Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yeah that's the one they got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'd love to find a chunk of land like that to build on. I have the lot next to my house but it would have to be one steep as hell driveway to access it from the road and even worse coming from my main driveway. Concrete is expensive as hell. Doing all the prep work yourself helps a little bit but it's still going to be a huge chunk of the budget. Then add in parking aprons and watch the budget skyrocket.

Yeah, it looks like around a hundred bucks a yard in this area. That's just crete and delivery, not site work and unsure if it includes placement and finishing, it probably doesn't. As for parking aprons, LOL nope! Everything I own is either 4x4 or about to be, except for the Forester which is AWD and getting sold sometime this fall/winter, well before I will ever have money for a shop. It will be on a non paved road, and in the woods, the most it will get is a crushed stone layer over the dirt. I even have a sweet rock crawling test course next to it that also leads to where I want to put the shop, I've rolled my lawn tractor wheeling it back there due to no brakes and a sketchy clutch but haven't taken any jeeps out back. The failed railroad they built in my town a hundred years ago went within 200ft of my property and they dumped all the blasted rock and spoil from a hill cut right there, and it's been there ever since.

(Yet another reason I want to buy that land)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Taco Box posted:

Welp, chest mounts for driving videos suck. It's like a balls-eye view of driving. Ditto for cycling. Oh well, at least I got some exercize. Lifted, ran, and cycled today. Not being drunk all the time has some advantages :unsmith:
I haven't found many things the chest mount is that great for other than maybe something like skiing. I've used it on the trials bike with some success since I'm standing the entire time. Most things I use a adhesive mount or attach it directly to the rollcage/handlebars. Nice work on the not drunk all the time, all that activity should help with the :unsmith: stuff.

some texas redneck posted:

Take the battery out and have them use the tester inside the store. Just trust me on this.
Do this, same for the alternator if it's suspect after checking the battery. I've had good luck with the advance autoparts batteries so far. Crap this just reminded me I wanted to run to advance and have them check am alternator for me. Battery was cracked and leaking badly, I didn't bother to have them test it.

Ok dating older women definitely has it's advantages. She contacted me first, chatted with her for a while last night and this morning she says lets grab lunch. Time for some ice cream :dance:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Ok dating older women definitely has it's advantages. She contacted me first, chatted with her for a while last night and this morning she says lets grab lunch. Time for some ice cream :dance:
is that what the kids are calling it nowadays? :pervert:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gently caress me I caved in and bought a pack.

I've got to get some sort of coping strategy so I can handle this job. This has to be my last pack.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Holy loving chrome balls, you guys weren't kidding. I need to go watch that again. I need a bigger tv and surround sound for when that comes out.

I need a supercharger.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

Holy loving chrome balls, you guys weren't kidding. I need to go watch that again. I need a bigger tv and surround sound for when that comes out.
I'm on Richer Sounds' site looking at HD projectors.

Cakefool posted:

I need a supercharger.
My mate wants me to supercharge the Landie. In fairness, it is the most post-apocalyptic-looking vehicle either of us own.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Fart Pipe posted:

The wierdest draw Ive ever seen was on my 87 Ram. It would kill the battery overnight it was so strong and it ended up being the horn circuit but the horn worked and wasnt beeping all night so I dont know what the gently caress.

One of the young bucks here installed a set of Hella Supertones with the non-waterproof relay pointing contacts upwards. It got flooded with water from driving and then would short out internally when the car was off, burning out batteries and pissing off the ECU. It was something ridiculous like a full 2A draw.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
I saw Mad Max, and it was PERFECT IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE! My soul has been lifted by the immortal Vee Eight to Valhalla!

Uhm... that is all.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

NitroSpazzz posted:

I haven't found many things the chest mount is that great for other than maybe something like skiing. I've used it on the trials bike with some success since I'm standing the entire time. Most things I use a adhesive mount or attach it directly to the rollcage/handlebars. Nice work on the not drunk all the time, all that activity should help with the :unsmith: stuff.

Thanks Man. I'm not gonna lie, going from about a bottle of wine a night minimum, with magnum bottles sometimes getting polished off, is not easy. All of a sudden, the evening seems so long and I can remember it. At any rate, at least I can put down *some* good numbers...

I'd have ridden further, but the park doubles as a reservoir and when it rains the way it has been in Houston, it floods.

I should look up the nutrition facts on wine to see how hosed my 'diet' is...

