Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
The way the train went off Kleedrac and onto TOML last night is still hella suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

MaliciousOnion posted:

Wasn't this your master plan, though? To get people to accuse you so you could counter-accuse?

Yeah but that was on the assumption that there wasn't some weird fuckery that ended up with me getting fingered by a cop. The issue is it robs me of my legitimacy. I don't see why anyone would believe a thing I said if they thought I was scum.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Kleedrac posted:

This is a lie. You would know if you were roleblocked - we know this because others in the thread have said if/when they got roleblocked. I tracked you last night and you didn't leave the house so I want to know why you're lying to the town before we end tonight. If you don't have a great answer I shall lead the lynch parade on you tomorrow!

Either Klee is lying scum, lying town mis-representing his night action result, or there has been mod error.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
I'm just saying it's barely lunch time, is all

Oh yeah space elevator is my special power. Lets me commute. Activated by being alive on day 3.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

white mans burping posted:

I'm just saying it's barely lunch time, is all

Oh yeah space elevator is my special power. Lets me commute. Activated by being alive on day 3.

I targeted you last night and returned an unsuccessful result. Any input on that?

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
Nope

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm trying to study as i have an assignment due friday so took a break from this thread but I saw the new posts racking up.

Zetsubou-san posted:

oh boy...

##vote asphyxious

I'm Col. Santiago, 2IC of Unity Security , as such I can send a security detail to someone each night to make sure VIPs are safe and secure, or to suppress the actions of potential suspects. (works as a JAILER)

I blocked Gaspy N1 in case he tried to do something dastardly, but when he mentioned his investigative role I decided to let him do his thing on N2 and protected Onion instead since you people went and killed our doctor.

Hmm okay this partialy backs up some of what gaspy said. still doesn't explain him being unsuccessful last night.

Tirade posted:

Beet's done gently caress all for the whole game, and your story about being roleblocked has been at least partially confirmed. Don't get too comfortable though, I'd happily lynch you too at this stage.

Kommando I know bus drivers can be a pain for everyone involved, but that doesn't always mean that they're scum. Any reason why Mithranderp's claim has bugged you so much?

a lot of people have done gently caress all the whole game. everyone sat on their hands yesterday with no leads and talked about how hard it was.

Kommando posted:

bus driver is a scum aligned role because it increases swing.

i don't understand what you mean by this? i said earlier a bus driver did a number on the scum in one of the transformer games. it definitely fucks with town, but does it gently caress with town more than scum? I used to hate the bus driver role, now i'm not happy if it's around but i don't think it's as big of a detriment to town, especially once we know who they've picked and we can work backwards to reassess anyone's odd investigation results or whatever. that's if the claim isn't bullshit of course.

Kleedrac posted:

OK so we're going to lynch Aspy today because cop claims need to be verified to have value. Given that we're at -2 I will hold off for now - I should be up for a while if my vote was needed but if the cop is wrong I don't want to push too close to a hammer when we still have 8 hours to deadline.

This is a lie. You would know if you were roleblocked - we know this because others in the thread have said if/when they got roleblocked. I tracked you last night and you didn't leave the house so I want to know why you're lying to the town before we end tonight. If you don't have a great answer I shall lead the lynch parade on you tomorrow!

He said he got 'unsuccessful' and gaspy said similar. we've had zetsu confirm he blocked gaspy so the text matches up there. what doesn't stack up is if MO was jailed last night how did you track him? what was your actual results?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Nah I just read the wiki and jailing doesn't necessarily do what I thought. I thought it was like a forced commute but it isn't, it just protects + roleblocks.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Kleedrac can you confirm that your tracking result last night was successful? That conflicts with Zetsubou's claim that MO was jailed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Nah I just read the wiki and jailing doesn't necessarily do what I thought. I thought it was like a forced commute but it isn't, it just protects + roleblocks.

what did you think?

yeah it protects them like a doctor AND role blocks so Kleedrac shouldn't have had a result

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Of yeah I thought it was a forced commute as well.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Matthew Beet posted:

what did you think?

yeah it protects them like a doctor AND role blocks so Kleedrac shouldn't have had a result

Does it role block the target or does it protect the target from roles?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

what did you think?

I thought jailing someone made them completely untargetable at night, rather than roleblocking and protecting them.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
It protects from kills and roleblocks the target but not necessarily blocks other actions against the target, according to wiki. So yeah, Kleedrac could have seen what they saw, if my logic is right.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mithranderp posted:

Does it role block the target or does it protect the target from roles?

It roleblocks the target.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Zetsubou-san posted:

Either Klee is lying scum, lying town mis-representing his night action result, or there has been mod error.

Tirade posted:

Kleedrac can you confirm that your tracking result last night was successful? That conflicts with Zetsubou's claim that MO was jailed.

I was specifically told that my target didn't visit anybody - I'm not sure how that would be impacted by jailing - I suppose the mod could handle it differently from roleblocking but given what others had said earlier in the thread I was of the impression that RB'd people got back the message that they were RB'd.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

I thought jailing someone made them completely untargetable at night, rather than roleblocking and protecting them.

