Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Yes
Fight them
Yes

But first visit that cottage that restores all your Life Points. (EDIT: And visit it again between each action if we lose any Life Points along the way)

+1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Thread seems to be in agreement, so here we go! First stop, that one cottage that heals us back to full, and with maximum hit points we boldly stride into the stables and turn them upside down looking for treasure!

Section 71 posted:

Congratulations! You've found a horseshoe! Now stop wasting time.

Go back to your map and explore a more interesting part of the village.

Well gently caress you too :mad:

Let's go to the Abbey and vent our frustration by beating up some monks.

To remind you, we have to fight four Martial Monks, who have 25 LIFE POINTS each and hit on a 4 or better for +3 damage. Also, they have first strike. Let's hope we don't regret this!

Martial Monk 1 attacks! 2 + 3 = 5, Pip is hit for 1 + 3 - 6 = NO LIFE POINTS.
Martial Monk 2 attacks! 5 + 4 = 9, Pip is hit for 5 + 3 - 6 = 2 LIFE POINTS and is down to 38.
Martial Monk 3 attacks! 4 + 3 = 7, Pip is hit for 3 + 3 - 6 = 0 LIFE POINTS.
Martial Monk 4 attacks! 3 + 1 = 4, Pip is hit for 0 + 3 - 6 = NO LIFE POINTS.
Pip attacks! 1 + 5 = 6, Martial Monk 1 is hit for 2 + 5 = 7 LIFE POINTS and is down to 18.

Martial Monk 1 attacks! 2 + 4 = 6, Pip is hit for 2 + 3 - 6 = NO LIFE POINTS.
Martial Monk 2 attacks! 3 + 1 = 4, Pip is hit for 0 + 3 - 6 = NO LIFE POINTS.
Martial Monk 3 attacks! 2 + 1 = 3, a miss.
Martial Monk 4 attacks! 1 + 6 = 7, Pip is hit for 3 + 3 - 6 = 0 LIFE POINTS.
Pip attacks! 5 + 3 = 8, Martial Monk 1 is hit for 4 + 5 = 9 LIFE POINTS and is down to 9.

Martial Monk 1 attacks! 1 + 6 = 7, Pip is hit for 3 + 3 - 6 = 0 LIFE POINTS.
Martial Monk 2 attacks! 1 + 2 = 3, missed.
Martial Monk 3 attacks! 5 + 2 = 7, Pip is hit for 3 + 3 - 6 = 0 LIFE POINTS.
Martial Monk 4 attacks! 2 + 2 = 4, Pip is hit for 0 + 3 - 6 = NO LIFE POINTS.
Pip attacks! 3 + 3 = 6, Martial Monk 1 is hit for 2 + 5 = 7 LIFE POINTS, is down to 2 and out of the fight.

Martial Monk 2 attacks! 1 + 1 = 2, I don't need to tell you this is a miss I hope.
Martial Monk 3 attacks! 3 + 5 = 8, Pip is hit for 4 + 3 - 6 = 1 LIFE POINT and is down to 37.
Martial Monk 4 attacks! 4 + 3 = 7, Pip is hit for 3 + 3 - 6 = 0 LIFE POINTS.
Pip attacks! 5 + 4 = 9, Martial Monk 2 is hit for 5 + 5 = 10 LIFE POINTS and is down to 15.

Martial Monk 2 attacks! 4 + 5 = 9, Pip is hit for 5 + 3 - 6 = 2 LIFE POINTS and is down to 35.
Martial Monk 3 attacks! 5 + 6 = 11, Pip is hit for 7 + 3 - 6 = 4 LIFE POINTS and is down to 31.
Martial Monk 4 attacks! 3 + 4 = 7, Pip is hit for 3 + 3 - 6 = 0 LIFE POINTS.
Pip attacks! 2 + 3 = 5, Martial Monk 2 is hit for 1 + 5 = 6 LIFE POINTS and is down to 9.

Martial Monk 2 attacks! 1 + 6 = 7, Pip is hit for 3 + 3 - 6 = 0 LIFE POINTS.
Martial Monk 3 attacks! 3 + 3 = 6, Pip is hit for 2 + 3 - 6 = NO LIFE POINTS.
Martial Monk 4 attacks! 3 + 4 = 7, Pip is hit for 3 + 3 - 6 = 0 LIFE POINTS.
Pip attacks! 6 + 1 = 7, Martial Monk 2 is hit for 3 + 5 = 8 LIFE POINTS, is down to 1 and faints from the pain.

Martial Monk 3 attacks! 5 + 1 = 6, Pip is hit for 2 + 3 - 6 = NO LIFE POINTS.
Martial Monk 4 attacks! 5 + 4 = 9, Pip is hit for 5 + 3 - 6 = 2 LIFE POINTS and is down to 29.
Pip attacks! 6 + 2 = 8, Martial Monk 3 is hit for 4 + 5 = 9 LIFE POINTS and is down to 16.

Martial Monk 3 attacks! 2 + 3 = 5, Pip is hit for 1 + 3 - 6 = NO LIFE POINTS.
Martial Monk 4 attacks! 5 + 6 = 11, Pip is hit for 7 + 3 - 6 = 4 LIFE POINTS and is down to 25.
Pip attacks! 3 + 2 = 5, Martial Monk 3 is hit for 1 + 5 = 6 LIFE POINTS and is down to 10.

Martial Monk 3 attacks! 6 + 5 = 11, Pip is hit for 7 + 3 - 6 = 4 LIFE POINTS and is down to 21.
Martial Monk 4 attacks! 1 + 5 = 6, Pip is hit for 2 + 3 - 6 = NO LIFE POINTS.
Pip attacks! 5 + 5 = 10, Martial Monk 3 is hit for 5 + 5 = 10 LIFE POINTS and is cloven neatly in half.

Martial Monk 4 attacks! 3 + 6 = 9, Pip is hit for 5 + 3 - 6 = 2 LIFE POINTS and is down to 19.
Pip attacks! 1 + 5 = 6, Martial Monk 4 is hit for 2 + 5 = 7 LIFE POINTS and is down to 18.

