Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

The Clit Avoider posted:

There's going to be some seriously big albums out in the autumn though.

yeah man I'm pretty hyped for Kanye West too

Gamma Nerd fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

God has nothing to do with it and it's not MY Slayer.

I know, I know. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. It's just such a conditioned response...of course I'm going to see Slayer, even if it's just Kerry King's goatee making faint rustling noises.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I know, I know. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. It's just such a conditioned response...of course I'm going to see Slayer, even if it's just Kerry King's goatee making faint rustling noises.
Slayer is amazing live so you have nothing to be ashamed of.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Gamma Nerd posted:

yeah man I'm pretty hyped for Kanye West too

I was thinking more about Cruciamentum. And I think Season of Mist should have something out by some little Aussie band before the end of the year.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Good Tiger a djent/prog super group was just announced today after being teased on a bunch of other bands websites, Jo and Dez from The Safety Fire, Elliot Coleman from TesseracT, Alex Rudinger from The Faceless and every other band on the planet. Should be really interesting stuff.

http://igg.me/at/goodtiger

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

The Clit Avoider posted:

I was thinking more about Cruciamentum. And I think Season of Mist should have something out by some little Aussie band before the end of the year.

Oh, Ne Obliviscaris's third album? Man, you'd think they'd slow down a little.

(For real though I totally forgot about Destroyer 666)

I'm personally most excited for Mithras to finally release On Strange Loops. There's some other cool stuff on the way but I've been waiting for that album for years.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Clit Avoider posted:

There's going to be some seriously big albums out in the autumn though.

For example, the new Satan: http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/features/2015-07-28/newcastle-s-nwobhm-legends-satan-unveil-a-killer-new-track

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Heads up to Tampa-area folks: Cigar City Brewery has the Oderus Ale on tap right now. Head on down and get what may be your last mouthful from the greatest scumdog that ever was.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

A human heart posted:

Does anyone know anything about the new Belketre material? Apparently it's accessible though the guy's website or something?

It was released on CD through Vordb's label, "Fountain of Darkness" and is available now. The webstore is only accessible through his website, Kaleidarkness, which requires registration/approval. After many years of others distributing/bootlegging his music, Vordb has essentially made his own music available on his own terms, rather than allowing others to handle/distribute it.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

The Clit Avoider posted:

And a new Tyranny album.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Stoat posted:

Might've been posted before, but the new Symphony X is now on Spotify. It's no V, but it's pretty good.

It's very drat good, probably the best they've done since The Odyssey.

The last track is a weird turn for them. They're channeling Dream Theater pretty hard, and it's sort of strange.

Anyways I'm pumped as hell to see them in September. Too bad the venue will be fixed seating :negative:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

symbolic posted:

Slayer is amazing live so you have nothing to be ashamed of.

So Slayer ruled and coincidentally I ran into Karl the man Sanders from Nile lurking by the door on my way out.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

So Slayer ruled and coincidentally I ran into Karl the man Sanders from Nile lurking by the door on my way out.

Greenville's a relatively short drive, plus I remember reading somewhere his dad lives around Asheville.

I used to go to shows there all the time when I lived in Boone; I never ran into Karl Sanders.:saddowns:

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

What were his jorts like

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Hahah....acid wash or white jorts I think and a big rear end shirt. It was really hard trying not to tell him that he was on my mind because we were all just talking about him on a internet nerd forum.

I didn't know his dad lived around here, this is the first time I've seen Karl in town.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Evidently Ron McGovney (original bassist for Metallica) was also in attendance. He currently resides in the Asheville area.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Gamma Nerd posted:

Judicator - At the Expense of Humanity
Surprisingly riffy and progressive for modern power metal, lots of energy too.

This is awesome and gives some BG vibes.

Nordick posted:

Unleash the Archers - Time Stands Still
One of the best cheesy power metal albums in recent years. Great energy and a great female vocalist with some serious pipes. Entertaining as hell.

I seriously cannot get enough of this album right now. This girl has some pipes, and is definitely doesn't hold back like she did some on their last album.

Also nobody mentioned the new Skinless which is pretty sick and probably my favorite recent death metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUOLCncp8jk

edit: also, superpumped about the upcoming Wolfheart
Here's the single
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dcl2Eg_Xi0

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 29, 2015

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Evidently Ron McGovney (original bassist for Metallica) was also in attendance. He currently resides in the Asheville area.

