Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ijyt posted:

so, it's possible to use cheatengine to edit your RP and $ values.

In online.

Lol.

Without getting added to the cheater pool? What about unlocking things. Because if you can cheat those race 50 requirements I would do that in a heart beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
They did an astonishingly good job with the heists and it feels incredibly baller to pull them off successfully. I'm lucky enough to be rolling with a group of competent friends on voice comms, so we'll always manage to beat it, but man is it a lot of fun to see how they turn out. It's impressive how people fall into natural roles: I've become the go-to guy for helicopter objectives, one of my friends is a natural airplane pilot, and some of my buddies are much better at shooting and stealth than me. Really good stuff.

I wish there were more regular missions that were available for 6+ players vs AI, though. It's silly that 4 is the ballpark figure, I can't get everyone involved with that limit.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Whereas my friends I've been trying to heist with (at least one in particular, though it's a bit hard to tell) are pretty fuckin incompetent. I want to get on with this heist so I can unlock the rest of them for myself (and get some money), but I don't want to cheese them off in turn because I skipped a mission on them. Is there a way to redo only a particular heist setup mission (or finale) or do I have to do the whole heist?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 20, 2015

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

ijyt posted:

In online.

Lol.

For a game with a cash shop this is an amazing oversight.

Its likely you could use cheat engine to alter your number of races of won, but it'd be a pain in the rear end to isolate the value.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Holy Christ I've been killed by 4/5 goons I've come across today. Does no one know what a crew member looks like on the map of is it just pure bloodlust.

hagie fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 20, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
New players are like chihuahuas, they're shaky and nervous and wet themselves at the slightest thing.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Nuebot posted:

Without getting added to the cheater pool? What about unlocking things. Because if you can cheat those race 50 requirements I would do that in a heart beat.
Obviously, I have no idea if this is true or not, but doing this in a solo session may not get you added to the cheater pool since solo sessions might be considered single player.

Kris xK posted:

For a game with a cash shop this is an amazing oversight.

Its likely you could use cheat engine to alter your number of races of won, but it'd be a pain in the rear end to isolate the value.
I would imagine they check for changes to money, but it might be too early to tell if people are getting banned or not.

mystic pimp fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 20, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hagie posted:

Holy Christ I've been killed by 4/5 goons I've come across today. Does no one know what a crew member looks like on the map of is it just pure bloodlust.

Some people in the goon crew are great, a few are pretty bad about this. I generally don't kill others in the crew, but every so often there's someone who's just a jackass I guess who teamkills constantly.

EDIT:

gullah jack posted:

Obviously, I have no idea if this is true or not, but doing this in a solo session may not get you added to the cheater pool since solo sessions might be considered single player.
It'd be hard to test then since apparently solo race wins don't count.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 20, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gullah jack posted:

I would imagine they check for changes to money, but it might be too early to tell if people are getting banned or not.

I would imagine the entire reason the game validates on the rockstar social club is so they could ban cheaters game keys and lock out online.

The money and level stuff doesn't even matter. The cheating in races, and making yourself invincible poo poo that ruins everybody elses game is the big problem.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Powershift posted:

I would imagine the entire reason the game validates on the rockstar social club is so they could ban cheaters game keys and lock out online.

The money and level stuff doesn't even matter. The cheating in races, and making yourself invincible poo poo that ruins everybody elses game is the big problem.
I feel like they'd care about money since they're selling shark cards that give you money, but yeah, I think they should be focusing on the bullshit that ruined IV's multiplayer.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I don't remember the strippers' tits not being covered in Online, I thought they had to be censored for multiplayer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gullah jack posted:

I feel like they'd care about money since they're selling shark cards that give you money, but yeah, I think they should be focusing on the bullshit that ruined IV's multiplayer.

people who cheat like that are never going to pay for anything.

The people the hackers pushed away from the game might have.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Powershift posted:

people who cheat like that are never going to pay for anything.

The people the hackers pushed away from the game might have.

You're welcome for that At The Races win (i didn't mean to flatten you that one time). 10 laps.. loving hell. What at terrible race. I made the host pay at least.

geeves fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 20, 2015

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Nuebot posted:

Some people in the goon crew are great, a few are pretty bad about this. I generally don't kill others in the crew, but every so often there's someone who's just a jackass I guess who teamkills constantly.

