Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
3 hours to deadline and I can see the cases (as small as they are) against Hazdoc and E-plus. I'm going to lay my vote on Hazdoc for 3 reasons;
1) Hazdoc has one serious post in the game in its entirety
2) Hazdoc's reason to vote me is less reasonable than E-Plus - not that I see what E+ saw in my interaction with LutR but lynching lurkers does make sense
3) Hazdoc is the current leader and we've got 3 hours left :P

##Vote Hazdoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Amnistar and AnonNarc both only have two posts

just sayin' bros

This is weird. Up to this point the thread was literally Wafflechat. Why call people out? Why?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

I'd be fine with voting out lurkers tbh. It's been a very uneventful d1 and people who come in and say 'just kidding guys I'm just SO busy' aren't gonna cut it IMO.

This is also totally garbage, why are we advocating any kind of policy cuddle at all. It's lazy. LAZY.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Real talk, with 3.5 days gone and the vast majority of the game at 5 or less posts (1, at least, would have been prior to game start), you can say the majority of this game is lurking. There's one person with double digit posts and a only a second that is ahead of mod in post count. Holiday weekend and all so you can give or not give as much leeway with that as you want, but we've all contributed to how slow this game has been.

This is ironic considering he calls out votefinder for posting a summary post that says nothing. This is white noise at its finest.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Quidnose posted:

This is also totally garbage, why are we advocating any kind of policy cuddle at all. It's lazy. LAZY.

Well we haven't had many people stirring the pot today. It's not just you, but you calling out laziness in a thread where you have 7 posts is not a ton of fun.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Well that was a fast bandwagon. Now I'm not sure if my vote was right, or just mafia trying to make me out to be a bad guy. At least my vote accomplished something!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Meh. At the time it was suggested there was no content to go on yet. And look, it generated some content.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

This is why I should learn to preview posts before submitting I suppose. Thanks GG, this means we shouldn't vote you to spur you to posting as you'll be back later today before deadline. Which also brings up the other thing I forgot to do:

##Vote AnonymousNarcotics

Get in here and post!

I don't get this post, why are you specifically demanding AN come in and post as opposed to everyone else currently absent in this game? Did I miss something?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Meh. At the time it was suggested there was no content to go on yet. And look, it generated some content.

Why are you defending chaoslord for that post?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidnose posted:

he is not talking about chaoslord. he is talking about me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hazdoc posted:

Well that was a fast bandwagon. Now I'm not sure if my vote was right, or just mafia trying to make me out to be a bad guy. At least my vote accomplished something!

I've never had that many people follow me onto a vote that quickly. It's kind of shocking.

But I guess in fairness we are nearing deadline, so people are trying to put themselves out there.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Well we haven't had many people stirring the pot today. It's not just you, but you calling out laziness in a thread where you have 7 posts is not a ton of fun.

I'm calling out people who are seemingly pretending to generate content while in actuality seem to be testing the waters to see what sticks. I am entirely baffled that anyone has posted anything beyond "let's get some content going, the weekend was long." Calling out specific people for not posting when 2/3rds of the thread has not been here is not fun, you are right.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

This post pinged me as strange from when I first read it. There might be a meta element I don't understand, but it seems like a weird response to Mithross's robosanta wish.

You've got to be kidding me. Mafia can't be an SK, and vice versa. But you know, I'm an easy bandwagon, so let's just vote the guy who got a bunch of random votes on them. You're either bad or evil, and I'll bank on the latter.

##Vote: Ghastly Gangsta

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

he is not talking about chaoslord. he is talking about me.

You're right, misread my own quote.

Why are you defending BottleKnight for that post?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
And just fyi my first vote was mostly a joke. I'm still glad it got this sort of a reaction. This second one is not a joke.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

The post I responded to did not in any way refer to or involve chaoslord.

Please elaborate.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

I am here as well. Have a final interview with Waffle House today! If they put me up full time, I can get my new job and put in my two weeks for my old job at the same time.

I'm okay with a lurker lynch. Otherwise we're basically just stabbing randomly anyways.

PM, why are you excusing this laziness as acceptable.

What is going on in this game, I am literally :psyduck:ing right now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

The post I responded to did not in any way refer to or involve chaoslord.

Please elaborate.

Wrong person, see my edit. My bad.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidnose posted:

I'm calling out people who are seemingly pretending to generate content while in actuality seem to be testing the waters to see what sticks. I am entirely baffled that anyone has posted anything beyond "let's get some content going, the weekend was long." Calling out specific people for not posting when 2/3rds of the thread has not been here is not fun, you are right.

You just said something entirely different from what I said and then said you agreed with me?

For the record, I am not calling you scummy, I am saying that you are being confusing and kind of frantic.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
HOLY poo poo
I thought i was triple posting but jesus christ the amount of posts in the last minutes is staggering.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

So I've been distracted with a lot of world of warships, and I haven't been paying attention. I'm assuming nothing's actually happened yet?

Lynching a lurker sounds... ok, I guess. At least, that's what the MAFIA WOULD WANT as its an easy kill!

##Vote: Kleedrac

This is a dumb joke but I don't believe it is a scummy joke.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

Welcome back to the thread AN
##Unvote

I really dislike this "Kleedrac deigns who is worthy of voting based on if they're here or not" junk. Why is this your tact, Kleedrac?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Someone is going to make the third vote scum vote post or whatever, let me nip that in the bud, I was typing up the post before I saw BK vote.

GG you are far more concerned about how you are looking in this thread than you were from our last game together. What gives.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

Yeah, I don't want to vote Hazdoc today, I'm not feeling it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Wrong person, see my edit. My bad.

Ok, now your question at least makes sense. I wasn't really defending Bottle. I thought along the same lines, I probably even posted as much. And again, it generated actual content. There was nothing before that.

----

I find it odd that you are attacking people for those posts in a weird and rapid fire fashion after having been absent from the thread and not generating content yourself. Is this some kind of performance piece? You say what they did wasn't content, but you yourself didn't provide any either. :shrug:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

You just said something entirely different from what I said and then said you agreed with me?

For the record, I am not calling you scummy, I am saying that you are being confusing and kind of frantic.

I'm being frantic because I'm trying to get all my thoughts down and the questions I have answered before I have to start teaching in 30 minutes because I won't be able to check in and want to feel comfortable with a vote before then.

##unvote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

I find it odd that you are attacking people for those posts in a weird and rapid fire fashion after having been absent from the thread and not generating content yourself. Is this some kind of performance piece? You say what they did wasn't content, but you yourself didn't provide any either. :shrug:

You should know this is how I play, I come in and stream of consciousness my thoughts and drop a lot of questions. Remember DBZ Kai? I was wrong a lot but this is what I do.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Quidnose posted:

This is weird. Up to this point the thread was literally Wafflechat. Why call people out? Why?

Votefinder had posted, we had 0 discussion so far, I wanted to get something going. I mean, it's a holiday weekend, nobody's gonna post.

You may notice we're much more active now though!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Yeah, I don't want to vote Hazdoc today, I'm not feeling it.

I'm feeling a bit weird about it too now.

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

You should know this is how I play, I come in and stream of consciousness my thoughts and drop a lot of questions. Remember DBZ Kai? I was wrong a lot but this is what I do.

Hmmm, fair enough.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

These are the things that I'm pondering:

1. There being no content is not surprising at all, and people being sad there is no content with a deadline looming is also not odd, but the amount of discussion on lurker lynches being a viable option right now is absolutely mind boggling. Town mindset is not "well we'll just cuddle someone I guess" it's "let's get some poo poo going!" There's a whole lot I've quoted that doesn't jive with that mindset, and far too much shrug-placency while feigning frustration at the lack of content.

2. I still don't like GG's weird self-consciousness at this point and would like an answer to why he is doing that, as I have asked.

3. BottleKnight I'm giving you a pass because the last time I was really certain you were scum I was 100% wrong and you are playing the same. But I don't understand some of what you are doing.

4. Kleedrac I don't understand that random AN lurker callout when most of the thread wasn't here and I would like to know why that was the direction you went, especially since you've been trying really hard to drive the narrative from what I can see. You should know better than that, so what gives?

5. Everything else I've mentioned I just am having a hard time wrapping my head around the "and why was this posted" aspect.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

Votefinder had posted, we had 0 discussion so far, I wanted to get something going. I mean, it's a holiday weekend, nobody's gonna post.

You may notice we're much more active now though!

I don't believe you, because you have commented on absolutely nothing other than the Kleedrac/LotR exchange. Please give me your thoughts on basically anything because you are also doing that "driving the narrative" thing that Kleedrac is doing, but in a more "disengaged from everything while prodding stuff" sense.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Kleedrac I'm gonna try to check in as much as I can in the next 2 hours.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Quidnose posted:

I don't get this post, why are you specifically demanding AN come in and post as opposed to everyone else currently absent in this game? Did I miss something?

Quidnose posted:

I really dislike this "Kleedrac deigns who is worthy of voting based on if they're here or not" junk. Why is this your tact, Kleedrac?

