Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Hello Thunderdome my old friend...

:toxx:Make with the magic, magic woman, and make it good :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

ZeBourgeoisie posted:

Alright, lemme in. This week I shall not fail! :black101:

:toxx:

Young, orphaned animals and children come to you. They remain your tirelessly obedient companions until they can't anymore.

If it can behave like thread or string, you can weave, sew or stitch it. Grass, time, hair, vines. Your creations are your spells. The things you weave will most surely come to pass.

Nubile Hillock posted:

i am in this week u scrubs, clench ur buttholes

Your magic and charm causes every woman over 28 years old to become convinced they're your justifiably bitter ex wife any time they come within ten feet of you. The effect lasts for 420 hours. Rats and mice are also inexplicably drawn to you, though they're much more affable than the fake-exes, and will help you out in times of need.

You work with gemstones. Their unique frequencies sing to you, and you can direct their properties into powerful magic.

You can create words of power, small phrases that bring about whatever you want to invoke. However, once you've infused a word with power, anyone who utters it invokes that power. The infusion can't be undone.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Oh and BTW, someone asked so I'll mention it here: Your stories don't have to be in first person POV just because I'm addressing "you" in my prompt assignments.

Also, here's a helpful diagram:

Benny the Snake posted:

Hello Thunderdome my old friend...

:toxx:Make with the magic, magic woman, and make it good :toxx:

Your wizard has the power to calm people, animals, and crowds of people and animals with his voice, and heal contaminated or blighted earth with his hands. It is virtually impossible for violence to happen around him.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Wiz me.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Your power relies on intense visualization, which allows you to bring objects or beings out of your mind and into the world. Small, simple things are easier. Large or elaborate things can take a toll. Your meditations can be empowered by a rare, enchanting form of music.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

jesus is everybody going to enter this week or what. stop it.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

crabrock posted:

jesus is everybody going to enter this week or what. stop it.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Gonna make an alt account just to sign up again. The prompt so nice, I entered twice.

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

New ad idea: just a wizard.

skwidmonster
Mar 31, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Jesus. Alright, yeah, I'm in. And call me Britney Spears cuz I'm :toxx:ic

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I want to feel the magic!

IN

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Okay, this prompt looks cool. Sorry crabrock Drown in the terrible turds I call my words.

In. :toxx:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:siren: I am offering 3 line crits for anyone who wants them. Any week, any story, I don't really care. Also, placing a :toxx: that these crits as well as the line crit I promised skwidmonster will be finished by next sunday (5/3) :siren:

edit: 2 taken, 1 more available

edit 2: no more

flerp fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 21, 2015

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Wasn't gonna enter this week, but I like it when crabrock is sad. :toxx:

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

Broenheim posted:

:siren: I am offering 3 line crits for anyone who wants them. Any week, any story, I don't really care. Also, placing a :toxx: that these crits as well as the line crit I promised skwidmonster will be finished by next sunday (5/3) :siren:

Hey dude I would love one for my story from biography week: http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=3429&title=The+Truth+Above+All

ALSO: I will linecrit at least one newbies story this week.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

skwidmonster posted:

Jesus. Alright, yeah, I'm in. And call me Britney Spears cuz I'm :toxx:ic

You gain your power from the stories children tell each other while playing. You can bring childish superstitions to life to do their bidding. Your creations, however, can only ever be as wise as the children who made them up.

J.A.B.C. posted:

I want to feel the magic!

IN

Your left hand gives death. Your right hand gives life. You can enchant various gloves and jewelry to mute or channel these attributes.

kurona_bright posted:

Okay, this prompt looks cool. Sorry crabrock Drown in the terrible turds I call my words.

You have power over any thing that pulses or beats. Hearts, wings, footsteps, drums. With clever application of your gifts, you can change the tide of wars, and drop falcons from the sky.

curlingiron posted:

Wasn't gonna enter this week, but I like it when crabrock is sad. :toxx:

You can steal tears, laughter, whoops of joy, cries of anguish, and any other expression of pure emotion, and shape them into magic or charms. Unfortunately (or fortunately), you also take the accompanying emotion from your donors.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
gently caress it, in.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

newtestleper posted:

ALSO: I will linecrit at least one newbies story this week.

I would like this.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

JuniperCake posted:

gently caress it, in.

You have the power to enforce any promise to its fullest extent, even if the promiser no longer wants to be obligated to their vow. Doubt, injury, and death are no obstacle for your power.

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 21, 2015

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Nice job with the prompt Lou, now all we need is to put up the Thunderdome ads and it's smooth sailing to Recordville. Come one guys, we can break fifty.

Broenheim posted:

I'd like to know what you think about this piece. Added bonus, it's short.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

cargohills posted:

I would like this.

I'll choose after the stories are posted. I don't want to linecrit a story that someone hasn't bothered to proofread or title. I'll check yours first though.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

rip sitting here, crabrock, ahfb

Wangless Wonder
May 27, 2009

Broenheim posted:

edit: 2 taken, 1 more available

I'll take one for the week before last or any week really, thanks!

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
What a fascinating prompt.

In.

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I'll join this thunderdome. Wizard me.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What a prompt to take my thunderdome virginity. I'm in.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
in, gently caress me up

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bye

anime was right fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 27, 2015

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Fast judging is good judging

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
In, with a :toxx: for not following through on two signups.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
I will give a bonus crit to everyone who :toxx:es themselves.

P.S.: :toxx:

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

If i get banned now, i don't gotta judge this or finish writing my words for the long walk.

Makes one think.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
About a year ago me and ravenkult agreed to trade line crits. I did one for him. He disappeared like a little bitch. Now he's talking in irc and seems to have the same idea I have for a story this week.

Brawl me, motherfucker.

We don't need a prompt. Let's just go ahead and use our entries for this week. Somebody wanna step up as an outside judge for our viking wizard duel? Assuming, of course, that ravenkult isn't gonna be a little bitch about this.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

You're on, bruh.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z93SdirnzTw

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Tyrannosaurus posted:

About a year ago me and ravenkult agreed to trade line crits. I did one for him. He disappeared like a little bitch. Now he's talking in irc and seems to have the same idea I have for a story this week.

Brawl me, motherfucker.

We don't need a prompt. Let's just go ahead and use our entries for this week. Somebody wanna step up as an outside judge for our viking wizard duel? Assuming, of course, that ravenkult isn't gonna be a little bitch about this.
I'll judge if I'm allowed to give you each an additional flash rule. :mrgw:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Legit wizardry up in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I saw a banner ad, and I love wizards, so sure.

In.

• Locked thread