Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

zedprime posted:

He's trying to play two sides of the fence: he really intends for the list to shame developers into releasing everything 3d rendered as unlocked, or get Steam to do the shaming job for him by including it in game details. However he's a big baby who can't handle criticism and doesn't want anyone to call him out for making a political curator so he's trying to pass it off as a utilitarian emotionless list so you have stuff like the dire warning that oh no Cloning Clyde is locked to 30.

And as a result it's doing more harm than good. Ethics in games journalism I guess, gotta be objective. lol just lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Has anyone actually bought a game because it was recommended by a curator

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Ok so Metro 2033 had a "point of no return" shop (I think at Polis station) where you could then use military grade rounds without worrying that you were shooting your money away. Does Last Light have something similar? I'm just finishing the "Bandits" level.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Quest For Glory II posted:

No.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
This is what the stupid part is:

Baluders gate top review:

"30 fps lock."

Instead of an actual honest review, it's 30fps.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Only Waifu Hunter.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I have put some games on my wishlist due to a curator but otherwise I have never bought a game based on a curator's opinion. Literally their only use to me is letting me know certain games exist at all. Although nowadays I keep my eyes on the new releases/upcoming page just to see all the bad games coming in so I usually don't miss the good ones anymore.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

I have a demon-based visual novel on my wishlist because a curator mentioned it has yuri in it.

Fight me.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Oh cool, I found out I can unlock Alice: MR's framerate by editing the .ini file.

Thanks Framerate Police.

theultimo posted:

"30 fps lock."

I see an Iwata Head as the top curator and a giant paragraph as the top review. Regardless it's an old rear end game with a legacy, I don't believe that many will be dissuaded from buying an old game because it's graphics are archaic.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 17, 2015

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

theultimo posted:

"30 fps lock."

gently caress me

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
This stupid poo poo has been discussed for 11 pages now, we get it already. Please shut up or rename thread "ToiletShitdick consternation station"

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Koburn posted:

This stupid poo poo has been discussed for 11 pages now, we get it already. Please shut up or rename thread "ToiletShitdick consternation station"

I formally apologise for making GBS threads up the thread further and will no longer post about this issue please accept my apologies koburn

I'm just bored waiting for batman to get fixed

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - :laugh: You've got quite a wait ahead of you.

Koburn posted:

But videogames are important to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

cat doter posted:

I'm just bored waiting for batman to get fixed

I have bad news. You may want to move on.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
So uuhh Street Fighter IV free weekend. With my lovely internet it would take all weekend to download it so best to ask you guys and see if 66% is worth the asking price?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ronnie posted:

So uuhh Street Fighter IV free weekend. With my lovely internet it would take all weekend to download it so best to ask you guys and see if 66% is worth the asking price?

It's the best version of a game that is being played right now on the largest annual fighting game tournament. Yes, it is worth the asking price. If it will make you like or not fighting games, that is another matter altogether.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Koburn posted:

TotalBiscuit gave us one of SA's greatest Comedy Gas Chamber threads, it's only fitting that we keep giving him our continued respect.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
I've finally, thank gently caress, upgraded my internet to a semi-decent download rate, so now I can download something in my steam backlog in a couple of hours rather than a day or so. However, I can no longer find the setting that tells steam my approximate download rate so it's still estimating 10+ hour download times when I start to install something. This is minor, I know, but it is irritating. Anyone have an idea where this setting lives nowadays? It doesn't seem to be set by the "Limit download to" rate.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hobnob posted:

I've finally, thank gently caress, upgraded my internet to a semi-decent download rate, so now I can download something in my steam backlog in a couple of hours rather than a day or so. However, I can no longer find the setting that tells steam my approximate download rate so it's still estimating 10+ hour download times when I start to install something. This is minor, I know, but it is irritating. Anyone have an idea where this setting lives nowadays? It doesn't seem to be set by the "Limit download to" rate.
I think we've progressed beyond manual settings like that.

Doesn't it just figure out the estimate by your average functional download speed? Like gas mileage for a car...it's only accurate once you've gone a ways.

