Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Starhawk64 posted:

I gotta ask: Why does almost every goon I meet online dress like a clown?

Because so wacky and random lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The people who dress their guy up like their hitman fursona are worse.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Starhawk64 posted:

I gotta ask: Why does almost every goon I meet online dress like a clown?

If they could make it look like their character poo poo their pants, they would.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The people who dress their guy up like their hitman fursona are worse.

Excuse me, it's totally a Hotline Miami reference actually.

0haiThere
Feb 18, 2015

Looks like you're in the barrel today.
I'm disappointed I can't wear the Princess Robot Bubblegum leggings on my male character.
:colbert: C'mon Rockstar.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I think I'm gonna Bosozoku up my cars when I get off work tonight. I'm real suprised R* even included shotokan pipes as an exhaust option for some cars. Clown cars best cars honestly.

And I'll join the Goon Clown Cosplayer brigade.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 13, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Starhawk64 posted:

I think I'm gonna Bosozoku up my cars when I get off work tonight. I'm real suprised R* even included shotokan pipes as an exhaust option for some cars. Clown cars best cars honestly.

And I'll join the Goon Clown Cosplayer brigade.

One of the car artists is a Japanese car culture nerd for sure.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

I can't explain how much a simple goddamn sitting pose/command would add to this game.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Reo posted:

I can't explain how much a simple goddamn sitting pose/command would add to this game.

I'm glad they included a nose picking option.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

geeves posted:

I'll run it with you.

OK bros, I'm going to start the invite chain for Pac Standard. Hop on Mumble to collab.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

socialsecurity posted:

Correct one way bullet proof glass is an awesome invention and should be used more often.

It's not bulletproof, lovely aim man.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's not bulletproof, lovely aim man.

Oh sorry, bulletproof except for the 4 inch wide metal gap (that most likely only exists because whoever modeled the car forgot about it) inbetween the bulletproof windows. Yes, why doesn't everyone shoot through that tiny hole on the very fast car, hmm.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dear Rockstar, please make me like this all the time

Sincerely,

Braveheart

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Odobenidae posted:

Oh sorry, bulletproof except for the 4 inch wide metal gap (that most likely only exists because whoever modeled the car forgot about it) inbetween the bulletproof windows. Yes, why doesn't everyone shoot through that tiny hole on the very fast car, hmm.

Blow the loving car up you baby.

Is 8000 funbucks really a hardship on you?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
The hardship this game poses on people is incredible. You should see what hardship we're dealing with in the SP thread. No rewards for playing a game! Outrage and umbrage abounds

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Luna Was Here posted:

also so far the flight school missions are actually fun. it helps that the guy training you is funny to listen to

I'm sorry, but you're now the Thomas Friedman of computer game opinions.

On that note, I just managed to complete Low Flying with SILVER by following the advice someone posted to feather the air brake. It was a zen moment. Of course, it was followed immediately by Collect Flags and gently caress that poo poo. :suicide:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

Blow the loving car up you baby.

Is 8000 funbucks really a hardship on you?

Why are you upset.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

SplitSoul posted:

I'm sorry, but you're now the Thomas Friedman of computer game opinions.

On that note, I just managed to complete Low Flying with SILVER by following the advice someone posted to feather the air brake. It was a zen moment. Of course, it was followed immediately by Collect Flags and gently caress that poo poo. :suicide:

For flags I generally followed a circular pattern, ensuring to collect the ones along the rim, sorta spiralling towards the center of the city. The tough part is gathering all the flags on the same levels since the ones on the ground will have you dodging skyscrapers. Bronze is actually easy enough because you aren't timed, just gotta get them all. Eventually it will click if you are doing it enough times for that gold

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Why are you upset.

People are whining about possibly losing 1/3 of a 5 minute mission's payout to kill a dude. It's childish as gently caress.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

People are whining about possibly losing 1/3 of a 5 minute mission's payout to kill a dude. It's childish as gently caress.

You sound like the child.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

- Nintendo Kid

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
But uhh, Nintendo Kid is right though.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
One way bulletproof glass doesn't exist, moron. Also I don't think eating generic brand M&M's would heal near fatal injuries. I'm starting to think this isn't reality and I'm just playing a video game.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Shooting people through the windows is more fun than blowing a car up.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Karumas are kinda cheap for PvP but fun for missions hth :shrug:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Why are yall arguing with fishmech?

I dislike them because they make the game much less interesting but that is neither here nor there.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
It'd be cool if the kuruma was in single player. That is all I will add to this serious discussion of the kuruma's importance in GTA online, the thread.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sweet, my Kuruma got impounded, destroyed, and is now replaced by and exact copy of my Sultan (which I am terrified of selling in case that gets rid of the other one.)

Should I get a support ticket from Rockstar?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Funky Valentine posted:

Sweet, my Kuruma got impounded, destroyed, and is now replaced by and exact copy of my Sultan (which I am terrified of selling in case that gets rid of the other one.)

Should I get a support ticket from Rockstar?

Yes

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I eagerly await the day when we go more than 24 hours / one page without a discussion on why the Armored Kuruma is bad :allears:

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

T1g4h posted:

I eagerly await the day when we go more than 24 hours / one page without a discussion on why the Armored Kuruma is bad :allears:

it'll just shift to insurgent chat instead. The level of angst over a thing in free roam seems directly proportional to how good of a purchase it is, which makes me worry because I'm saving up for one of the new helicopters and nobody has poo poo their pants over it :ohdear:

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
I wish the recording feature was like in gta iv where you do something so :krad: that you need to press F12 or whatever and it saves a video of it.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Jonesy posted:

it'll just shift to insurgent chat instead. The level of angst over a thing in free roam seems directly proportional to how good of a purchase it is, which makes me worry because I'm saving up for one of the new helicopters and nobody has poo poo their pants over it :ohdear:

Speaking of heli's, I've saved up about 3 million, what's the best attack helicopter to buy? I was thinking the Savage, but the Valkyrie seems better if you can get some buddies on the turrets.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

is that not how it works on PC/Xbone? PS4's share button will save up to the previous 15 minutes from when you hit it. I just wish the video editor didn't suck poo poo

e:

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Speaking of heli's, I've saved up about 3 million, what's the best attack helicopter to buy? I was thinking the Savage, but the Valkyrie seems better if you can get some buddies on the turrets.

I'm still a ways from having enough funbux but if you don't have the buzzard already, that's probably the most versatile one. I've been wanting the missile platform savage, but I haven't been around anyone in LLJK who has the Valkyrie, so I might have to fill that void. I haven't seen anything about how resilient they are to Homing rockets though, because you're guaranteed to get hit by one of those in a free roam session.

e: lmao beaten as I edited it in god drat

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 13, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Buzzard. From what I hear the Savage is a big, fat, weakly armored pig, and the Valk owns but is really only useful with a full crew of 4.

Comedy option: Hydra, because in hover mode it's basically a helicopter :v:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Buzzard.

Unlike the Valk, you don't need buddies to use the weapons.

Unlike the Savage, your buddies have something to do while riding in it (but you can't exclaim "A HIND D?!?!!?" when you call it up.)

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

Unlike the Savage, your buddies have something to do while riding in it (but you can't exclaim "A HIND D?!?!!?" when you call it up.)

This is a rather crippling flaw, imo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jonesy posted:

is that not how it works on PC/Xbone? PS4's share button will save up to the previous 15 minutes from when you hit it. I just wish the video editor didn't suck poo poo

On the plus side, PS4 and Xbone are getting PC's video editor in the future so we have that to look forward to.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Jonesy posted:

Helicopters just can't be that irritating in freeroam because they're always one homing rocket away from dying or having to go into passive mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

No Mods No Masters posted:

Helicopters just can't be that irritating in freeroam because they're always one homing rocket away from dying or having to go into passive mode.

So are Kurumas bro.

• Locked thread