Martial Monk 4 attacks! 2 + 3 = 5, Pip is hit for 1 + 3 - 6 = NO LIFE POINTS.
Pip attacks! 3 + 3 = 6, Martial Monk 4 is hit for 2 + 5 = 7 LIFE POINTS and is down to 11.

Martial Monk 4 attacks! 2 + 4 = 6, Pip is hit for 2 + 3 - 6 = NO LIFE POINTS.
Pip attacks! 5 + 6 = 11, Martial Monk 4 is hit for 7 + 5 = 11 LIFE POINTS bringing the fight to an end.

Pretty long and brutal fight. I was planning to use magic in case of emergency but it wasn't needed; our leather armour really carried the day this time, we'd probably have lost the fight (or be forced to use a couple spells) if it weren't for the additional -2 damage it granted us.

To the victor the spoils, which are located at 94!

Section 94 posted:

Before King Arthur chased the Romans out, there was a saying current throughout Avalon (which was not called Avalon then, of course), and this saying went: 'To the Victor, the Spoils'. (Ad victor spoilarum or some such nonsense in the original Latin.) It is a saying which applies fully to you now, Pip, for you were undoubtedly victorious in hacking up those morbid monks. So don't waste another moment: get into the Abbey and search, search, search. Roll two dice to discover what, if anything, you find.

Score 2-4 and go to 115.
Score 5-8 and go to 119.
Score 9-12 and go to 106.

First: you're not going to believe me, but I wrote "To the victor the spoils" before actually checking Section 94. Pretty impressive coincidence.
Second: I have no idea how to say that sentence in Latin. Any scholars in the audience?
Third: the roll ended up being 1 + 2 = 3, so to 115 we go!

Section 115 posted:

What a find! What a find! You have discovered a scroll. And this is what it says:

Be it known that I, Ethelbert, monk, warrior and loyal subject of Arturus Rex, son of Uthur Pendragon and rightful Liege Lord of the Realm of Avalon, have, by the grace of God and a strong right arm, come thus far in my quest for the place men call Dragon Cavern.

And be it known that I, having found myself trapped for several months in the accursed Stonemarten Village with its foul magics and other perils, have at last discovered a true route herefrom, leading, so I believe, directly to the entrance of Dragon Cavern.

Thus I take up my quill and write this knowledge lest I perish on my quest, so that it may be of some small usage to any brave adventurer who follows me. The route, written plainly, is thus:

First go to the ruined tower and there search diligently for an entrance. When the entrance is found, enter and again search diligently. Within the rubble, half buried, is a rotted wooden trap door. This open and stone steps will be revealed. Be not afeared, but descend and follow the route. Soon you will emerge to daylight and a foul,
cliff-enclosed place, a wasteland of hardened lava. This, as I attest, is the road to Dragon Cavern. Remember me at matins for this small service. I append my name.

Ethelbert, monk and warrior.

Now return to your map of Stonemarten Village and explore further or follow the directions on the scroll.

We already knew where to go, but it's good to know the banker-gnome didn't cheat us. Or did he? (No, probably not.)

Another quick visit the the Healing Cottage, and it's time to go knocking on the Poetic Fiend's not-metaphorical door at 107.

Section 107 posted:

The interior of the crypt is hung with black velvet drapes in remarkably good condition, while the floor, walls and ceiling are all in the very finest white marble. In the centre of the floor is a small dais and on it an ebony coffin with gleaming brass inlay. There is an inscription on the dais which reads:

Wearily you journeyed on
All hope near gone
But now you 're here
On your last breath
In the hope of finding someone dear
Or death

You groan inwardly at the standard of the verse (although all the while recalling that if this really is the Poetic Fiend, then you must be very careful to praise his poetry when he awakes) and climb up on the dais. Sure enough, there is a brass plaque set into the lid of the coffin, bearing the following inscription:

To awaken the Fiend, speak aloud the answer to this riddle:

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE
BETWEEN A DUCK?

Speak your answer aloud now.

If you answered, That's a stupid riddle' go to 116.
If you answered, 'I don't know' go to 121.
If you answered, 'One of its legs are both the same' go to 122.

Well, what shall we answer? Don't forget to speak aloud!

Pip's Stat Block posted:

LIFE POINTS: :siren: 40/40 :siren:
EXPERIENCE POINTS: :siren: 4 :siren:
INVENTORY:
E.J. (hits on a 4 or higher, +5 damage, +10 damage against dragons), dragonskin jacket (-4 damage), leather armour (-2 damage), dagger (+2 damage), food pack, backpack, waterbag, rope (15 metres), torch x12, healing potion x24 (heals two dice rolls), sack x6, climbing spike x12, roll of bandages (15 metres), tinderbox, container of oil, fish hook x12, carpentry hammer, blanket, horn, dragon cavern scroll (head to Section 101 to read it), the Phantom's tingling ring (tinglering?), :siren: horseshoe x1 :siren:
MAGIC:
Pip's First Spellbook (costs 3 LIFE POINTS per spell, maximum 3 uses per spell, need roll 7 or higher on two dice or spell doesn't work, used: POW x1, PAD x1), The Wizard Ansalom's Globule Wand (roll 6 or higher on two dice, holds enemy for four rounds, five charges), Firefinger Lightning Bolt x5
MONEY AND VALUABLES:
None

Roll of the Dead posted:

Death the first: got dizzy while climbing down a chasm (worst possible time to discover a fear of heights...)
Death the second: slowly strangled and digested by creepers (who grows creepers indoors anyway?)
Death the third: ate from a poisoned banquet
Death the fourth: buried under a collapsed cottage

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
It has always been "one of its legs are both the same", and yes, saddo that I am -- and child of 80s Britain -- I did say it aloud before reading on!

According to answers.com, the correct Latin for "to the victor, the spoils" is Victori spolia.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
We don't know. Curse that Poetic Fiend and his mastery of riddles and his certainly not waiting around to hear us get stumped!

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
One of its legs are both the same. Everyone knows that. :shrug:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
If you answered, 'One of its legs are both the same' go to 122.

