Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I've been playing Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 for n64. It's pretty fun, I really like messing around with the MMA mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Skunkrocker posted:

EDIT 2: Does Bryan not drink? I imagine being friends with Punk and Cabana he probably doesn't often if at all, which is fine. But look at the way he holds that Miller in the video. That's a really awkward way to hold a beer.

Bryan is Pacific Northwest as gently caress, there's no way he doesn't have strong opinions on craft beer.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Delsaber posted:

Bryan is Pacific Northwest as gently caress, there's no way he doesn't have strong opinions on craft beer.

Wasn't he strictly vegan until his doctors told him that the diet combined with his lifestyle would kill him?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Timby posted:

Wasn't he strictly vegan until his doctors told him that the diet combined with his lifestyle would kill him?

He actually went vegan due to a health issue (not saying that was the proper medical response)

Bryan, 32, went vegan in 2009 after suffering three staff(sic) infections over the course of a year. “My immune system is really weak and the idea was that meats take more energy for my body to process,” he says, “so if you stop eating meat then you have more energy to fight of bacteria

He quit the diet a few years later due to developing a soy allergy:

“I became a vegan for health issues and then I developed a soy intolerance,” he said in an interview with WrestlingInc.com. “So, I’ve been getting really sick lately. it’s a very unmanly way to stop being vegan, to have a soy intolerance. [Laughs.] But I was getting sick all the time, and they were trying to figure out what it was and they found out it was the soy.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

what a maroon

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
soy is murder

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
He doesn't drink. This is really obvious on Total Divas, where everyone is drinking huge glasses of red wine and DB is sipping a water bottle.

If I recall correctly he also didn't take painkillers until very recently.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Great White Hope posted:

News: The non-wrestler for WWE 2k16 has been leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qek2AIfV34

Views: Ahahah this owns

It's weird that this thing is so up to date that Balor is listed as the NXT Champion, but somehow Ambrose is listed as the US Champion.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Phenix Rising posted:

It's weird that this thing is so up to date that Balor is listed as the NXT Champion, but somehow Ambrose is listed as the US Champion.

I think it's more a highest accomplishment kinda deal

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Phenix Rising posted:

It's listing title reigns. When it highlights Daniel Bryan it lists the dates he won the world titles, same for Paige / Divas Title and Ambrose / US Title. Balor just happens to be reigning currently.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ahh totally missed the point on that.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Another Person posted:

that sounds like additional DLC waiting to happen

"Finally, experience the dream match. Robocop vs. the Terminator. Only on WWE2k16. Also, Mugen probably."
2K becomes another Netherrealm, puts at least one guest character in all of their fighting games. Pre-order 2K17 to play as Mike Haggar.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Supersonic Shine posted:

2K becomes another Netherrealm, puts at least one guest character in all of their fighting games. Pre-order 2K17 to play as Mike Haggar.

I want Street Fighter X WWE

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is 2k16 announced for pc

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

You mean Street Fighter X NJPW. Hell, Capcom's done some crossover poo poo with them already, including an inexplicable Phoenix Wright t-shirt.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

minoru suzuki posted:

is 2k16 announced for pc

No. These days PC versions of games budgeted for consoles only come out once all the DLC is released so they can act like they're giving you a deal.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

triplexpac posted:

WWE always goes with the wrong format or outdated brand to bandwagon onto, like Tout or Tapout. So it's more likely we'd see 2k and Sega co-publish WWE vs Eternal Champions.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First screenshot from 2K16: https://instagram.com/p/5s7D-yFUav/

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So excited for artful shots of hats with three-year-old commentary.

Also, when will they realize that having a beautiful looking game doesn't matter if the game plays like poo poo?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This looks like poo poo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

Also, when will they realize that having a beautiful looking game doesn't matter if the game plays like poo poo?

It is gonna be all new commentary because now they will have JBL yelling at Cole and Lawler. So get ready to have even more unbearable commentary. I also just realized they are going to have to a whole lot of new ring introductions now that Justin Roberts is gone. I'm guessing it'll be Lillian and not Eden or JoJo though.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
WWE 2K16, featuring the very best in floating hat tech!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

It is gonna be all new commentary because now they will have JBL yelling at Cole and Lawler. So get ready to have even more unbearable commentary. I also just realized they are going to have to a whole lot of new ring introductions now that Justin Roberts is gone. I'm guessing it'll be Lillian and not Eden or JoJo though.

I don't trust them to actually record new lines for Cole and Lawler. They'll just insert JBL's lines around them.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't trust them to actually record new lines for Cole and Lawler. They'll just insert JBL's lines around them.

Oh god that would actually work too.

"Suplex from behind!"
"This superstar is of an amazing caliber!"
"SOMEONE NEEDS TO STOP THE MATCH FOR GOD SAKES MAGGLE"

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Skunkrocker posted:

Oh god that would actually work too.

"Suplex from behind!"
"This superstar is of an amazing caliber!"
"SOMEONE NEEDS TO STOP THE MATCH FOR GOD SAKES MAGGLE"

"______ squeezing down on the head."

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Well now we get to hear JBL all the time, here, on WWE 2k16! Hell, I look forward to it, he isn't terrible when Vince isn't telling him what to say. And bonus: Maggle!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Phenix Rising posted:

Well to be fair it's a bit harder to show off quality gameplay improvements on Instagram

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Also yeah that screenshot kind of looks like poo poo, but that isn't an angle or closeup they would ever show in gameplay.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I give it better-than-even odds they reuse his commentary from SVR 2006.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

I give it better-than-even odds they reuse his commentary from SVR 2006.

Really doubt that because more than half the people in 2006 wont be in 2K16

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Maybe next year we'll get William Shatner as Capt. Kirk as a preorder bonus?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

KungFu Grip posted:

Really doubt that because more than half the people in 2006 wont be in 2K16

I'm pretty sure "This superstar" will be there.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Davros1 posted:

Maybe next year we'll get William Shatner as Capt. Kirk as a preorder bonus?

Only if Trips shows up to WM 33 in a yellow shirt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I'm pretty sure "This superstar" will be there.

Yeah, go back to playing SVR 06 for half an hour and you'll see how really generic 90% of the commentary was

Actually you should all go back to playing SVR 06 for longer than half an hour because it's genuinely great

I like GM Mode better than anything in the last 7 WWE games

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

The PC versions need commentary mods kind of like the voice packs you could give to bots in the old Unreal Tournament games. Let me have Tom Servo and Bender at the desk.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Phenix Rising posted:

When good-looking screenshots and trailers stop selling more units than gameplay videos. Graphics are what shift copies.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Delsaber posted:

The PC versions need commentary mods kind of like the voice packs you could give to bots in the old Unreal Tournament games. Let me have Tom Servo and Bender at the desk.

This is the tale,
right before the Backlash.
This is the tale, Bryan and Kane!
He tried to kill me with a forklift!
Ole!

Phenix Rising posted:

They have no budget and a 10 month timetable. We're lucky they update the box

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Ahahahahaha! Someone hosed up when they were removing Hogan from Immortals cause I just got the damage card for him.

edit: And the adrenaline card ahahahahahaha!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ShootaBoy posted:

Ahahahahaha! Someone hosed up when they were removing Hogan from Immortals cause I just got the damage card for him.

edit: And the adrenaline card ahahahahahaha!

Hogan is still very much in the game. He still appears as an enemy, you just can't get him at all unless you cheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

I figured that 2K is still working out how to handle the Hogan situation in Immortals and Supercard.

The answer is to replace all Hogans with Pipers, of course.