I did not know that, interesting. A while back John Paul Jones from Zepplin was hanging around Western North Carolina, I'm not sure if he still is or if he has a house here.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Hahah....acid wash or white jorts I think and a big rear end shirt.

Is Karl the gooniest guy in death metal?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Not as long as Corpsegrinder is around.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Also Shawn from Putrid Pile

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Gamma Nerd posted:

Is Karl the gooniest guy in death metal?
Harry Conklin from Jag Panzer once literally said the words "thank you for purchasing our product" at me when I bought their lovely DVD on the Iced Earth tour.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Wait nevermind, we have new champions, though the Putrid Pile guy is pretty goony too.

Vulture Culture posted:

Harry Conklin from Jag Panzer once literally said the words "thank you for purchasing our product" at me when I bought their lovely DVD on the Iced Earth tour.

I'm pretty sure Jag Panzer aren't death metal.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Cemetery Rapist, decent name...let's see what this is like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGeVXWW2AJQ

Oh, just your typical death metal murder-core one man band Arkansas white boy gangsta music with pig like vocals?

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Good ol' retard slam, never change

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Gamma Nerd posted:

I'm pretty sure Jag Panzer aren't death metal.
I'm pretty sure I haven't slept in at least eight days.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Currently at Wacken open air. I'm camping at a friend's garden, since he lives in the city, but reports from the festival, which really start tomorrow, suggest it's chaos.
It has rained so much it's all muddy as gently caress. They even asked people not to come today.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Disturbed is dropping their first album in five years on August 21st titled "Immortalized" if anybody cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nW-IPrzM1g

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
No poo poo? Well I better go iron my finest kikwear pipes in anticipation.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Immortan posted:

Disturbed is dropping their first album in five years on August 21st titled "Immortalized" if anybody cares.

I'm not sure any 15 year olds from the 90s read this thread man.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Immortan posted:

Decent album art wasted on a bad band. Reminds me a bit of In Flames' Jester Race cover.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Immortan posted:

Disturbed

It says something when a metal band's best song is a Genesis cover.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A human heart posted:

I'm not sure any 15 year olds from the 90s read this thread man.

I don't think Disturbed was even a thing in the 90s

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don't think Disturbed was even a thing in the 90s
Even when I was really into nu-metal and listened to Deftones and Sevendust constantly I couldn't deal with how bad this band is

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Deftones are actually really good so that's not surprising.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

First time I ever heard of Disturbed was when they were opening for Danzig (and Six Feet Under :3: whom were the main reason I went). The main guy came out in a straight jacket on a dolly with a mask on his face - similar to Hannibal Lechter. Anyways, I didnt know what was going on and thought, "well, if Six Feet Under is the middle band, these guys must be similar". Suddenly the guitars kick in and im like... oook and I hear the now infamous, "ooh-ah-ah-ah-ah".... DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS.

I was wide eyed for a moment and just up and walked out, wandering downtown for a bit until it was done and over with, I gave it 30 minutes and was mostly right.

That's my Disturbed story. Hope you enjoyed it.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Vintersorg posted:

Suddenly the guitars kick in and im like... oook and I hear the now infamous, "ooh-ah-ah-ah-ah".... DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS.

The ooh-ah-ah-ah takes some real skill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMVVUW_nPNA

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Vintersorg posted:

First time I ever heard of Disturbed was when they were opening for Danzig (and Six Feet Under :3: whom were the main reason I went). The main guy came out in a straight jacket on a dolly with a mask on his face - similar to Hannibal Lechter. Anyways, I didnt know what was going on and thought, "well, if Six Feet Under is the middle band, these guys must be similar". Suddenly the guitars kick in and im like... oook and I hear the now infamous, "ooh-ah-ah-ah-ah".... DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS.

I was wide eyed for a moment and just up and walked out, wandering downtown for a bit until it was done and over with, I gave it 30 minutes and was mostly right.

That's my Disturbed story. Hope you enjoyed it.

This was more or less my same exact experience in early 2000 for Danzig's Satan's Child tour. Except I was there to see Danzig and the guys from Hatebreed were all in the audience after arriving too late to play the show. I thought the guys in Disturbed were roadies for a local opening act until they rolled their singer out like Hannibal.

Robophile
Apr 20, 2003

We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire, where Mrs. Buckley lives.

The Clit Avoider posted:

Speaking of which, new Cruciamentum track up:
https://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/cruciamentum-piety-carved-from-flesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
New Ares Kingdom in autumn too. Oh yeah :cool: