Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Wow.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Those On My Left (7): Mithranderp, Matthew Beet, Asphyxious, white mans burping, Tirade, Bifauxnen, thatbastardken
Kleedrac (2): Tirade, MaliciousOnion, Tirade, Bifauxnen, Mithranderp, Asphyxious, thatbastardken, Asphyxious, white mans burping, white mans burping, white mans burping, Mithranderp, white mans burping, Zetsubou-san, Bifauxnen, thatbastardken
white mans burping (1): Those On My Left
Bifauxnen (1): Kommando, Tirade, Tirade, Asphyxious, Asphyxious
MaliciousOnion (1): Kleedrac
Asphyxious (1): Tirade, Gough Suppressant, Kommando, thatbastardken, Kommando, thatbastardken, Tirade, white mans burping, white mans burping
Tirade (0): Kleedrac, Asphyxious, Kleedrac, white mans burping, Zetsubou-san, thatbastardken, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, thatbastardken, white mans burping, Zetsubou-san

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I know this looks bad for me again but honestly that's pretty funny.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Oh hey, you managed to seamlessly organise a ten minutes to midnight vote on someone for not much at all. Almost as if there was an organised presence pushing for it.

Gaspy is scum, kleedrac is either scum or scum are setting them up for a tomorrow lynch by implicating him as important enough to swing the vote that hard.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the doc WITH a resurrection chamber. holy gently caress.

okay now we can have a leisurely chat. soag are you really feeling gaspy or is this just a spare of the minute thing? he's pinging me, but he pings me every game and my confidence post toml flip is somewhat shattered.

like i've never seen him round on someone like he did you, you're right, and his reasoning to me was that he knows he's town therefore knows you're wrong. That disregards that you might be town and not know his alignment and that we don't know his alignment so that argument doesn't work for me.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gough Suppressant posted:

Oh hey, you managed to seamlessly organise a ten minutes to midnight vote on someone for not much at all. Almost as if there was an organised presence pushing for it.

Gaspy is scum, kleedrac is either scum or scum are setting them up for a tomorrow lynch by implicating him as important enough to swing the vote that hard.

I'm sorry are you implying I organised that?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you've been singularly on gaspy all day though.

not feeling kleedrac either i thought he was sort of helpful today. now i've got time im gonna go read his posts.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

the doc WITH a resurrection chamber. holy gently caress.

okay now we can have a leisurely chat. soag are you really feeling gaspy or is this just a spare of the minute thing? he's pinging me, but he pings me every game and my confidence post toml flip is somewhat shattered.

like i've never seen him round on someone like he did you, you're right, and his reasoning to me was that he knows he's town therefore knows you're wrong. That disregards that you might be town and not know his alignment and that we don't know his alignment so that argument doesn't work for me.

I don't know soags scum, I just thought his approach was a bit off.

I dunno. I'd probably still vote for him though.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

I'm sorry are you implying I organised that?

Not alone, obviously. That's the point.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

I feel a bit dumb for coming in again in support of kleedrac (even more so after going back and reviewing his post history and not finding much to write home about), but 6 of the 7 votes that sunk TOML were sitting on kleedrac at some point beforehand.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I still think this nightchat stuff feels fuckin weird, but now that we actually have stuff to talk about, it might be nice.

Gaspy is your brain seriously wired that backwards from mine when it comes to tactical decisions like night actions, or do you just do that on purpose to rile me up for a better read?

I promise I gave up the spreadsheet!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I dunno. I think what you're doing is sticking your neck out way too far if you're scum so you're probably not, but your focus on me is a bit vexing.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I still think this nightchat stuff feels fuckin weird, but now that we actually have stuff to talk about, it might be nice.

Gaspy is your brain seriously wired that backwards from mine when it comes to tactical decisions like night actions, or do you just do that on purpose to rile me up for a better read?

I promise I gave up the spreadsheet!

Not riling you up, I think you're being duplicitous.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

What the gently caress just happened? You were all on Kleedrac and then bum-rushed TOML on what?

Seriously what?

Matthew Beet posted:

Not sure. Gaspy sounds wrong but so does toml and out of the two TOML's my stronger feel but no one is interested in him.

Mithranderp posted:

I'm interested

Asphyxious posted:

I wouldn't say no to a TOML vote honestly.

Tirade posted:

I think TOML deserves to get fed to the mindworms for no other reason than pissing off during this posting frenzy. But I doubt we could get anything started on him at this stage.

Asphyxious posted:

TOML opted to watch game of thrones instead of participate. I'd almost lynch on principle.

Mithranderp posted:

##vote Those On My Left

his WMB vote put me over the line tbh, and his wishy washy "IDK" posting in general

And then theres just this rambling avalanche onto TOML.

Beet. Phyx, Mith, Tirade. Soag was behind a Kleedrac vote and then shifted rapidly.

a bit of talking, then bif jumps on for lack of a better direction and tbk drops the bomb.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hindsight is 20/20 and your posting with the full knowledge toml is town, which you didn't have before.

You mentioned Gaspy and Kleedrac as most scummy. Most of the votes were on Kleedrac prior, is this why you're saying he's scum? This was a desperate save of him?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

What the gently caress just happened? You were all on Kleedrac and then bum-rushed TOML on what?

Seriously what?

And then theres just this rambling avalanche onto TOML.

Beet. Phyx, Mith, Tirade. Soag was behind a Kleedrac vote and then shifted rapidly.

a bit of talking, then bif jumps on for lack of a better direction and tbk drops the bomb.

