Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

RCarr posted:

Ketchup on anything should be punishable by death in my opinion.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

RCarr posted:

Ketchup on anything should be punishable by death in my opinion.

Please don't sully the quality of boiled pig genitals, lips, ears, feet, and assholes served on refined flour buns by adding tomato, garlic, and salt.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 3, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Please don't sully the quality of boiled pig genitals, lips, ears, feet, and assholes served on refined flour buns by adding tomato, garlic, and salt.

As far as I know eggs don't contain pig genitals, lips, ears, feet, and/or assholes?

You should talk to whoever you are buying your eggs from about that.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Please don't sully the quality of idiot bird's ovulation by adding tomatoes, garlic, and salt.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LMBO if you don't put horseradish on steak.

how I eat it. good stuff.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

kcroy posted:

how I eat it. good stuff.

It is known.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Proper steak does not need any sauce and the only additional flavor you should have is the side you're eating with it and occasionally the veggies the cook makes with the steak (onions, peppers) so that they also soak in some of the meat's juices. Have none of you people ever been to a proper steak house? That $15 steak you got at Applebee's doesn't count and it needs sauce because they're doing a mediocre job cooking an average cut of beef.

I want steak now you dicks. :mad:

Amen brother.

I lost hope in humanity for a while when I said that no one should ever ever put any condiment on a steak and some of these lunatics argued.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Steak is overrated.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

TK-42-1 posted:

Steak requires a salt crust while coming to room temp and then a shitload of butter to cook/baste it in. Let it rest and serve as is. If you're not doing it this way you're wrong and I hate you and the cow whose meat you just murdered for the second time will haunt you for life.

salt and butter lol

learn to cook

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Nice to see we're discussing the content of Winds of Winter

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Evil Fluffy posted:

Proper steak does not need any sauce and the only additional flavor you should have is the side you're eating with it and occasionally the veggies the cook makes with the steak (onions, peppers) so that they also soak in some of the meat's juices. Have none of you people ever been to a proper steak house? That $15 steak you got at Applebee's doesn't count and it needs sauce because they're doing a mediocre job cooking an average cut of beef.

I want steak now you dicks. :mad:

What about thin slices of garlic?

Now let's argue over how it should be cooked - warm, pink and bloody in the middle, oh yeah.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Horseradish sauce is also great with fries. And yeah, a steak is good when you don't need extra crap to enjoy it. The only sauce should be its own. And medium rare über alles.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

rejutka posted:

What about thin slices of garlic?

Now let's argue over how it should be cooked - warm, pink and bloody in the middle, oh yeah.

medium rare is the only way

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Make yourself a tomato-garlic salad on the side, better flavour than cooking the stuff.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

rejutka posted:

If it's a high-quality cut of meat, I like it very rare.

Salt and pepper only, please.

Any out there ordering medium-well or worse should know that the cook is going to grab the slightly moldy and grey hunk of beef from the back of the fridge for your dining enjoyment.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

Waht the hell is hamburger sauce
Sauce you put on hamburgers. Duh.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

TommyGun85 posted:

salt and butter lol

learn to cook

I can't read your post through the thick layer of A-1 on your well done steak.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol at all these steaks that don't have ketchup on them.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

AtAt-de-fay posted:

If it's a high-quality cut of meat, I like it very rare.

Salt and pepper only, please.

Any out there ordering medium-well or worse should know that the cook is going to grab the slightly moldy and grey hunk of beef from the back of the fridge for your dining enjoyment.

What the gently caress is a high-quality cut of meat?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol at all these steaks that don't have ketchup on them.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

TK-42-1 posted:

I can't read your post through the thick layer of A-1 on your well done steak.

are you retarded? I was the one saying steaks with no sauce and medium rare are the best.

e: im sorry all these people talking about putting ketchup on steak has got me ina bad mood

TommyGun85 fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 4, 2015

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

A1 is steak sauce of course you're supposed to put it on your steak. just like hamburger sauce on your hamburgers, and cocktail sauce on your cocktails.

LOL if you use butter to cook steak and are not actually Alain Ducasse

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 4, 2015

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

rejutka posted:

Beef is graded in the US according to quality. There are three main ones for regular consumption but others exist for use in dog food and for prisoners.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

rejutka posted:

I, too, can't distinguish a texture difference between a rock solid shank and an almost-liquid filet.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

AtAt-de-fay posted:

Beef is graded in the US according to quality. There are three main ones for regular consumption but others exist for use in dog food and for prisoners.

Did not understand, googled. Marbling, lots of talk and graphs and blah about abundant (lesser or greater) marbling. Whut?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
It's a lot of science stuff I don't get. The gist of it is the amount of fat and its distribution. The more fat and uniform distribution of it earns a higher grade: GURM, for instance, is a restaurant quality tub of poo poo.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

rejutka posted:

Did not understand, googled. Marbling, lots of talk and graphs and blah about abundant (lesser or greater) marbling. Whut?

Did you not see the episode of King of the Hill where Bobby joins the usda approved Texas junior beef judging squad? Because I couldn't figure out what they were talking about either.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

rejutka posted:

Marbling, the amount of fat and how it is distributed through the cut.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

syscall girl posted:

Did you not see the episode of King of the Hill where Bobby joins the usda approved Texas junior beef judging squad? Because I couldn't figure out what they were talking about either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Well yeah, well-done is basically charcoal, which is the enemy of the gods' own gas. It'd be like trying to eat Quentyn "froggy" Martell.

Stop lighting that cigarette over his smoldering corpse like that Bobby. You look like a Frenchman.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
So is foodchat going to be the next few pages of this thread?

Maybe ASoIaF needs a thread in goons with spoons.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Has anyone here had lamprey pie? Is it a real dish?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Shoehead posted:

On 4 March 1953, Queen Elizabeth II's coronation pie was made by the Royal Air Force using lampreys.[37]

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ZShakespeare posted:

Steak is overrated.

I find that all but top-quality meat tends to live and die by the sides and sauce, at which point you might as well have a hamburger.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Shoehead posted:

No, nobody has ever put eels in a pie. What sort of madness would that be?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Shoehead posted:

It's as the great poet once said:
Eels up inside ya
Finding an entrance
where they can
Eels
Eels
Eels

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

mossyfisk posted:

No, nobody has ever put eels in a pie. What sort of madness would that be?

Alright yeah people eat raw fish eggs and poo poo but it's still a pretty exotic dish. Plus lamprey are gross but I'd imagine its like a beef pie but...fishier?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Shoehead posted:

Alright yeah people eat raw fish eggs and poo poo but it's still a pretty exotic dish. Plus lamprey are gross but I'd imagine its like a beef pie but...fishier?

I think it would be more like, you know, a fish pie. Prob tastes p deec with a little Ketchup swagger.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
http://blog.syracuse.com/outdoors/2013/04/post_45.html

quote:

On the other hand, these gruesome-looking creatures are very edible, Rudstam said.

“They have a different taste, like squid. The French eat them with delight. England’s Henry I died while eating a large meal of lampreys,” Rudstam. “And some of the Native American tribes out on the Pacific Coast eat lamprey and are concerned about their decline there.

“They’re not a bad food fish. They hardly have any bones. You cut them into chunks,” he said.

Make fun of GRRM for his other poo poo all you want, but having Lamprey pie appear in his fantasy novel is not that ridiculous. It's exactly the sort of weird delicacy that would show up as the dinner for nobility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Shoehead posted:

Freshwater lampreys pan-fried taste like very greasy sausages, not much of a fish taste at all really.