Silent Banana
Aug 24, 2009

Pip wouldn't know the answer to that one.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Section 122 posted:

At once the coffin lid slams back and a slim, deathly pale figure dressed in an evening suit and opera cloak leaps out with alarming speed. His eyes are pink and his top teeth jut out over his lower lip - even when he is smiling, which he is now.

'Well done, my dear brave visitor! Well done! I could not have answered the riddle better myself. Except in rhyme, of course. Something along the following lines:

'It was the riddle of the sphynx:
What is the difference between a duck?
That one is easy, I thinks
And so lam in luck.
And ever game
I look the sphynx right in the eye
And answer: One of its legs are both the same! '

'There,' says the Fiend, eyes gleaming. 'What do you think of that as a poetic answer?'

'Magnificent!' you breathe, remembering the Fiend likes to be flattered about his poetry. 'I felt the mythological allusions were particularly apposite.'

Yes,' says the Fiend, obviously pleased, 'so did I. Now, as you are clearly a young person of taste and discernment, let me give you an award for your intelligence.'

With which he takes from the pocket of his opera suit a small silver snuffbox. 'Do you take snuff?' he asks.

You shake your head.

'Good,' nods the Fiend. 'A filthy habit and most unhealthy. However, you may make an exception of this snuff. It's not made of tobacco, but rather of ground mug wort blessed by a vicar of the Anglican Communion. This gives it amazing healing properties. Take a pinch when you are feeling low and roll two dice twice. The total is the number of LIFE POINTS restored to you up to your natural maximum. But you may only use the snuff once in any Section, otherwise it will send you directly to 14. Got that? Good. Now on your way, adventurer bold, for it is cold and I must get back into my coffin before I catch a chill and start coughin'.'

And he slams down the lid, leaving you with the snuffbox of healing stuff.

Go back to your map of Stonemarten Village and explore further. And don't lose that snuffbox ! In fact, make a note that you have it.

Giving the correct answer nets us a nice trinket!

For the record, if we'd said "I don't know" the Fiend would have chewed us up for being dumb, slammed the coffin shut, and we'd have gained no bonuses.

If instead we'd said "That's a stupid riddle", the Fiend would have gotten angry, and we'd have had to draw a portrait of him to mollify him. Having done that, the Fiend would have given us :siren: the most useful item in the game: :siren: a magical lollipop.

The way the lollipop works is thus: you can only use it in a fight (and only up to three times total), but when you do so your LIFE POINTS are restored to full, and the same amount of LIFE POINT you regain are subtracted from our enemy's. Pretty neat, huh?

Anyway, since we're done with Stonemarten, let's head onwards to the ruined tower at 30 and leave this place.

Section 30 posted:

Looks hke the remains of a stone watchtower, Pip, and very, very old. In ruins now, of course. Most of the tower itself has fallen in and the whole area is covered with fallen stones and rubble. You could mess about here forever, spraining your ankle on loose stones. Why not just roll a couple of dice to see what, if anything, might happen to a worthy adventurer in this place?

Score 2-6 and go to 80.
Score 7-12 and go to 88.

Roll: 2 + 5 = 7.

Section 88 posted:

You've spotted a doorway, by Jove!
You've entered the doorway, by Jove!
You've just been buried by a cave-in, by Jove!

Go to 14.

:siren: Death the fifth: buried under a cave-in. :siren:

Since we already know this is the way out, I'll just re-roll for LIFE POINTS, go back to Stonemarten, collect the Dragon Cavern scroll, collect the EJ upgrade, collect the horseshoe (might come in handy), and collect the Snuffbox. The tinglering is lost, however, since it was a reward for winning a fight and the second (or third, or fourth...) time around all enemies are gone.

LIFE POINT rolls: 1 + 1 = 2, 5 + 3 = 8, 2 + 1 = 3. 32 LIFE POINTS.

Back to the ruined tower, and another roll for us! 1 + 3 = 4, let's go to 80.

Section 80 posted:

A little perseverance goes a long way. You've spotted a doorway. Not a door, just a doorway - the door itself is long gone. But the doorway leads into the ruined tower. You draw your sword and edge carefully towards it, senses straining for any hint of danger. There is no sound; nothing at all. You enter.

It is gloomy in these ruins so that it takes a moment for your eyes to adjust. But eventually you see that the interior of the tower is in even worse condition than the outside. Fallen stones and heaps of rubble lie everywhere. There are the remains of a stone staircase spiralling upwards, but it doesn't go very far. You can see where the top fell in less than five metres above your head. For a moment you consider returning outside, but since you have come this far you decide to explore a little. Your sword still at the ready, you begin to move carefully through the rubble . . .

Once again your perseverance is rewarded! You see, half hidden by the rubble, a rotted wooden trap door, bound in rusty iron. There is an iron ring to lift it. You grip the ring firmly and heave. The ring comes away in your hand, but it doesn't matter: the whole door is so rotted, the metal so rusted that it all crumbles, leaving you staring down into a deep, dark shaft. Too dark to see.

Quickly you light a torch. The flickering light shows you steep stone steps leading downwards. Once again you hesitate, wondering if you should return to the sunshine outside. But what is there in the village for you? Are you not Pip, the Dragonslayer? Well, Pip the Prospective Dragonslayer anyway.

Bravely you step on to the stairway.

Bravely you slip and fall.

Bravely you dust yourself down when you reach the bottom, with no damage done fortunately. You are in an underground corridor, dark, dank, unlit. Will you follow it? Of course you will! Well, won't you?

If you don't wish to follow the corridor, return to your map and explore some other part of the village.

If, in fact, you do follow the corridor, turn to 25.

Nothing left to do but follow the corridor!

Section 25 posted:

You emerge into a volcanic wasteland. All around you are lava flats, vast stretches of stone distorted into grotesque shapes, a rippled, pitted surface that is difficult to travel over. You are surrounded by high cliffs, their sheer faces towering upwards to vast heights. Let's hope you don't have to climb these, Pip: even with equipment it could take you the best part of a year.

It is gloomy here: the cliffs are so high they cut out much of the sunlight. It should be chill as well, but in fact the place is almost tropical, probably on account of some low-level volcanic activity. Certainly there is a sharp, acrid smell of sulphur, as if you had stepped into the very mouth of Hell.

