Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

It's just part of the game pig don't be mad

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Epsilon Plus posted:

I know there's an active third party in this game.

Considering two people were doused with gasoline id say , no poo poo.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

CapitalistPig posted:

Considering two people were doused with gasoline id say , no poo poo.

other than that, christ

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

uranus posted:

hes new and feeling under pressure

nope. I softclaimed in my post directly after peta's watcher claim that I was a cop, because I am a cop. I'm not just throwing poo poo at the wall.

Epsilon Plus posted:

If it makes you feel any better about BK's role claim, I also have a rather non-standard role - I'm not spoiling all of it, but I know there's an active third party in this game.

It's probably the arsonist(s) who is a 3P. I said as much earlier in d2. It would be stupid for the scum to have more than one NK role. This is what really cements my case on Peta - he is a scum and he is trying to find and erase the 3P but probably would've just NKed me and gone back to square one if I hadn't come after him.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

BottleKnight posted:

It's probably the arsonist(s) who is a 3P.

Sure. We'll go with that.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Assuming no lies other than the ones already admitted to, this means we have:

bulletproof cop
double dousing arsonist/two arsonists
a further active 3p role
bus driver (probably?)
dude with a funny hat.

What the hell happened to give us all amnesia, and why did it give people superpowers?

Also, BK, why would you claim BP and cop? Why not just claim cop, draw the NK, and laugh as it bounces harmlessly? That feels like trying too hard.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Mithross posted:

Assuming no lies other than the ones already admitted to, this means we have:

bulletproof cop
double dousing arsonist/two arsonists
a further active 3p role
bus driver (probably?)
dude with a funny hat.

What the hell happened to give us all amnesia, and why did it give people superpowers?

Also, BK, why would you claim BP and cop? Why not just claim cop, draw the NK, and laugh as it bounces harmlessly? That feels like trying too hard.

And yes, I consider funny hat to be the greatest power of them all.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:siren: NEW EVENT :siren:

Time to spice things up! A post restriction that everyone must follow:

Stop being dicks.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Seriously though. I've gotten a couple complaints about the attitudes in this game and that's not cool. Take it easy, guys.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Catching up.

Gilok posted:

OK, I'll do my best.

Nobody was paying any attention to you or asking you about your rocket launcher. So you posted "hey guys I lied about something and I want to call your attention to it! I sure am glad there are no mafia catch phrases about behavior towards liars! I'm doing something stupid but I'm totally not a jester and it's totally safe to lynch me!"

So I guess either your a jester, you're a dumb townie, or you're genius scum.

I'm not actually sure I have a point. I guess I'm not voting for you right now?

I dont see how you read Pig's posts today as him wanting to get lynched.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

BottleKnight posted:

just listing some possibilities, brainstorming a lot about what we know from roles. None of this is confirmed obviously.

-there is at least one arsonist, maybe 2, so there is probably at least one firefighter
-There was an investigator, which is a pretty big townie role, from someone who was able to give us NO info, which I take to mean that 1) there is also an SK or 2) this was a total shot in the dark for the scum. I don't know how the scum thing works with amnesia so maybe they didn't get a NK? who knows
-I think the items are a crapshoot. I really am curious about what roles are still hidden.

I dont see this post coming from a town mindset. When there is one kill in a 16 player game why would you assume a SK and scum without a NK? This reads like someone with extra knowledge of the game. Definitely scummy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

In light of all this discussion.

I want to know more about this post. Are you breadcrumbing something with the last sentence? Do you have any info other than you were bus driven?

And if the bus driver isn't coming forward, there is either no info or it's a scumdriver. It has to be that way- after all this gasoline, either someone knows something and is suppressing it (not town) or nothing happened.

Despite the number of people coming forward talking about their roles or items, I think your prompt here to get the busdriver to claim is bad. Especially the way you phrase it "hey busdriver, claim or i'll know you're scum".

I dont think busdrivers are a pro-town role, but fishing for role claims is scummy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

This post seems kinda scummy - the people who know a lot of other's alignments are generally scum - plus this discussion is about the only content we've got.

I dont see Peta making an alignment call there. In fact he calls Pig's behaviour a null tell (which is correct, Pig calls people idiots regardless of alignment).

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

HiipFire posted:

yeah ok whatever guys

What is the purpose of this post Hiip?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

It was 4AM and I was drunk.

I still don't like Gilok's posting. Most of it reads like content lurking to me. I also don't like that so many people haven't cast a vote yet. Like, I understand it's a weird day 2, but there is literally no reason not to be voting your suspicions.

Exact, I think you're making up a reason for your vote here, after you got questioned on it, rather than that reason being the driver for your vote.

