Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Roosters: 40 minutes of being cunts. Still the easiest team to hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Chalupa Joe posted:

Roosters: 40 minutes of being cunts. Still the easiest team to hate.

40 minutes and 107 years

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

loving hell Hurrell. Either go up for it properly or GTFO, don't block your own player from having a decent crack at a high ball 3m from your own goal-line.

e: is it just me or do passes have to be obnoxiously-obviously forward before the refs call them?

e2: Friend has been absolutely huge tonight.

Thel fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jun 13, 2015

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
That was loving frustrating.

From my seat, it looked like the cunts got all sorts of help from the refs. How did it come across on TV?

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Jono C posted:

From my seat, it looked like the cunts got all sorts of help from the refs. How did it come across on TV?

I didn't see anything unusual tbh. If anything I thought we were a bit lucky on the Hurrell offload for Kata's 2nd. Most of the penalties looked reasonably justified to me. (NB: not the most educated of league fans.)

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

I think the Warriors just ran out of puff and got rolled. The last 15 minutes was loving boring unadventurous play and they got made to pay.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

Yeah it didn't look too bad on TV, except for the part where the cunts won.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress you Warriors >.<

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

I don't ask much Warriors, but beating the Roosters is a minimum. Fucks sake Warriors, you inconsistent fucks.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

In our awesome seats at CBUS, just had Greg Bird chatting to everyone for ten minutes. Doing his best "not a oval office" impersonation.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

In our awesome seats at CBUS, just had Greg Bird chatting to everyone for ten minutes. Doing his best "not a oval office" impersonation.

Could you glass him for us, please? tia

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

Could you glass him for us, please? tia

He's still pretty close, will see if I can find any glass

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

He's still pretty close, will see if I can find any glass

I'll buy you a new phone if you smash the screen and stab him with one of the shards.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Just worked out our seats are literally surrounded by Ridges family. Probably should stop giving him poo poo

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Iajanus, can you tell the Hoff to either learn to pass or get back on the wing? Ta.

E: fucken James Roberts is awesome.

ili fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 14, 2015

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

How the gently caress do you run 95 metres on the last tackle?

Fake edit: 94.5 metres

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Iajanus, can you tell the Hoff to either learn to pass or get back on the wing? Ta.

E: fucken James Roberts is awesome.

I'll see what I can do.

Dogs fans are loud, especially when they're a long way behind

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Ben Ross decided to be a real gem and give some updates on instagram.

this first one is mildly :nms:
http://imgur.com/9YBsS8C

This one though, is definitely, highly :nms:

Seriously, unless you've always wondered what the inside of human arm looks like I wouldn't click

:nms: http://imgur.com/zZLVnBl :nms:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

iajanus posted:

Just worked out our seats are literally surrounded by Ridges family. Probably should stop giving him poo poo

As in Matthew Ridge? I would be careful if I were you, he has priors for spitting on the disabled.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

As in Matthew Ridge? I would be careful if I were you, he has priors for spitting on the disabled.

Ben Ridge, Titans player. We had his entire extended family surrounding us, we had to be careful not to be our usual abusive selves since his dad and co weren't the least imposing people I've ever seen...

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
The Wests Tigers Board announced the resignation of CEO Grant Mayer, effective immediately.

Wests Tigers Chair Marina Go thanked Mayer for his stewardship of the Football Club for the last two years.

“Wests Tigers would like to thank Grant for his diligence and dedication to the Club", Go said.

"We look to take the next step in our evolution and a fresh approach to take us to the next level as a professional, world-class sporting organisation.

"Wests Tigers is looking forward to achieving the goals that are critical for a successful future for the Club, both on-field and off-field.”

Head of Football Phil Moss will be acting CEO until a replacement is found.

Professional search firm Crown & Marks has been engaged to find a replacement.

The Club will be making no further comment at this time.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Looks like we're in for an entertaining Sandow game.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I hope I wasn't the only one watching that game. It was all sorts of fun as long as you weren't heavily invested in either team.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

I hope I wasn't the only one watching that game. It was all sorts of fun as long as you weren't heavily invested in either team.

Whoever loses, we all win. gently caress Melbourne.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Really hope DCE steps up tonight, make or break motherfucker

(He wont though ofc)

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
So Origin 2 tonight :geno:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

DCE will flop, Gus should shut the gently caress up, QLD by 2

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'm tipping Queensland on the basis of Pearce, but it does depend on DCE and Inglis not being poo poo.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Wouldn't count on Inglis not being poo poo, he isn't carrying that knee injury well at all and its been getting worse as the season goes on. That and Morris dominated him in the last game.

I have a feeling that if any magic is gonna win it for Queensland tonight it's gonna come from JT and Will Chambers

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone else really turned off by all this cornball poo poo with all the chipping between the players/media about how much they supposedly hate each other? Gallen's going on like a bloody pro wrestler trying and failing to cut a promo. I guess it fits his image with the steroids and the cheap shots.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

* Confessed drug cheat Paul Gallen

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Anyone else really turned off by all this cornball poo poo with all the chipping between the players/media about how much they supposedly hate each other? Gallen's going on like a bloody pro wrestler trying and failing to cut a promo. I guess it fits his image with the steroids and the cheap shots.

I can't see how he can complain about dirty play based on what he's been doing alongside Bird for so many years.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Gallen's won a State of Origin series so he has every right to talk a lot of poo poo

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

I can't see how he can complain about dirty play based on what he's been doing alongside Bird for so many years.

It's really loving bizarre right? And he seems so earnest about it. Maybe the drugs completely hosed his memory or something.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

cpaf posted:

Gallen's won a State of Origin series so he has every right to talk a lot of poo poo

#oneinarow

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Bring on Nollsy and whoever that other guy was. That was awesome. But where's The Rock gone?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I decided to just watch other TV shows this pregame in lieu of wanting to kill myself listening to channel nine

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am glad that state of origin is hyping loving afl in a half empty cricket ground. It's not like scalpers are able to sell lang park tickets for triple face value due to demand and they could easily sell out a second time for people who care.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I haven't looked yet, is it really that empty? I'd heard it was going to be a big crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

loving hell get on with it. We might as well schedule kickoff for Thursday morning.

• Locked thread