If it's in freeplay I'm generally in bloodlust/loving around mode. If anyone bothers to say something I'm up for doubling up to kill some folks.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

WARNING! At the moment, it's not clear if this mod could get you banned for cheating. Since the mod works in GTA 5 Online, and changes the memory settings, it could be viewed as a figurative cheat and possibly result in a ban. Frankly, it could also be seen as a literal cheat, since you'll have a more expansive view than other players. Use this mod at your own risk! Better yet, let someone else use it at their own risk and wait to see if anything bad happens to them.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
I'm brand new, have 1.2 mil (I think?) for online, and don't really know what to do first. I want to fly aircraft around in free roam, do heists, and have a few cool guns. Any advice for what I should buy/do first to get started?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

RVT posted:

I'm brand new, have 1.2 mil (I think?) for online, and don't really know what to do first. I want to fly aircraft around in free roam, do heists, and have a few cool guns. Any advice for what I should buy/do first to get started?

Buy a high end apartment to host the heists if you wanna be the leader. The DLC weapons on the right wall at Ammunation are all fairly solid and aren't rank locked.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

hagie posted:

Wow it is entirely too easy to get griefed in this game. Walk into gun store, walk out to get sniped by a dude camping across the street since the map gives you no idea of what is outside the bounds of the building.

First thing is, go passive if you are doing mundane things. The first rule of not getting griefed/trolled in gtao, the wild west of doing mundane tasks. Like imagine if there was a psychopath out there that knew that you could stop them and knew where you were via a phone app, and saw you were passive buying groceries unaware, why wouldn't they kill you? I guess the other thing is, they can still kill you in passive if they shoot the clerk from outside of the building and you are still inside, that is just the rotten life in Los Santos.

Alternative, just press some button on the bottom right corner from local map, to full scale city map. PS4, is like options, or the touch pad.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ijyt posted:

In online.

Lol.

lol R* learnt nothing from the old-gen DNS 'hacks', what a bunch of hacks. Thanks for the millions of dollars dudes.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

Buy a high end apartment to host the heists if you wanna be the leader. The DLC weapons on the right wall at Ammunation are all fairly solid and aren't rank locked.

Any particular apartment that's the best?

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone up for going through every heist with a single team and getting all those 100k and million rewards? Same team, in order, etc. Maybe over the course of a day or two? Maybe even in first person mode? I'd also like to do the elite heist challenges sometime. Got one goon, need two more. I'll host.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/panda-hero

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Delivery trucks sure take forever to get anywhere, but they're pretty great for ramming fools.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

RVT posted:

Any particular apartment that's the best?

3 Alta St's apartments are great for being among the cheapest apartments that can still do heists, and being right across from a subway entrance to use to dodge the cops in (your interaction menu lets you set a quick gps route to your properties, so setting one to home gets you right across from the entrance). It's also right on one of the roads that go down to the airport, is a quick jaunt from one of the los santos customs sites.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

geeves posted:

You're welcome for that At The Races win (i didn't mean to flatten you that one time). 10 laps.. loving hell. What at terrible race. I made the host pay at least.

Thanks for that, i didn't realize it was you until halfway when i noticed you were missing me, i made 22k, the host made $0. so awesome.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

rizuhbull posted:

Anyone up for going through every heist with a single team and getting all those 100k and million rewards? Same team, in order, etc. Maybe over the course of a day or two? Maybe even in first person mode? I'd also like to do the elite heist challenges sometime. Got one goon, need two more. I'll host.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/panda-hero

I'd be down for that assuming you're playing on PC. I have Monday and Tuesday off work if you wanted to knock some of them out.

I added you to friends from Dox023 on R* socialclub and I have another friend "tehgrif" who is also a goon and may be interested.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Is anyone else using a DS4 for this? I know at one point I was able to use it to fly planes but lately I've been unable to get it to work for some reason. I use Xinput Mapper (version 1.22 I think?) and I know the ds4 is reading because I tested in Dark Souls 2 and also when I press the the ps4 home button it shows an xbox controller logo. Any ideas?

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011
Had some neat races with some friends today and got this unconventional overtake: https://gfycat.com/BrokenWeepyIbisbill

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Is anyone else using a DS4 for this? I know at one point I was able to use it to fly planes but lately I've been unable to get it to work for some reason. I use Xinput Mapper (version 1.22 I think?) and I know the ds4 is reading because I tested in Dark Souls 2 and also when I press the the ps4 home button it shows an xbox controller logo. Any ideas?

Somebody else was saying the ds4 is natively supported, just pair it and play. i haven't checked for myself because i have a wireless 360 controller and the DS4 is broken donkey poo poo

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Right, so apparently I have to do heists to unlock those rocket proof cars everyone uses. If anyone is interested in grouping together for one at any point http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/buttwind add me and we can try to do this poo poo.