Why are you only addressing your vote when you're called out for it? If you're really suspicious of Gilok as scum why aren't you making a better case of it? This just doesn't read like someone who thinks he's found scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

uranus posted:

okaky i had to drive to work and met has responded now SO

like people may have noticed there seem to be two of lots of things. two people arsoned, two people with items, two phases in the game (night and day) and it happens that there are two investigating roles. one is dead and one is me, a day cop.

i have investigated mcdonalds man and the result just came back, hes scum. ##vote mc

Given how many times you claim cop on D1 this seems pretty convincing.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

This is useless and asinine ##vote Uranus

But does it make him scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

ok so my vote on derp was more to see some reactions than anything.

If what he says is true then ##vote mc

if mc isnt scum thn kill derp tomorrow, its worth it because the game is still early.

Setting up a chain lynch.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

because thats the one you did first, im not sure I buy the triple thing.

because you DO have a tendency to lie early in the game as town OR scum.

Look at this post in context with CPig's vote. Derp lies as scum or town, but he believes part of derp's claim, but if the claim is wrong we should lynch derp tomorrow.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

lol this guy is a scum

I doubted you earlier, but you're right that is how I would expect a scum to react.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

Well, we have to prove uranus is lying. Are you saying we should not dunk 'pon a lying brigand?

No, we should dunk 'pon thinking someone is scum. Lynch all liars is a stupid rule.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

I have. I think at least one of you is lying, and that at least one of you is scum. However, if you are both scum, that makes our job super easy.

##vote MCED

Terrible. I dont see how you come to this conclusion.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

The votes are super spread out, wtf. Rereading what I was getting vibes from, Uranus definitely comes off worse.

##vote Uranus

Elaborate please Exact. Why does derp being "worse" make him scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

A lot of people have never seen uranus play previously, this is his standard milieu.

Unhelpful.

I've only read once through at the moment, so I don't have a viable target at this point, I'd probably just pick someone who was annoying me and vote them, but this is because I am lazy as gently caress.

At which point will you start actually playing the game you signed up for?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Red Sox fan? That's not gonna fly with me.

##vote peta

This is really terrible given there is content to start analysing, and how quiet you've been overall.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

The only thing I can think of now, since Peta is not lying about me visiting uranus is

1) uranus is lying about being doused

2) Peta is lying about being a watcher, and was tracking me

3) there is some real weird poo poo going on that I am not familiar enough with mafia to think of

I am not hedging though, Peta is still my vote and I am not going to change it.

Re point 1, does that mean you think uranus and Peta are scum together? Since why would he lie about being doused if he didn't know you'd visited him?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

My sister and I are going to be starting a all-night movie marathon soon since she works nights and has the night off, but in light of this, I will claim.

I am an NK-invulnerable cop. I visited uranus last night, and got back a town result. I don't know what to make of this, but if Peta and uranus are both telling the truth everything gets difficult.

I think Peta is a scum for all the reasons I have listed, and am going to keep to this conclusion for the time being.

The only other thing I can think of is a loving ninja arsonist or something, but that's stupid and I don't want to be seen stretching that hard in my first game.

I will say that if I were an arsonist and Peta was telling the truth, why would I admit I visited uranus? I would've just denied it. I know it's wifom but if I was only trying to frame Peta, I would've tried to discredit him in any way.

Anyways, I'm gonna go watch some Tarantino movies or something. Not sure what she wants to watch. See you guys later if I'm still here!

Hmm. That would make a second investigative role. BK can you tell me what your item was?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok, to sum up, these are where my suspicions lie

Allen Wren: lowest number of posts in the game and not a single one of them expresses an opinion on the game or shows any sign of scum hunting.
Anonymous Narcotics: also low post count, little game participation, sitting on a joke vote despite all the content.
CPig: the two votes around derp's cop claim really stand out to me as scummy.

CapitalistPig posted:

ok so my vote on derp was more to see some reactions than anything.

If what he says is true then ##vote mc

if mc isnt scum thn kill derp tomorrow, its worth it because the game is still early.

CapitalistPig posted:

because thats the one you did first, im not sure I buy the triple thing.

because you DO have a tendency to lie early in the game as town OR scum.

He says that derp lies as scum or town, yet he wants to lynch MCED because he believes that part of the claim but not the triple cop part of the claim. Then, even though he believes that part of the claim, he tries to set up a chain lynch when it turns out that the player who he knows lies as town or scum is proven to be lying.

Hiipfire: posting pointless nonsense.

BK: looks like he's our arsonist. I'd like to hear back from him about his item, but he's a bad guy.

