Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It'd be a lot easier to learn when to watch if Disney channels they weren't chock full of crap before I can get to the Wander Over Yonders or Gravity Falls. At least with GO, I'll probably see it at most hours of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

The Etrigan one is kind of amazing.

As is R'as Al Ghul signing himself off with a little flower, and Superboy doing that angular "S" thing all children inexplicably doodle at some point in their lives.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Crabtree posted:

It'd be a lot easier to learn when to watch if Disney channels they weren't chock full of crap before I can get to the Wander Over Yonders or Gravity Falls. At least with GO, I'll probably see it at most hours of the day.
Is Gravity Falls ever even on Disney anymore? I thought it moved over to Disney XD, sort of like how you can only ever see Avatar on Nicktoons because these networks don't want their most popular shows being available to people who only have basic cable I guess.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Irisi posted:

The Etrigan one is kind of amazing.

As is R'as Al Ghul signing himself off with a little flower, and Superboy doing that angular "S" thing all children inexplicably doodle at some point in their lives.

Why does everyone do that? I feel like a study needs to be done.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

readingatwork posted:

Can we please make this the new thread title?

I would have updated it a long time ago but I don't know how :downs:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

horriblePencilist posted:

I would have updated it a long time ago but I don't know how :downs:

PM/email a mod (I think Deadpool runs TVIV these days)

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Great, now I bought Platinum for nothing :v:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

horriblePencilist posted:

Great, now I bought Platinum for nothing :v:

Sorry, I PMed Deadpool :kiddo:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Huzzah! New thread title! :toot:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
People getting mad that Teen Titans Go isn't like the original series never fails to make me laugh.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Have new Teen Titans Go! episodes moved to another day or are we just into reruns for a little while?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

johntfs posted:

Have new Teen Titans Go! episodes moved to another day or are we just into reruns for a little while?

It was a rerun. You can tell this show is popular because when they advertised all the new Thursday episodes of shows they still mentioned TTG even though it was a rerun.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

axleblaze posted:

It was a rerun. You can tell this show is popular because when they advertised all the new Thursday episodes of shows they still mentioned TTG even though it was a rerun.

TTG has really made an impressions on DC comics in general.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

thelaughingman posted:

TTG has really made an impressions on DC comics in general.

Oh man, I haven't shown you all the variant covers yet.

Hope that's all of them!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat, how can people be so mad at TTG when actual DC comic stuff is so lovely these days? Just looking at those covers makes me wish they matched the content within

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Wasn't there like some webcomic that perfectly touched on how all the fans of Starfire from Teen Titans (early 2000s and now GO!) would probably be immediately repulsed if they saw the current comic version of Starfire? Because it's just amazing how DC is so focused in this "WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE DARK AGE OF COMICS" suicide slide that even the films are echoing this poo poo, yet the cartoons are breaths of fresh air that all of DCU would benefit from inhaling and chilling the gently caress out from.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

axleblaze posted:

God drat, how can people be so mad at TTG when actual DC comic stuff is so lovely these days? Just looking at those covers makes me wish they matched the content within

I wanna know how mad people are at these covers.

I hope one person has called them worse than the Batgirl cover "because at least that was referencing something GOOD :reject:"

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Crabtree posted:

Wasn't there like some webcomic that perfectly touched on how all the fans of Starfire from Teen Titans (early 2000s and now GO!) would probably be immediately repulsed if they saw the current comic version of Starfire? Because it's just amazing how DC is so focused in this "WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE DARK AGE OF COMICS" suicide slide that even the films are echoing this poo poo, yet the cartoons are breaths of fresh air that all of DCU would benefit from inhaling and chilling the gently caress out from.

I think you mean this one.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Waffleman_ posted:

I wanna know how mad people are at these covers.

I hope one person has called them worse than the Batgirl cover "because at least that was referencing something GOOD :reject:"

My favorite one was the guy who claimed that no one will buy the variants, thus making DC cancel TTG.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Right, the top-rated show on Cartoon Network's gonna get cancelled over variant covers.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

axleblaze posted:

I unironically want this to happen. Mainstream superhero comics are WAY too grimdark these days.

Also:

I have no idea who any of these characters are but they look neat. Anyone know who they are off the top of their head so I can check them out?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

readingatwork posted:

I unironically want this to happen. Mainstream superhero comics are WAY too grimdark these days.

Also:

I have no idea who any of these characters are but they look neat. Anyone know who they are off the top of their head so I can check them out?
I recognize Catwoman in the top one

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

readingatwork posted:

Also:

Just from the set you're quoting?

Those are:

• First comic: Catwoman, and behind her is some large tiger guy who I don't think is an actual established character. He's probably there for a gag.
  • Second comic is Gotham By Midnight: The kid on right is a kiddified version of lead character Jim Corrigan, a.k.a the Spectre. It's about a special branch of the Gotham City PD who do paranormal investigations.
  • Third comic is Grayson: The kid tangled up in ropes is original Robin Dick Grayson. Due to complicated comic junk, Dick faked his death and is infiltrating a villainous spy organization. That's why he's tangled up in spy gear and not in a costume.
  • Fourth comic is Gotham Academy: The two girls who aren't Raven are lead characters Olive Silverlock and pal Maps Mizoguchi. It's about a boarding school in Gotham City with a ~mysterious~ past.
  • Fifth is the current incarnation of Teen Titans: From top left going clockwise, the lineup is Raven (ha what an outfit right), Robin (Tim Drake, goes by "Red Robin", is yet to get sued by burger chain for copyright infringement), new member Bunker (whose power is wielding psychic bricks to make walls or boxing gloves or whatever the gently caress), Beast Boy (is yet to get into chocolate), and new member Power Girl (super strength, invulnerability)
  • Finally is Secret Six: The guy on the front is Catman who I really don't know much about because he's shown up like, twice(?) since DC rebooted and his characterization's a little shaky. Anyway, if the book's how it used to be, it's about supervillains forming their own little mercenary squad and taking on jobs for cash, but like I said, really hasn't been much published of it since 2011-ish so who knows what this version'll be like?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

Just from the set you're quoting?