You make your way forward carefully, ears straining for any sound. The ground is generally firm enough, although it crumbles slightly in places; and from time to time a low, almost sub-sonic rumbling shivers from below your feet, setting your nerves even more on edge. There are only two routes open to you - due north and
north-east. All other directions are cut off either by the cliff faces or towering, tortured, twisted spires of rock.

If you decide to go north, turn to 62.
If you decide to go north-east, turn to 84.

Pip's Stat Block posted:

LIFE POINTS: :siren: 32/32 :siren:
EXPERIENCE POINTS: :siren: 0 :siren:
INVENTORY:
E.J. (hits on a 4 or higher, +5 damage, +10 damage against dragons), dragonskin jacket (-4 damage), leather armour (-2 damage), dagger (+2 damage), food pack, backpack, waterbag, rope (15 metres), torch x12, healing potion x24 (heals two dice rolls), sack x6, climbing spike x12, roll of bandages (15 metres), tinderbox, container of oil, fish hook x12, carpentry hammer, blanket, horn, dragon cavern scroll (head to Section 101 to read it), :siren: the Phantom's tingling ring (tinglering?), :siren: horseshoe x1
MAGIC:
Pip's First Spellbook (costs 3 LIFE POINTS per spell, maximum 3 uses per spell, need roll 7 or higher on two dice or spell doesn't work, used: POW x1, PAD x1), The Wizard Ansalom's Globule Wand (roll 6 or higher on two dice, holds enemy for four rounds, five charges), Firefinger Lightning Bolt x5, :siren: magical snuffbox (heals four dice's worth of LIFE POINTS, can be used only once per Section) :siren:
MONEY AND VALUABLES:
None

Roll of the Dead posted:

Death the first: got dizzy while climbing down a chasm (worst possible time to discover a fear of heights...)
Death the second: slowly strangled and digested by creepers (who grows creepers indoors anyway?)
:siren: Death the fifth: buried under a cave-in :siren:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
North east? Doesn't seem much difference.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay seriously, this book does not want you to keep items, what the hell.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Comstar posted:

North east? Doesn't seem much difference.

*shrug*. Sure. Why not?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

North-east it is!

Section 84 posted:

The smell of burning sulphur hangs heavily in the air, now joined by a second stench - the unmistakable odour of methane. You seem to be getting warm here, Pip: and that has nothing to do with the heat.

The path you are on ends in the yawning mouth of a great cavern. Not to put too fine a point on it, you definitely seem to have found . . .

DRAGON CAVERN!!!

Don't suppose you want to go home now?

Thought not. Gird your loins and go to 95.

Actually, I really want to go home. Can I? Please?

Section 95 posted:

Behind you, the volcanic wasteland. Before you, the mouth of a dark, gloomy, yawning cavern. In your nostrils, the scent of dragon and the smell of sulphur fumes and methane gas. In your hand (if you have any sense at all) your trusty sword. In your mind a knowledge of your spells.

This is it, Pip. This is the place you have searched for for so long, the place you risked your life to find. If there were trumpeters here, they would blow a huge triumphant fanfare to the heavens; although it's perhaps as well that there are not, for the last thing you need is a stampede of dragons. Brass or otherwise, disturbed by a blast of trumpet music.

You edge forward, senses alert, heart pounding. Questions cascade unbidden into your mind. Will the Brass Dragon really be hiding here? Merlin seems to think so, but he could be wrong. How many other dragons will you find here? Everyone in Avalon knows this cavern is the home of a large number of the monsters. What else is in the warren of underground tunnels, corridors, caves and caverns you are about to enter? Legend speaks of creatures so ghastly that they can live unmolested by the firebreathers, creatures so terrifying that even dragons leave them alone.

It is enough to daunt all but the most valiant heart. Which is why it is to your eternal credit, Pip, that you take a firm step forward and

Go to 108.

Section 108 posted:

You are within a bone-dry natural cavern, the floor of which is liberally scattered with bones and skulls, many animal, some human, and several of creatures you do not immediately recognise. Nothing stirs here, you are aware only of silence. There are three exits on the northern wall of this entrance cavern. Which will you choose?

Left-hand exit: go to 98.
Right-hand exit: go to 99.
Centre exit: go to 102.

And just one more thing, Pip. The exit corridors are narrow. As you examine them in the flickering light of your torch you see that they twist and turn. In your heart of hearts you know that this may be your fateful choice. For in this part of your adventure, there will be no turning back. Onward. To glory... or to death!

I wonder if there's some way to know which one to choose. Maybe someone has been here before and left us a hint? That would be nice.

Pip's Stat Block posted:

LIFE POINTS: 32/32
EXPERIENCE POINTS: 0
INVENTORY:
E.J. (hits on a 4 or higher, +5 damage, +10 damage against dragons), dragonskin jacket (-4 damage), leather armour (-2 damage), dagger (+2 damage), food pack, backpack, waterbag, rope (15 metres), torch x12, healing potion x24 (heals two dice rolls), sack x6, climbing spike x12, roll of bandages (15 metres), tinderbox, container of oil, fish hook x12, carpentry hammer, blanket, horn, dragon cavern scroll (head to Section 101 to read it), horseshoe x1
MAGIC:
Pip's First Spellbook (costs 3 LIFE POINTS per spell, maximum 3 uses per spell, need roll 7 or higher on two dice or spell doesn't work, used: POW x1, PAD x1), The Wizard Ansalom's Globule Wand (roll 6 or higher on two dice, holds enemy for four rounds, five charges), Firefinger Lightning Bolt x5, magical snuffbox (heals four dice's worth of LIFE POINTS, can be used only once per Section)
MONEY AND VALUABLES:
None

Roll of the Dead posted:

Death the fifth: buried under a cave-in

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Mikl posted:

I wonder if there's some way to know which one to choose. Maybe someone has been here before and left us a hint? That would be nice.