Ahh so there is wiggle room between the two for someone to watch / track, just can't perform on them or they can't on others. yeah my understanding originally was same as yours and gaspy, a complete no go like commuter.

okay that works.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kleedrac posted:

I was specifically told that my target didn't visit anybody - I'm not sure how that would be impacted by jailing - I suppose the mod could handle it differently from roleblocking but given what others had said earlier in the thread I was of the impression that RB'd people got back the message that they were RB'd.

Nope. I just got back "unsuccessful" both times and figured roleblocking was the most logical. It's now confirmed that was the case night one, why I didn't get to frisk WMB last night still appears to be a mystery.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

It roleblocks the target.

and protects them.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Kleedrac why did you pick MO to track? It seems like a bit of a waste, unless you think his entire inventor story is fabricated.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kleedrac was one of my top picks after Bif. More and more thinking that was a good call.

Also patting myself on the back heartily here for calling Bif out so much last night. I know you think "duh of course you knew you're scum" but I'm not and I didn't and I worked it out. So calling that one a win for me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Kleedrac was one of my top picks after Bif. More and more thinking that was a good call.

Also patting myself on the back heartily here for calling Bif out so much last night. I know you think "duh of course you knew you're scum" but I'm not and I didn't and I worked it out. So calling that one a win for me.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hahaha

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Kleedrac is still my top pick. Considering it was such a quick and easy switch to toml I'm thinking it was a scum distraction from Kleedrac, and so might the gaspy vote be.

Is there any precedent for having two bus drivers? One scum, one town. Bus driver could have messed with goughs result.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Meh. For all the good it does me.

##vote Kleedrac

My one regret is dying before Beet.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

Kleedrac is still my top pick. Considering it was such a quick and easy switch to toml I'm thinking it was a scum distraction from Kleedrac, and so might the gaspy vote be.

Is there any precedent for having two bus drivers? One scum, one town. Bus driver could have messed with goughs result.

Two bus drivers seems real unlikely - for no other reason than they'd complicate how to resolve night actions if one of their targets is the same.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I guess I'm still not convinced about Kleedrac - they might be scum but I feel like Gaspy is a better bet. If someone came forward and claimed the roleblock on Gaspy N2, that'd go along way toward clearing that up, though.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

I highly doubt there are two.

Hell we were even questioning if there really was one!

A rush to TOML off Kleedrac kind of has merit though..

Kleedrac I keep feeling was helpful day 1 and early day 2 and i said that yesterday or today. so i've gone back and skimmed his posts and i have no idea where i got that idea from. he jumped around a lot on day 1 (nothing unsual), did vote MO for being useless on day 1 and again voted MO day 2 for being useless.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Kleedrac can you tell us who you tracked on n1 and the result?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Hmm. I do think that Gough was really seriously gunning for gaspy, something I don't think he'd do without a result.

How many votes to hammer?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i think you can just say votefinder and it'll appear.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thought we have just under 7 hours so there's no need to rush hammer.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

What's bugging me is that no way is there not at least one scum on that vote, but none of them are on my list. Closest would be Ken and I'm just not feeling that.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Matthew Beet posted:

thought we have just under 7 hours so there's no need to rush hammer.

Yeah, my only problem is that a very nice goon surprised crazytolradi and me with tickets to mad max tonight, and I likely won't be around for the deadline.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

Kleedrac I keep feeling was helpful day 1 and early day 2 and i said that yesterday or today. so i've gone back and skimmed his posts and i have no idea where i got that idea from. he jumped around a lot on day 1 (nothing unsual), did vote MO for being useless on day 1 and again voted MO day 2 for being useless.

He's also already had a go at me today, though hasn't followed through with a vote so far. Maybe because I've been contributing since he stopped posting yesterday.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I feel like MO and Z-San are largely in the clear? So that leaves ken or Beet. And if it's Beet kudos on pretending like you're not really fazed or hyped about this.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Asphyxious posted:

I feel like MO and Z-San are largely in the clear? So that leaves ken or Beet. And if it's Beet kudos on pretending like you're not really fazed or hyped about this.

I would very much lol if I ended up switching one scum for another with my bus.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Wait yeah hold on, why is no one talking about the second kill?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

Asphyxious posted:

Meh. For all the good it does me.

##vote Kleedrac

My one regret is dying before Beet.

Look at these scum pals trying it again.
yes Mithranderp, it was a distraction, you were in on it.

Mithranderp posted:

Matthew Beet posted:

Not sure. Gaspy sounds wrong but so does toml and out of the two TOML's my stronger feel but no one is interested in him.
I'm interested

Asphyxious posted:

I wouldn't say no to a TOML vote honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Like there's not even any speculation. The vig is dead, so it means either SK or second scum kill (or second vig but holy poo poo no) SO if it was an SK, why only one kill night one? And if scum have two kills, WAS ken the target? DOES that clear him?

• Locked thread