Would vote any of these guys today.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Ok bear with me, it's like 6 in the morning and I probably shouldn't even be awake yet let alone posting. Here are my thoughts on Bottle's game so far.

BottleKnight posted:

I have never played a game of Mafia on SA before, but I would be very interested in doing so. If this gets going sign me up!

First time player, or first time playing on SA? He talks a lot like he has experience, but keeps posting little "lol I'm new" bits.

BottleKnight posted:

Don't like this one. 1) It's very concerned with appearances, like someone who doesn't want to share their item, 2) telling people not to claim on what is effectively day one is a really obvious, low content post, no matter if our investigator just died or not, and 3) concern for the town is almost always scummy. People who want to help without scum hunting are Almost Always Bad.

I'm not going to post my item btw, I agree with what he said just think the post is scummy.

This is pretty lovely here. There wasn't any scumhunting to do yet since almost nobody had posted anything. Uranus posts "don't share your item" and BK calls it scummy, then agrees with it. Most importantly see the end of this post.

BottleKnight posted:

just listing some possibilities, brainstorming a lot about what we know from roles. None of this is confirmed obviously.

-there is at least one arsonist, maybe 2, so there is probably at least one firefighter
-There was an investigator, which is a pretty big townie role, from someone who was able to give us NO info, which I take to mean that 1) there is also an SK or 2) this was a total shot in the dark for the scum. I don't know how the scum thing works with amnesia so maybe they didn't get a NK? who knows
-I think the items are a crapshoot. I really am curious about what roles are still hidden.

Are you implying that an SK would have some sort of insight into who was an investigator? I'm pretty sure we only have an arsonist (or two) and not an SK, and that scum got their night kill. I'm not sure why you would think otherwise.

BottleKnight posted:

Yes. Since I don't know how the scum work with the amnesia stuff and I assume the arsonist(s) are 3P, I think it could be very possible we just have a lot of 3P. I don't know how likely it is, but I'm not ruling it out. If we start having just a ton of deaths, that would be really really bad.

Look at how meaningless this is. If there's a 3p, we have a lot of 3p, and deaths are bad.

Now we come to his case on Peta.

BottleKnight posted:

I'm going to sum up everything I find suspicious about Peta.

First, he led the nolynch, which even in this weird game is a scum move. It's pretty much always better to lynch if you're town. So if you have an item that makes you think you're not town, you probably want to see what your role is pretty bad.

This next post is the one I find really scummy:

Someone said they had a joke item, but Peta talks like someone who wants to see what team he's on so he can not work against himself, which wouldn't matter if he Thought He Was Town.
His entire case seems to be "Peta wanted to know his role on day 1" and wanted a no lynch that BK himself hammered. Well duh we all wanted to know our role, and getting voted out day 1 without even knowing your alignment would've been lovely. No lynch was the right move and we're mostly all in agreement about that, which is why it won the vote. I don't think anyone said they had a "joke item" either unless I'm mistaken.

BottleKnight posted:

This is a stupid post. He makes like 4 posts in a row here that seem like breadcrumbing, because now Peta is like single-post making GBS threads all over people, but back then he was very chatty and weird and not making jokes. Very scum.

Then he votes me without explaining, and later says it's a town move to troll for reactions, but his post quotes cpig and makes it seem like there's a reason he's voting me. I'd like to hear it.

Then he, with very short posts, first quotes uranus's daycop lie with "Fail," as if he knows uranus is lying, and then very quickly comes up with the "oh you couldn't possibly believe you went 3/3, you could be an INSANE COP!!!!" which seems like an afterthought way to imply he doesn't have the information he does. Also he implies that uranus is an insane cop when he would more than likely be a paranoid cop.

Actually, let's talk about that.

Why would you assume insane cop instead of paranoid cop on 3 scum results? What's more likely, that peta thought anus was a lovely cop who thinks all is scum or that he somehow hit three town?

This is basically a soft admission that he thinks it's likely that three different people are town, which is easy to hedge behind "oh derp was lying" but it's a scumslip.

The only interesting reactions to uranus's lie is Peta's. He should've stuck with an "I know uranus is lying" stance instead of going for the poo poo he went for.

This entire logic chain falls apart if Peta was breadcrumbing him. And of course he knows uranus is lying because lol of course uranus was lying about being a 3 shot daycop. The insane cop post Peta made seems sort of jokey, and doesn't mean much in light of it being totally obvious that uranus was making poo poo up. Frankly I feel like the whole case is retaliatory and reactionary to Peta being kind of a lovely poster in general. Which is terrible, but isn't scummy.