Well, I've just gone back and re-read the Ethelbert scroll we got from Pellinore, and it's... less than useful. Beyond warning us of wailing spirits being an insta-death, it mainly just says that it's reasonably safe up here but dangerous on the lower levels.
Let's try going right.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
So we can't go back and try the north exit for loot? :smith:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Next time we die we could.

Anyways, lets go right.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Let's go left! They'll all dump out in the same place anyway and we'll have a laugh about Pip getting all excited.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
*shrug* Right seems fine.

Silent Banana
Aug 24, 2009

Go left, young Pip!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

inflatablefish posted:

Well, I've just gone back and re-read the Ethelbert scroll we got from Pellinore, and it's... less than useful. Beyond warning us of wailing spirits being an insta-death, it mainly just says that it's reasonably safe up here but dangerous on the lower levels.
Let's try going right.

My question was more or less a "wink-wink-nudge-nudge" reminder of the scroll, so good job! :)

Jazzimus Prime posted:

So we can't go back and try the north exit for loot? :smith:

I'll show you what's over there after we're done with the book. However, Ethelbert's scroll specifically said that from the volcanic plateau one road leads to the dragon cavern and the other to certain death, so you can guess what would have happened if we'd gone north :unsmigghh:

By a 3-2 vote, we're going right.

Section 99 posted:

The passageway, which looks as though it has been used fairly often, runs in a two hundred metre stretch to a vast cavern notable mainly for the almost overpowering stench which emerges from it. Your torch soon shows the cause of the smell: the centre of the cavern floor is piled high with dragon droppings. Your hand drops instantly to your sword hilt, but a moment's quick inspection convinces you there are no dragons about at the moment. As you stand in the centre of the cave (just short of the manure heap) there are three exits.

West will take you to 98.
North will take you to 105.
East is almost totally blocked by a large boulder. If you wish to try this direction, roll two dice to find out if you are strong enough to move the boulder. Score 2-6 and it won't shift, so you must choose another way. Score 7-12 and though it's heavy, you manage to shift it sufficiently to squeeze past, in which case go to 102. Note: if you wish to use one of your precious Fireballs here, it will, on a hit, crumble the boulder to dust, allowing you to go to 102.
If you decide to search the heap of dragon dung (what a revolting thought) before leaving this cavern, go to 111.

Pictured: the offending boulder.

Roll: 4 + 1 = 5, it's way too heavy.

So now we have four choices: west to 98, north to 105, east to 102 (after using up a fireball to smash the boulder), or going elbow-deep in dragon dung at 111.

Pip's Stat Block posted:

INVENTORY:
E.J. (hits on a 4 or higher, +5 damage, +10 damage against dragons), dragonskin jacket (-4 damage), leather armour (-2 damage), dagger (+2 damage), food pack, backpack, waterbag, rope (15 metres), torch x12, healing potion x24 (heals two dice rolls), sack x6, climbing spike x12, roll of bandages (15 metres), tinderbox, container of oil, fish hook x12, carpentry hammer, blanket, horn, dragon cavern scroll (head to Section 101 to read it), horseshoe x1
MAGIC:
Pip's First Spellbook (costs 3 LIFE POINTS per spell, maximum 3 uses per spell, need roll 7 or higher on two dice or spell doesn't work, used: POW x1, PAD x1), The Wizard Ansalom's Globule Wand (roll 6 or higher on two dice, holds enemy for four rounds, five charges), Firefinger Lightning Bolt x5, magical snuffbox (heals four dice's worth of LIFE POINTS, can be used only once per Section)
MONEY AND VALUABLES:
None

Roll of the Dead posted:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Let's go poop diving! 111!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Let's go poop diving! 111!

Instakill or goody? Let's find out! +1

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Section 111 posted:

You've found a ring! It fits neatly on the finger of your left hand. The trouble is, now you've tried it, you can't get it off. And it tingles slightly.

A tinglering. Wonder what a tinglering actually does? But never mind that now. Go to 99 and decide where to go from there.

This book really wants us to have a tinglering.

From 99 we have the same options as before:

Section 99 posted:

West will take you to 98.
North will take you to 105.
East is almost totally blocked by a large boulder. If you wish to try this direction, roll two dice to find out if you are strong enough to move the boulder. Score 2-6 and it won't shift, so you must choose another way. Score 7-12 and though it's heavy, you manage to shift it sufficiently to squeeze past, in which case go to 102. Note: if you wish to use one of your precious Fireballs here, it will, on a hit, crumble the boulder to dust, allowing you to go to 102.
If you decide to search the heap of dragon dung (what a revolting thought) before leaving this cavern, go to 111.

We've rolled for the boulder and it's too heavy, so we'll have to smash it if we want to go that way.

Pip's Stat Block posted:

INVENTORY:
E.J. (hits on a 4 or higher, +5 damage, +10 damage against dragons), dragonskin jacket (-4 damage), leather armour (-2 damage), dagger (+2 damage), food pack, backpack, waterbag, rope (15 metres), torch x12, healing potion x24 (heals two dice rolls), sack x6, climbing spike x12, roll of bandages (15 metres), tinderbox, container of oil, fish hook x12, carpentry hammer, blanket, horn, dragon cavern scroll (head to Section 101 to read it), horseshoe x1, :siren: tinglering x1 :siren:
MAGIC:
Pip's First Spellbook (costs 3 LIFE POINTS per spell, maximum 3 uses per spell, need roll 7 or higher on two dice or spell doesn't work, :siren: used: POW x1, PAD x1 :siren:), The Wizard Ansalom's Globule Wand (roll 6 or higher on two dice, holds enemy for four rounds, five charges), Firefinger Lightning Bolt x5, magical snuffbox (heals four dice's worth of LIFE POINTS, can be used only once per Section)
MONEY AND VALUABLES:
None

I realised I forgot to reset the spells used after we died the fifth time, so I did that now.

Roll of the Dead posted:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Go west, young man.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
We can always fireball it later if we run out of options up here. For the time being, let's go west. I hear that life is peaceful there.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Section 98 posted:

The corridor - a natural fissure in the rock by all appearances - twists, turns, widens, then narrows until you have almost lost all sense of direction. (Although your experience suggests it generally runs roughly north-west.) Eventually the passage narrows to such a degree that you are actually forced to turn sideways in order to pass through it.

