Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

high fives to bif and zets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

white mans burping posted:

good game muppets!

thanks for running it birdstrike - was lots and lots of fun, i liked the special projects (even tho they may have been quite easy to achieve?) and the open nights was an interesting dynamic!

Glad you enjoyed it! I'll have some more in depth thoughts in the morning.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
That mod doc is seriously complicated birdstrike, that's a lot of poo poo to keep track of

double extra-big thanks!

I h8 you so much right now beet

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Bulletproof? So after getting blocked I would have had to TRY TO KILL BEET THREE TIMES.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
:colbert:

gg scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Glad you enjoyed it! I'll have some more in depth thoughts in the morning.

yeah the open night was intimidating at first for me being scum, i felt like i needed to post so as to not look suss. I liked it actually.

the projects and flavour and role handing out was really well done i thought.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
and gg birdstrike, it was incredibly enjoyable despite the fact that I don't know anything about AC

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Bulletproof? So after getting blocked I would have had to TRY TO KILL BEET THREE TIMES.

1x BP. so two times :colbert:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asphyxious posted:

If you weren't gaoled on N1 you would have killed him then using psi power.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

yeah BP is only standard protection. i forgot that. so it was the two planet aligned players who could psi people.

What happened with gaspy's attack on soag n2?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

Next tiiiiiiiime...

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

white mans burping posted:

That mod doc is seriously complicated birdstrike, that's a lot of poo poo to keep track of

double extra-big thanks!

I h8 you so much right now beet

:glomp:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so did tirade kill anyone?

or i guess i could wait for night actions tomorrow.

oh just found other sheets.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Thanks to everyone for playing along with my crazy setup.

Even Especially you Kommando! :cheeky:

Scumdoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1xjasvNPBNCfEz9hQlh8Kj-RCbs5S61Pp8fH0xER5M/

Dead doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12dLHlyTjusRfvYE2v_AilnKp8KfK3VIPj0t0aLyM5lU/

Mason doc: that's right I wasn't invited to this :v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

OH poo poo.

Tirade and I targeted each other on Night 3, I only won because I got my action in first.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

What happened with gaspy's attack on soag n2?

Until Gaspy's project kicked in that faction had 1 kill which went to the first PM. Tirade used the N2 kill on Gough, who simultaneously used the unblockable project doctor on Tirade.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Until Gaspy's project kicked in that faction had 1 kill which went to the first PM. Tirade used the N2 kill on Gough, who simultaneously used the unblockable project doctor on Tirade.

aaah that's what that means on the sheet.

I really enjoyed this game birb. I've told you enough on the spreadsheet to prove i'm not just saying that because scum won :)

Also MASON sheet.

Where Kommando invited me into a masonry,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1udfgJrkQGOUeqtwm5B9l_tjMyqeuxI58omBwvSF9G2M/edit#gid=0

in his situation, i'd actually have invited a suspect player too. a good way to observe them.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
In terms of gameplay the only major dilemma/choice which came up was how to treat jailed players. I had initially planned to make them untouchable by any investigations, but my reading of the wiki suggested that that would actually be an Alien role as opposed to Jailer. Thus Gough could get the N1 3P read on jailed Gaspy. It came up with Kleedrac later investigating an inmate.

Confirming Kommando was my dumbarse mistake.

One other thing - big thanks to the non-Auspol players who were able to help the madness unfold.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Private Log posted:

Day 6 of Planet

We did it! There are no more obstacles left in the way of the complete domination of Planet. Those we saw as threats we eliminated, and those of weak minds we bent to our will.

The death of Morgan was a setback, true, but the money he provided for our cyborg enforcers helped push the project towards fruition. Hah! And they called them simple-minded drones - letting them into every part of their colonies! Security is everything.

If only that meddling scientist Zakharov had died on the Unity; once Planetfall had been made it would have been so much easier to communicate and control without the fear of his digital snooping.

Curse that tree-freak Skye! I'm sure she let those things among us on purpose. She was almost the ruin of us all.

Yang was a good soldier before he turned political, it was good to see the last of him. He never understood that out here survival would be paramount.

At least Skye's toys helped us out with the UN's loyal wimp, Pravin Lal. It would have been difficult for us to move against him.

Sister Miriam was another thorn in our side. She might have been persuaded with a policy of non-interference, but her ways are even more mysterious than of that god she prattles on about.

All in all - It is looking to be a lovely day.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

i had so much fun, this is my first time as scum and I was stressing out over nearly everything.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zetsubou-san posted:

i had so much fun, this is my first time as scum and I was stressing out over nearly everything.

nah a pro team. I was happy with it.

