Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'm confused. Have you people never played an online game before this one?

Of course pubbies are shitlords. You have only yourself to blame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I didn't expect him to waste everyone's time. He could have taken 90% of the money and I Wouldn't have cared, I just want the insurgent at this point.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

FallinInTheBlak posted:

:siren::siren:Important Crew Information!!!

The time of judgement will come tomorrow at 12pm GMT

The Great Goon Purge has ended for now and 64 Goons have been removed from LLJK. If you were one of those who were kicked you're welcome to reapply as long as you set LLJK as your active crew or let me know, as some people did, that you are in multiple crews and that you switch between them depending on who you are playing with.

The following Goons were removed from LLJK:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Akion posted:

Group selfie before the mayhem.

I repeat like 8 times "I'm on the gun, can you see me from that angle"

:reject:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just thought I'd go ahead and do the second heist.
Took a good 20 minutes to find 4 people, the cutscene was unskippable for some reason, so add 4 minutes or so for that, choose a mission, ready up, start the mission and someone bails instantly. It was worth the wait for these things.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
All heist cutscenes are unskippable unless all 4 players in the heist have already completed it once. Then you can also skip some of the driving, but it takes away from the total take to do so.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Are there any helipads/hangars you can buy that function like garages? ie - can you turn a chopper or plane into a personal vehicle by boosting them, or do you need to buy them?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Slim Killington posted:

All heist cutscenes are unskippable unless all 4 players in the heist have already completed it once. Then you can also skip some of the driving, but it takes away from the total take to do so.

Weird, I'd had scenes skipped when I'd not seen them before on my character beforehand.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Is it even possible to skip right to the finale of a heist? Or are the people who kick at the end just dicks for no reason.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Fishstick posted:

Are there any helipads/hangars you can buy that function like garages? ie - can you turn a chopper or plane into a personal vehicle by boosting them, or do you need to buy them?

You have to buy them.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

Is it even possible to skip right to the finale of a heist? Or are the people who kick at the end just dicks for no reason.

As hired help you can join heists at any setup or the actual heist itself, depending on what part the host needs help with and what invites the matchmaking throws at you. I also doubt they kicked you just to be dicks, there are several valid reasons to change the group (member not performing well, friends/crew members who logged in > pubbies, etc.) - heists are easy to fail. Unless you joined a group for the stated purpose of finishing complete heists in order for the challenges, expect to be replaced between missions if you're running with randoms.

orcane fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 22, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

At least they weren't just doing it to be spiteful I guess. I think I'm done trying to help someone complete all the stages though, it's like pulling teeth. I'll just wait until I get lucky and grab the finale.

EDIT: It just seemed unexpected because it had been the same four people for every part of the set up and we did it all pretty easily. I'm guessing they had friends they wanted to get through it or crew.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 22, 2015

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I repeat like 8 times "I'm on the gun, can you see me from that angle"

:reject:

I thought you meant you were standing on the gun. :(

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Pubbies are a special kind of stupid.

On our 5th loving try to the setup where you get the card keys or whatever, you still don't realize this is the part where we get in cars and drive the gently caress out of here? "Oh poo poo guys wait wait up" *gets shot to death, or run the gently caress over for panicking and running in front of my loving car*

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
It's almost always smartest to have one person (who isn't a gently caress-up) take the case and a car and gently caress off outta there while everyone else hunkers down behind cover for the 30 seconds it takes to turn it in. No point in everyone trying to get to a car and getting shot.

Of course, there's no telling pubbies that. They'll insist on doing whatever dumb poo poo they have in their heads.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Slim Killington posted:

Of course, there's no telling pubbies that. They'll insist on doing whatever dumb poo poo they have in their heads.

Like running in front of a jet mid-take off. I'd really like to meet the guy who thought up the shared lives system and kick him in the rear end.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

:siren::siren:Important Crew Information!!!

