Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Gidley is a shell of his former ability. He can't go five minutes without dropping the ball or doing something idiotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

loving Warriors :(

Also what happened to Taumalolo? I assume he got injured as that motherfucker made like 4 points in fantasy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Possible ACL

kind of glad I don't have to drag myself to a Knights game next week, can't keep making lovely errors with the ref against you or you'll lose (also seven tackle set, wtf ref)

Gids needs to gently caress off to England already and Tyrone can go back to NSW cup, get Carlos in.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Ewar Woowar posted:

loving Warriors :(

Also what happened to Taumalolo? I assume he got injured as that motherfucker made like 4 points in fantasy

Grade 3 medial 6-8 weeks.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
OK so Dugan will be out for the game now, Dragons down to 16 men and all it cost the Roosters was a penalty. They really need to rethink this system.

edit: :lol: they're letting Dugan stay on?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

OK so Dugan will be out for the game now, Dragons down to 16 men and all it cost the Roosters was a penalty. They really need to rethink this system.

edit: :lol: they're letting Dugan stay on?

Barely makes any difference to the dragons' attack to have a passenger out there

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

A little bit damp down there in old Sydney town

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Soft.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Agreed. The hail is small and there's no lightning at the ground, get back out there you wimps.

heladocasero
Jul 27, 2010
It's been clear for the past ten minutes, are they saying anything on the broadcast about why we haven't resumed?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

heladocasero posted:

It's been clear for the past ten minutes, are they saying anything on the broadcast about why we haven't resumed?

They should be coming out to warm up shortly, then five minutes later the game should restart.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Lost all 3 4 of my tips today by a combined margin of 810 points :negative:

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Apr 25, 2015

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Hmm apparently it's Anzac day

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I'm out of town and on a pretty poor internet connection, so I haven't seen how bad today's performance was. One issue I do have is why McFadden was signed to a four year contract when we weren't competing with anyone for his signature. The squad played well last year when he took over, but this year we have played like poo poo too often for the quality of squad we have available for selection.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Parra have no kicking game whatsoever

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Pretty shithouse about Dodds, injuries have hosed his entire career and he's been really good for us this year. gently caress Gower for sitting on our halves all night and never getting penalised for it.

Good game though :horse:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Good to see Gus is as retarded as ever. Raiders knock the ball out of the hand of Stewart and a player further up the field picks it up and runs away to score. Video ref correctly calls it offside. Gus castigates them for sending it upstairs saying that they should just give that as a try. gently caress the rules, just give everything as a try!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Raiders are going to be a solid team when they get Sezer next year

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Blake Austin looks so white trash

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
RIP that guy lying on the ground

Edit: or not?

Edit 2: just have a seat mate Jesus Christ you can't even walk properly at the moment

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Raiders oscillate wildly between being a credible threat and literal clowns.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
Stone cold Blake Austin.

I stayed up all night thinking of that one

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That should be the ball game, gently caress off Souths.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
I be drinking since 11 watching nhl playoffs but Cedric Lee was a mile offside but who cares. Go raiders.

Tonight on channel 9: Ricky Stuart And The Day He Learned To Smile

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Yay raiders

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The NSW City v. Country sqauds have been announced.

City
1. Matt Moylan (Panthers)
2. James Roberts (Titans)
3. Dylan Walker (Rabbitohs)
4. Waqa Blake (Panthers)
5. Daniel Tupou (Roosters)
6. Reynolds (Bulldogs)
7. Luke Keary (Rabbitohs)
8. Andrew Fifita (Sharks)
9. Nathan Peats (Eels)
10. David Klemmer (Bulldogs)
11. Curtis Sironen (Tigers)
12. Wade Graham (Captain, Sharks)
13. Tyrone Peachey (Panthers)

Interchange
14. Blake Austin (Raiders)
15. Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Panthers)
16. Kane Evans (Roosters)
17. Jason Clarke (Rabbitohs)

Country
1. David Mead (Titans)
2. Akuilla Uate (Knights)
3. Jarrod Croker (Raiders)
4. Jack Wighton (Raiders)
5. James Mcmanus (Knights)
6. James Maloney (Captain, Roosters)
7. Jarrod Mullen (Knights)
8. Dale Finucane (Storm)
9. Ryan Hinchcliffe (Storm)
10. Kade Snowden (Knights)
11. Joel Thompson (Dragons)
12. Tyson Frizell (Dragons)
13. Josh Jackson (Bulldogs)

Interchange:
14. Jackson Bird (Sharks)
15. Paul Vaughan (Raiders)
16. Tariq Sims (Knights)
17. Ryan James (Titans)

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I believe Shannon Boyd from Canberra is on standby for Country.

