Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Tsyni posted:

Yep, looks like Amy revealed his wings.

gently caress.

Oh, no, wait. He's pulling his feathers out now.

*the Melachim shake their collective heads*

Exploring your body is a part of growing up. Enkidel will start noticing hair growing in places he did not have hair before, and wings in places he did not have wings before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Neraren posted:

Having an extra long, INVISIBLE appendage is going to be a boon in battle, assuming it can exert similar force to our other appendages.

Is there skin under the feathers? Is there feeling in the feathers themselves, or is it in the fleshybits?

*if* they can lift us then they can produce a pretty good whack. Ever been attacked by a goose? Those little bastards hurt beyond all reason for their size.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

At great risk to himself and all those he cares about Enkidel successfully makes off with an invaluable scroll of arcane knowledge.

Amok: Damnit! Where did I put Grandma's soup recipe?!? Can't find it anywhere.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Voting NO to pulling out any feathers right now. If that's even a vote.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Blame not knowing Dad for our super Ur-emo state of mind and self loathing.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
1. D Break them down, have every Ball take as much as they can carry without slowing down too much.
2. G We will do the same with the scrolls; take as much as we can carry conveniently.
3. L
4. Q: Tell the Balls we're taking Snarls for a walk to check the perimeter, try to fly while well away from our men.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

When Enkidel was 11 he asked Tudiya about the voice he heard telling him that a storm was coming and to save for times of hardship. This happened.

quote:

When the adults finish talking, your mother turns to you and says "Sweetling, the king asks if you have ever seen anything flying in the sky which was not a bird, if you have seen birds or other animals act oddly in the summer and if you have ever seen these voices."

Did we ever ask Tudiya what that was about later? You know, when Enkidel was his son and also magistrate and also big time hero in his own right instead of some stupid cannibal kid.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Jester Mcgee posted:

When Enkidel was 11 he asked Tudiya about the voice he heard telling him that a storm was coming and to save for times of hardship. This happened.

Did we ever ask Tudiya what that was about later? You know, when Enkidel was his son and also magistrate and also big time hero in his own right instead of some stupid cannibal kid.

Demons are said to be more active in the summer.

You can take a guess at the flying bit.

Strange voices are a sign of madness or demons.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Diogines posted:

You can take a guess at the flying bit.

Strange voices are a sign of madness or demons.

Ah, so he thought we were crazy or hearing demons. Makes sense considering we had literally just woken up from toothgate.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
1.A
2.G
3.J
4.P

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Diogines posted:

Does anyone ever say why, or is just ... common knowledge?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Vavrek posted:

Suns out, guns out bro

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

SKY COQ posted:

Suns out, guns out bro

That was funny.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vavrek posted:

Turns out that most demons are actually migratory birds.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

the_steve posted:

:golfclap:

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

the_steve posted:

:golfclap:

Remembered something, though:

It kinda looks like Enkidu has wings there.

What if the Enkidu of this world didn't have some magical Club of Flying, he just ... had invisible wings, and came up with a lame excuse?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Vavrek posted:

What if the Enkidu of this world didn't have some magical Club of Flying, he just ... had invisible wings, and came up with a lame excuse?

Our lame excuse now.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Our lame excuse now.

Yes. Absolutely, yes. We need to train a bit more in clubbing, and then claim we have after much training learned Enkidu's secret technique for club-flying.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

John Lee posted:

Yes. Absolutely, yes. We need to train a bit more in clubbing, and then claim we have after much training learned Enkidu's secret technique for club-flying.
"Hey, Ish, everyone! Check this out! *fly*"
We must do this in front of Ish and a lot of people, so Ish has to go along with it. "Yes, Enkidel has gotten good enough with the club to fly with it, he is a great student" I am going to kill that loving idiot!

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Tsyni posted:

I understand why P is winning, but we should really vote to test the wings out at some point. They will surely be useful.

I agree entirely with this, actually. Now just doesn't seem the right time is all, since getting far enough out of sight that the Balls don't notice us flying around would require walking behind a mountain or something. I know a number of votes say to "fly low to the ground," but that assumes a degree of control over our wings which we may or may not actually possess at the moment.

Edit: Well, how about that, I have an avatar now.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Tomn posted:

I agree entirely with this, actually. Now just doesn't seem the right time is all, since getting far enough out of sight that the Balls don't notice us flying around would require walking behind a mountain or something. I know a number of votes say to "fly low to the ground," but that assumes a degree of control over our wings which we may or may not actually possess at the moment.

Lmfao, oh dear :/ Undeserved, Tomn.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

that's a pretty lame avatar and a waste of :10bux: much funnier things could have probably been picked

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I would have gone with :words:

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Tomn posted:

I was thinking night-time, honestly, for being out of sight. I do like the idea of revealing we can fly in public, like at whatever big public reception we might get when we enter Zepath and people ask for our story.

"... and as was my ancestor Enkidu before me, I was blessed with the power of FLIGHT!" *liftoff*

Congratulations and condolences on your avatar.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

SerSpook posted:

that's a pretty lame avatar and a waste of :10bux: much funnier things could have probably been picked

Can the person whose avatar was changed see who did it? I'd be interested in knowing. Maybe it was the same guy who gave... Bularin(?) the Zippy Pinhead avatar.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Ouroborus posted:

Can the person whose avatar was changed see who did it? I'd be interested in knowing. Maybe it was the same guy who gave... Bularin(?) the Zippy Pinhead avatar.