I've not been playing nearly as much as I did, so, if you need to make room, feel free to remove me. FlamingDarkness. I mean, I'd love to join in with whatever events and craziness PS3 players might get up to, but between my recently aquired full-time job (no more cross-Atlantic all nighters), my PS3 starting to die of old age and abuse, and the sheer lack of PS3 players, I don't see that happening much.

My PS3 stopped wanting to read disks, and I can't afford to get it fixed right now, so it's an arduous pain in the balls just trying to get going in any game. It takes a few dozen attempts before it'll actually attempt to load the game, and if the console locks or restarts or some other dumb thing happens (GTA does dumb things with some regularity) then I'm back to playing disc tray roulette for another twenty minutes or more. I'm sure once I save up enough to get this thing fixed, or move onto proper gaming PC stuff, I'll be back with it. And even then, whenever I play again, I'll be happy to roll under Mountain Crew, represent WEZL News, or go back to my old PUGZ tag.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

TheDarkFlame posted:

I've not been playing nearly as much as I did, so, if you need to make room, feel free to remove me. FlamingDarkness. I mean, I'd love to join in with whatever events and craziness PS3 players might get up to, but between my recently aquired full-time job (no more cross-Atlantic all nighters), my PS3 starting to die of old age and abuse, and the sheer lack of PS3 players, I don't see that happening much.

My PS3 stopped wanting to read disks, and I can't afford to get it fixed right now, so it's an arduous pain in the balls just trying to get going in any game. It takes a few dozen attempts before it'll actually attempt to load the game, and if the console locks or restarts or some other dumb thing happens (GTA does dumb things with some regularity) then I'm back to playing disc tray roulette for another twenty minutes or more. I'm sure once I save up enough to get this thing fixed, or move onto proper gaming PC stuff, I'll be back with it. And even then, whenever I play again, I'll be happy to roll under Mountain Crew, represent WEZL News, or go back to my old PUGZ tag.

Well at the moment nobody else needs to be removed, but thanks for letting me know for the future. If you link me to your profile I can invite you to Weazel Action News if you're not an unpaid intern already.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TheDarkFlame posted:

Yeah, there's not been any kicks from MTNC or WEZL so there might still be people hanging around on the old consoles.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

TeeMerk posted:

Hey Geeves I think you picked me up the other night in your pink car and we ran from cops for about 10 minutes and it was the most fun I have had in my albeit short time in GTA:O.

After you lost the 4 stars you hopped on a train like a hobo and just rode into the sunset and it was beautiful.

I was hoping you'd get on the train to to lure pubbies with your bounty :v:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

epsilon-6 posted:

Anybody on ps3 up for some shenanigans like loving with pubbies? My psn is Tenderclownhug

Your username made me burst out laughing at work. Pretty good.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Just got into the game for the first time on my Q9400/GTX 660 setup, it runs ok at 1920x1080. I'm not looking for 60FPS, I'd like at least 30 or so. Anyway, I transferred my character but the only vehicle not to come over was my armored Kuruma, which was the active vehicle when I left PS3 yesterday. A few weapons didn't carry over either.

I couldn't believe how fast the game loaded on my ancient setup! Loading into online wasn't bad either.

Fake edit: Before submitting the support request I decided to go back into online to see if maybe the car was at Mors (even though the mechanic didn't even have it in his list of cars) and it was there, along with all my weapons! Strange. My saved outfits didn't carry over though :(

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
So here's what happened during the great highway run. The first try failed because we weren't correctly assembled.

