Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't hear anything about me becoming a beast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

imgay posted:

I didn't hear anything about me becoming a beast

well, you came out covered in blood and transformed in front of me, of course you wouldnt just admit that.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least the blood was a positive boon though.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So wait, you

1. Transformed into a beast
2. Got covered in boon granting blood.
3. GG said that had I not been immune to psychological terror I would have been hated for the next 2 game days.

This means that imgay got a boon from the crazy crawlspace dimension and I WOULD HAVE gotten negative thing were it not for my role.

How does this not point to imgay being a badguy?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
like, flavor or not, this flavor is pretty damning for imgay

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's real tough for me to think that GG included a mechanic that could out scum day one based on luck.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

It's real tough for me to think that GG included a mechanic that could out scum day one based on luck.

It seems weird to me but I can only go by what happened, I'd also like to think that GG wouldn't be irresponsible enough to do something like that just randomly for flavor when it could lead to something like this.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

So wait, you

1. Transformed into a beast
3. GG said that had I not been immune to psychological terror I would have been hated for the next 2 game days.

This means that imgay got a boon from the crazy crawlspace dimension and I WOULD HAVE gotten negative thing were it not for my role.

How does this not point to imgay being a badguy?

+/-

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

This is coherent and has meaning.

(no it doesnt)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

It seems weird to me but I can only go by what happened, I'd also like to think that GG wouldn't be irresponsible enough to do something like that just randomly for flavor when it could lead to something like this.

i guess you're right in that it's too important to ignore. i missed a lot of imgay's reaction content so i'ma go reread that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Two go in, one gets a +. the other gets a -, balance is maintained

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

this is just nonsense words thrown together that dont make actual sense

No they are good words that make perfect sense - you are exaggerating and misrepresenting things in order to push a lynch based on a pm you claim to have received.

CapitalistPig posted:

Worked for lady bathory.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

sure from a balance standpoint, but it could just as easily be Earth aligned in the hole = bad effect , whatever the bad guy aligned is in the hole = good effect.

+/- speaks nothing for imgays alignment

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Puntification posted:

Worked for lady bathory.

and she wasnt scum?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Puntification posted:

No they are good words that make perfect sense - you are exaggerating and misrepresenting things in order to push a lynch based on a pm you claim to have received..

I am neither exaggerating nor misrepresenting, I got a pm saying imgay was a monster, how the gently caress is that an exaggeration?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Tremendous Taste posted:

Except it wasn't supposed to be two - we happened to end in a tie - it wasn't the top two most nominated players go. Or do you think that if only one had gone they'd have gotten the boon and hated for two days? And even that doesn't explain the flavor - demons aren't positive in Lovecraft mythos.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think mod adjusted on the fly, if we're gonna setup spec it doesn't make sense that mod would out scum like that

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I do think it's relevant that CPig claimed his role as an archaeologist (and the corresponding horror immunity) before going in the hole and long before imgay claimed that cpig was just hallucinating.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think mod adjusted on the fly, if we're gonna setup spec it doesn't make sense that mod would out scum like that

While this is true, I am struggling with that flavor. It's really bad flavor.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

While this is true, I am struggling with that flavor. It's really bad flavor.

Your reaction is absolutely reasonable and defensible, I just don't agree with it.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Tremendous Taste posted:

Your reaction is absolutely reasonable and defensible, I just don't agree with it.

OK, what about my expanded case to which the flavor was but one part - while you're speccing the setup what mod in their right mind would give the town a resurrection role?! And how do you justify imgay's higher level of shitposting?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kleedrac posted:

OK, what about my expanded case to which the flavor was but one part - while you're speccing the setup what mod in their right mind would give the town a resurrection role?! And how do you justify imgay's higher level of shitposting?

resurrection role? I must have missed that

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Listen, just unvote me, I'm really uncomfortable with all these votes on me right now.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i want imgay to die so i wont unvote. in other news i'm actually not a demon because i'm a good guy, unlike some demons among us who get boons from blood

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

Hey guys that was all a joke, I'm still a human scientist

CapitalistPig posted:

Which would be fine, if I wasn't immune to psychological damage and effects.

this reinforces the idea that this can't be based on misunderstanding, one cpig or gay is probably lying. i don't see the motivation for pig lying as stronger than imgay's need for survival. i dunno

imgay posted:

Kleedrac's policy lynching everyone. Look how scummy he is!

deflection, not very good. maybe this is a joke but it's not a great one.

Kleedrac posted:

As was pointed out I've made two votes and the first was a joke vote based on the whole "Cthulhu F'tagn" thing - I'm not sure how you could see that as anything but a joke vote.

