Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

UserErr0r posted:

Sorry, I can't hear you over this 48 million dollars I have with nothing to spend it on, you're going to need to speak up

Nah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Either work for it or deal with it.

Sorry, but you don't get to dictate how people play their game so the 3rd option of getting basically infinite money from a hacker and rolling around in the leftover like Scrooge McDuck is still valid and good.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

frenton posted:

Sorry, but you don't get to dictate how people play their game so the 3rd option of getting basically infinite money from a hacker and rolling around in the leftover like Scrooge McDuck is still valid and good.

Of course I don't get to dictate it but I sure get to report someone every time I have to deal with them and their hacking or money stealing.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
GTA Servers are down and I cannot connect! Wow, I'm glad the FiveM modders were crushed for being the terrible hackers they are.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Of course I don't get to dictate it but I sure get to report someone every time I have to deal with them and their hacking or money stealing.

So does it upset you when someone owns a T20 they didn't work (read: play video games for an arbitrary acceptable amount of time) for? What's the harm? Why would you report them?

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Top Hats Monthly posted:

GTA Servers are down and I cannot connect! Wow, I'm glad the FiveM modders were crushed for being the terrible hackers they are.

Those assholes would have circumvented GTA5's social club integration. You know, the part that's down right now, so we can't play anyway. Thanks, Rockstar.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 18, 2015

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Lmao, it takes like a heist or two to get pretty much anything. Can't afford a T20? Either work for it or deal with it.

I did deal with it by standing in a money shower for 30 seconds :confused:

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Lmao, it takes like a heist or two to get pretty much anything. Can't afford a T20? Either work for it or deal with it.

We get it, you can play missions or do heists to buy things.
But if you want to buy a lot of things, or even expensive things, you have to run a lot of missions. And that gets very repetitive and is grindy.

You're more than welcome to run the same boring heist 50 times to load up a garage, but we're fine diving into our vault of ill-gotten gains http://i.imgur.com/IB0KwhK.gif

edit: also it would take doing pacstandard 9 runs, on hard, with minimal losses, with a 40/20/20/20 split, to get a T20. But, if you insist on running the same mission dozens of times, nobody is stopping you.

edit 5: and that's 9 runs for just the T20. you'll have to run it a lot more to buy other things, as well. a lot more.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 18, 2015

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

mutata posted:

I did deal with it by standing in a money shower for 30 seconds :confused:

You clearly should have run Pacific Standard 7 times because a 12-hour commitment is reasonable for one video game car. Alternately you could have paid $50 actual, there is no reason to cheat

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

titties posted:

You clearly should have run Pacific Standard 7 times because a 12-hour commitment is reasonable for one video game car. Alternately you could have paid $50 actual, there is no reason to cheat

This is actually true. I agree.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

ok

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I'm glad I don't have to worry about affording a killing spree. But I guess the thrill of choosing between more ammo or saving up for mods is missing in my life now.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This is actually true. I agree.

You sound jealous that while you were playing Titan of a Job four thousand times the rest of us were whipping around Los Santos in our badass super cars having loads of fun.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It's hosed up that there's like 20 hackers for every lobby feeding everyone but me money and then blowing me up, but if I were to dare to even think of installing a mod that makes the lovely SNS pistol in a revolver or something else cool like that I'd get banned.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Maybe this maintenance is going to take so long because they're banning all hackers, implementing functional anti-cheat and taking away all our illegally acquired toys! :ohdear:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
Poopy perspective
Anal malady consult
Doctor Tim whatley

Haiku'd ur rear end
Thread needs more bad poetry
Can't be worse than this

fake edit : Just cause u had :10bux: doesn't mean ur required to post hth

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Orv posted:

Maybe this maintenance is going to take so long because they're banning all hackers, implementing functional anti-cheat and taking away all our illegally acquired toys! :ohdear:

It's too late. There's no going back. We're untouchable. We have become.. too big to fail.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

shadok posted:

Was just tooling around on 360 online and drove home to this:

No idea if it's an honest glitch or if a hacker did it.

It looks like a raccoon did it.

circ dick soleil posted:

I had a dream that two cars were added and one of them was the Shark from GTA2 with a convertible option and the other was based on a Dodge Deora but it was by BF.

Make it happen Rockstar.

Never since this moment did I realize how badly GTAV needs the Deora. Especially if the rumors are true and this next update has hydraulics.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Shima Honnou posted:

It's hosed up that there's like 20 hackers for every lobby feeding everyone but me money and then blowing me up, but if I were to dare to even think of installing a mod that makes the lovely SNS pistol in a revolver or something else cool like that I'd get banned.