We started the battle on the tarmac of the LSIA, and sped out the gates. We hit the highway and looped through the city to reach the outer coastal highway. We ran on the coast for a while before the gunner and back seat passenger were shot and killed at a police roadblock. These two caught up in a tricked out Sabre as the two insurgents began to rob a 24/7, starting a gun battle and waiting for people to arrive. The Sabre team smashed the brakes and entered the insurgents. The insurgents continued around the coast, facing multiple problems during the approach of Paleto Bay where another player was shot and killed by a police helicopter. They then tailed the convoy in a sports car. After mowing through car upon car, the team needed to regroup, on the Great Ocean Highway they went down a frontage road and robbed a liquor store, while the men in the armed insurgent held off approximately ~10-12 police cars. After the take was secured, the team had to blow through the husks of multiple police cars. As we approached the airport resistance became light. The original escape plan for the cargobob's picking up the insurgents failed, and the insurgents were abandoned for getting in a cargobob. SpaceTexas and TopHatsMonthly abandoned the vehicle and took a private jet, landing in Sandy Shores, one of the Cargobobs crashed after repeated police gunfire, killing multiple crew members. All in all, the police cars destroyed count was over 300 at least, we had about 10 crew member fatalities, two personal vehicles lost, a helicopter lost, and police casualties probably over 1000. It was a good day!

Vehicles utilized
2x Insurgent (1 Armed, 1 transport)
1x Ruiner
1x Guardian
2x Turbo Sabre
1x Savage
2x Cargobob
1x Shamal

Vehicles destroyed:
1x Ruiner
1x Turbo Sabre
1x Cargobob

Nothing quite beat the roadblocks getting busted by a savage ahead of time while we got the stragglers and helicopters with a 50 cal

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 22, 2015

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Does whoever sets up the heist lose their buy-in every time you fail, or just when you fail in the finale? I've heard conflicting reports.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Fishstick posted:

Does whoever sets up the heist lose their buy-in every time you fail, or just when you fail in the finale? I've heard conflicting reports.

You don't lose it at all unless you abandon it and start a new heist (If you're on the Pacific Standard finale then for some reason start Series A). Your heist progress as Host should be saved and you can pick it up at any time.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
You pay a buy-in one time to start the heist, which is taken before you even begin the first mission. You don't make any money until you complete the finale; you also don't lose anything (other than ammo/armor costs). If you never complete the finale, you're out whatever the buy-in cost was.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

So here's what happened during the great highway run.

This gives me inspiration. I think this weekend I want to get a group together of as many that want to come, and take Kurumas and Insurgents to do every gang attack on the map in a single game day. There's an award for it, and I've never gotten it.

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 22, 2015

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Top Hats Monthly posted:

So here's what happened during the great highway run. The first try failed because we weren't correctly assembled.

We started the battle on the tarmac of the LSIA, and sped out the gates. We hit the highway and looped through the city to reach the outer coastal highway. We ran on the coast for a while before the gunner and back seat passenger were shot and killed at a police roadblock. These two caught up in a tricked out Sabre as the two insurgents began to rob a 24/7, starting a gun battle and waiting for people to arrive. The Sabre team smashed the brakes and entered the insurgents. The insurgents continued around the coast, facing multiple problems during the approach of Paleto Bay where another player was shot and killed by a police helicopter. They then tailed the convoy in a sports car. After mowing through car upon car, the team needed to regroup, on the Great Ocean Highway they went down a frontage road and robbed a liquor store, while the men in the armed insurgent held off approximately ~10-12 police cars. After the take was secured, the team had to blow through the husks of multiple police cars. As we approached the airport resistance became light. The original escape plan for the cargobob's picking up the insurgents failed, and the insurgents were abandoned for getting in a cargobob. SpaceTexas and TopHatsMonthly abandoned the vehicle and took a private jet, landing in Sandy Shores, one of the Cargobobs crashed after repeated police gunfire, killing multiple crew members. All in all, the police cars destroyed count was over 300 at least, we had about 10 crew member fatalities, two personal vehicles lost, a helicopter lost, and police casualties probably over 1000. It was a good day!

