Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Setsuna doesn't understand what is strange about that.

PXZ actually has way less text, doesn't it?

Yeah, it doesn't have any real attack text and only one route, compared to the 4 or 5 route splits in the average SRW and the 8 billion attack texts for all the different combinations of pilots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The real question about BX and SD Gundams is if Wizard Nu will still be able to steal all the budget for its own animations like its non-SD version.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's even more in recent SRW games, where you branch into branches, and then have 10 stages different from the other 10 stages because you picked The True Ending or not.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
We live in a world where someone is willing to translate Legend of Heroes: Trails games. I thought the actual problem with post-remake OG was that Sony has/had some policy on console games with voice acting.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

There is no real evidence that Sony had an English voice acting mandate other than Tecmo Koei Europe making that claim about one of the Orochi Warriors games, which is demonstrably false as there have been Japanese-only VAed games with physical retail dating back to PS2 if not earlier. One of which was a game that Tecmo themselves made and published: Trapt!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Caphi posted:

I thought the actual problem with post-remake OG was that Sony has/had some policy on console games with voice acting.

I don't think this was true, even back in the PS2 era games: Disgaea, for instance, had all the generic fighters yelling in japanese and it was released in the west without a hitch.

I'd just chalk the lack of an OGs release as execs being queasy on porting a remake for a niche game that didn't sell all that well in the GBA (poor marketing and release schedule notwithstanding).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I would totally give money to a kickstarter for a translated steam port of the OG games.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What would be the one non-OG game you'd want translated? Z1 is still probably my favorite gameplay-wise, but I heard MX had arguably the best story.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Definitely R. I need to read the game that treated Gundam X so well.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Considering that Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn got a digital release with only text translations, yeah, the VA policy is good and dead and Bandai-Namco knows it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

In my endless rotation of games I never finish, I've gone back to SRW J and reached the endgame. Calvina is still great, the G Dracodeus is super badass and Great Zeorymer was totally worth it. I really should have chosen Brain Powered as a favorite series at the start: the brains are easily the best reals in the game, or at least it seems to me.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The part where Great Zeorymer does a combo attack with itself is the best.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

MonsieurChoc posted:

In my endless rotation of games I never finish, I've gone back to SRW J and reached the endgame. Calvina is still great, the G Dracodeus is super badass and Great Zeorymer was totally worth it. I really should have chosen Brain Powered as a favorite series at the start: the brains are easily the best reals in the game, or at least it seems to me.

Freedom and Justice blow everything else out of the park. There's a reason they started making the METEORs combination attacks.

Meanwhile, for the rest of the game the Sword Skygrasper is for real incredible. All the Brains really have going for them is a glut of combo attacks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

The part where Great Zeorymer does a combo attack with itself is the best.

"Let's use the attack of those two bozos!"
"Okay!"
*Splits in two, does combo attack with itself*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGBZUJIWPTM

Because when your mecha is that powerful, it can just do stuff.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Freedom and Justice blow everything else out of the park. There's a reason they started making the METEORs combination attacks.

Meanwhile, for the rest of the game the Sword Skygrasper is for real incredible. All the Brains really have going for them is a glut of combo attacks.

I guess I haven't used them enough to really notice. Brains have been great all game though, thanks to stacking so much stuff in them (hp and en regen, barriers, teleport, combo attacks, the antibody skill...)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

"Let's use the attack of those two bozos!"
"Okay!"
*Splits in two, does combo attack with itself*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGBZUJIWPTM

Because when your mecha is that powerful, it can just do stuff.

The best part being that it's one of his weakest attacks and you'll never use it because built in large energy regen.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BlitzBlast posted:

All the Brains really have going for them is a glut of combo attacks.
They also have A ranks in every terrain, which is handy.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I guess I haven't used them enough to really notice. Brains have been great all game though, thanks to stacking so much stuff in them (hp and en regen, barriers, teleport, combo attacks, the antibody skill...)

They're just so boring. They're worse than the Aestivalises in terms of variety, because at least the Aestis have different frames, but for the most part the Brains are all identical.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah, thanks to some oddities in J's design, the Skygraspers are legitimately better units than the Strike for a long period of the game, especially if you go Aile Strike, Launcher Skygrasper and Sword Skygrasper.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hunter Noventa posted:

They're just so boring. They're worse than the Aestivalises in terms of variety, because at least the Aestis have different frames, but for the most part the Brains are all identical.

I dunno what to say. My mainstay team so far is Mazinkaiser, Great Zeorymer, Hime + Nelly Brain, Dancouga, the Voltes/Combattler dudes, Calvina and depending on deployment space the Layzner or Tekkaman people.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, thanks to some oddities in J's design, the Skygraspers are legitimately better units than the Strike for a long period of the game, especially if you go Aile Strike, Launcher Skygrasper and Sword Skygrasper.

