Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Exakt is pinging me but I'm busy atm so can't build my case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Look Under The Rock posted:

This is basically your only defense. You are putting an awful lot of stock in it and it's p weak.
The reason I am harping on the bussing thing so much is that the case on me depends on it. If I were scum, then the push I made on MCED, who has flipped scum, would by necessity be a bus, because that's what a bus is. Like why is that so difficult to understand?

quote:

I looked at exakt's history and her pushing for hiipfire strikes me as disingenuous. She didn't consider him much at all yesterday, and only brought him up today after she realized she didn't have a case on me like she wanted. Here's the thing though, I actually think the case is not a bad one. Hiip spent a good bit of time trying to low key defend MCED as he was going down, making the hazdoc case sound stronger than it was, and calling the votes "weak" but tbh his reasoning for calling those votes weak isn't good at all.
So I'm being disingenuous by... Making a good case? I don't get it. I ignored Hiipfire because he's usually null for me one day 1, but once I saw MCED's scum flip, I went back, read, and saw weird interactions there, and then made a case about it.

quote:

Still: beyond making that case, exakt has failed to take much further action besides asking hazdoc to make an alignment call on hiip. She has spent most of her time pushing people to state that they think she was bussing MCED (for what purpose???)
Because, if I were scum, then my push on MCED would have been a bus. People would need to think that I was bussing MCED if they think I am scum.

quote:

She didn't even vote Hiip in her case.
As I said when I made the case on Hiipfire, I read Hazdoc as more scummy, and therefore voted him rather than Hiipfire. You were pinging my gut and very little else, but since then, the way you've been pushing me is fake as poo poo.

quote:

Here's my theory: if there's a MCED-hiipfire-exakt scum team, then Exakt's behavior suddenly makes a lot of sense. In that scenario, she is bussing her second scum teammate in two days while overtly calling attention to the fact that the only way she's scum is if she was aggressively bussing her teammate right out of the gate. However, she's simultaneously pushing hazdoc and making it clear that she'd rather kill him, to the point where she did not lay down a vote on Hiip.
Your theory is bullshit. You're saying that, instead of being town and scumhunting, that I threw basically the hardest of hard busses on a teammate on Day loving One, got him lunched, and then am prepared to do it again day 2? What's my loving endgame there? That I end up one scum with ten people alive? That's loving stupid

quote:

Thoughts?
Yeah, this entire case you're pushing on me for going after Hazdoc is super scummy. I think you just gave yourself away, because you didn't vote me on a case like that. If you flip scum, I think Hazdoc is scum with you.
##vote Look Under The Rock

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

paradoxGentleman posted:

Aww, did you miss me? Or more likely are trying to understand if you want me on the chopping block or not.

My impression (and remember, I am a newbie) is that either you or Hazdoc are scum, and you make a compelling case that it is Hazdoc, who is reacting exactly like you'll expect a cornerered mafioso to act. The implication is that if we kill either of you and it turns out that the condemned was town, we would be' strongly motivated to condemn the other.

What worries me though are all the people who are not posting as much; if one of them is scum then the odds of locating them are low.

Please give me some alignment reads on anyone you're more than 50% on. I want to hear what you have to think, a bit more specifically, about any players in the game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I have an answer now! If you're scum, you're scum with LUTR!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hazdoc posted:

You didn't like him, so ya offed him. Capiche?

This is very funny because I am very fond of having MCED around, but I knew he was scum because he wasn't slapfighting with me! He literally didn't mention me by name once while I was casing the poo poo out of him. He was trying to ignore scumhunting, not trying to distance. If I had called town MCED scum like that, he would have blown up at me! Don't try to accuse me of bussing by implying I dislike another player and am doing it for personal reasons. That's super rude and super off base, especially in this case.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

Exakt is pinging me but I'm busy atm so can't build my case

pls make your case.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

yuming posted:

Wwm reads town to me. Also you are lovely Wok, right? Exakt seems town too.

Yes.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

WWM what do you think of the interaction between me, Hazdoc, and LUTR?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also, I would like to note that there are four players, not including LUTR, who replaced in, with fewer posts than the mod and a dead person:

code:
BottleKnight		22
MC Eating Disorder	22
paradoxGentleman	19
Look Under The Rock	18
HiipFire		18
Horsebanger		15
Epsilon Plus		12
Come on, y'all, what gives! I know two of you are new, but please, speak up!It's like you aren't even playing! EP has twelve posts! Please stop lurking!

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

yuming posted:

Hey guys tell me what you think of Hiip. I feel very strongly about my case.

Would vote.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Alright I'm here. Phone posting but I should be able to make a case decently. EXAKT went through some sort of weird poo poo toward the end of d1 and it was just a strange "let me post whit noise bullshit" thing, for reasons I'm not entirely sure. We start d2, and they are immediately pushing for lutr and hazdoc. The argument on hazdoc makes decent sense, but the minute they are questioned about lutr it's some awkward flailing, some "here's what I was thinking but on second thought" post that is so weak and strange it doesn't fit very well with EXAKTS posting so far this game. They then immediately shift to hiip out of nowhere and try to move past the awkwardness that had occurred. I think it's because lutr had been eying EXAKT already, and EXAKT wanted to try and turn it back. Lutr clearly isn't having this poo poo and makes a case twice over that EXAKT is being sketchy, and then EXAKT responds with basically YEAH SEE SHES SCUM after having basically no case earlier. There was a lot heat on mced pretty quickly during d1, it's not exactly unheard of to early bus a fellow scum mate to create distance If you see it going that way.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oops forgot

##vote EXAKT

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
##vote hiip

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

##vote hiip

I mean if we are gonna talk players who lurk and don't post much content...:v:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

