Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I still don't know who Lena Dunham is and I think I'm okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
man these disgusting Christians and their repressive attitudes, this is so surprising. :rolleyes: *puts on classic rock station where almost every band is known to go around the country and wreck tween hymens, some even making songs about it* i am enlightened because of my political orientation.

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Captain von Trapp posted:

Lena Dunham. Non-politican but politically active media figure, underaged incest, exceptionally weird parents, "a long time ago", "kids playing doctor ", etc. It's almost uncanny how seamlessly and symmetrically the respective outrage machines flipped sides.

Yeah, how could I forget Lena. She should be in jail along with Josh Duggar. Also, who believed her story about being raped?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

e: never mind

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I know there where people who came to Lena Dunham's defense but it did not nearly have the professional and organized clout the Duggar or their ilk have. poo poo, half the "liberals" I know hate Lena Dunham.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Did anyone actually defend Lena Dunham

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

afeelgoodpoop posted:

man these disgusting Christians and their repressive attitudes, this is so surprising. :rolleyes: *puts on classic rock station where almost every band is known to go around the country and wreck tween hymens, some even making songs about it* i am enlightened because of my political orientation.

ive got a feeling that night ranger isnt pulling underage trim anymore

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Let me re phrase that does anyone actually like Lena Dunham

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Confounding Factor posted:

I find Lena Dunham dislikable on nearly every level (especially because of the schtick approach she took when talking about the incident with her sister), but she was like 7 at the time of the incident.

So yeah she's awful but it was in the instance she was a child and not in the same category as someone who actually knows what sex is and why groping/fingering, especially siblings, is inappropriate.

if you believe her book the behavior continued up to when she was a teenager.

you shouldn't believe her book because she's totally the type to make up stories of molesting her sister for an "interesting" chapter because she has no sense of right and wrong

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I find sanctimony in general very irritating. This means lots of religious conservatives rub me the wrong way, too. It's just with the religious right, that's kind of the point, whereas you'd think leftists would show a little more worldly sophistication. Instead, they're often the most pompous and self-righteous of all, viz. UVA rape hoax, Trayvon, global warming mania, etc etc.

Yeah, that tends to happen after the other side berates them for decades about morals, god, and goodness only to be some of the lowest scum out there

But no, it's that damned liebrul media :argh:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I find sanctimony in general very irritating. This means lots of religious conservatives rub me the wrong way, too. It's just with the religious right, that's kind of the point, whereas you'd think leftists would show a little more worldly sophistication. Instead, they're often the most pompous and self-righteous of all, viz. UVA rape hoax, Trayvon, global warming mania, etc etc.

Most progressives don't care what people like you think because you're unreachable and will just continue spinning more tone arguments and false equivalencies rather than re-evaluate your own bad behavior. Why do we need you if you're not going to be of any use to us anyway? Why shouldn't we just point and mock you?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
pedofilia bad

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
remember when elizabeth warren came out and said it was totally cool that lena dunham touched her sister's baby vagina?

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
if he had knocked up his sister i wonder if his family would have made her keep the baby

ham_sanitizer fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 25, 2015

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
guys i'm not cool with incest or pedophilia but you know you're kind of reveling in this in a manner i find distasteful

could you revel more tastefully

im not cool with sex with horses either or dogs

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

ham_sanitizer posted:

if he had knocked up his sister i wonder if his family would have made her keep the baby

We all knew the answer is obviously yes.

Some southern nutters will get a gentleman's abortion and keep it quiet, I give the Duggars enough credit to walk the walk, even if the walk is batshit.

crackton
May 9, 2009

ham_sanitizer posted:

You know they would, goddamn sluts being so promiscuous and all. How dare you suggest otherwise? baby killer!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

New Duggar defender, the father in law of one of the sisters Josh molested

http://seewalds.com/grace-greater-than-our-sin/#more-341

quote:

There is blood in the water and the sharks are in a feeding frenzy. Finally, the Duggar family’s opponents have found what they have been eagerly waiting for: shocking revelations of scandal by Jim Bob and Michelle’s firstborn son, Josh.

quote:

There are others that see this episode as a result of sheltering and repressing human desires. They think that had he access to sex education by Planned Parenthood, been allowed to watch edgy Hollywood films, been encouraged to experimentation with a girlfriend, or gotten free condoms from the local school nurse, then none of this would have happened. Right. The stupidity of some people is mind boggling. Fan the flames of youthful lust and you end up with what we have: unprecedented numbers of unwed mothers, millions of abortions, rampant STDs, and the unraveling of the fabric of our whole society. Josh didn’t sin because he was repressed, he sinned because like all of us he is a sinner.

quote:

I want to say that the Seewald family stands with the Duggar family in solidarity. We stand with the unnamed victims of these incidents. Our thoughts and prayers are for you. I want to say to Josh, hang in there, the shame you feel is legitimate, yet Jesus took your shame as he was punished in your place. Rest in his forgiveness and grace. Remember that he gives you his righteousness as a covering for your shame. Let this trial in your life build humility and grace. Don’t be angry at the world for their hatred of you. Show them through your love for them that it is Jesus Christ that made all the difference in your life. I’m rooting for you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

"The stupidity of some people is mind boggling."

