Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

AirRaid posted:

This is awesome.

And this is the absolute truth. Press F2 as soon as you're in game, every time.

I thought the feature was super cool in GTA, it's also now a feature in any game if you have Win10(press Win+G). Though I suppose you could use Win10's feature for applications as well if you wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Harmburger posted:

I thought the feature was super cool in GTA, it's also now a feature in any game if you have Win10(press Win+G). Though I suppose you could use Win10's feature for applications as well if you wanted.

Or if you have a recent Nvidia card, Shadowplay has the same functionality without needing Win10.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

titties posted:

I also learned last night to stagger your motorcycle jumps after someone's bike came flying off the cliff, fouled my chute, and sent me plummeting to my death.

Yeahhh. Sorry about that, never had that happen before. It was a perfect run, too.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Last night someone asked who wanted cash so I showed up. Dude proceeded to fire his rifle at the ground which dumped bags of cash. Got a cool 3 mil out of it.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I think this is the closest a missile can come to you without exploding. Could not believe I pulled this off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FcExZIuLYA

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Holy crap that was close, good video.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

gileadexile posted:

Yeahhh. Sorry about that, never had that happen before. It was a perfect run, too.

No no, the death is what made it a perfect run :)

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

I think this is the closest a missile can come to you without exploding. Could not believe I pulled this off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FcExZIuLYA

Yep. Should have saved up for the Hydra instead of the Buzzard.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Pound_Coin posted:

In other news, notice how the top 10 pc players are nearly all mumble crew. if you don't already, get on mumble jerks.
:hfive:

UserErr0r posted:

I made a completely unplanned thing. Keep action replay on at all times, kids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62j12hTm_oQ
I ended the recording a bit too early, so I had to find an alternative ending. Don't hate.

Shameful :reject:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Pound_Coin posted:

Was this the old game locks up as you drive into the garage with Lester and Paige at the end of the first setup bug?

I believe they fixed that, but even if they didn't it still counts that setup mission as complete.

In other news, notice how the top 10 pc players are nearly all mumble crew. if you don't already, get on mumble jerks.

Nope. This happened just after you look at the camera feeds while parked outside the bank. Player 2 has to do the practice hacking mini game while player 1 drives away, but the car just wouldn't move or let us get out.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I've had that bug so many times, It's also happened in some of the other heist setups.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
How am I even on that list I take huge breaks and stuff!!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Got on online for the first time in awhile.

So glad to see 0 has changed in like a month or 2 with hackers vaporizing the entire server.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

hagie posted:

So glad to see 0 has changed in like a month or 2 with hackers vaporizing the entire server.

How common is this? :v:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Hoping that's just a rhetorical question.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I don't think I've been on a server yet that DIDN'T have hackers.

pretty good aggro deck
Dec 31, 2007

Extinct!
Anyone on PC available to do the Pacific standard finale in a few hours? I finally got my mic sorted and I'm sick to death of pubbies dying because something looks at them wrong. I'm lovetruncheon

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Malf posted:

Anyone on PC available to do the Pacific standard finale in a few hours? I finally got my mic sorted and I'm sick to death of pubbies dying because something looks at them wrong. I'm lovetruncheon

I'll be online approximately 530pm CST (PC RSSC c0upedeville if ya need the help :downs:

Zigmidge posted:

How am I even on that list I take huge breaks and stuff!!
Cause ur just that good goonbro don't act like u don't deserve it
:cheers:

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Looking good dude. Appropriate name at least.

Quill fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 11, 2015

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
So this happened just now. I log into GTAO and am greeted with this.

I can't walk very far and I can't jump to get out, so I'm stuck, but I can sit down and watch TV, so I am indeed in my apartment. So I kill myself and re-enter the apartment and

:wtf:
For the record, I've never modded/hacked the game at all.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Pakled posted:

For the record, I've never modded/hacked the game at all.

Looks like someone did it for you. I've had a meteor inside my flat before. This poo poo happens.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

hagie posted:

Quill posted:

Looking good dude

Welcome to GTA Online; enjoy ur stay :c00lbutt:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Quill posted:

Looks like someone did it for you. I've had a meteor inside my flat before. This poo poo happens.

Yeah. It's kind of fun actually.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

It's fun the first few times, but it is worth noting that if you ever get tired of it, switching sessions will remove that stuff.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
What hackers need to start doing is forcing everyone into their apartments and doing the water spray ragdoll thing so that we all have water fountains in our expensive condos.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if they made it easier to join on people and just play loving races GTA Online probably would have lived

RIP GTA ONLINE

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

titties posted:

I also learned last night to stagger your motorcycle jumps after someone's bike came flying off the cliff, fouled my chute, and sent me plummeting to my death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8qYFvLFQ70

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

My group once tried that jump by just staying inside the Kuruma (we didn't know yet that you could just drive to the dinghy). We bounced off one rock, and then went engine-first into a rock at the bottom of the jump. Big boom.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does Rockstar actually do anything good for the game? I see they've banned a bunch of people for the high crime of being associated with a mod that doesn't affect GTAO in any way. Yet they can't fix their own drat game. The Brawler still has lovely brakes and I still can't buy a hotknife.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

Does Rockstar actually do anything good for the game? I see they've banned a bunch of people for the high crime of being associated with a mod that doesn't affect GTAO in any way. Yet they can't fix their own drat game. The Brawler still has lovely brakes and I still can't buy a hotknife.

