Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eshock
Sep 2, 2004

"Fight, pee, it's the same thing to me."

I didn't know Aldo brought Machida into his camp for this fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
WerdumFace! https://instagram.com/p/30A2JvD0Us/

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

While being aware of the "never bet on MMA" creed, I reckon the odds are pretty good for a sneaky Werdum bet this weekend

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Street Horrrsing posted:

So Aldo got randomly tested by the NSAC, he used the wanderlei defense, and eventually called the brazillian commission, whose president is the doctor that used to prescribe and grant TRT exemptions. All of a sudden, the nsac guy applied for the wrong visa, which is "business" instead of "work" and the sample got thrown down the drain.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/11/8769211/ufc-189-jose-aldo-nac-random-urine-sample-discarded-nac-collector-work-visa-mma-news

Nothing shady there!

That explains this I suppose

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Conor now has ammo if he loses. I don't think there's any way in hell UFC will cancel the fight even if Aldo DOES pop, the money they're going to make is going to be obscene.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bubba getting choked out was one of my favorite MMA moments and the gif still gets me every drat time

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Bubba getting choked out was one of my favorite MMA moments and the gif still gets me every drat time

That season was so much fun :allears:

The best MMA moment is the the guy giving everyone the stink eye drinking his lemonade right?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I liked when hall had a big cry when someone corrected him to 'chef' when he said 'cooker' and he talked about how it made him mad and feel disrespected

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Even funnier seeing him be a huge baby after his last fight. But gotta respect the man for the toe almost falling off incident.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

MA-Horus posted:

Conor now has ammo if he loses. I don't think there's any way in hell UFC will cancel the fight even if Aldo DOES pop, the money they're going to make is going to be obscene.

If you want to be cynical, it would be more likely to believe that an Aldo sample gets delayed for more analysis and comes back dirty after the fight.

If Aldo actually got popped before the fight, as in an actual positive PED test with no chain of custody issues by a reputable lab, results made public, then the fight would be scrapped.

Aldo wouldn't face the new punishments since they aren't in effect yet, but (and I understand we're deep into hypothetical speculation land here) if he's banned at all, even 6 months, he'd be stripped and they'd schedule a fight for the vacant title with Aldo getting a shot at the new champ when he's back.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some filthy PED abuser sneaked into Aldo's gym and peed in all of the test vials he keeps there and the sample was destroyed because of that. No worries guys, nothing shady happening.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Street Horrrsing posted:

So Aldo got randomly tested by the NSAC, he used the wanderlei defense, and eventually called the brazillian commission, whose president is the doctor that used to prescribe and grant TRT exemptions. All of a sudden, the nsac guy applied for the wrong visa, which is "business" instead of "work" and the sample got thrown down the drain.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/11/8769211/ufc-189-jose-aldo-nac-random-urine-sample-discarded-nac-collector-work-visa-mma-news

Nothing shady there!

Good.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
JDS :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f2Tpu66OVw

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

jediguy posted:

While being aware of the "never bet on MMA" creed, I reckon the odds are pretty good for a sneaky Werdum bet this weekend

Bet a large amount against Cain please

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Longer interview here. His continual bagging on Overeem is really funny. Though ugh it makes me kinda sad how badly he wants to fight Cain again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atDKjpWhi8Q

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

I'd pay him to mow my lawn but he'd probably have to tap before finishing the front part.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

MA-Horus posted:

Theres no one at fault here except nsac

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
pederneiras did their job for them

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Jose Aldo posted:

Fight, pee, it’s the same thing to me.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

fatherdog posted:

Not currently. The only openly gay male mma fighter I remember hearing about is Shad Smith, who never made it to the UFC. There is an openly gay female UFC fighter, Liz Carmouche, and I think there might be one other that I can't remember. In boxing there's currently an openly gay male fighter named Orlando Cruz, and Emile Griffith came out as gay after his boxing career. Christy Martin was openly bisexual, and Ann Wolfe is openly gay although I don't recall if she came out before she retired from the ring.

I think Andraste is out as a lesbian.

edit: Beaten by a mile.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I like Werdum so very much, but I want Cain to win much, much more.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
now im rooting for werdum

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Bundt Cake posted:

now im rooting for werdum

I always was.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I like Cain and he's the better fighter but Werdum is cool and it's funny to see Cain & his camp get mad about the semantic definition of his nationality.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like seeing champions lose for whatever reason so I would kinda like to see Werdum win, but I'm more than okay to see Cain run roughshod over him.

I'd very much enjoy a close fight too though. I just want this fight to happen.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
If Werdum beats Cain does he become the lineal UFC / Pride / Strikeforce HW champion and we see our second Triple Crown in one year??

Trast posted:

I think Andraste is out as a lesbian.

edit: Beaten by a mile.
Also that's the name of the Jesus / Joan of Arc figure in Dragon Age not Jessica Andrade...?

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Werdum is going to win because the cartilage in Cain's knees have been replaced with polyfil

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
If he can get Nogueira to tap he can probably explode one of Cain's bad joints with an intense stare.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

If Werdum beats Cain does he become the lineal UFC / Pride / Strikeforce HW champion and we see our second Triple Crown in one year??

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/1...source=facebook

For all your lineal title questions.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

kensei posted:

I always was.

That press conference where he spoke english, portugese, and spanish was hilarious. I think that was when he REALLY one me over. But I am a sucker for elite pajama wrestlerss, too.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I think it's pretty normal not to give your pee to someone with no ID or paperwork and who the local AC has never heard of

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Oh, the Brazilians took the sample anyways and sent it to the Nevada lab. The NSAC is so bad.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

vainman posted:

I think it's pretty normal not to give your pee to someone with no ID or paperwork and who the local AC has never heard of

Yeah

Bundt Cake posted:

pederneiras did their job for them

Yeah

I hope this Ben guy is the mysterious pee collector.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Shumagorath posted:

Also that's the name of the Jesus / Joan of Arc figure in Dragon Age not Jessica Andrade...?

It's a Bioware game, I'm sure Jesus of Arc can be a lesbian there is you want her to be.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I totally forgot that Overeem has had fights since getting KOd by rothwell, i forgot he killed the tall teen and had a tepid win over Roy nelson where he got knocked out in the last couple seconds but won the decision

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

vainman posted:

Oh, the Brazilians took the sample anyways and sent it to the Nevada lab. The NSAC is so bad.

Conor is making a stink about how he got blood and urine tested while Aldo only submitted a urine sample. Wonder if that got lost in all the commotion or if Aldo really never did get blood tested.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Does not include lineal YAMMA champ Daniel Cormier, voted 1

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Does not include lineal YAMMA champ Daniel Cormier, voted 1

I'll mention it to him, but he might consider that lineage dead since King Mo dropped to LHW.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DekeThornton posted:

It's a Bioware game, I'm sure Jesus of Arc can be a lesbian there is you want her to be.

Only after you fix her daddy issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3725568&perpage=40

Here's a gdt for you all

• Locked thread