I had some very good battlemagic for basalt kings and huge, huge stacks of shamblers of the deep thanks to my excellent scales. But I didn't, and :effort:ed out once Marignon dropped vengeful waters on me. Steamrolling Bandar was fun, though.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I was LA Pythium and I was supposed to start a two front war by attacking and stopping marignon and abysia whom I both bordered. I was supposed to accomplish this goal before they researched blood2 to bring army killing magics to the battlefield. Baalz strategy guide did not cover how to easily deal with this situation so I doomed everyone in the game to a horrible death.

e: alumnus_post I thought for certain you would have attacked me after I blatantly attacked and took your land provs including one adjacent to your cap and then made increasingly insane justifications for it in irc. I guess I was just bored. :laffo:

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Apr 18, 2015

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

I was LA Pythium and I was supposed to start a two front war by attacking and stopping marignon and abysia whom I both bordered. I was supposed to accomplish this goal before they researched blood2 to bring army killing magics to the battlefield. Baalz strategy guide did not cover how to easily deal with this situation so I doomed everyone in the game to a horrible death
As LA Pythium? A quadruple Death empowerment on your best Serpent Priest to get Tarts out with a basically gem-light Skull Staff, Pretender-forged Copper Arm and Sceptre of Dark Regency in year 2, obviously. - Baalz.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Decrepus posted:

I was LA Pythium and I was supposed to start a two front war by attacking and stopping marignon and abysia whom I both bordered. I was supposed to accomplish this goal before they researched blood2 to bring army killing magics to the battlefield. Baalz strategy guide did not cover how to easily deal with this situation so I doomed everyone in the game to a horrible death.

e: alumnus_post I thought for certain you would have attacked me after I blatantly attacked and took your land provs including one adjacent to your cap and then made increasingly insane justifications for it in irc. I guess I was just bored. :laffo:

Most guides written off-site do not actually take blood nations into proper account, thanks baalz

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
An illustrated guide on how to deal with blood nations in the late game as a non-blood nation.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

You can deal with them it's just hard. You need horror point defense and excellent quality troops or summons of some variety that can withstand demons. The problem with blood is that it scales really really well since it is independent of your gem income so if you foolishly allow a blood nation to get large and don't gently caress with them at all before blood 7 (when it really starts to snowball. At 7 stuff like vampires come out and their blood hunt provinces go from vulnerable to dangerous due to leech), you are pretty hosed unless you are huge in comparison.

If however you keep pressure on earlier it's very hard to run a large blood econ pre-blood 7. If you have someone loving with you it stunts blood and growth, and lots of blood nations are not that powerful in the early game.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 18, 2015

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Man, in my actual game I have 20 provinces and not even one with an indie scout. :(

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Nuclearmonkee posted:

You can deal with them it's just hard. You need horror point defense and excellent quality troops or summons of some variety that can withstand demons. The problem with blood is that it scales really really well since it is independent of your gem income so if you foolishly allow a blood nation to get large and don't gently caress with them at all before blood 7 (when it really starts to snowball. At 7 stuff like vampires come out and their blood hunt provinces go from vulnerable to dangerous due to leech), you are pretty hosed unless you are huge in comparison.

If however you keep pressure on earlier it's very hard to run a large blood econ pre-blood 7. If you have someone loving with you it stunts blood and growth, and lots of blood nations are not that powerful in the early game.

The problem is if you start far away from the blood nation and by the time you meet him in the late game, he has much more resources to leverage compared to a gem focused nation. Horror spamming is not only effective, it's extremely cheap. Blood's late game spells have no saving roll and even low level stuff like agony and imps can do a decent amount of damage later.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

amuayse posted:

The problem is if you start far away from the blood nation and by the time you meet him in the late game, he has much more resources to leverage compared to a gem focused nation. Horror spamming is not only effective, it's extremely cheap. Blood's late game spells have no saving roll and even low level stuff like agony and imps can do a decent amount of damage later.

Yeah, the main problem with blood is that it's balanced around everyone in the game understanding that lategame blood is the best thing you can do but that you have a very clear window every game to beat them up first with minimal resistance. If you don't spawn next to blood nations, you have to bank on the people that did actually doing the right thing and attacking the blood nation in the early and midgame where they are typically mostly defenseless. You can lose to a blood nation simply because a bad player(s) NAPed them instead of ganging up to easily kill them and devour their lands while they were setting up an otherwise useless blood econ.

