Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

I am not scum, in fact I am a town bus driver

Night 1 night I switched WMB with Razor
Night 2 I switched TBK with Bifauxnen

I thought TOML was scum because WMB was someone's intended target on night one, and WMB mentioned that TOML hates him, and then his random WMB vote yesterday kinda sealed him as anti-town for me.

IDK if there's any significance to TBK being targeted (maybe it was a vig or sk action, or maybe bif targeted TBK with her doodad)

In hindsight, Gough's certainty when it comes to Asphyxious makes me think that he got a scum result in an investigation

If what you say is true :

On one hand I want to congratulate you for getting Bif, on the other hand I am suspicious of you coming out and claiming today when you've arguably been somewhat effective (bif) and could have served town better remaining hidden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Forgot to
##vote Asphyxious
for pretty much the same reasons Kommando listed.

I'm not so sure about Kleedrac, although the time difference does make things difficult. I'm also now suspicious of Tirade, who, despite having a bit of an argument with Gaspy early yesterday, has otherwise been following a similar pattern. And the argument could have been done for the sake of image.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Kommando posted:

Mithranderp, Thatbastardken and Asphyxious I level the accusation against you that you are scum.

Asphyxious, Gough Suppressant was certain on your guilt, unambiguously calling you scum. You deliberately work against the town and excuse your efforts as a personal protection measure that is supposed to trick the mafia into revealing themselves but just confuses the vote. you rolled on TOML eagerly without basis.

I dont feel you have much of a case for your innocence.

##vote Asphyxious

Yeah I dunno what to tell you, I'm not scum. I'm a town gunsmith who's been blocked BOTH nights. First night Beet, got back unsuccessful, second night WMB, unsuccessful.

But yeah honestly I've been fingered by a cop so it'd be more weird not to lynch me.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I will offer that if I was scum I'd have worked out Gough was a cop instead of just being an rear end in a top hat and what I certainly wouldn't have done is spend most of last night saying how I thought the scum godfather was being scummy. Like I'm not a team player but I wouldn't deliberately gently caress over my scum team on the way out.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Matthew Beet posted:

If what you say is true :

On one hand I want to congratulate you for getting Bif, on the other hand I am suspicious of you coming out and claiming today when you've arguably been somewhat effective (bif) and could have served town better remaining hidden.

If it was a different game I wouldn't have role claimed, but for this game, tbh I'm not too worried.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah I dunno what to tell you, I'm not scum. I'm a town gunsmith who's been blocked BOTH nights. First night Beet, got back unsuccessful, second night WMB, unsuccessful.

But yeah honestly I've been fingered by a cop so it'd be more weird not to lynch me.

What does a gunsmith do?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Tirade posted:

What does a gunsmith do?

Honestly I'm not sure how it works in this game because as I said, I've been blocked both nights, but the idea is you target a player and find out whether they have the ability to night kill. "Do they have a gun: yes/no"

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

It's pretty useless. Like it'll tell you if someone is a scum OR serial killer OR vigilante but won't tell you which is the case. So say I targeted Beet and it came up "has a gun", it'd still be possible he was a vig, etc.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I am not a scum, although I'll grant my voting record isn't exactly stellar. I do hold up the Godfather's (flimsy) pressure against me as evidence of my innocence. I am only at 1/2 lynches to get my project going - the three that are active must belong to other people.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Honestly I'm not sure how it works in this game because as I said, I've been blocked both nights, but the idea is you target a player and find out whether they have the ability to night kill. "Do they have a gun: yes/no"

So how is it different to a cop? It would pick up on vigs and SKs as well? I think you're full of poo poo for what it's worth, that sounds really useful but you said earlier that your investigative role was crap.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

My secret project was just "complete TWO investigations!" and I was like hah piece of piss. But nope. Block, block, lynched.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Tirade posted:

So how is it different to a cop? It would pick up on vigs and SKs as well? I think you're full of poo poo for what it's worth, that sounds really useful but you said earlier that your investigative role was crap.

Really? It seems crap to me. Maybe I'd be more hyped if any of them had gone through. It's like learned helplessness.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

I am not a scum, although I'll grant my voting record isn't exactly stellar. I do hold up the Godfather's (flimsy) pressure against me as evidence of my innocence. I am only at 1/2 lynches to get my project going - the three that are active must belong to other people.

My mistake, I thought you were in on Amnistar's lynching.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

I am not scum, in fact I am a town bus driver

Night 1 night I switched WMB with Razor
Night 2 I switched TBK with Bifauxnen

I thought TOML was scum because WMB was someone's intended target on night one, and WMB mentioned that TOML hates him, and then his random WMB vote yesterday kinda sealed him as anti-town for me.

IDK if there's any significance to TBK being targeted (maybe it was a vig or sk action, or maybe bif targeted TBK with her doodad)

In hindsight, Gough's certainty when it comes to Asphyxious makes me think that he got a scum result in an investigation

Considering bus driver is an anti town role, colour me highly sceptical.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I thought here you said you tried to kill me then I saw your post on what it does. That actually sounds kind of useful considering that vig was dead, it's a high chance that anyone you got a positive on was either a serial killer or scum. How is that not useful?

Asphyxious posted:

I will offer that if I was scum I'd have worked out Gough was a cop instead of just being an rear end in a top hat and what I certainly wouldn't have done is spend most of last night saying how I thought the scum godfather was being scummy. Like I'm not a team player but I wouldn't deliberately gently caress over my scum team on the way out.