Christ at least then that thing would be worth using. So weird that Vice City was the only GTA to have a revolver :(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

UserErr0r posted:

Those assholes would have circumvented GTA5's social club integration. You know, the part that's down right now, so we can't play anyway. Thanks, Rockstar.
The funniest part is that they actually did interect with GTA Online servers, Social Club in particular if I recall correctly, in order to ensure that potential players would not use pirated copy of the game. :v:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I probably wouldn't be playing as much if I didn't stand under some money showers.

Now I have 30mil and nothing to spend it on apart from blowing up Progen T20s on sight.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

coupedeville posted:

Poopy perspective
Anal malady consult
Doctor Tim whatley

Haiku'd ur rear end
Thread needs more bad poetry
Can't be worse than this

fake edit : Just cause u had :10bux: doesn't mean ur required to post hth

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
i love dr tim whatley

and i hope dr tim whatley loves me

titties
May 10, 2012

game crime for the crime game

gently caress R* get money

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

circ dick soleil posted:

It looks like a raccoon did it.

:golfclap:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I just did a 15 minute fists only airport fight and only got 10k for it, not exactly abundant bankroll imo

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

StabMasterArson posted:

I just did a 15 minute fists only airport fight and only got 10k for it, not exactly abundant bankroll imo

Versus modes are not where the money is at at all though.

titties
May 10, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

Congrats, just do it 219 more times and buy yourself a T20, this is a good and fair way to do it

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

AirRaid posted:

Versus modes are not where the money is at at all though.

I did a race straight after and got 9 hundred dollars :v:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Look at guys with their lives and their jobs and their other video games. :smug:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Supporters of legitimately grinding money in this game would have such a good time playing Elite Dangerous instead. Srs post.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

UserErr0r posted:

It's abundant as hell if you want to play the same 20 missions a few thousand times. It's grindy if you want to buy a high-end car. A Stirling GT might take at least 50 mission runs - and that's excluding other expenses. Over on PC we're running missions for fun, not to grind money.

The high end cars are also idiot bait. If you're mad that you can't get the 5th new car in a row that's like 1 mph faster, the problem's you.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I need the money not to buy super cars but to flip the gently caress out of random-rear end Sedans I find on the side of the road.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I'd just do the Heists and never have to worry about money again if anyone but children still played the PS4 version, I have like 20k to my character's name :(

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Nintendo Kid posted:

The high end cars are also idiot bait. If you're mad that you can't get the 5th new car in a row that's like 1 mph faster, the problem's you.

Exactly. The Zentorno is still a great car and if you're a good driver you can keep up with T20's.

Check out broughy1322 on YouTube for car comparisons and specs too.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

StabMasterArson posted:

I'd just do the Heists and never have to worry about money again if anyone but children still played the PS4 version, I have like 20k to my character's name :(

Bunch of goons play on ps4, if you post and try to schedule up a heist night you'll get some peps.

Don't be poor bro :(

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

I need the money not to buy super cars but to flip the gently caress out of random-rear end Sedans I find on the side of the road.

The low hood and high speed of the T20 make it outstanding for ramming cars onto their roof during races. It's the car's best feature.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Zigmidge posted:

Supporters of legitimately grinding money in this game would have such a good time playing Elite Dangerous instead. Srs post.
I remember a week of solidly grinding profitable trade route in Elite II back when I was like 10, just to get the biggest cargo hauler in the game... so I could, uh, haul more cargo for no reason?

No, I don't have a clue, either.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Captain Beans posted:

Bunch of goons play on ps4, if you post and try to schedule up a heist night you'll get some peps.

Don't be poor bro :(

Only worry is that I'm in BST, but if anyone wants to help me do all of the Prison Break tonight that'd be super cool!
e: PSN is Dancinguy, might need that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

It's a mixed bag for me really. I'll happily take any money hackers shower upon me which allows me to buy the fancy new cars that come out but at the same time buying stuff with the ill-gotten money feels hollow. Honestly the best time I had with GTA Online was finally having earned enough money to buy a Comet and a high end apartment legitimately. But some of the best magical moments have involved hackers, like that one time I rode a party bus that shot straight into the stratosphere, and then BECOMING the bus so now it looks like a bus is herp-derping around, or the other time where we all gathered at one dude's apartment who showered money on everyone and there were dead hookers and exploded cars and bikes everywhere, and then he set everyone on fire.

So I think the game is more fun with hackers around, but it does make it seem kinda pointless and turns the game into a glorified chat room with a 100% more murder.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 18, 2015

• Locked thread