Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i'm awake. Just checking in.

Well, to whoever got the kill on Bif last night - :tipshat:

I'll read up, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Uhm. I said I had an investigative role. Pretty sure if I'm being roleblocked it's by scum. Why would they fess up?

yes that's plausible, but you also said you had a poo poo investigative role.

why wouldn't they just kill you instead?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mith, I don't like bus drivers, and I think you just activated the space elevator.

##vote Mithranderp

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Zetsubou-san posted:

i'm awake. Just checking in.

Well, to whoever got the kill on Bif last night - :tipshat:

I'll read up, now.

self congratulations serial killer?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Matthew Beet posted:

yes that's plausible, but you also said you had a poo poo investigative role.

why wouldn't they just kill you instead?

Oh come on you know the answer to that.

Because they can get me lynched instead.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Oh come on you know the answer to that.

Because they can get me lynched instead.

i've heard this argument used by scum in soo many games. running a lynch is never a certainty, a night kill is. your roleblock claim isn't impossible, i was just saying you can't use it to disregard MO's discrepancy.

anyhow you've agreed with my original point that two role blockers isn't impossible

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I dont believe tbk is scum now because I think Mithranderp is scum and she wouldn't bus drive both her scum pals one night.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Kommando posted:

bullshit, you're as untrustworthy as bif.

?

I don't lie. I think it is you who are the one doing the bullshitting rn

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

oh boy...

##vote asphyxious

I'm Col. Santiago, 2IC of Unity Security , as such I can send a security detail to someone each night to make sure VIPs are safe and secure, or to suppress the actions of potential suspects. (works as a JAILER)

I blocked Gaspy N1 in case he tried to do something dastardly, but when he mentioned his investigative role I decided to let him do his thing on N2 and protected Onion instead since you people went and killed our doctor.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Kommando posted:

Mith, I don't like bus drivers, and I think you just activated the space elevator.

##vote Mithranderp

Wrong again. Maritime control centre.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

I'm sorry Onion, if I messed up any progress torwords your Project, but I felt you might attract the NK last night.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

Bifauxnen, CEO Nwabudike Morgan, Scum-aligned Godfather has been killed on N2!

:siren:The Secret Project The Merchant Exchange (allows rolecop investigations) has been deactivated!:siren:

Gough Suppressant, Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, Town-aligned Cop has been killed in N2!

:siren:The Secret Project The Citizens' Defense Force (choose 1 player every night to protect from conventional and Psi attacks) has been deactivated!:siren:

Bif had role cop abilities I figure, meaning she had two investigation actions

Gough got psi protection/doctor power for night 2

Birdstrike posted:

:siren:The following Secret Projects have activated:siren:

The Cyborg Factory

The Maritime Control Centre

The Space Elevator

I suspect Mithranderp got space elevator since she successfully bus drove two nights.

I dont know what the other two will be.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

oh boy...

##vote asphyxious

I'm Col. Santiago, 2IC of Unity Security , as such I can send a security detail to someone each night to make sure VIPs are safe and secure, or to suppress the actions of potential suspects. (works as a JAILER)

I blocked Gaspy N1 in case he tried to do something dastardly, but when he mentioned his investigative role I decided to let him do his thing on N2 and protected Onion instead since you people went and killed our doctor.

Oh. Oh that works. I believe that.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

Wtf? out to sea.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I am a Unity Foil, which is a maritime transporter type unit.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bbl, having lunch.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
For what it's worth I'm buying these role claims. Except for maybe gaspy.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
I'm currently most suss on Beet and Gaspy, with Beet slightly in the lead.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Tirade posted:

I'm currently most suss on Beet and Gaspy, with Beet slightly in the lead.

Wait why beet in the lead of the guy THE COP kept saying was scum?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Zetsubou-san posted:

I'm sorry Onion, if I messed up any progress torwords your Project, but I felt you might attract the NK last night.

No problem; I was a bit worried myself.

Mithranderp posted:

fwiw in the computer game this project gives all your cities a naval yard, which in turn improve your naval units. I'd guess it allows Mith to use her ability twice in one night?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

That doesn't mean that you're not scum.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Mithranderp posted:

Yeah, this flavour goes well with a bus driver role.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Wait why beet in the lead of the guy THE COP kept saying was scum?

Beet's done gently caress all for the whole game, and your story about being roleblocked has been at least partially confirmed. Don't get too comfortable though, I'd happily lynch you too at this stage.

