Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
the first jfl42 had that honey badger guy doing a live show in a biggish venue that was less than a quarter full and was nearly empty by the end

it was so bad, i'll never see a youtube person again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Youtube fans are pretty exclusively high schoolers and younger right? How do they expect that garbage to do well at a comedy festival

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

nerve posted:

Youtube fans are pretty exclusively high schoolers and younger right?
Yes.

quote:

How do they expect that garbage to do well at a comedy festival

Doesn't need to, just needs to get the fans to get some more ticket sales and talk about the festival.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Is the festival all ages or something?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
miranda sings has done jerry seinfelds interview show and is now booked as a headliner at a big comedy festival. Ive never seen one of her videos but I feel like her 'set' is going to go poorly and i pre-emptively feel bad for her.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
ok here is one of her videos. as of this post its like 2 days old and has well over 10 million views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKpo0v0wIbE

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
holy poo poo

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I love Tim and Eric but they have inspired some of the laziest and worst "alt" comedy of all time.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

rear end Catchcum posted:

Is the festival all ages or something?

Not really, some of the shows are in licensed venues that are all ages but a lot of them are in bars. The headliner shows are all at a big theatre (which, lol at Miranda Sings in the Sony Centre) and the Queen Elizabeth Theatre does most of the mid-size shows, but the rest of the mid-size shows and all of the small ones are at bars basically.

I got through about 45 seconds of that video, holy poo poo.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Haverchuck posted:

ok here is one of her videos. as of this post its like 2 days old and has well over 10 million views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKpo0v0wIbE

rear end Catchcum posted:

I love Tim and Eric but they have inspired some of the laziest and worst "alt" comedy of all time.

This is closer to the title character from an early John Leguizamo film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIp1I5Atr3Q

With a lower budget of course.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
looking forward to her maron interview

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Haverchuck posted:

looking forward to her maron interview

"Tell me, what dark trauma led to you putting your lipstick on like a clown?"

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

She has not only been on the Tonight Show, but the actress herself has guest hosted The View once.

Also been on Grace Helbig's cable show, which I actually had no idea existed. These youtube stars are really blowing up I tell you what.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
upon doing research i dont feel bad for her anymore. shes going to pack that place with teenagers and kill

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I've seen her before, she's not my kind of humor, but she seems to have a lot of fans and isn't hurting anything, so rock on weird girl, get your paper.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
No malice but that poo poo is loving terrible.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
So Lauren Lapkus is GE's new ad spokesperson now, I guess? Here's her ultrasound machine ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BylCsOEfwss

She has several others. I enjoyed all of them, but I'm a huge Lapkus fan, so I may be biased.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Jim Jeffries loving killed it in Royal Oak tonight.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Comfortador posted:

Jim Jeffries loving killed it in Royal Oak tonight.

I was at that show!!!

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Speaking of stand up in SE Michigan, Jen Kirkman is coming to Pontiac next month. I'm worried though because it's at the Crofoot. Last time I was there was for Chelsea Peretti and a guy on the balcony kept taking flash photos over and over and security didn't seem to care or they were just really really slow because it went on for a while and then a lady in the other balcony started screaming at the photo guy to "go back to Birmingham." That and it was February and they had a door that went outside and was right next to the stage open the whole time so it was freezing. Is it always really bad there?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Trujillo posted:

Speaking of stand up in SE Michigan, Jen Kirkman is coming to Pontiac next month. I'm worried though because it's at the Crofoot. Last time I was there was for Chelsea Peretti and a guy on the balcony kept taking flash photos over and over and security didn't seem to care or they were just really really slow because it went on for a while and then a lady in the other balcony started screaming at the photo guy to "go back to Birmingham." That and it was February and they had a door that went outside and was right next to the stage open the whole time so it was freezing. Is it always really bad there?

I've never seen a comedy show there, but the concerts are usually pretty cool.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail is finally coming back for its second season on Comedy Central, and for any of you who have free OnDemand service through your cable company, you might be able to watch the entire first season again for free.

I've never been to L.A. to catch the live show, but I absolutely love the TV show. It captures the energy of being at an intimate stand-up gig better than anything else I've seen, Kumail and Jonah are charming hosts, Emily V. Gordon is adorable, and I love the backstage banter between all the comedians hanging out.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail is finally coming back for its second season on Comedy Central, and for any of you who have free OnDemand service through your cable company, you might be able to watch the entire first season again for free.

I've never been to L.A. to catch the live show, but I absolutely love the TV show. It captures the energy of being at an intimate stand-up gig better than anything else I've seen, Kumail and Jonah are charming hosts, Emily V. Gordon is adorable, and I love the backstage banter between all the comedians hanging out.

I went a couple weeks ago and it's a really good time. Judd appatow dropped in and Andy Kindler sang the entourage theme song.

I think I prefer Hot Tub a little bit more though. LA is amazing for comedy right now.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Sleep away Camp is also a great show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I think I prefer Hot Tub a little bit more though. LA is amazing for comedy right now.

Screw you for stealing Hot Tub from NY :argh:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oddball Festival line up is nice this year. Detroit gets Aziz, Amy Schumer, Jeselnik, Jeff Ross, TJ Miller, and more.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
WaPo Op-Ed Blames Amy Schumer for ‘Inspiring’ Charleston Shooter.

Ain't internet rad?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Any "news" source that includes tweets from random people shouldn't be. Lazy people always try to blame the popular person because it gets their fans/detractors riled up. I doubt anyone believes anything in that terrible article.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Google 'Amy Schumer' and check out the News section.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Megazver posted:

Google 'Amy Schumer' and check out the News section.

Got stuck on images, sorry :(

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

This article is somehow dumber than the one it's talking about which is pretty impressive.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
FYI Todd Barry's Crowd Work Tour special is streaming on Netflix now.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

HEY NONG MAN posted:

FYI Todd Barry's Crowd Work Tour special is streaming on Netflix now.

Not for me it isn't. Dave Attell's new one is though and it's really good.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Might be US only? I haven't confirmed it for myself but I figured his official Facebook page wouldn't lie!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm in the US. Searching for Todd Barry only gets me Louie as a result

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Might be US only? I haven't confirmed it for myself but I figured his official Facebook page wouldn't lie!

His Facebook page says it goes up on July 15.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Oh I can't read then. Five days. Is this at all helpful information?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That Tig doc is gonna be on Netflix July 17th, also. Looking forward to it.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Absolutely. Her special's also out about a month later on the 22nd (I think) of August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If anyone's seen it, is it just sad or is it sad and funny enough for non-fans to enjoy it?