I've still sunk heaps of hours into GTA5 and GTAO. It's pretty amazing and a ton of fun, I'm certainly happy with the finished product while there are always things that could be done differently.

It's a runaway success and rightfully so.

I do find some weed helps dealing with the bullshit, the load times, loving pubbies, Social Club dropping out.. etc. But when the game is working as it should, it's awesome and there isn't anything else like it that I know.

edit: holy poo poo, so I knew it was a success but had no idea that it's the success. Nearly 2bn in revenue, sold 2 million copies in one day. Something like 50 million copies sold. Rockstar is doing it about as right as it can be done.. although I'd also like to see some fixes before more DLC content.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 12, 2015

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, for two billion, you'd think they could fix the game.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You'd think it'd make financial sense to fix the game, when you've got that many users. If you do a good job then you'll have a loving massive loyal following of fans that will buy your next game.

Perhaps they're already working on GTA6.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

frenton posted:

No, they added a whole bunch so if you're trying to find a specific song on the radio the odds of it coming up are lower.

you say that but i never hear yellowmans song on blue ark radio

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
As there doesn't seem to be region locking or selecting in multiplayer (as an Aussie with a good net connection I'm usually chucked in a server with an international mix of people).. there is no reason I shouldn't join the Goon crew.

There might even be Aussies in here that will wanna play when I do, but I'm taking a holiday soon and will be playing at all times anyway.

Does that make sense?

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."

Tony Montana posted:

As there doesn't seem to be region locking or selecting in multiplayer (as an Aussie with a good net connection I'm usually chucked in a server with an international mix of people)..

Are you on the PC? if so, add me, Velderin. I've been playing a lot lately after work and on weekends. I'll post a link to profile later when I get home.

I have found the issue with crews is that they allow everyone from all platforms join... For which my understanding is, people on ps4 and xbone are not connected to each other or the PC??? I find a few goons here and there online and we usually get into some good shenanigans, but it's far and in between. I found the AUS goon crews usually have less people in them and a lot more people seem to be on consoles...

Reb fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 12, 2015

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Reb posted:

Are you on the PC? if so, add me, Velderin. I've been playing a lot lately after work and on weekends. I'll post a link to profile later when I get home.

I have found the issue with crews is that they allow everyone from all platforms join... For which my understanding is, people on ps4 and xbone are not connected to each other or the PC???

They are not connected, but this shouldn't be an issue since your in-game crew list is only going to show people on your platform.

On the console side, a lot of us are on each others' friends list since we've been playing together for a long time. For a lot of us, the only real purpose of the crew tag is so that you know which dots on the minimap are (mostly) safe / not to be murdered.

Nobody is stopping anyone from forming or re-purposing another crew for PC. I know ijyt kicked everyone out of MTNC, maybe talk to him if you want a PC-only crew.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Reb posted:

I have found the issue with crews is that they allow everyone from all platforms join... For which my understanding is, people on ps4 and xbone are not connected to each other or the PC??? I find a few goons here and there online and we usually get into some good shenanigans, but it's far and in between. I found the AUS goon crews usually have less people in them and a lot more people seem to be on consoles...

Yeah, I'm on PC. Sweet I'll add ya

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:
Anyone wanna barrel-roll through the Series A Funding Trevor poo poo tomorrow? I'm going to be home. All. Day. Dexoting from my 3 day alcohol binge and need helps with heists. !!! And I got mumble working so you can now hear me scream about how much I hate Publix fried chicken. :boom:

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."

titties posted:

They are not connected, but this shouldn't be an issue since your in-game crew list is only going to show people on your platform.

The problem I have with this is, you look at a crew and it says there's 1000 people in it, yet only like 400 of them are on PC and only another 10-60 of them actually will play during my hours. And some nights they don't play. It's a combination of the limit on the numbers and that crews put in people from 5 different platforms. The 1k limit would actually be OK if it was just PC or ps3 or ps4 etc only.

titties posted:

Nobody is stopping anyone from forming or re-purposing another crew for PC. I know ijyt kicked everyone out of MTNC, maybe talk to him if you want a PC-only crew.

I don't think it's really worth it at this point. By the time I start to get numbers, people will main other crews as the numbers aren't here and eh. too much effort for something that people may not be interested in at this point. I think there are plenty of PC players in the crew, or at least enough to get poo poo done. But I play at Australian times, so that just adds to the issue and I also think there's a lot more AU Console players here personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Tony Montana posted:

You'd think it'd make financial sense to fix the game, when you've got that many users. If you do a good job then you'll have a loving massive loyal following of fans that will buy your next game.

They have next-to no reason to fix the multiplayer. They already sold the game to us... 2 or 3 times for many of us. This isn't an mmorpg where they need to give us a reason to stay subscribed. And it's not like Arkham Knight where the game is just completely unplayable - many of us have hundreds of hours in GTA Online. tldr: they already have our $60+ and we already got our money's worth out of it.

People will buy GTA6 no matter how bad GTAO gets, unless Rockstar gets very bad publicity over hackers causing financial losses to its players. But that only matters for the 5 people who actually buy shark cards.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 12, 2015

• Locked thread