Vehicles utilized
1x Ruiner
1x Guardian
2x Turbo Sabre
1x Savage
2x Cargobob
1x Shamal

Vehicles destroyed:
1x Ruiner
1x Turbo Sabre
1x Cargobob

Nothing quite beat the roadblocks getting busted by a savage ahead of time while we got the stragglers and helicopters with a 50 cal

Also worth noting that my Savage probably would have survived the entire ordeal, but on one of my strafing runs an explosion launched a police car about 50 feet in the air, directly into my flight path.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Akion posted:

Also worth noting that my Savage probably would have survived the entire ordeal, but on one of my strafing runs an explosion launched a police car about 50 feet in the air, directly into my flight path.

I forgot about this, that was amazing.
"Oh noooo :("

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I forgot about this, that was amazing.
"Oh noooo :("

I wish someone took a screen shot when we were on the rails.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I am considering buying a Valkyrie and/or Hydra for the next time we do this in order to make air support even more interesting.

I feel like the Valkyrie could be fun for rescuing people.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Akion posted:

I am considering buying a Valkyrie and/or Hydra for the next time we do this in order to make air support even more interesting.

I feel like the Valkyrie could be fun for rescuing people.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Sucks that the Valkyrie doesn't have pilot controlled weapons, but it's super fun to fly and two gunners is nice for treating your bros to a good time.

Last night's event was fun as hell.

Oh, and I bought an Insurgent Technical in case we ever feel like doing this again with more people.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

hellfaucet posted:

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Sucks that the Valkyrie doesn't have pilot controlled weapons, but it's super fun to fly and two gunners is nice for treating your bros to a good time.

Last night's event was fun as hell.

It would be kind of OP with a pilot controlled weapon. Valkyrie has 3 weapons on it. Minigun on each side, and a nose mounted automatic grenade launcher controlled by the co-pilot.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Akion posted:

It would be kind of OP with a pilot controlled weapon. Valkyrie has 3 weapons on it. Minigun on each side, and a nose mounted automatic grenade launcher controlled by the co-pilot.

Oh snap! I didn't even realize it had the grenade launcher on the front. Sold!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Vehicles utilized
1x Ruiner
1x Guardian
2x Turbo Sabre
1x Savage
2x Cargobob
1x Shamal

Vehicles destroyed:
1x Ruiner
1x Turbo Sabre
1x Cargobob

Also me and that Willy Wonka-looking guy got scraped off early and went on our own crime adventures.

I got my Paradise and Sultan blown up and my Hotknife impounded, then said gently caress it and stole a fighter jet from Zancudo which I promptly drove into the sea. 10/10 would commit grand larceny again.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I feel like we should make the Tuesday Night Rampage a regular thing.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Akion posted:

I feel like we should make the Tuesday Night Rampage a regular thing.

Tuesday Night Terrorism. "TNT". :colbert:

Mr.Gorha
Jul 27, 2005

Have a nice day.
What's the current ps4 goon squad? I play in a small crew of personal friends since weazle and mountain crew are dead but want more than two folk to play with.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I keep seeing people mention selling cars- do you have to be a certain rank for that to unlock? I don't have a missing for it, but I really haven't done a whole hell of a lot online yet, just some races and getting mowed down by pubbies from 30 miles away since I suck.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

I keep seeing people mention selling cars- do you have to be a certain rank for that to unlock? I don't have a missing for it, but I really haven't done a whole hell of a lot online yet, just some races and getting mowed down by pubbies from 30 miles away since I suck.

Steal cars on the street and sell them at LS Customs. You can only do this once every 45 minutes.

Best ones to steal are the Oracle, Sentinel, or the Land Rover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah I'm curious about that too. I had Simeon text me a list of cars he wanted, but after I delivered one of them to his dockside warehouse the text msg list went away and I never received any new ones. :(

I've mostly been wandering around aimlessly, mostly in passive mode since being non-passive usually results in random people killing me for little reason other than to amuse themselves I guess. My only major money and ranks have come from flight school. And all the mission texts I get are deathmatches and stuff and I'd rather do cooperative stuff at first till I got some gear and know wtf I'm doing.

• Locked thread