Quidnose posted:

4. Kleedrac I don't understand that random AN lurker callout when most of the thread wasn't here and I would like to know why that was the direction you went, especially since you've been trying really hard to drive the narrative from what I can see. You should know better than that, so what gives?

Quidnose posted:

##vote Kleedrac I'm gonna try to check in as much as I can in the next 2 hours.

Quidnose: This is scummy coming from you as you should know what I'm trying to do - I was vote-prodding someone. I wasn't voting someone and walking away - that I could see how it may look scummy. But I was involved - I've been around most of today - and I was prodding AN to post - once AN had posted I removed the prod as it wasn't necessary and Amni had posted in the interim. You're actively trying to blow this out of proportion and given that I'm currently tied for vote leader it looks a bit suspicious.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
While I'm not a huge fan of lurker lynches until poo poo actually hits the fan and lurking is a serious no-no, lynching one now is not a terrible idea either. Admitted I've been doing a terrible job of paying attention to the meat of what people have been saying, if people have been resistant to lynching a lurker they're bad and should feel bad. Lurking is inherently anti-town, as you're not putting your neck out and getting crosshairs put on your head.

Of course, that's the reasoning behind my vote on Kleedrac earlier, to see if somebody would come out and call me on it, or on the flip side, agree with my bad logic and hence be an evil motherfucker themselves. Somehow instead I got bandwagoned with some suspect votes thrown on. Even better, IMO.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
So I can avoid having to be raked over the coals by you like I was in Earthboundfia, where you were scum who had a hardon for me, let me answer your questions to the best of my ability (:newfap:):

Quidnose posted:

GG you are far more concerned about how you are looking in this thread than you were from our last game together. What gives.
I was gone all day and said I would make a case when I got home which I did, it may not be strong, but there's little to go on today and I think you're well on you're way to fabricating another narrative to push your goals and mafiadad the thread.

As for this self-consciousness that you reference I honestly don't have a clue as to what you're talking about... Please explain and I'll get you a better response.

You already appear scummy to me now that you've started this ridiculous inquisitor bit.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Gone all weekend*

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

Quidnose: This is scummy coming from you as you should know what I'm trying to do - I was vote-prodding someone. I wasn't voting someone and walking away - that I could see how it may look scummy. But I was involved - I've been around most of today - and I was prodding AN to post - once AN had posted I removed the prod as it wasn't necessary and Amni had posted in the interim. You're actively trying to blow this out of proportion and given that I'm currently tied for vote leader it looks a bit suspicious.

I still don't understand why you dropped a vote on AN over literally anyone else who wasn't around. Can you explain why you specifically called him out? You literally do not mention him at all before you drop a vote on him. Why him?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Hazdoc posted:

You've got to be kidding me. Mafia can't be an SK, and vice versa. But you know, I'm an easy bandwagon, so let's just vote the guy who got a bunch of random votes on them. You're either bad or evil, and I'll bank on the latter.

##Vote: Ghastly Gangsta

Hazdoc posted:

And just fyi my first vote was mostly a joke. I'm still glad it got this sort of a reaction. This second one is not a joke.

Hazdoc posted:

Of course, that's the reasoning behind my vote on Kleedrac earlier, to see if somebody would come out and call me on it, or on the flip side, agree with my bad logic and hence be an evil motherfucker themselves. Somehow instead I got bandwagoned with some suspect votes thrown on. Even better, IMO.

Perhaps I'm a bit :tinfoilhat: about this but seriously it reads like scum distancing themselves - your vote on me was now a joke? or a gambit? Causing discussion isn't the same thing as generating content. If I were to scumclaim right now as a gambit It would generate a lot of discussion (and a lot of votes on me) but all of that wouldn't be content as the lie makes it all useless! And now your "serious" vote is on GG in what sure looks like an OMGUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

To answer GG:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Please give it time, I'm out of town visiting family. I'll be back home this afternoon, but it's just been a busy extended weekend, at least for me.

You're super concerned here that people will vote you as a lurker when you have no heat on yourself. Why?

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Yes and no, I'm sure other lurkers will spill in. I will be here before and at deadline.

Once again you REALLY want people to know that you are going to contribute.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I will be here and voting before deadline for sure.

...and you repeat that statement.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Someone is going to make the third vote scum vote post or whatever, let me nip that in the bud, I was typing up the post before I saw BK vote.

And finally here you're concerned enough that you're going to look bad for this vote that you make sure to nip in the bud anyone potentially calling you scum. That's weird. I've not seen you do this before. Why?

• Locked thread