Both of these don't make a lot sense, how would you have worked out Gough was a cop?

Also you hardly threw bif under a bus, you pointed suspicion at her when there was no real drive, and there was no real momentum. It's a great role (the godfather) to put out there to attract an investigation for obvious reasons.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

If it was a different game I wouldn't have role claimed, but for this game, tbh I'm not too worried.

because you're scum?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Gough's certainty about Gaspy is pretty damning. Also, Gaspy made a lot of noises about Bif being scum but was happy to vote with her against TOML last night.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

because you're scum?

There's the Beet I remember. Where's this been for the past few days?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I guess the advantage of gunsmith is that you'd know if they can kill regardless of whether they have.

fwiw I targeted tbk last night and was unsuccessful, which supports Mith's claim.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

I thought here you said you tried to kill me then I saw your post on what it does. That actually sounds kind of useful considering that vig was dead, it's a high chance that anyone you got a positive on was either a serial killer or scum. How is that not useful?

Both of these don't make a lot sense, how would you have worked out Gough was a cop?

Also you hardly threw bif under a bus, you pointed suspicion at her when there was no real drive, and there was no real momentum. It's a great role (the godfather) to put out there to attract an investigation for obvious reasons.

Hindsight and all that but if I wasn't town and Gough was going at me THAT hard I'd like to think I'd have worked out why. He was unflinching and resolute, exactly how you'd expect someone to act on a known scum.

But yeah this is it Beet. You get your lynch. It'll leave too much ambiguity to keep me around. like from here would anyone even listen to what I have to say?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

MaliciousOnion posted:

I guess the advantage of gunsmith is that you'd know if they can kill regardless of whether they have.

fwiw I targeted tbk last night and was unsuccessful, which supports Mith's claim.

What no it doesn't. It should still have been successful. It would have just gone to a dead Bif.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

Gough's certainty about Gaspy is pretty damning. Also, Gaspy made a lot of noises about Bif being scum but was happy to vote with her against TOML last night.

connect the dots.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Either Mith or MO is full of poo poo right now.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

thatbastardken posted:

Nope

I'm town, and I don't lie :) like I can tell you why I'm not worried if you really want to know, but it's better for town that I don't.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Asphyxious posted:

What no it doesn't. It should still have been successful. It would have just gone to a dead Bif.

Would it come back as successful if the target is dead though?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Hindsight and all that but if I wasn't town and Gough was going at me THAT hard I'd like to think I'd have worked out why. He was unflinching and resolute, exactly how you'd expect someone to act on a known scum.

But yeah this is it Beet. You get your lynch. It'll leave too much ambiguity to keep me around. like from here would anyone even listen to what I have to say?

Yeah, it's a funny thing that he turned up dead today.

Soz bro.

##vote asphyxious

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Er wait, my first post up there should have quoted beet asking if I'm not worried because I'm scum.

Phone postin'

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Either Mith or MO is full of poo poo right now.

Or you are. MO could have been roleblocked.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

I guess I could have been roleblocked, though that would mean there's at least two roleblockers, since you claim you were roleblocked as well.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mithranderp posted:

Would it come back as successful if the target is dead though?

Yes. Assuming you have one night phase, Bif would receive the invention AND die.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Mithranderp, you didn't answer my question about why you chose the people you drove. I'm not blaming you, it was at the bottom of the last page, but I'd like it answered.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MaliciousOnion posted:

does it? it would have gone to bif, dead or not, i think. like your action would have been successful regardless i would have thought.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

Nope

I'm town, and I don't lie :) like I can tell you why I'm not worried if you really want to know, but it's better for town that I don't.

bullshit, you're as untrustworthy as bif.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

MaliciousOnion posted:

I guess I could have been roleblocked, though that would mean there's at least two roleblockers, since you claim you were roleblocked as well.

Tirade posted:

Or you are. MO could have been roleblocked.

I'm going to file "two roleblockers" as highly improbable of a game this size. Like its role heavy but two people running around shutting everything down is a bit much.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I'm going to file "two roleblockers" as highly improbable of a game this size. Like its role heavy but two people running around shutting everything down is a bit much.

Well the second role block is solely based on your word, which we can't verify unless soag or someone else fesses up.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Maybe. You yourself have run multiple games where both town and scum have had a roleblocker. It's not inconceivable that a town blocker has been targeting you at night, you've not exactly been a shining beacon of towniness.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Well the second role block is solely based on your word, which we can't verify unless soag or someone else fesses up.

Uhm. I said I had an investigative role. Pretty sure if I'm being roleblocked it's by scum. Why would they fess up?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

secret project could make a double role block.

or phyx is clutching at straws

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

MaliciousOnion posted:

Mithranderp, you didn't answer my question about why you chose the people you drove. I'm not blaming you, it was at the bottom of the last page, but I'd like it answered.

Sure, I thought WMB was a bit scummy on night one, and wanted to protect razor, so switched them. Unfortunately for me WMB was the real target.

I switched bif with tbk because I thought if she's town and has a doodad and tries to use it,it'll protect her from role blocks. And if she was scum she probably wouldnt use it unless it was an offensive weapon.

Tbh I thought she was town and found tbk scumny, so I switched them. I was just lucky this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Tirade posted:

Maybe. You yourself have run multiple games where both town and scum have had a roleblocker. It's not inconceivable that a town blocker has been targeting you at night, you've not exactly been a shining beacon of towniness.

Hm. True.

• Locked thread