You are squeezing through the last few metres when you emerge, like a cork from a bottle, into another cavern, larger than the entrance cavern. Marching through this cavern is a contingent of tiny, ugly, large-headed humanoid creatures, each armed with a sword and wearing leather armour. There is no doubt in your mind that you have met up with a party of Rock Trolls. There is a second passage leading out of this cavern to the north,
rather wider than the one by which you entered. But how to reach it?

Your Invisibility spell can work here. If you get your roll and use it successfully, you may creep quietly past the Trolls and leave by the northern passage to 99. But remember this spell can be used only once and you may need it later.
You might try introducing yourself and hoping to convince the Trolls to let you past. If so, go to 103.
You may fancy your chances of hacking them to bits. There are six Trolls in all. Each has 10 LIFE POINTS. They haven't seen you, so you can get in first strike against one of them. The others will, however, strike back in sequence before you can strike again. They hit on 6, with +2 damage on their swords. Their armour, which
isn't very good, will absorb only 1 point of damage you score against them. Get your dice rolling if you pick this option. If you kill the Trolls, you may proceed to 99. If they kill you, it's 14.

:siren: Slight mistake in the book here! :siren:

98 was one of the options we got from the entrance to the Dragon Cave, and evidenty it loops back to 99, which was the direction we took. So now we're at 98, coming from 99, but the book treats it as if we came from the entrance instead!

Technically this means we'd have to get past the Trolls to get to 99 again, but since I'm not 100% evil I'm going to give you a choice: if you really want to we can fight the Trolls, try to talk to them, or burn our invisibility spell; or we can just ignore this mistake, go back to 99, and pick a different direction (north to 105 or east to 102, but using up one of our Fireballs to smash the boulder). The choice is yours.

Pip's Stat Block posted:

INVENTORY:
E.J. (hits on a 4 or higher, +5 damage, +10 damage against dragons), dragonskin jacket (-4 damage), leather armour (-2 damage), dagger (+2 damage), food pack, backpack, waterbag, rope (15 metres), torch x12, healing potion x24 (heals two dice rolls), sack x6, climbing spike x12, roll of bandages (15 metres), tinderbox, container of oil, fish hook x12, carpentry hammer, blanket, horn, dragon cavern scroll (head to Section 101 to read it), horseshoe x1, tinglering x1
MAGIC:
Pip's First Spellbook (costs 3 LIFE POINTS per spell, maximum 3 uses per spell, need roll 7 or higher on two dice or spell doesn't work), The Wizard Ansalom's Globule Wand (roll 6 or higher on two dice, holds enemy for four rounds, five charges), Firefinger Lightning Bolt x5, magical snuffbox (heals four dice's worth of LIFE POINTS, can be used only once per Section)
MONEY AND VALUABLES:
None

Roll of the Dead posted:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Avoid these trolls, otherwise we will have an argument. North to 105.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Oh, OK. 105.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Super-short update today!

Section 105 posted:

You find yourself near the entrance of another cavern. There is, however, a branch passage on your right.

To enter the cavem go to 114.

To take the corridor to your right, go to 120.

Which way should we go?

Pip's Stat Block posted:

INVENTORY:
E.J. (hits on a 4 or higher, +5 damage, +10 damage against dragons), dragonskin jacket (-4 damage), leather armour (-2 damage), dagger (+2 damage), food pack, backpack, waterbag, rope (15 metres), torch x12, healing potion x24 (heals two dice rolls), sack x6, climbing spike x12, roll of bandages (15 metres), tinderbox, container of oil, fish hook x12, carpentry hammer, blanket, horn, dragon cavern scroll (head to Section 101 to read it), horseshoe x1, tinglering x1
MAGIC:
Pip's First Spellbook (costs 3 LIFE POINTS per spell, maximum 3 uses per spell, need roll 7 or higher on two dice or spell doesn't work), The Wizard Ansalom's Globule Wand (roll 6 or higher on two dice, holds enemy for four rounds, five charges), Firefinger Lightning Bolt x5, magical snuffbox (heals four dice's worth of LIFE POINTS, can be used only once per Section)
MONEY AND VALUABLES:
None

Roll of the Dead posted:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Let's go right.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Junpei Hyde posted:

Let's go right.

Sure. +1

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Take the corridor to your right.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Section 120 posted:

The passageway runs due east for a time then curves, first north-east, then, with increasing sharpness, north. You catch a strange odour, a httle hke that of the cattle shed at the home of your adoptive parents, but more pungent and somehow strangely menacing. Nonetheless you press on. Pip is not an adventurer for nothing. What is a little danger between friends ? (S)he who hesitates is lost. Press on regardless...

While such daft thoughts are drifting through your mind, you reach the end of the passage and step directly into another cavern. There is an exit on the north wall, another to the east, and three large brass-bound chests and a small matching casket on the floor some five metres ahead of you. This would be an interesting and intriguing place to explore at your leisure were it not for one thing. Between you and the chests (not to mention the exit passage) is a two metres tall, heavily muscled figure, holding a naked sword. Except you aren't looking at the sword right now, however threatening it might be: you are looking at the figure's head which, incredibly, is that of a bull! You have entered the cave of the MINOTAUR!

What're you doing here, dude? Crete is a long way from here.

Section 120 posted:

'HALT!' bellows the Minotaur, making a curious scraping gesture with his right foot on the floor. 'NO ONE PASSES THIS WAY!'

'Keep your voice down, you silly monster!' you reply, perhaps with more bravado than you actually feel. 'I have no quarrel with you - I'm simply trying to find the Brass Dragon.'

'You?' snorts the Minotaur. 'A little pipsqueak like you looking for the Brass Dragon?'

'I am no pipsqueak,' you answer proudly, 'although my name is Pip. Perhaps you have heard of me?'

The Minotaur shakes his huge head, snorting. 'Can't say I have.'

'Then,' you say, 'you may have heard of the man who sent me - Merlin, the greatest magician in all Avalon.'

'Merlin, is it? I thought he'd be dead of old age by now.'

