Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
First things first - gotta hook back up with our ten foot Pole. I think he gave us the name of a bar or inn or something to meet him at. And we definitely owe him a drink for helping us out with the guards a few days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Peebla posted:

First things first - gotta hook back up with our ten foot Pole. I think he gave us the name of a bar or inn or something to meet him at. And we definitely owe him a drink for helping us out with the guards a few days ago.

This and blow all of the 250gc on a weeklong bender getting utterly shitwrecked with our giant foreigner pal and his cronies.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Peebla posted:

This and let's find out where this Tedblad guy lives, we've got a villa to claim!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

This and let's find out where this Tedblad guy lives, we've got a villa to claim!

Yes we have a sweet rear end home base to trash in that weeklong bender

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Travel to a respectable town inn, stay the night and befriend the owner to obtain employment and make inquires about decent small houses for sale. Purchase a small furnished cottage in a decent part of town and keep it in good condition while socializing with the neighbors. Befriend the girl next door and court her, converting to Bilgenalism.

Invite your mother to the wedding, and let her see the stable life you have created. Allow her to name the first grandchild whatever she likes. Join the local tavern goons in Pixie hunts and dryad purges. When the time is right, write a letter to Jeff asking to bury the hatchet and visit your home, to see the kids and your new granite countertops. Enclose a fine Bilgeton whiskey to seal the deal.

When he arrives welcome him warmly and invite him inside. As he steps over the entryway, have James Boned shank him.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 24, 2015

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Ask around if theres an inn that accepts handfuls of teeth as payment.

Edit: You know what? Just find literally anything to spend these teeth on

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 24, 2015

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

This book is hilarious.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

- Find string, Combine teeth and string into a necklace.
- Find Ted's house. Look for an Insignia Ring of some sort.
- Bequeath the house and everything therein to ourself.

I can't remember how much of that is doable, but, I'm voting for as much of that as I can.

Edit: gently caress, looks like we already have a signet ring. Assuming it's Ted's, skip the second item and get straight to having "Ted" give "Us" the house and posessions.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

the_steve posted:

I can't remember how much of that is doable, but, I'm voting for as much of that as I can.

Edit: gently caress, looks like we already have a signet ring. Assuming it's Ted's, skip the second item and get straight to having "Ted" give "Us" the house and posessions.

That ring belongs to Count Hugues "The Mark" of Bilgeton but since he's Tedbald's liege it's probably just as good.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gilganixon posted:

That ring belongs to Count Hugues "The Mark" of Bilgeton but since he's Tedbald's liege it's probably just as good.

All I'm seeing is a perfect opportunity to impersonate a dead man and will all of his hard earned belongings to ourself before any of his family/loved ones/legal beneficiaries realize he's dead and try to collect their inheritance.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Jeff is the leader of ELFSIS

I think you mean Elveqaeda

E:

Thats what the compendium referred to them by if I remember.

E2:

I say we proceed to the Constable's office and get wanted posters of Jeff drawn up immediately! As well as collect our reward for bringing in the vile thief that robbed us.

Also we should inform them to be on the lookout for possible people trying to be impostors of us using stolen garments or possessions that belonged to us to try and pass off as us.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jul 24, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

There's a small majority in favour of tracking down the Pole as a first order of business and then running some elaborate scam where we pretend to be a knight and steal everything he owns. Karol mentioned the Hoary Boar. There are two inns in the town: the Hoary Boar is a sleazy dump and the New Naracourte is far swankier.

The other options so far are to head over to the market and try to buy some stuff with all the gold, teeth and leaves we've been lugging around, or to push our luck and try to get some reward money out of the guards while covering our tracks a bit more (if possible).

I'll check back in a bit.

Al Borland posted:

I think you mean Elveqaeda

E:

Thats what the compendium referred to them by if I remember.

E2:

I say we proceed to the Constable's office and get wanted posters of Jeff drawn up immediately! As well as collect our reward for bringing in the vile thief that robbed us.

Also we should inform them to be on the lookout for possible people trying to be impostors of us using stolen garments or possessions that belonged to us to try and pass off as us.

This book and its various compendiums predate Al-Qaeda by about five years, back then they were the Mujahedeen. I think the author of this series along with most Europeans and Americans had a beef with the Japanese and communists at the time so the elven terrorist group du jour is the Elven Sekigun (エルフ赤軍/ERA).

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Elvish Republican Army
Red Amnish Faction
Elvistan Liberation Organization

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY

Gilganixon posted:

There's a small majority in favour of tracking down the Pole as a first order of business and then running some elaborate scam where we pretend to be a knight and steal everything he owns. Karol mentioned the Hoary Boar. There are two inns in the town: the Hoary Boar is a sleazy dump and the New Naracourte is far swankier.

Let me add to the majority here, and although I don't understand a single word of Polish, I'm pretty sure the Pole did say "Hoary Boar" so that's probably where he's waiting for us, so let's get him some beer ASAP.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Karol seems as good a place to start as any. Good to know someone when you're in an unfamiliar place, even if you don't understand a word they're saying.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Karol for sure. We need to introduce him to James Boned!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
We should also check the Polish embassy at the city for a translator.

MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

the_steve posted:

This, and plan to enter high society as 'Ted', assuming his identity as a upperclass man-about-town. Meet a rich heiress at a party and retire to a life of luxury in a private fort, after a scorched-earth anti-Jeff campaign.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
definitely steal Ted's identity. convince Hugues that you've been Ted all along, he'll believe it when you show him your signet ring and title deed

RC Cola posted:

Also this.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Claven666 posted:

definitely steal Ted's identity. convince Hugues that you've been Ted all along, he'll believe it when you show him your signet ring and title deed

Also this.