Marux
Mar 15, 2008

College Slice
Is there an issue with online heists having sync issues where you will go into the objective point and the game just sits there? Cannot access any menus or back out when it happens, and it forces me to force the client closed.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Powershift posted:

Somebody else was saying the ds4 is natively supported, just pair it and play. i haven't checked for myself because i have a wireless 360 controller and the DS4 is broken donkey poo poo

It is natively supported. BUT dealing with the DS4 in other games finally pissed me off completely and I went and got the first seemingly-good third party controller I've ever seen (because I have bad luck with plain 360 controllers) and have been much happier since

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 20, 2015

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I legit don't understand how people are having trouble with the PS4 controller in games, but I'm glad you found something that worked for you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mr E posted:

I legit don't understand how people are having trouble with the PS4 controller in games, but I'm glad you found something that worked for you.

Everything I've tried--including, eventually, DS4Windows--has been hilariously crash happy or requiring me to practically restart my computer just to work. I know that hasn't been other people's experience but I ran out of patience trying to figure out what the gently caress. :shrug:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Sometimes after failing a mission and retrying or swtiching sides in jobs my screen is permanently locked onto a "snapshot" of my character, like the game likes to do, however my radar and hud are present and updating as if everything were normal but of course I am just looking at a picture of my ugly self. Its affected other people in our group, does anyone know of a fix?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

Sometimes after failing a mission and retrying or swtiching sides in jobs my screen is permanently locked onto a "snapshot" of my character, like the game likes to do, however my radar and hud are present and updating as if everything were normal but of course I am just looking at a picture of my ugly self. Its affected other people in our group, does anyone know of a fix?

if you're in full screen, alt-tab out and back in and it should fix it. if you're windowed, alt+enter goes full screen, then alt tab to fix, then alt enter to go back to window

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Powershift posted:

if you're in full screen, alt-tab out and back in and it should fix it. if you're windowed, alt+enter goes full screen, then alt tab to fix, then alt enter to go back to window

Thanks I'll try this next time it happens!

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014

Powershift posted:

The most significant thing this trick/fix works for is the bug at the end of the Flecca Job's first setup mission that breaks at the very end when you attempt to enter your garage.

On my first run through of the heists I hosed myself by force quitting when that happened and I missed out on the credit for the two awards that give an extra 1 million each. Fortunately you can fix the credit for the playing with the same friends one by just replaying it, but fair warning to anyone trying for that award money: force quitting fucks up credit tracking.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
GTA Online is a case study into how not to manage an online game. The lobby system makes the game pretty much unplayable if you want to do stuff, and they decided that giving people access to invincible cars would be a great addition to free roam. From what i've heard it's still better than GTA 4's multiplayer, so maybe in 5 years they'll be able to get something playable with GTA VI. At least the heists are fun.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is there any way to have the game throw you into an invite only session by default?

This scenario happens to me quite frequently:
1.) I'm in an invite only session in my apartment, specifically looking to do an instanced multiplayer mission
2.) Attempt to join game invite
3.) Game is full and or or has left the lobby
4.) GTAV transfers me into a public online session instead of just kicking me back to the invite only session I was just in

Same thing happens when an instanced mission ends and I want to go back to freeroam. There's no option to join a crew only or invite only session until I load into the public one.

It's the one major gripe I have about GTA:O and could easily be solved by having a setting to always move to an invite-only session. Also for the record it's not the fact that I have to interact with other players, it's the loading 20+ other people into the game which takes forever compared to an instant load on an invite-only session.

CJ posted:

GTA Online is a case study into how not to manage an online game. The lobby system makes the game pretty much unplayable if you want to do stuff, and they decided that giving people access to invincible cars would be a great addition to free roam. From what i've heard it's still better than GTA 4's multiplayer, so maybe in 5 years they'll be able to get something playable with GTA VI. At least the heists are fun.

Agreed. The game seems to not prioritize low latency players either. I'm frequently paired with people using chinese and cyrillic characters in text chat.

Mr E posted:

because USB hardware interfaces are pretty complex? Especially when you're trying to take a peripheral with drivers specifically designed for very specific hardware (PS4) and trying to port that over to a huge variety of different computer hardware.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Apr 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Also, anyone that actually used the cheatengine method, be ready for a ban or probably a reset if they're feeling lenient, that poo poo is going to be easy to detect.

• Locked thread