'Very much alive,' you say quickly, on the principle that jaw-jaw is safer than fight-fight, especially when you're facing anything as tough looking as a Minotaur.

'And you really know him? Personally?'

'Of course.'

The Minotaur stops scraping his foot on the ground. 'Do you think you could persuade him to fix my head?'

'What's wrong with your head?' you ask, wondering if the monster has a headache.

'It's shaped like the head of a bull,' says the Minotaur. 'Hadn't you noticed?'

'Well, yes...' you admit.

The Minotaur sits down on one of the chests and leans his sword against his knee. The great bull's head hangs sorrowfully. 'Most people do,' he remarks. He looks up. 'You don't think I was bom like this, do you?' And before you can answer, he goes on: 'No, of course not. I was a perfectly normal child, good-looking as you are. I lived in Athens - a little Greek village you may have heard of. My head grew like this because I ate too many hamburgers, I think. I'm not altogether sure, but it's the only reason I can think of. All my friends deserted me, and while the King of Crete was decent enough to give me a job for a time guarding his labyrinth, the pay was appalling and eventually I turned it all in to come and skulk here. Do you think Merlin could cure me?'

'I'm sure he could,' you say. 'He's very good at changing the shape of things.'

'If you can get him to do it,' says the Minotaur, 'I'd be ever so grateful.'

'Would you let me pass through your cave unharmed?' you ask warily.

'I can't do that. Anyone who comes in here has to fight me - that's tradition. But we can make it a token fight with no weapons. First one to knock off 10 LIFE POINTS is the winner. If you win, you can go on through: I'll even let you search these chests for anything useful. If you lose, you have to go straight back to Merlin and see about fixing my head - how does that suit you?'

'That's suits me fine!' you say (in some relief). 'Shall we fight now?'

'Yes, let's!' says the Minotaur excitedly, leaping to his feet.

Roll two dice to decide the outcome of the fight. The Minotaur needs a six to hit, exactly as you do since this is a fist fight. First roll decides who gets first strike.

If you win, go to 126.
If you lose, go to 133.

Gotta say, this guy's alright. All the legends depicted him as a bloodthirsty monster, but he's actually not.

Anyways, time for some ol' fisticuffs! Let's fight like gentlemen!

(Since this is a friendly fight I'll assume Pip is going to be sporting and take off his armour.)

Pip's initiative roll: 6 + 2 = 8
The Minotaur's initiative roll: 1 + 2 = 3

Pip attacks! 2 + 3 = 5, a miss.
The Minotaur attacks! 1 + 6 = 7, Pip is hit for 1 LIFE POINT and is down to 31 (1 damage total).
Pip attacks! 3 + 1 = 4, you suck at boxing Pip.
The Minotaur attacks! 5 + 2 = 7, Pip is hit for 1 LIFE POINT and is down to 30 (2 damage total).
Pip attacks! 6 + 1 = 7, the Minotaur is hit for 1 LIFE POINT and is down to whatever-1 (1 damage total).
The Minotaur attacks! 2 + 3 = 5, missed.
Pip attacks! 4 + 3 = 7, the Minotaur is hit for 1 LIFE POINT and is down to whatever-2 (2 damage total).
The Minotaur attacks! 5 + 3 = 8, Pip is hit for 2 LIFE POINTS and is down to 28 (4 damage total).
Pip attacks! 5 + 5 = 10, the Minotaur is hit for 4 LIFE POINTS and is down to whatever-6 (6 damage total, nice punch!).
The Minotaur attacks! 4 + 1 = 5, Pip dodges.
Pip attacks! 2 + 3 = 5, the Minotaur dodges.
The Minotaur attacks! 1 + 3 = 4, Pip dodges.
Pip attacks! 2 + 6 = 8, the Minotaur is hit for 2 LIFE POINTS and is down to whatever-8 (8 damage total).
The Minotaur attacks! 6 + 5 = 11 OUCH, Pip is hit for 5 LIFE POINTS and is down to 23 (9 damage total).
Pip attacks! 5 + 2 = 7, the Minotaur is hit for 1 LIFE POINT and is down to whatever-9 (9 damage total).
The Minotaur attacks! 2 + 2 = 4, Pip dodges and...
Attacks! 3 + 3 = 6, the hit lands but not hard enough to do any damage!
The Minotaur staggers back a few steps, launches forward, and (1 + 1 = 2) misses badly, giving Pip an opening to...
Deliver a roundhouse punch (5 + 2 = 7) straight to the Minotaur's snout, doing 1 damage and knocking him to the floor!

Man, that was nail-biting :suspense: the RNG couldn't decide which way to swing, I guess.

On to 126, to see what's in those chests!

Section 126 posted:

'Well now,' says the Minotaur (a little breathlessly after the fight), 'now that we've got that out of the way, you'd better have a rummage through my belongings. That's traditional too, you know. To the victor the spoils, as young Julius Caesar used to say to me before my head got this way and we stopped speaking to one another. But I'd better warn you, it's been set up so you can only look in two of them: once you do that, the others vanish. A little magic I bought to protect my belongings, you appreciate, except I don't know how to switch it off, so you're stuck with it, I'm afraid. Now we've got three chests and a casket. You can look in any two. So make your choice.'

You stare from chest to chest. They all three look identical. The casket, although much smaller, is of essentially the same design. 'Can't you simply tell me what's in them?' you ask the Minotaur.

But he shakes his great bull's head. 'Tradition, you know he explains sadly. Since there's no way of telling the chests apart, Pip, let's call them 1, 2 and 3.

Open Chests 1 and 3 and go to 135.
Open Chests 1 and 2 and go to 140.
Open Chests 2 and 3 and go to 146.
Open Chest 1 and the casket and go to 143.
Open Chest 2 and the casket and go to 150.
Open Chest 3 and the casket and go to 129.

Which ones should we open?