Cagalli murdering everything with a sword strapped to a jet will never not be funny.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Can't have Zeorymer without this

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ohmygod, Calvina gets Love. The enemies are all super screwed.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Reals are kind of bad in J because enemies hate actually attacking them and most of them have trash player phase damage output. The only ones worth once you have a decent sized roster are Blade and the ones with combo attacks because those are the only ones that actually have passable damage (though it will still be a lot less than the Mazingers, Dancouga, the V Bros and Zeorymer). J's not a super hard game but the high enemy density plus the oddities of enemy AI make Reals really frustrating to use.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I appreciate J because, in addition to my standard plan of 'throw all the Aestis at people', I can also throw all the Brains at people.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

always deploy aestisevalis so you can stick them in the nadesico and then fly the ship straight into enemy lines to kill everything while the aestis combo attack w/ teamup attacks while also having massive friendship/love bonuses while a fuckin sick theme plays

nadesico owns and both it and zeorymer showing up in 2 good rear end games is no coincidence

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
J update... Master Asia kicked my rear end hardcore after I got all the super robots back. It turns out counter and doing a swack load of damage will end your poo poo pretty hard. >_>

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

MarsDragon posted:

How many can you name? (probably requires pixiv account)

there's even the BX originals in there oh my (hiding behind Masaki, who's to the right of DJ Giado, who's to the right of Shu taking up like an entire screen) now I'm wondering if the Cross Omega people are hiding anywhere...can't locate them thus far

also poor zegapain and giant gorg, you get to join escaflowne on the never-appeared-on-boxart club and you'll likely stay there forever ;.; (seriously why haven't they gotten escaflowne again it probably would've gone super good in BX)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

*Special viewing of Gekiganger*
Kouji: Now pay attention Shiro, this is a classic.

Kouji Kabuto: still the ebst, no matter the continuity.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

dis astranagant posted:

Can't have Zeorymer without this

Now in SRW OG flavor.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Can someone explain to me why Miku Fei Yen isn't using Miku's voice.

Or like...anything the gently caress about Miku Fei Yen?

edit: please tell me the Macross guys are like "it's Sharon Apple with an armed robot body! Kill it!"

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 9, 2015

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Can someone explain to me why Miku Fei Yen isn't using Miku's voice.

It is Miku's voice actress, though. Just not sampled Saki Fujita. Probably easier to have her talk into a microphone instead of someone doing all the lines on the computer.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I can't figure out how to do Puzzle Robo number 45 and the walkthrough on gamefaqs doesn't work. It's the one where you have Zeorymer, Dancouga and Blue Earth and have to destroy a bunch of nuclear-equipped Mobius.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I can't figure out how to do Puzzle Robo number 45 and the walkthrough on gamefaqs doesn't work. It's the one where you have Zeorymer, Dancouga and Blue Earth and have to destroy a bunch of nuclear-equipped Mobius.

If that's the one I'm thinking of you basically max Zeorymer and Dancouga's morale, and use a few Zeals and Enables to kill as much as you can and position them for counter kills and then you finish it off with a MAP from Zeorymer. Make sure you save enough EN for the MAP at the end.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

If that's the one I'm thinking of you basically max Zeorymer and Dancouga's morale, and use a few Zeals and Enables to kill as much as you can and position them for counter kills and then you finish it off with a MAP from Zeorymer. Make sure you save enough EN for the MAP at the end.

Yeah, that's the one. One of the mobius keeps getting through and failing the mission.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

If it's just one you might be able to use the Blue Earth to kill it or at least block it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ZuljinRaynor posted:

It is Miku's voice actress, though. Just not sampled Saki Fujita. Probably easier to have her talk into a microphone instead of someone doing all the lines on the computer.
Oh huh, I guess I forgot a long time ago that there was originally a human behind that voice.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I just started playing UX for the first time in preparation for BX, I'm enjoying the Joey and Kurou friendship so far. And Doctor West's voice is driving me insane, I figure he's supposed to be flamboyant but holy poo poo is his voice awful to listen to.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

There's no feeliong quite like wiping out half your own forces because of your own MAP attack. There must be a German word to describe it.

I really wish Tactics Ogre mechanic of going back up to 50 turns in time wa sin more SRPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

MonsieurChoc posted:

Shinobu needs to use Hot Blood/Valor at the start, otherwise the walkthrough is correct. 49 also has an error; Daisaku needs to use Will +10 twice, not just once, iirc.

• Locked thread