BottleKnight posted:

I voted nolynch too, I'm not saying it was the worst move for a room of people who didn't know what the gently caress they were. I'm just saying that the only reason I voted that way really is because there was no content, and the reason there was no content is because of Peta.

You can't blame day 1 no content on Peta or any one person.

BottleKnight posted:

My sister and I are going to be starting a all-night movie marathon soon since she works nights and has the night off, but in light of this, I will claim.

I am an NK-invulnerable cop. I visited uranus last night, and got back a town result. I don't know what to make of this, but if Peta and uranus are both telling the truth everything gets difficult.

I think Peta is a scum for all the reasons I have listed, and am going to keep to this conclusion for the time being.

The only other thing I can think of is a loving ninja arsonist or something, but that's stupid and I don't want to be seen stretching that hard in my first game.

I will say that if I were an arsonist and Peta was telling the truth, why would I admit I visited uranus? I would've just denied it. I know it's wifom but if I was only trying to frame Peta, I would've tried to discredit him in any way.

Anyways, I'm gonna go watch some Tarantino movies or something. Not sure what she wants to watch. See you guys later if I'm still here!

This sounds like a fake claim. Unless Peta is some sort of lovely watcher who only sees one visitor per person, he should have seen two people visit uranus if this were true. That's aside from NK invulnerable cop being kind of a nutso role.

Also his first day 2 post was calling out a uranus post as scummy, despite getting a town result. I can't find any breadcrumbing there so yeah I think BK is lying about his role.

##vote BottleKnight

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Met posted:

:siren: NEW EVENT :siren:

Time to spice things up! A post restriction that everyone must follow:

Stop being dicks.

I also appreciate this. I wasn't one of the complainers but I was half considering just dropping this game. I'm trying to have fun in here, not watch everyone poo poo on each other for days.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Man, I got supremely unlucky with that peta track. Dang you peta! I wasn't even going to do anything during n2 so as to avoid suspicion.

Alas, I am the arsonist. I am a 3P. I did a good amount of honest scumhunting, and I really have no motivation to reveal too much about my role, but I just wanted to say it before I get lunched.

I would like to apologize to Gilok for my lovely post earlier. I posted it because I was nervous and trying to fake confidence, but I was really lovely to you in the one time I interacted with you and on a reread I had a lot of regrets about that post, as a person, not just in the game. I really am sorry man.

And yeah, this really is my first game of mafia, anywhere. I was lurking/reading mafia threads for 3-4 days straight since I haven't had much to do, and I consulted the wiki a lot during this game.

So yeah, sorry for being lovely, I wasn't a mason or anything with anyone, and I doused uranus n1. I assume I will not last long but maybe I trolled some helpful reactions for either team!

I hope we can still be friends, everyone in this game. :D

##vote bottleknight

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

and no, I did not douse pig. I did nothing to pig. Don't know about that one.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote BK

Better luck next game.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

Man, I got supremely unlucky with that peta track. Dang you peta! I wasn't even going to do anything during n2 so as to avoid suspicion.

Alas, I am the arsonist. I am a 3P. I did a good amount of honest scumhunting, and I really have no motivation to reveal too much about my role, but I just wanted to say it before I get lunched.

I would like to apologize to Gilok for my lovely post earlier. I posted it because I was nervous and trying to fake confidence, but I was really lovely to you in the one time I interacted with you and on a reread I had a lot of regrets about that post, as a person, not just in the game. I really am sorry man.

And yeah, this really is my first game of mafia, anywhere. I was lurking/reading mafia threads for 3-4 days straight since I haven't had much to do, and I consulted the wiki a lot during this game.

So yeah, sorry for being lovely, I wasn't a mason or anything with anyone, and I doused uranus n1. I assume I will not last long but maybe I trolled some helpful reactions for either team!

##vote bottleknight

It's cool bro, your post wasn't even that harsh compared to some people in this thread. I may just be getting to thin-skinned for SA these days. Lotta negativity on here lately.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What is the purpose of this post Hiip?

It's to convey my utter confusion on what happened the page preceding that post.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ohh okay

##vote BK

inb4 jester lmao

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BottleKnight posted:

##vote bottleknight

yo you are a cool dude and I will play mafia with you any time

##vote bottleknight

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:redhammer:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hi I'm replacing into this game! But I don't know who I'm replacing but hi anyway, anyway bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Met posted:

Seriously though. I've gotten a couple complaints about the attitudes in this game and that's not cool. Take it easy, guys.

If people are going to have such thin skins about mafia on a forum where you have to have a notoriously thick skin then they are in the wrong place.

I have called people idiots since the dawn of mt mafia career and thats not going to change.

• Locked thread