:stare:
Per bottle(750mL): sutter home moscato :gay:
calories: 635
Carbs: 57g
alcohol: 56.5g
:negative: No wonder I couldn't break 188 on the scale. That would be my nightly take, minimum. gently caress, so I was breaking the budget and breaking the diet. Good job, idiot.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

1500quidporsche posted:

gently caress me I caved in and bought a pack.

I've got to get some sort of coping strategy so I can handle this job. This has to be my last pack.

It's tough, but I've been off for... almost two years now? Something like that? I still grab a pack from time to time when I'm planning on getting loving wasted with friends, but that's only a few times a year. I also find that smoking makes me feel sort of sick these days, unless I'm really drunk.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gave the pack to a coworker. Waste of $15 but I want to quit. Hopefully that wasn't too much of a setback.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

1500quidporsche posted:

Gave the pack to a coworker. Waste of $15 but I want to quit. Hopefully that wasn't too much of a setback.

Sweet tap-dancing christ, are packs really that expensive where you live? I quit because it was stupid and a waste of money and our packs only cost like $4-5 average.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Posting from a renaissance fair....

Turkey legs and titties. So many titties.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

InitialDave posted:

2D, because I really, really dislike 3D, and every time someone pays to see a film in it, it encourages them to carry on doing it.

I've seen it in 3D and 2D and 2D was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr clearer in every respect, it was loving glorious.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
One of the biggest things I'll miss about Phoenix is the Ren fair. It's an amazing way to spend a day. Just hammer $4 beers all day and eat awesome food and watch blacksmiths and jousting and try not to get smacked by the wife too often.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

Sweet tap-dancing christ, are packs really that expensive where you live? I quit because it was stupid and a waste of money and our packs only cost like $4-5 average.

Let me put it this way.

When we were flying back from Italy we ended up on a German budget airline.

As the plane was flying over the Rocky Mountains to prepare to enter Canada, the pilot came onto the horn and went (in the Colonel Klink-est accent you can imagine) "REMEMBER TO BUY ZIGARETTES, IN CANADA THEY ARE VERRRRRRRY EXPENSIVE!!!!"

Then the stewardesses came out with drink carts full of cartons of cigarettes, which happy Germans quickly purchased. One guy in Patagonia hiking gear filled his carryon to the brim with cigs.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 25, 2015

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
When I was in Europe last year I was surprised at the number of people who smoke, especially younger people.

You'd think they would, y'know, not, given how straight up terrible it is for you.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Expensive cigs are a Canadian tradition

:canada:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Why's that? Those and the Trailblazer SS are almost like modern day Cyclones/Typhoons. I've wanted a pickup truck for work for a few years now anyways and it seems like everything on my car is falling apart at ~130,000 miles. It's AWD and low to the ground which I think is cool. Ideally I'd like something AWD/4x4 with a stick but I think the newer Subarus are hideous.

There piles of poo poo with a hosed abs system and power steering lines that are prone to CATCHING SALT and exploding. Also the dash randomly does what the gently caress it wants. Then since your in a rust area the exhaust is gonna start to leak and just gently caress everything. Then the whole gm gives no fucks about a leaky transfer case. Finally when the fuel pump shits the bed it will be to swollen to remove from the tank....:downsgun:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Taco Box posted:

Thanks Man. I'm not gonna lie, going from about a bottle of wine a night minimum, with magnum bottles sometimes getting polished off, is not easy. All of a sudden, the evening seems so long and I can remember it. At any rate, at least I can put down *some* good numbers...

66ft of elevation over 23 miles? Wow, I thought where I lived was dead flat.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

SouthsideSaint posted:

There piles of poo poo with a hosed abs system and power steering lines that are prone to CATCHING SALT and exploding. Also the dash randomly does what the gently caress it wants. Then since your in a rust area the exhaust is gonna start to leak and just gently caress everything. Then the whole gm gives no fucks about a leaky transfer case. Finally when the fuel pump shits the bed it will be to swollen to remove from the tank....:downsgun:

Is that all GM trucks of that year or just the SS model?

Just got outta Mad Max. loving awesome.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meatpimp posted:

66ft of elevation over 23 miles? Wow, I thought where I lived was dead flat.

...and the first picture someone's tagged a section as a climb too. The cheek!

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

1500quidporsche posted:

That's the best way to quit. Worked for most of my friends who've smoked. You get week, you give the pack away. Still better than smoking the loving things though - good on you for going at it!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I think it's just the Trailblazer in general from that vintage, I've never heard of someone having good luck with those cars

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

88h88 posted:

...and the first picture someone's tagged a section as a climb too. The cheek!