This irony actually hurts.

crackton
May 9, 2009

I want to say to Josh, hang in there, the shame you feel is legitimate, yet Jesus took your shame as he was punished in your place. 

So that's how it works.

Hey every one, stop making a fuss. A fictional zombie-carpenter-son-of-virgin called and said it was really him that diddled the sisters. Its all just a misunderstanding .

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
These people remind me of my ex who was sickly suspicious of me cheating because she was cheating all the time.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
someone at a bar told me his fan theory: the dad was the real molester and the son is a patsy. he knows this because the girls' testimony in the report "sounded coached," so he's going down to arkansas to investigate himself. he also had a whole bunch of tattoo's all over his back referencing the book "house of leaves." interesting guy.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

A prerequisite for being a Libertarian is that the brain isn't fully formed so I guess you get a pass on this dumb opinion.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
http://www.tedcruz.com/
lol

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Show them through your love for them...

uh read the police report mr seewald, not the best advice there lmao

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

The Duggers swept the sexual abuse by one of their children under the rug for several years using the influence of their fame, money and religious connections, ensuring that the victims would not get help, justice or likely treatment and probably enforcing that living in an unsafe environment is just a normal thing for girls to deal with, and on top of all that are almost certainly going to get away with it Scott-free, but liberals are pompous and say mean things about Christians so they're the real problem we should be talking about here.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

etalian posted:

I like how Dave Barry made of fun of North Dakota and got a sewer plant named after him as a result.

That's actually pretty sweet because those are extremely valuable and key pieces of infrastructure which do work essential to supporting a first world standard of living. If the waste flushes out of sight and out of mind when I rotate the lever, it doesn't happen magically. Or if there's no back-up into my kitchen sink every other week. For the world to function, a thousand things have to go right every minute. And they have to go right reliably. The Dave Barry sewage treatment plant is one of them. Thank you, Dave Berry, whoever you are, you dependable bastard!

What do you mean by, "worldly sophistication," and what would you change?

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 25, 2015

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

crackton posted:

So that's how it works.

Hey every one, stop making a fuss. A fictional zombie-carpenter-son-of-virgin called and said it was really him that diddled the sisters. Its all just a misunderstanding .

SWeet Zombie jesus!! :wth:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Accretionist posted:

That's actually pretty sweet because those are extremely valuable and key pieces of infrastructure which do work essential to supporting a first world standard of living. If the waste flushes out of sight and out of mind when I rotate the lever, it doesn't happen magically. Or if there's no back-up into my kitchen sink every other week. For the world to function, a thousand things have to go right every minute. And they have to go right reliably. The Dave Barry sewage treatment plant is one of them. Thank you, Dave Berry, whoever you are, you dependable bastard!

What do you mean by, "worldly sophistication," and what would you change?

Grand Forks even invited him to the ribbon cutting ceremony.

Basically if you make fun of North Dakota you will be rewarded.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
If I make fun of Kansas will they fix a portion of their states crumbling infrastructure and name it after me?

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Progressives should be nice and respectful to all, especially to the perpetrators, enablers, and apologists of child molestation. It's in the handbook you guys.

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

If I make fun of Kansas will they fix a portion of their states crumbling infrastructure and name it after me?

Brownback will give you the greatest gift of all, an invitation to his Somalian Warlord-esque fortress to give you the handshake of your life. He will then give you many goats and send you out with his best war boy party to secure precious Guzzleline.

TNG fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 25, 2015

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.

etalian posted:

Grand Forks even invited him to the ribbon cutting ceremony.

Basically if you make fun of North Dakota you will be rewarded.

"No publicity is bad publicity!' - North Dakota and also Mike Huckabee and also Jim Bob Duggar and also other gross people previously mentioned in this thread.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Vacation Tenzin posted:

"No publicity is bad publicity!' - North Dakota and also Mike Huckabee and also Jim Bob Duggar and also other gross people previously mentioned in this thread.

Hey now, people liked True Detective and thought the pedophilic murder cult was really good tv!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

shiksa posted:

remember when elizabeth warren came out and said it was totally cool that lena dunham touched her sister's baby vagina?

Warren didn't, but Salon.com did.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

"We're all sinners..."

Let he who hasn't finger-banged his underage sister cast the first stone, etc., etc.

I'd keep an eye on that guy, he sounds like a loving nonce.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i have murdered and dismembered a hobo and diddled my toddler child and you have dishonored your family by buggering a twink in the bathroom stall

we are all sinners

and equal before the lord

but you deserve to be stoned to death and JAYZUS told me that he forgives me

god bles

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

i have murdered and dismembered a hobo and diddled my toddler child and you have dishonored your family by buggering a twink in the bathroom stall

we are all sinners

and equal before the lord

but you deserve to be stoned to death and JAYZUS told me that he forgives me

god bles

same, except a brown god

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
jesus was fingerbanged for our sins

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Vacation Tenzin posted:

As long as it's hetero they're down with any kind of pube lickity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

you irl posted:

same, except a brown god

Abrahamic God is brown.

Unless TCH was referring to Thor.

• Locked thread