Obviously Paul Vaughan is a really good prop. Has all the skills and can play a lot of minutes but I just wanna rave about Shannon Boyd for a bit. The guy is near on 6'5 and weighs 122 kilos and moves really well for a huge guy. Both him and Papalii are only 22 (people tend to forget how young Papalii is) and both will turn into absolute monsters if handled properly. The issue with players like that is they get too fat but Boyd was literally man handling the Souths pack today and not many props can do that.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Approximately 10 players from each side pull ouit of City v Country every year anyway so those team lists don't mean much.

Also after sucessfully tipping the Tigers I proceeded to lose every single tip after that for a stunning 1/8.

edit: Has Ryan Hoffman retired from rep footy? Was surprised not to hear him in the Kangaroos side over the likes of Bird, Lewis, Papalii but if he's not in City v Country he mustn't be available. Unless they just plain forgot about him since he's at the Warriors (wouldn't surprise me).

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 26, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Tip the upset on Monday nights. We've spoken about this before. It's why I'm annoyed Souths got 4 Monday games in a row (if you count yesterday's game as "last match of the round"). I tipped our losses to Cowboys, Sharks and Raiders and I'll be tipping against us next week too if we can even still be considered favourites.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

The sharks and the cowboys have been poo poo hot recently, and I guess I haven't been paying enough attention if the same can be said about canberra. Still a bit of a drastic turnaround for the team that forgot how to lose, though. They're basically a full team minus Aeynolds these days too.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Approximately 10 players from each side pull ouit of City v Country every year anyway so those team lists don't mean much.

Also after sucessfully tipping the Tigers I proceeded to lose every single tip after that for a stunning 1/8.

edit: Has Ryan Hoffman retired from rep footy? Was surprised not to hear him in the Kangaroos side over the likes of Bird, Lewis, Papalii but if he's not in City v Country he mustn't be available. Unless they just plain forgot about him since he's at the Warriors (wouldn't surprise me).

He's been our best player by a country mile too.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Sutton, Walker missing from the side. Auva'a, Burgess, Te'o gone. Glenn Stewart unfamiliar. I think people had too many expectations. I'm sure we will still be in the finals and these early games don't really matter that much. Nice to win though.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Isaac Luke called a bunch of people "poofters" on instagram, has now bee fined $10000, and undergo an education programme about tolerance and equality. Good.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11440363

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Lance Hohaia, the St Helens half back, has retired from rugby league because of concussion. Hohaia was the player Ben Flower flattened in last season's grand final. Shame.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
I'm gonna miss Lance. He was never all that popular amongst the more vocal Saints fans (the same retards that thought Nathan Brown should be sacked because we beat Wakefield by 24 points instead of 40), but I always liked him. He was a good player for us.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Lance Hohaia was equal parts brilliant and frustrating at the Warriors, seemed to be at his best off the bench but we kept trying to fit him into the starting 13 where he didn't seem to belong.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

No idea why Ben Flower wasn't permanently banned from all Rugby League, that ground punch is still the worst thing I've ever seen in the modern game and considering the NRL that is saying a lot

Guess he'd just go to rugby union on a bigger salary anyway though

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Lance Hohaia was equal parts brilliant and frustrating at the Warriors, seemed to be at his best off the bench but we kept trying to fit him into the starting 13 where he didn't seem to belong.

He never really did the job at 6 or 7 for us after being hailed as the next Stacey Jones, but when he slid into fullback it was exactly what we needed at the time. He was also really useful when he played dummy half later in his career.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Suncorp looking a bit wet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
WANT MUDLARK.

• Locked thread