Gotta pick your spots in Houston. The closest actual elevation changes are 65 miles away. I remember thinking I was good at cycling until I went riding in Hurst, TX and promptly got my rear end dropped :cripes:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just got it checked at AutoZone. Dead battery. Time to buy a Yellow Top.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Taco Box posted:

I'd have ridden further, but the park doubles as a reservoir and when it rains the way it has been in Houston, it floods.

I should look up the nutrition facts on wine to see how hosed my 'diet' is...

:stare:
Per bottle(750mL): sutter home moscato :gay:
calories: 635
Carbs: 57g
alcohol: 56.5g
:negative: No wonder I couldn't break 188 on the scale. That would be my nightly take, minimum. gently caress, so I was breaking the budget and breaking the diet. Good job, idiot.

Wanna have another Strava follower? I hand out kudos like candy.

Also - $15 bucks a pack for cigarettes? That's expensive? Here they worked out that to cut the rates of smoking, taxing the poo poo out of them works incredibly well. 30 bucks. As a result, I believe Australia has one of the lowest rates of smoking in the world. Tax em more is all I can say, gently caress smoking forever and gently caress those evil companies that make cigarettes.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 25, 2015

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Tusen Takk posted:

I think it's just the Trailblazer in general from that vintage, I've never heard of someone having good luck with those cars

My parents bought an '02 new, and drove it to about 110k when they traded it for a full-size pickup. No major unscheduled maintenance aside from a wheel bearing, IIRC. Theirs was an LS 4wd. In beige.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Jesus holy gently caress..

Wrar posted:

When I was in Europe last year I was surprised at the number of people who smoke, especially younger people.

You'd think they would, y'know, not, given how straight up terrible it is for you.

France especially, i swear the only people that don't smoke in France are a handful of tourists. They seem to start smoking at like 12.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Well gently caress, the holiday pushed back the shipping of all my cooling system parts. ZX2 not going anywhere until Thursday at the earliest. Also I'm selling the dakota on Wednesday.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just ordered a set of Eibach Sport Lines so I can finally put in my new suspension and a Yellow Top battery.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Mooseykins posted:

Jesus holy gently caress..

Insurance will change that to somewhere around 10-20% at most of that bill. The billing system here is just stupid, they bill 10x the allowable rate which the insurance reduces to an 'allowed' rate, but if you don't have insurance you have to fight them to reduce it to a reasonable charge.

It's loving stupid because a fair number of people would probably take a lot better care of themselves if they could just walk into a medical facility and pay cash, at the same rate that insurance companies allow, but instead they charge 10x that and make you fight for it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Locator posted:

Insurance will change that to somewhere around 10-20% at most of that bill. The billing system here is just stupid, they bill 10x the allowable rate which the insurance reduces to an 'allowed' rate, but if you don't have insurance you have to fight them to reduce it to a reasonable charge.

It's loving stupid because a fair number of people would probably take a lot better care of themselves if they could just walk into a medical facility and pay cash, at the same rate that insurance companies allow, but instead they charge 10x that and make you fight for it.

So out of that hilariously ridiculous $35k, how much would you actually have to pay?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Why's that? Those and the Trailblazer SS are almost like modern day Cyclones/Typhoons. I've wanted a pickup truck for work for a few years now anyways and it seems like everything on my car is falling apart at ~130,000 miles. It's AWD and low to the ground which I think is cool. Ideally I'd like something AWD/4x4 with a stick but I think the newer Subarus are hideous.

The interiors fall apart, the transmissions while stout, are horrifically dated compared to every thing else. The Silverado SS is not a true awd transfer cAse, just a center diff that uses the traction control to send the torque around.

It's not a recommended vehicle.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Lame. I was also just freaking out cuz as soon as I catch up on bills I gotta drop $450 on the car and am broke again.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Super Aggro Crag posted:

its all of that style. the trailblazer the buick version the SAAB and I think they made an oldsmobile if I remember right. But they kept poo poo they same for that whole run.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Gotta love the El Ray network, been watching old kung fu movies all day :v:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

SouthsideSaint posted:

its all of that style. the trailblazer the buick version the SAAB and I think they made an oldsmobile if I remember right. But they kept poo poo they same for that whole run.

and an Isuzu, and a GMC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

leica posted:

Gotta love the El Ray network, been watching old kung fu movies all day :v:

My tv doesn't work anymore. We're having a 3-day weekend here and it's killing me. Did a job for a friend on Saturday but i'm bored as gently caress.

It's bad enough i finish work most days between 1pm and 3pm, weekends are boring as poo poo. I wish i had enough work to do 7 days a week.

(Yes, i'm a really fun person.)

• Locked thread