Alright I'm here. Phone posting but I should be able to make a case decently. EXAKT went through some sort of weird poo poo toward the end of d1 and it was just a strange "let me post whit noise bullshit" thing, for reasons I'm not entirely sure. We start d2, and they are immediately pushing for lutr and hazdoc. The argument on hazdoc makes decent sense, but the minute they are questioned about lutr it's some awkward flailing, some "here's what I was thinking but on second thought" post that is so weak and strange it doesn't fit very well with EXAKTS posting so far this game. They then immediately shift to hiip out of nowhere and try to move past the awkwardness that had occurred. I think it's because lutr had been eying EXAKT already, and EXAKT wanted to try and turn it back. Lutr clearly isn't having this poo poo and makes a case twice over that EXAKT is being sketchy, and then EXAKT responds with basically YEAH SEE SHES SCUM after having basically no case earlier. There was a lot heat on mced pretty quickly during d1, it's not exactly unheard of to early bus a fellow scum mate to create distance If you see it going that way.

Dude, I helped start the heat on MCED. That's what I'm saying. The only person who voted for MCED before me was yuming. When he came back and posted, I tried to interact with him and he ignored me, and I consistently pushed for his lunch for the rest of the day. I find it obnoxious that I'm being cased for having a good scumsense on day 1 and pursuing it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

uranus posted:

##vote hiip

derp are you around still?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Well, its been fun playing games with you guys. I was hoping more people would bite on the vote that started for me, but I guess not.

##Vote: Epsilon Plus

I'm a cop, and E+ is scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hazdoc posted:

Well, its been fun playing games with you guys. I was hoping more people would bite on the vote that started for me, but I guess not.

Okay problem solved.

##vote Epsilon Plus

I think the last scum is going to be either Hiipfire or LUTR. If the doctor protects you, you'll be able to hit the other one tonight. I think we have the game pretty close to solved now.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also Hazdoc I apologize for slapfighting with you. I understand now why I thought you were scum.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

EXAKT Science posted:

Also Hazdoc I apologize for slapfighting with you. I understand now why I thought you were scum.

Well, looking back, I realized I have literally no idea why I drew a parallel between you and E+. It was Kashuno who mentioned E+ earlier. I flipped a coin last night between who to investigate, you and E+. I don't know where I pull some of these connections from. Probably my rear end.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hazdoc did you breadcrumb at all?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hazdoc posted:

:drat:

This is the strangest time to claim

##vote e+

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##unvote

Why are you claiming now

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hazdoc posted:

Well, looking back, I realized I have literally no idea why I drew a parallel between you and E+. It was Kashuno who mentioned E+ earlier. I flipped a coin last night between who to investigate, you and E+. I don't know where I pull some of these connections from. Probably my rear end.

Yeah I get it. It just felt like you had information, and that read to me as suspicious.

Kashuno posted:

##unvote

Why are you claiming now

Oh please. We should believe this claim, imo. Scum has literally no reason to fakeclaim cop here.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Kashuno posted:

##unvote

Why are you claiming now

I get the feeling I've gone a little too ham on ignoring people and posting up a storm. Also, I'd rather we get scum today then whiff on a townie and then I inexplicably die. I'm a very paranoid person. I'm also terrible at breadcrumbing. Subtlety is not my forte.

Also, there's the chance E+ flips roleblocker and we have a doc. Then it doesn't matter!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just don't understand is all :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hazdoc posted:

I get the feeling I've gone a little too ham on ignoring people and posting up a storm. Also, I'd rather we get scum today then whiff on a townie and then I inexplicably die. I'm a very paranoid person. I'm also terrible at breadcrumbing. Subtlety is not my forte.

Also, there's the chance E+ flips roleblocker and we have a doc. Then it doesn't matter!

I mean I get claiming closer to deadline, it just seems weird to not give time to see how things shake out for a bit then claim closer to deadline.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'm a little sad I didn't get to use my fake cop breadcrumb:

EXAKT Science posted:

confirming that I received my pm
only vanilla roles in this game, huh?
pretty sure that means we can't win just by fullclaiming day 1 :(

##vote derp for beating me to first post :argh:

But yeah, assuming there's a doctor protect and no roleblock, Hazdoc will get at least one more result. I think we're very close to winning.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

I mean I get claiming closer to deadline, it just seems weird to not give time to see how things shake out for a bit then claim closer to deadline.

Hazdoc maybe you want to answer this, but it seems to me for it to be perfectly reasonable for you to claim here. You've been tunneled like crazy for two whole days and I get that that's exhausting as the cop.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also don't take this as me being like "wow obvious fake claim here" I just like to understand people's train of thought so I can become better at this game :shobon:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hazdoc, do you still think I'm scum?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Kashuno posted:

I feel like having the guilty read is clouding my judgment as well. Perhaps I can focus better with everyone in the loop.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

EXAKT Science posted:

Hazdoc, do you still think I'm scum?

Perhaps. Your early vote on MCED is +town, but as others have said, that doesn't mean much. I'm actually a bit more suspicious of Kash, but I'm probably falling into the tunnel I dug before. I think I'm just gonna lie down for a bit and reread later.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
claiming when you find scum is a totally fine strategy. never know when you'll be night killed. ##vote epsilon

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

Hazdoc could you be a doll and give me alignment reads on Hiipfire, LUTR, and JakeP?

catching up now but the fact that you make this post without doing this yourself looks really bad imho ##vote exakt

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote epsilon

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Sorry for not posting my Twilight Struggle buddy is round and we are getting heavily into it :ussr:

I'll read things in greater detail in a few hours.

Or spin the wheel

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Hazdoc posted:

Lol.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Epsilon Plus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Well, I've had an interesting day. Do I get to defend myself at all?

• Locked thread