Those are:

• First comic: Catwoman, and behind her is some large tiger guy who I don't think is an actual established character. He's probably there for a gag.
  • Second comic is Gotham By Midnight: The kid on right is a kiddified version of lead character Jim Corrigan, a.k.a the Spectre. It's about a special branch of the Gotham City PD who do paranormal investigations.
  • Third comic is Grayson: The kid tangled up in ropes is original Robin Dick Grayson. Due to complicated comic junk, Dick faked his death and is infiltrating a villainous spy organization. That's why he's tangled up in spy gear and not in a costume.
  • Fourth comic is Gotham Academy: The two girls who aren't Raven are lead characters Olive Silverlock and pal Maps Mizoguchi. It's about a boarding school in Gotham City with a ~mysterious~ past.
  • Fifth is the current incarnation of Teen Titans: From top left going clockwise, the lineup is Raven (ha what an outfit right), Robin (Tim Drake, goes by "Red Robin", is yet to get sued by burger chain for copyright infringement), new member Bunker (whose power is wielding psychic bricks to make walls or boxing gloves or whatever the gently caress), Beast Boy (is yet to get into chocolate), and new member Power Girl (super strength, invulnerability)
  • Finally is Secret Six: The guy on the front is Catman who I really don't know much about because he's shown up like, twice(?) since DC rebooted and his characterization's a little shaky. Anyway, if the book's how it used to be, it's about supervillains forming their own little mercenary squad and taking on jobs for cash, but like I said, really hasn't been much published of it since 2011-ish so who knows what this version'll be like?

Thank you! I'll have to check some of these out. It's too bad that the samurai tiger isn't a thing. That would be an awesome supervillain.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Worth mentioning that next week is a Titan bomb or whatever they're calling it so they'll be a new episode every night at 6pm est.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Friday is the 100th episode and to celebrate, they're showing every episode in a row.

You know, because it wasn't getting enough airtime before.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
drat that Robin, ruining a perfect bromance

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, that new-52 version of Starfire was a particularly bad choice by D.C., just a whole different take on the character that was clearly focused exclusively on garnering attention from male readers.

Also, while Teen Titans go is fun it really makes me miss the original Titans cartoon. I suppose I should be thankful that we got that first, and I guess the door's open for them to at least do a special feature episode in the style of the original series. Maybe do a parallel dimension crossover or team-up episode, it'd be worth it just for Robin to see a version of himself that's actually dating Starfire.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

NowonSA posted:

Yeah, that new-52 version of Starfire was a particularly bad choice by D.C., just a whole different take on the character that was clearly focused exclusively on garnering attention from male readers.

Also, while Teen Titans go is fun it really makes me miss the original Titans cartoon. I suppose I should be thankful that we got that first, and I guess the door's open for them to at least do a special feature episode in the style of the original series. Maybe do a parallel dimension crossover or team-up episode, it'd be worth it just for Robin to see a version of himself that's actually dating Starfire.

He already had the dream with that crazy ghost.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Rudoku posted:

He already had the dream with that crazy ghost.

Which included him making out with Starfire and awesomely saving the world single-handed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, that's definitely how Trouble in Tokyo ended.

I'd say I want Larry to appear in TTG, but every episode of TTG is kind of a Larry episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Starfire marrying the veggie chili sure was hilarious.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Robin's dream being an overdubbing of the original TT is honestly one of the best things ever aired on CN

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think this episode was technically beat by beat the same as the Robin and Starfire wedding arc in the original (or new?) Teen Titan comics back in the eighties. Just missing The Chili having sex with Barbara before inviting her and Batman not being his bestman due to Bane breaking him.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm starting to think that Teen Titans Go takes place in an alternate universe where the Robin who led the TItans is Jason Todd. Also super glad to have this show back, it's great to have a comic book show that doesn't take itself too seriously now and again,

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Glad to see the scratching post was at the wedding. Didn't recognize that purple cat thing though.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

frank.club posted:

Robin's dream being an overdubbing of the original TT is honestly one of the best things ever aired on CN

Did this happen? If so, what episode? I only catch episodes here and there.

Edit: Ah, just caught it. I somehow caught this one literally right after Robin's dream last time I saw it, but missed him dreaming. Good stuff!

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 2, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ManlyGrunting posted:

I'm starting to think that Teen Titans Go takes place in an alternate universe where the Robin who led the TItans is Jason Todd. Also super glad to have this show back, it's great to have a comic book show that doesn't take itself too seriously now and again,

Whatever universe TTG takes place in, Jason Todd is dead in it.

Of course, I guess that means little since the entire team dies every other episode.
Also, future Robin is Nightwing, but again, continuity means nothing in this show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nah, he's Dick, because in the episode with the couch spirit teaching him to to relax, there's a flashback of his childhood at the circus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

Whatever universe TTG takes place in, Jason Todd is dead in it.

Of course, I guess that means little since the entire team dies every other episode.
Also, future Robin is Nightwing, but again, continuity means nothing in this show.

I want to say that in the episode they're hanging out in the Batcave Batman has Jason's ashes in a case.

• Locked thread