Pip's Stat Block posted:

LIFE POINTS: :siren: 23/32 :siren:
EXPERIENCE POINTS: :siren: 1 :siren:
INVENTORY:
MAGIC:
MONEY AND VALUABLES:
None

Roll of the Dead posted:

Mikl fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 26, 2015

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Chest 2 and the casket.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Let's pick the ones the game is trying to lead us away from. Open Chest 2 and the casket, 150.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Section 150 posted:

The casket contains a large key. Wonder where that might fit then? The chest is no help: it contains only a bottle clearly marked SNAKE VENOM ANTIDOTE, which may at least come in handy if you're ever bitten by a snake. It tastes horrible, but absolutely neutralises the poison, leaving your LIFE POINTS exactly as they were before the bite. There is enough in the bottle for one dose only.

As the Minotaur predicted, the remaining chests have vanished. There are three passages leading from this cavern. They go to 114, 137 and 128. Take your pick!

Pip's Stat Block posted:

LIFE POINTS: 23/32
EXPERIENCE POINTS: 1
INVENTORY:
E.J. (hits on a 4 or higher, +5 damage, +10 damage against dragons), dragonskin jacket (-4 damage), leather armour (-2 damage), dagger (+2 damage), food pack, backpack, waterbag, rope (15 metres), torch x12, healing potion x24 (heals two dice rolls), sack x6, climbing spike x12, roll of bandages (15 metres), tinderbox, container of oil, fish hook x12, carpentry hammer, blanket, horn, dragon cavern scroll (head to Section 101 to read it), horseshoe x1, tinglering x1, :siren: large key x1, bottle of SNAKE VENOM ANTIDOTE x1 :siren:
MAGIC:
MONEY AND VALUABLES:
None

Roll of the Dead posted:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Uh, 128.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Snake venom antidote! Let's go back to Merlin, get him to give us a time travel spell, and travel back to book 1 when that snake bit us.

Failing that, 128 is as good a choice as any. Is anyone else getting a bit bored of these blind choices? They could have at least given a hint or two where the passages lead.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

inflatablefish posted:

Snake venom antidote! Let's go back to Merlin, get him to give us a time travel spell, and travel back to book 1 when that snake bit us.

Failing that, 128 is as good a choice as any. Is anyone else getting a bit bored of these blind choices? They could have at least given a hint or two where the passages lead.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this particular segment of the book either.

Section 128 posted:

You trip gaily along this passage without a care in the world until you fall down a pit trap.

Roll two dice to determine the damage caused by the fall. Subtract the result from your current LIFE POINTS. If this kills you, go to 14. If you have a rope and spikes in your equipment, you may use them to climb out again. If not, you're stuck: starve for a week then go to 14.

Buying the rope and spikes was a good decision, this is the second time they've saved our lives.

Damage roll: 3 + 1 = 4.

Section 128 posted:

If you get out of the pit, you may proceed. The passage you're in leads to 120 in one direction and 130 in the other.

We've come from 120, which is the Minotaur's chamber, so let's check out 130.

Section 130 posted:

Wow!

This must be your lucky day, Pip. As you step into a cave your torchlight illuminates the largest heap of gems, silver, gold, electrum, jade, ivory and artifacts you have ever seen. There is a king's ransom here, a treasure beyond the wildest dreams of avarice. This cavern makes the Wizard Ansalom's fabled treasure house look like the small-change booth in a second-rate circus. There must be millions Were: maybe billions. Diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, circons, pearls ... hundreds of them, thousands of them just sitting there in a huge pile waiting to be shovelled into a backpack! This must be the legendary Dragon's Treasure - ransom money for freed maidens, treasure trove from ravaged monasteries and castles, all the booty collected over centuries by generations of rampaging dragons. All of it here, all of it just waiting for a brave adventurer hke you. This could make such a difference to your lifestyle, Pip. This could buy you a castle - a dozen castles. This could ... but you know full well what this could do.

:signings:

Section 130 posted:

All you have to do to get it (as much as you can carry, at least, which is still an awful lot) is to persuade the lady with the funny-looking hair to let you take it. The lady with the funny-looking hair? That isn't hair on her head - it's snakes! Could this be the Medusa, the mythical female whose very look turns people to stone? Now you come to mention it, there are several very lifelike statues standing around near the heap of treasure. But think of all that loot, Pip. Think what you could do with it.

First a Minotaur, now Medusa? Did we take a wrong turn somewhere and end up in ancient Greece by mistake?

Section 130 posted:

To grab some of this treasure, you're going to have to fight the Medusa. If you decide to do so, go to 136.

If you feel discretion might be the better part of valour (and who needs loot anyway?) you may use your Invisibility spell to get out of this cave without being seen.

If you don't want to use your Invisibility spell here, you can try creeping out ever so quietly. To find out if you have succeeded, roll two dice. Score 2-6 and you're out without being spotted. Score 7-12 and the Medusa glanced briefly in your direction: go to 14.

The passages out of this cavern lead to 138 and 128.

So to sum up, we have three options: trying to fight Medusa, burning our Invisibility spell to get to 138 (we've come from 128, so no point trying to go back there), or Solid Snaking our way through the chamber. What shall we do?

(Additionally, we could go all the way back to the Minotaur's den and pick a different direction to check out.)

Pip's Stat Block posted:

LIFE POINTS: :siren: 19/32 :siren:
EXPERIENCE POINTS: 1
INVENTORY:
E.J. (hits on a 4 or higher, +5 damage, +10 damage against dragons), dragonskin jacket (-4 damage), leather armour (-2 damage), dagger (+2 damage), food pack, backpack, waterbag, rope (15 metres), torch x12, healing potion x24 (heals two dice rolls), sack x6, climbing spike x12, roll of bandages (15 metres), tinderbox, container of oil, fish hook x12, carpentry hammer, blanket, horn, dragon cavern scroll (head to Section 101 to read it), horseshoe x1, tinglering x1, large key x1, bottle of SNAKE VENOM ANTIDOTE x1
MAGIC:
MONEY AND VALUABLES:
None

Roll of the Dead posted:

Mikl fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 27, 2015

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
LOOOOOOT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balqis
Sep 5, 2011

Get us some of that sweety booty.

By the way, awesome LP. I've been enjoying this in rural Virginia because good signal is rare and WiFi rarer and have been having a great time.

• Locked thread