Nope, mods/admins can't really see which account did it either. Don't even need an account to do it.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Ouroborus posted:

It might have been Deadly Ham Sandwich - a while ago he threatened both me and DCBomb with a silly avatar if we didn't shoot him our images for the avatars he wanted to buy us. I DID send him my image, mind you, but apparently his computer went zap or something and he needed the image resent which I, uh, kinda forgot about until now.

If it WASN'T DHS it might be time to get around to it, though.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

My post was meant in good natured jest. I love you Tomn... even if your questions are sometimes a little silly. Do you want me to buy you a gift certificate so you can change it?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Diogines posted:

My post was meant in good natured jest. I love you Tomn... even if your questions are sometimes a little silly. Do you want me to buy you a gift certificate so you can change it?

I hope he doesn't. Red Text is a mark of E-honor. :911:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Also, Zippy the Pinhead is a cultural icon. Tomn's new avatar is lesser in a variety of ways it seems to me. If the effort we're going to be made I feel better choices might have been possible both for image and text.

In other news...

Who do we now think the guy with the ring was? What was he doing there? What is the green glass and where did it come from?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Slaan posted:

I hope he doesn't. Red Text is a mark of E-honor. :911:

Everyone knows you aren't a real goon until you've made someone pissy enough to spend :10bux: on red text. :patriot:

Welcome aboard, Thomn. Cheetos are to the left.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 3, 2015

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
I agree simultaneously that 1) it is a bad red text avatar and 2) you have to keep it because it is a red text avatar. Badge of Honor.

Could have been a lot better though. Could have linked to the time you admitted you were wrong and sang a song about it, for example.

Sogol posted:

Who do we now think the guy with the ring was? What was he doing there? What is the green glass and where did it come from?

Amok seems to have alluded to the fact that it wasn't just his demon spawn that caused the downfall of his city - it was his manpower slowly being consumed by hunger until eventually they couldn't defend themselves against outside threats any longer.

I feel like what happened was they were attacked, that guy and some women and children huddled in this area, someone from the attacking army went supernova and they got trapped in here. Time and the one demon on the loose did the rest.

Seems Amok may have given up at some point and locked himself away before the final battle.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Diogines posted:

I'll have you know that every single question I ask is of vital importance, even if it isn't immediately apparent. You'll see! Some day it'll be of vital importance to know the effects of our wings when trying to sleep on our back, and then you'll see! You'll all see! :argh:

In all seriousness, I don't actually mind the text so much. The image is just a straight-up eyesore, though, on account of being plain ugly. I'll need to have a think about whether I can think up a better image to match the text, or if it'd be better to go with the original concept I sent to DHS, or if I'll leave it as is.

(If anyone's curious, I was originally thinking of Bonemonkey's Ishamal with the text "If you're having El problems I feel bad for you son/You've got 99 questions but I'll answer just one.")

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Go with a Snuls avatar. We need more shar pei's up in this thread to lighten to all the times we get out eyeballs boiled into our skulls.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Tomn posted:

You've got 99 questions but I'll answer just one.

I love this.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Tomn posted:

"If you're having El problems I feel bad for you son/You've got 99 questions but I'll answer just one."

Genius.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tomn posted:

I'll have you know that every single question I ask is of vital importance, even if it isn't immediately apparent. You'll see! Some day it'll be of vital importance to know the effects of our wings when trying to sleep on our back, and then you'll see! You'll all see! :argh:

In all seriousness, I don't actually mind the text so much. The image is just a straight-up eyesore, though, on account of being plain ugly. I'll need to have a think about whether I can think up a better image to match the text, or if it'd be better to go with the original concept I sent to DHS, or if I'll leave it as is.

(If anyone's curious, I was originally thinking of Bonemonkey's Ishamal with the text "If you're having El problems I feel bad for you son/You've got 99 questions but I'll answer just one.")

we really need to start a collection of Bonemonkey's art someplace.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

we really need to start a collection of Bonemonkey's art someplace.

We need a chamber like Amok has

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Don't we have a trophy room in the OP?

We should use it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Task Manager posted:

I agree simultaneously that 1) it is a bad red text avatar and 2) you have to keep it because it is a red text avatar. Badge of Honor.

Could have been a lot better though. Could have linked to the time you admitted you were wrong and sang a song about it, for example.

Amok seems to have alluded to the fact that it wasn't just his demon spawn that caused the downfall of his city - it was his manpower slowly being consumed by hunger until eventually they couldn't defend themselves against outside threats any longer.

I feel like what happened was they were attacked, that guy and some women and children huddled in this area, someone from the attacking army went supernova and they got trapped in here. Time and the one demon on the loose did the rest.

Seems Amok may have given up at some point and locked himself away before the final battle.

Diogines posted:

"We imprisoned them but the burden was too great, we could not resist our foes, remain a great people and lock away our sons. And even without such troubles, time alone would doom us all, it is our nature. We searched and could find no solace and the Melachim turned from us. In despair, my sons sought to consume each other and our people. The Melachim watched and did nothing. When it was finished, I buried those who remained and went to sleep in hope an absent god would return."