Correction! I said I was never keen on Kleedrac, at least one time, maybe twice. Maybe earlier on today as well I can't remember. I said I'd only switch back on the absolute risk of a no lynch.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I saw TOML sitting one away from hammer and didn't want to miss out on the lynch.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Not riling you up, I think you're being duplicitous.

okay, it just always seems weird to me that when I've got a clever plan that relies more on something solid like tactical game mechanics (as opposed to making vague personal "reads") you often end up disagreeing with it for some reason. Like when I would've wanted to lynch Birb the (fake) hunter in the werewolf game! I was even worried for a while that I could get pulled up for NOT arguing that logical conclusion if anyone else had thought of it.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Personal Log posted:

Night 2 on Planet

This whole colony mission seems to be cursed, now. Our ship broke up and we killed an innocent in an attempt to discover those responsible.

On top of that, a member of the Probe Squad we sent last night was found dead this morning.

The only leads we have are the transmission logs from yesterday's conference over Datalink, which were released by security at the request of the faction leaders.

Again, we met in conference to debate and discuss.

Again, we decided we had found a likely culprit, and again, a security team was given the kill order.

Again, we were in error.

We sent men to kill UN Commissioner Pravin Lal, Unity's Chief Medical Officer. The surviving members of the Probe Team swept for incriminating evidence, but found none.

My fears are growing. It has become clear that certain high-ranking members of Unity's operations crew have their own personal agenda and are not above resorting to murder to achieve them. Did they have a hand in the Unity Incident or do they see that tragedy as merely an opportunity to be exploited?

Another datalink conference has been scheduled for tomorrow. We shall go over what we know.

Again.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

okay, it just always seems weird to me that when I've got a clever plan that relies more on something solid like tactical game mechanics (as opposed to making vague personal "reads") you often end up disagreeing with it for some reason. Like when I would've wanted to lynch Birb the (fake) hunter in the werewolf game! I was even worried for a while that I could get pulled up for NOT arguing that logical conclusion if anyone else had thought of it.

I have a very poor handle on tactical game mechanics so if you're doing some clever mafia thing likely as not it looks like gobbledygook from my end.

Also I still think you're scum.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
One of the things about being open at night is that Kleedrac might have more opportunity to answer your questions.

As would our other overseas friends had Auspol not :fuckoff: them first day :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Also I still think you're scum.

That's cool, I just tend to go into OMGUS mode when people think I'm scummy for what I think are THE WRONG REASONS :argh:

...but experience seems to have proven this very counter-productive as an actual scumhunting method.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

One of the things about being open at night is that Kleedrac might have more opportunity to answer your questions.

As would our other overseas friends had Auspol not :fuckoff: them first day :v:

auspol has traditionally, well early days, anyhow, always killed off foreigners. we got better later on with cumburgs and bees but.. yeah.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Zetsubou-san, please don't stop your fluff. I know it doesn't add to the game tactically but I enjoy reading it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MaliciousOnion posted:

Even now I'm still not convinced. I wasn't aware my gift could be kept until later - I thought it was a same-night thing.

Oh yeah, I didn't have time to explain this before - that's the standard way invention items work in Mafia. Trying to coordinate it on the same night would be rather tricky. Before I could even get your item, you'd have to succeed in your night action first. So Birb would have to wait and make sure no one blocked you. Night actions tend to get resolved all together only once everyone's finally submitted. What if a roleblocker waited till real late to submit their action so I only had like 15 minutes to even get the item before the next day started, let alone reply back?

also, my using it is subject to being acted on or interfered with just like any other action. What if I'd already done a different action? Would I be allowed to do both? If I did both, would a tracker see both or a blocker block both? It's kind of a mess. In any case, I didn't get the present till this morning.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i breadcrumbed that all the way through day one you loving morons, good work

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

just staggeringly loving stupid

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i mean, my god

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

i breadcrumbed that all the way through day one you loving morons, good work

Feels weird talking to the dead but I just looked at your posts and I still can't see it. Is the time travel thing another SMAC reference?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Those On My Left posted:

i don't like first days, i am not patient

i want things to happen

Those On My Left posted:

nice. i hope i can make the next one. missing a burger appointment, a shameful toml

that's what I found, with hindsight.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

Feels weird talking to the dead but I just looked at your posts and I still can't see it. Is the time travel thing another SMAC reference?

yes, I'm sure a post mentioning a delorean and the future is a reference to something in a game set in the future. :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

that's what I found, with hindsight.

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

yes, I'm sure a post mentioning a delorean and the future is a reference to something in a game set in the future. :v:

No! No I get it!

DOC Brown!!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

No! No I get it!

DOC Brown!!

oh, good call. I take back my :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Yes this would all have been super great to spot earlier. Go me. Fuckin idiot.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
y'all breadcrumbs need to be a little more bready and a lot less crummy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

he said PATIENT and he said APPOINTMENT.

I called bif's breadcrumbs weak but omg.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh yeah DOC brown.. that's terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
It's a shame Kleedrac wasn't around for the last hour or so. Would have been interesting to see what their position was.

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh yeah, I didn't have time to explain this before - that's the standard way invention items work in Mafia. Trying to coordinate it on the same night would be rather tricky. Before I could even get your item, you'd have to succeed in your night action first. So Birb would have to wait and make sure no one blocked you. Night actions tend to get resolved all together only once everyone's finally submitted. What if a roleblocker waited till real late to submit their action so I only had like 15 minutes to even get the item before the next day started, let alone reply back?

also, my using it is subject to being acted on or interfered with just like any other action. What if I'd already done a different action? Would I be allowed to do both? If I did both, would a tracker see both or a blocker block both? It's kind of a mess. In any case, I didn't get the present till this morning.

Cool, thanks for this. In hindsight, it seems pretty obvious why it would be for later use.

• Locked thread