I'm sure it updates your D?L times once you've been downloading for a while, no?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The most important thing about total biscuit is that Titans Souls called him toiletbiscuit and he had a huge crypissbaby tantrum and sent his fans to poo poo up the reviews, so Titan Souls owns

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Eh, the Titan Souls dev pinning that tweet to his fridge and pretending the hate aroused him was just as cringey tbh.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

he should have pinned the steam reviews or the discussions board when everyone was crying that week

The game is alright too, I love boss rush games

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Drifter posted:

Doesn't it just figure out the estimate by your average functional download speed? Like gas mileage for a car...it's only accurate once you've gone a ways.

I'm sure it updates your D?L times once you've been downloading for a while, no?
I think he means the installation splash screen where it gives you a time. I think at account creation it still asks you for your connection speed to make that calculation, but I can understand you forgetting about it because I think the Steam interface devs did too because I can't find it.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
It would be way easier and faster to tag the games that are 60fps. That way you wouldn't have to tag every single game for which high fps is irrelevant and also impossible because it's decades old.

I thought buying games and not playing them was the point of Steam but we've evolved so you can put them in collections without even making a purchase. The new stamp collecting.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

I have bad news. You may want to move on.

but I actually liked the batmobile :smith:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Doesn't look like this was linked yet http://steamcommunity.com/groups/frameratepolice/discussions/0/535150948599894828/#c535150948601363744

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

he should have pinned the steam reviews or the discussions board when everyone was crying that week

The game is alright too, I love boss rush games

Has anyone tried to make a spiritual successor to Alien Soldier yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJNEfPimU40

Probably up there in my top ten.

Between that and Shadow of the Colossus, yeah, there's a good precedent for Boss Rush games.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Guys and as the case may be, you should probably buy Contradiction.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

I hope you guys don't mind self promotion. My little game just got launched on Steam this morning

http://store.steampowered.com/app/280360/

It's a space game where you manage/control a crew and a fleet. SO it's a bit RTS/Strategy. A lot of goons helped me with it so I'm really excited to be able to have it go live!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

yes, but does it run at 60fps?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Mutation posted:

Has anyone tried to make a spiritual successor to Alien Soldier yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJNEfPimU40

Probably up there in my top ten.

Between that and Shadow of the Colossus, yeah, there's a good precedent for Boss Rush games.
Cuphead will probably be up your alley when that comes out.

Orv posted:

Seconding this, Contradiction is a really solid FMV adventure game.

With the return of Tex Murphy, Her Story, and Contradiction I for one embrace the FMV renaissance.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

HardDisk posted:

yes, but does it run at 60fps?

Yes :p

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Orv posted:

FMV meets Phoenix Wright, I'm in

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

HardDisk posted:

Even Mexican novelas are better than than the Brazilian novelas then.

The real money is in Filipino telenovelas, where their superstar's name is literally Dingdong.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

I like 60 fps and 80-90 degrees fov, especially in fps games

Guess I'm video game hitler or something :(

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
New sequel announced, prob not 60 fps.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FreakZoneGames/status/622088512909783041

AVGN adventure 2, a game that surely needed a sequel

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Drifter posted:

Yeah the dynamic time remaining on the download screen is accurate - it's just the initial estimate when you start the install that is off. It's no big deal, like I said, just it's odd you can't change the setting any more.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Coldrice posted:

I hope you guys don't mind self promotion. My little game just got launched on Steam this morning

http://store.steampowered.com/app/280360/

It's a space game where you manage/control a crew and a fleet. SO it's a bit RTS/Strategy. A lot of goons helped me with it so I'm really excited to be able to have it go live!

Why is the OST almost as much as the game itself?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Seventh Arrow posted:

Ok so Metro 2033 had a "point of no return" shop (I think at Polis station) where you could then use military grade rounds without worrying that you were shooting your money away. Does Last Light have something similar? I'm just finishing the "Bandits" level.

You're about half through the game, but in Last Light the very final store will show up when you've completed your mission and returned home. You'll know it because you can trade in anything for anything for free. After that the final battle begins and you can dump what you have left. You can start using them more and more excessively when you find what you're looking for though.

If you don't care about plot at all, the free shop is at D6, but after you've recovered the Dark One you can more or less go nuts, though you don't need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ookiimarukochan posted:

Didn't pick those examples EXACTLY, but done! - I cannot wait until I manage to get to be a higher ranked curator than Freak Futanari!

Might be late to the party here, but you should add more descriptions. DotA for example has no jump button, but it does have some abilities that feature jumping (most obviously Juggernaut's Omnislash). Keep it authentic.

• Locked thread