Chili: I can see what you're saying but we recently completed D&D mafia under GG's administration and the events were an integral part of the game granting big boons or crazy hazards to the participants. It is only because that game was so recent and I saw what the events could do that I'm believing C-Pig's claim of what he got back from the event. Well that and;

imgay has always been the kind of player to gently caress around on day one but this time he's reaching new levels of shitposting - it's either a post-restriction (and in a Lovecraft game I'm not ruling it out) or he's going too-big to convince us he's town - it's why I still believe he's a good lynch candidate for today. Look at the facts:
1) He tried claiming (unsolicited) that he can bring people back from the dead - bringing people into the game once removed which is a super-powerful role.
2) He leveraged this claim into saying he should go on every event - claiming that his power has charges based on events which is slightly sensical but then why go day one when there's no one to resurrect yet!
3) He is just randomposting a lot and very much in a "look at all my posts" kinda way - I have very few posts but I'd like to believe I have several good and high content posts.
4) C-Pig has told us that in the results PM from the event he watched imgay turn into a demon - in a Lovecraft game there is no way this is a townie thing to happen!

I think imgay is the right lynch today - it will give us information for tomorrow regardless because of his interactions with C-Pig and others, and I think it's the right move.

i take issue with this post. i know kleedrac has a habit of getting dunked day one, but this doesn't feel genuine.

I think the phrase "...see that as anything other than a jokevote" is something say a lot. Kleedrac isn't under a lot of pressure, so it's strange he's playing defense here.

Coaching Chili on the particulars of gg's setup feels coaching in a way I don't care for, but I guess it's a legitimate point.

Mostly though, I don't like his casing on imgay. It's all very scattershot and feels like it has been justified after the fact. The complaints about 'randomposting' and 'shitposting' are valid or whatever, but why does that mean imgay is scum? The rest is setup and flavor speculation, but in the most broad way possible.

I want to give Kleedrac the benefit of the doubt today because he's often misread, but I don't feel great about him. I'm willing to vote gay, but I'm actually completely sure in my soulguts that Capps is scum.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
btw I'm lynchproof

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hahahaha ##vote imgay

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
imgay was saying we should nominate him because every boon he gets from an event gives him a charge for his "resurrection machine" which can revive dead players.

It's kind of mixed in with all the other bullshit he's been spewing, but he's reiterated the claim a couple of times now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##unvote

Idea actually

I'm p useless as a role, lynch me and imgay can revive me. If he doesn't, he's clearly lied and we lynch him tomorrow.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

##unvote

Idea actually

I'm p useless as a role, lynch me and imgay can revive me. If he doesn't, he's clearly lied and we lynch him tomorrow.

i think we should just try to kill him.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

I am neither exaggerating nor misrepresenting, I got a pm saying imgay was a monster, how the gently caress is that an exaggeration?

I was restating the point of the post you dismissed, it has nothing to do with the pm you may or may not have received.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

i think we should just try to kill him.

we can kill him tomorrow, on the slight chance he's telling the truth that's a big loss

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Kleedrac posted:

Chili: I can see what you're saying but we recently completed D&D mafia under GG's administration and the events were an integral part of the game granting big boons or crazy hazards to the participants. It is only because that game was so recent and I saw what the events could do that I'm believing C-Pig's claim of what he got back from the event. Well that and;

If this is true, I'm pretty unhappy.

As it stands, I'm going to totally disregard the flavor poo poo. I don't want to incorporate that into how I play mafia so I'm just not going to.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

did I remember right that you were bmore, chili, or is it just the av confusing me?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

we can kill him tomorrow, on the slight chance he's telling the truth that's a big loss

if that's really the course of action you want to take then alright, but it seems like a waste of time to be honest.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

if that's really the course of action you want to take then alright, but it seems like a waste of time to be honest.

I'm vt :shrug:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Tremendous Taste posted:

did I remember right that you were bmore, chili, or is it just the av confusing me?

I don't know what that means. I do live in the Baltimore area, if that's what you're asking.

Anyway, I just caught up and boy do I hate everything about this most recent discussion.

I seriously want to get away from it, because if we end up lynching a player for mod reasons, and he's town, we're at a huge deficit tomorrow.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
no thats stupid, thats even stupider than a no lynch on day 1 and i cant imagine that you are suggesting it seriously

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Amnistar, Winged Orpheus, Kleedrac.

These are our good lynch choices today.

If anyone wants me to expand on any or all of these, I will happily to do so. Regardless, we need to shift our conversation away from this fruitless field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chili posted:

I don't know what that means. I do live in the Baltimore area, if that's what you're asking.

Yeah, I wanted to make sure I didn't confuse you for someone else

uranus posted:

no thats stupid, thats even stupider than a no lynch on day 1 and i cant imagine that you are suggesting it seriously

I would trade vt for confirmed scum every day of the week

• Locked thread