A nation like Berytos or Marignon should never actually win a game because their neighbors need to understand that their lands are FREE FOR THE TAKING especially since every other neighbor should happily assist in killing them but in practice if you spawn halfway across the world you can't count on this happening.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 19, 2015

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

I Love You! posted:

Yeah, the main problem with blood is that it's balanced around everyone in the game understanding that lategame blood is the best thing you can do but that you have a very clear window every game to beat them up first with minimal resistance. If you don't spawn next to blood nations, you have to bank on the people that did actually doing the right thing and attacking the blood nation in the early and midgame where they are typically mostly defenseless. You can lose to a blood nation simply because a bad player NAPed them instead of ganging up to easily kill them and devour their lands while they were setting up an otherwise useless blood econ.

A nation like Berytos or Marignon should never actually win a game because their neighbors need to understand that their lands are FREE FOR THE TAKING especially since every other neighbor should happily assist in killing them but in practice if you spawn halfway across the world you can't count on this happening.

Hi I make peace with nuclearmonkee while he's playing a blood nation.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Corbeau posted:

Oh you're going to lose then, I admire your plan however.

A bold move my friend

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i'm willing to lose when i know it takes everyone else down with me because it's not like i was gonna win anyway

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

I Love You! posted:

Yeah, the main problem with blood is that it's balanced around everyone in the game understanding that lategame blood is the best thing you can do but that you have a very clear window every game to beat them up first with minimal resistance. If you don't spawn next to blood nations, you have to bank on the people that did actually doing the right thing and attacking the blood nation in the early and midgame where they are typically mostly defenseless. You can lose to a blood nation simply because a bad player(s) NAPed them instead of ganging up to easily kill them and devour their lands while they were setting up an otherwise useless blood econ.

I usually don't bother with all that bullshit and just play a blood nation myself :unsmigghh:

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
join machaka game the demon

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Corbeau posted:

EA abysia is basically the worst blood nation in the game to the point that I am not prioritizing blood at all and have blood 1 (shadow imps) and enough slaves to do that+forge+blood sac.

Blood will come after firestorm if I live that long.

If all you have is cap only s1b2 prioritizing blood is not a terribly good idea. Besides I got spring and winter mages so researching things they can do is pretty great.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Keep calm and continue sandbagging.

I'm okay with it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Corbeau posted:

Keep calm and continue sandbagging.

I'm okay with it.

:laffo:

Nuclear monkey post in 30 days about how you have died/gone AI.

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 19, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
He's going to win if you let him go blood

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Decrepus posted:

:laffo:

Nuclear monkey post in 30 days about how you have died/gone AI.

Not in this game probably. I will be dead shortly in antlion and snakes though :v:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

I made a golem thug and he's taken many of lovely Ermor's terrible provinces and he is a true hero of glorious T'ien Chi:

But what's this? A challenger??

Let the epic battle commence!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
The golem's straight punch is almost as hilarious in gifs as the colossal fetish's :O

FnF
Apr 10, 2008

Boing posted:

I made a golem thug and he's taken many of lovely Ermor's terrible provinces and he is a true hero of glorious T'ien Chi:

But what's this? A challenger??

Let the epic battle commence!

Revenge is mine! (briefly, you're still winning by a country mile)

Edit : I could watch that gif all day!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Did that end in a TKO by damageless rout of a mindless unit?

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

^^^ I'm pretty sure it did. The province was mine last turn, but FnF teleported his golem into it to kill the PD during the ritual phase, and mine only got there during the movement phase so I was the attacker for that combat. I think mine was even winning the punch-off, too!

FnF posted:

Revenge is mine! (briefly, you're still winning by a country mile)

Maybe, but between your globals and your assassins you're making my invasion an increasingly miserable and unfulfilling endeavour.

FnF
Apr 10, 2008

Boing posted:

Maybe, but between your globals and your assassins you're making my invasion an increasingly miserable and unfulfilling endeavour.

Good ol' Plan B : if you can't repel the invasion, make it as frustrating as possible!

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Wow Summon Se'irim is like a much earlier Rain of Jaguars. B9 is my favorite bless for mass sacreds, next to W9

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Decrepus posted:

Snakesgame please submit your memes

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Who are the guys being stepped on?

And more importantly, what's exactly the gold/res income bonus of Agharta in caves with forts? Are we talking of a fixed amount or a %? Because with the fucknig poor provinces I have, I don't know if investing 600 gold to gain 15 extra gold is worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

Who are the guys being stepped on?

And more importantly, what's exactly the gold/res income bonus of Agharta in caves with forts? Are we talking of a fixed amount or a %? Because with the fucknig poor provinces I have, I don't know if investing 600 gold to gain 15 extra gold is worth it.

Augur elders.

A few turns ago he killed about the same number of my mages. The end result of this will be us beating eachother to death with sticks.

• Locked thread