Kommando I know bus drivers can be a pain for everyone involved, but that doesn't always mean that they're scum. Any reason why Mithranderp's claim has bugged you so much?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

In Mith's defense, both times she's used her action one of the targets have died, and each target has been a different faction. Of course, it could have been really lovely luck that Bif got killed instead of tbk but it doesn't strike me as being a particularly smart move for scum to swap their godfather. On that basis, I'm leaning toward Mith being town.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Kommando posted:

That doesn't mean that you're not scum.

This is also true.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Zetsubou-san posted:

oh boy...

##vote asphyxious

That...is a fucker of a claim. I'm going to put a vote on Gaspy now and risk an early hammer because I don't want to miss the train. Something good had better come up if you want to survive the day, Gaspy.

##vote Asphyxious

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

That...is a fucker of a claim. I'm going to put a vote on Gaspy now and risk an early hammer because I don't want to miss the train. Something good had better come up if you want to survive the day, Gaspy.

##vote Asphyxious

It's more a warning to town players to have a contingency plan. I am 100% not scum, this flip won't be a great success, and it won't bring us closer to victory. That being said I literally see no way that I wouldn't die today, so I'll just scum hunt where I can. I think any effort questioning me or getting me to defend myself would be a waste.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Well then, may the space God have mercy on our souls

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

bus driver is a scum aligned role because it increases swing.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
OK so we're going to lynch Aspy today because cop claims need to be verified to have value. Given that we're at -2 I will hold off for now - I should be up for a while if my vote was needed but if the cop is wrong I don't want to push too close to a hammer when we still have 8 hours to deadline.

MaliciousOnion posted:

I guess the advantage of gunsmith is that you'd know if they can kill regardless of whether they have.

fwiw I targeted tbk last night and was unsuccessful, which supports Mith's claim.

This is a lie. You would know if you were roleblocked - we know this because others in the thread have said if/when they got roleblocked. I tracked you last night and you didn't leave the house so I want to know why you're lying to the town before we end tonight. If you don't have a great answer I shall lead the lynch parade on you tomorrow!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

It's more a warning to town players to have a contingency plan. I am 100% not scum, this flip won't be a great success, and it won't bring us closer to victory. That being said I literally see no way that I wouldn't die today, so I'll just scum hunt where I can. I think any effort questioning me or getting me to defend myself would be a waste.

"Well I can't see how I can lie myself out of this, so I'll just pretend it's everyone else's fault for not listening to me."

By all means, defend yourself or prove your worth. Tell us who the other scum is and we won't lynch you.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kleedrac posted:

OK so we're going to lynch Aspy today because cop claims need to be verified to have value. Given that we're at -2 I will hold off for now - I should be up for a while if my vote was needed but if the cop is wrong I don't want to push too close to a hammer when we still have 8 hours to deadline.

This is a lie. You would know if you were roleblocked - we know this because others in the thread have said if/when they got roleblocked. I tracked you last night and you didn't leave the house so I want to know why you're lying to the town before we end tonight. If you don't have a great answer I shall lead the lynch parade on you tomorrow!

This is interesting. Because of you tracked onion it should have just said unsuccessful as he was jailed.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

I was told that my action was unsuccessful. I wasn't specifically told that I was roleblocked.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

This is interesting. Because of you tracked onion it should have just said unsuccessful as he was jailed.

Maybe I was on house arrest.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

MaliciousOnion posted:

"Well I can't see how I can lie myself out of this, so I'll just pretend it's everyone else's fault for not listening to me."

By all means, defend yourself or prove your worth. Tell us who the other scum is and we won't lynch you.

a) Thats not what I'm saying at all, I'm saying that lynching me is a forgone conclusion and a waste of breath on anyone who wants to look oh-so-town by having a go at me.

b) I don't know who the other scum are, as I am not scum

c) you apparently think I'm an idiot.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

MaliciousOnion posted:

Maybe I was on house arrest.

Or maybe you're full of poo poo and the only person who was backing up your town claim was literally the scum godfather.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
Bit suss on how quick people are dogpiling sphyxy this early in the day

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Not really, the cop who died last night was pretty clearly calling Gaspy scum

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

white mans burping posted:

Bit suss on how quick people are dogpiling sphyxy this early in the day

Really? Mister never-don't-lynch-a-cop's-pick is now all "I dunno you guys"?

This is what will be more telling. Scum know I'm not scum and will act accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

a) Thats not what I'm saying at all, I'm saying that lynching me is a forgone conclusion and a waste of breath on anyone who wants to look oh-so-town by having a go at me.

Wasn't this your master plan, though? To get people to accuse you so you could counter-accuse?

• Locked thread