I wasn't stressing at all until after we missed the easy hammer.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

That was all on me. I wanted the hammer, but my (new) phone takes forever to load a page, and trying to type on it is bloody slow as well. I should have posted first and let you hammer.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
This was a great game Birb but I gotta say the town play was :mediocre:

...mad mafia fury road???!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

So Gough did you investigate me?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

So Gough did you investigate me?

Yeah. I figured you didn't have much shade thrown on you early so I was unlikely getting spotted doing so, and you're a good enough player that if you turned up town I could fairly happily just quietly follow your votes for a few days.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

oh, and my breakdown earlier today was legit, too. I only got re-engaged because of that apology.

I was so close to just getting blotto instead.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Best mafia game I've played in ages, thanks birbstrike! Well done to the mafia team.

Beets you got lucky, I think you beat me to the nightkill race by about a minute.

Props to Zets for the first ever enjoyable rp posting in a mafia game too.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Best mafia game I've played in ages, thanks birbstrike! Well done to the mafia team.

Beets you got lucky, I think you beat me to the nightkill race by about a minute.

Props to Zets for the first ever enjoyable rp posting in a mafia game too.

Yeah I'd like to know the timing from birbstrike.

Tirade, you always know when I'm scum, you've always got my number.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Birdstrike posted:

Based on the actions I have received so far, Kleedrac has been killed in at least one of three ways.

Kleedrac, Probe Team, Town-aligned Tracker/Watcher, has been killed on Night 5!

The Secret Project The Planetary Datalinks (2x cop investigations) has been deactivated.

WOah! lol

1) Sorry for disappearing last night one stress-relief drink turned into a few.
2) Thanks so much to Auspol for allowing me to have a blast with you guys - you guys all rock!
3) Well played game to the scumteam :) I never would have suspected a scumteam jailor and you all kept yourselves down on the radar :)

Thank-you to everyone I had a blast!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TBK was a miller?! I missed that when skimming the spoiler sheet, ouch.

This was an awesome setup Birb, the secret projects were such a fun mechanic and having TWO serial killers unknowingly fighting over the Planet-kill was so nuts but it actually worked!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I may be the worst at picking scum. I don't understand mafia at all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The first rule of mafia is never not lynch.
The second rule of mafia is never not lynch gaspy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bif that was like our second, possibly third game as scum together?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
drat, gg everyone, particularly scum. I didn't realise mafia could be so stressful. I was pretty sure town would lose around D4 but going into that final night I thought the scum would be Beets and tkb, so well done Zetsu.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

Bif that was like our second, possibly third game as scum together?

First one was the young Greens where scum were like the only people posting half the time... then I have a hard time keeping track cause I had a bunch of scum in a row. No wait, I think that was the only time we were scum together before, last time we were in a scum sheet together was cause I was the mod, in Free Avs Mafia. Yeah, that sounds right.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

gg everyoen, thanks birb for running it! the special projects were a great addition

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

First one was the young Greens where scum were like the only people posting half the time... then I have a hard time keeping track cause I had a bunch of scum in a row. No wait, I think that was the only time we were scum together before, last time we were in a scum sheet together was cause I was the mod, in Free Avs Mafia. Yeah, that sounds right.

Really? I thought we had an earlier game. Oh well.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Would run again, a few observations:

• It was interesting from a mod perspective to see how certain people attracted actions each night eg Gaspy night 1, Mith night 2. Even last night Kleedrac was the target of both the mafia kill and a town vig.

• There was a potentially game breaking situation where a doc and Gough could protect each other at night which we fortunately avoided.

• The project requirements didn't seem to affect the game as much as I expected.The only one I noticed was TOML backing away from never not lynching. He was lynches on D2 but I'm not sure this was a reason people cited.

• Zets had a fantastic game with both the logs and the gameplay. The Space God is so happy with TBK that he's sending aliens to get you next game :unsmigghh:

Also:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

It really did help me a lot, not having to fake my role.

Also: I mentioned a contingency plan for my logs, in case I was lynched or the scum killed me.

Throughout the little story interludes in the game, you are introduced to a "young functionary, born far from Earth." who then becomes a subject in your faction's psi research program.

So I would have introduced Voki Bonaventura, who would had been suitably shocked at the deception of her leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Another scum victory :( bad luck town.

In case anyone is interested, i run loads of civilisation themed mafia games, they are sorta my thang. I even ran an alpha centauri mafia years ago, but it wasn't quite as role heavy as this haha.
[http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3438368] Alpha Centauri - Arrival of the Unity
I am very pleased you ran Planet as a role too! :)

I also run once a year a big civgame mafialike using custom rules i made myself:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3555776 Civilisation: Empires
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3640079 Civilisation 2: The Great Divide

Birdstrike, maybe you would be up for a collaboration later down the track if Civ is also your thang?

• Locked thread