Sounds like a solid plan. Also if we tell the guards they're all doing a splendid job and give them raises with someone else's money. Who are they gonna believe to be the real guy? The one paying them more? Or the guy who walks in and would take away their raises?

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008

Claven666 posted:

Also this.

Then get caught up in the game of thones in Bilgeton.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
We can still steal Ted's identity after we meet up with Karol, right? I don't want to bluff these chumps without a 10-foot archaeologist behind us and a skeleton in our knapsack.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Al Borland posted:

Sounds like a solid plan. Also if we tell the guards they're all doing a splendid job and give them raises with someone else's money. Who are they gonna believe to be the real guy? The one paying them more? Or the guy who walks in and would take away their raises?

So buy out the city guard, get a translator for Karl, let him in on the plan to take over the city with a fake name to declare war on Jeff.
And make him your right hand man. Also equal rights for skeletons

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The problem with stealing Ted's life is that people might expect us to do...Ted things.

Whereas, if "Ted" just so happens to leave everything to "Whatever our real name is", then we're free to continue being a lazy piece of poo poo with no marketable skills outside of Elvish Persecution while living high off of Ted's wealth. Plus no needing to cover our tracks when people who know him show up and want to talk or prove we're a fake.

All the good stuff, no chance of responsibility.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

RC Cola posted:

So buy out the city guard, get a translator for Karl, let him in on the plan to take over the city with a fake name to declare war on Jeff.
And make him your right hand man. Also equal rights for skeletons

SKeletons were NEVER second or third class citizens. Always first class!

E:
OP I was looking into these book series and I think I figured out why your finger won't stop bleeding. They used a glue that had similar properties as rat poison to bind it. Also why the books are so scarce a lot of them were recalled because they were afraid children would lick the books or chew on them.

You may want to handle the books with gloves or more care. While it is a small trace amount of the poison. Still...

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 24, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Update
Scan completed. There's still a majority for getting to Karol and then following through with stealing Tedbald's identity or at least finding some way to leech off him. Since this is a multi-step process, I'll make the move that gets us closest to this. Yesterday's scan:

We go to the Hoary Boar, the worst inn in town (26):

Not many options here but I'll leave it up to you guys to work out. However this all shakes out we'll work on the master plan after the tavern is cleared, Anyway not a big update tonight but the old scanner needs a break!

Adventure sheet:

Al Borland posted:

OP I was looking into these book series and I think I figured out why your finger won't stop bleeding. They used a glue that had similar properties as rat poison to bind it. Also why the books are so scarce a lot of them were recalled because they were afraid children would lick the books or chew on them.

You may want to handle the books with gloves or more care. While it is a small trace amount of the poison. Still...

Thanks for the warning but it might be a bit late for me, the infection is spreading :(

the_steve posted:

The problem with stealing Ted's life is that people might expect us to do...Ted things.

This is a valid concern. The elf can't do what he doesn't know - he might be able to trick a few guards but he might get busted if he actually has to meet with his lord at some point. Something to think about for the future anyways

RC Cola posted:

I'll get a Bestiary entry scanned for Poles tomorrow - they come from so far away that you might find one or two of them total in the biggest towns. Certainly no embassies or translators, although a few people could probably speak Polish if they've had a lot of contact with a Pole. Our half-elf can't because he's too lazy or rude to have learned any Polish despite knowing Karol practically all his life.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 25, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gilganixon posted:

I'll get a Bestiary entry scanned for Poles tomorrow - they come from so far away that you might find one or two of them total in the biggest towns. Certainly no embassies or translators, although a few people could probably speak Polish if they've had a lot of contact with a Pole. Our half-elf can't because he's too lazy or rude to have learned any Polish despite knowing Karol practically all his life.

Learn Polish ASAP

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Awesome a Hen party. I say we buy a round of drinks for the dwarven women to get the attention of our friendly 10 ft Pole and maybe conquest some lovely dwarven women tonight.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Al Borland posted:

Awesome a Hen party. I say we buy a round of drinks for the dwarven women to get the attention of our friendly 10 ft Pole and maybe conquest some lovely dwarven women tonight.

Karol is actually an amazing wingman

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Jenkem Delivery posted:

You'll be drowning in dwarf poon tonight the two of you!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Jenkem Delivery posted:

We seduced a bat woman. A literal bat woman. There is so much testosterone coursing through our veins it's pushing excess hair out of our face and we just rolled into town fresh from battle on a caravan if death with the body of an elven bandit lord.

Seducing these de-statured minxes should be a cakewalk and we should act accordingly.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Can we have an old fashioned orgy with these half pint minxes? If so we should totally split roast one with Karol.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Can we have an old fashioned orgy with these half pint minxes? If so we should totally split roast one with Karol.

I think with the size difference of you karol and the dwarf... IT's more of a seasaw...
:barf:

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Yup, gotta get Karol back in the group and then the two of us will tear through the hen party like a couple of foxes.

Either figuratively or I guess by shaking them by their necks until they break and carrying their juicy corpses away to eat later. Whatever.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Can we get the compendium entry on dwarves?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Voting to find Karol and then hit on some hens.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Blizzy_Cow posted:

lmao

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Al Borland posted:

I think with the size difference of you karol and the dwarf... IT's more of a seasaw...
:barf:

Karol gets on his knees the dwarf lady is on a table and we just stand tall and proud. Atleast I think thatll work have no idea how tall we are or how short a dwarf is.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Karol gets on his knees the dwarf lady is on a table and we just stand tall and proud. Atleast I think thatll work have no idea how tall we are or how short a dwarf is.

I just the feeling Karol is happily married to a lovely wife and wouldn't want any part in our carnal sick pleasures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
Find Karol by turning to page 56.

• Locked thread