Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I wouldn't trust a single person in this picture to run a lemonade stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

A Trump presidency would basically test the limits of Madman Theory, by swapping in an actual madman that makes the likes of Putin seem laughably cautious and restrained by comparison.

You probably wouldn't see many governments scoffing or releasing statements mocking America for electing an obvious idiot as President, for fear of drawing his attention. He might even be right that he could get "better deals" out of the likes of Iran, Russia or China because they'd have legitimate cause for concern that he might erratically escalate any tensions and start throwing around military force or economic sanctions drat the consequences. God, if he opened with his "secret plan to defeat ISIS" (read: glass Raqqa and bomb every oil field across Syria and Iraq) the rest of the world would be like deer in the headlights.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Philthy posted:

It looks like a goddamn Norman Rockwell painting on acid.

It looks like a Rockwell on methamphetamine and corn

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

quote:

The city of Mobile confirmed late Friday that 30,000 people attended.

http://www.wbaltv.com/politics/supporters-begin-to-pack-stadium-for-trump-rally/34853724

What numbers is Bernie bringing in? They should hold a duel rally where all they do is poo poo on the elites, finally America's left and right can agree on something.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
He said he wants to make the military strong again.

Wha..ho..buh?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

He's the candidate of Narcissism, and both parties' hosed up beliefs in mutant flipper-baby ideologies that dont actually benefit anyone in the long term makes a complete narcissist's stances look viable.

In a functional country with sane politics, a billionaire supporting UHS wouldnt be a big deal because its obvious (cheaper premiums, fewer sick workers because of preemptive doc visits, healthy workers are productive workers). Yet here we are in America, where nightmares are reality and our land is raped by Kochs.

Aren't you from England

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

icantfindaname posted:

so has hillary's campaign imploded yet?

Yes her poll numbers have collapsed, she's only winning by nine now

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Trump doesn't have an idealogy, but anyone who could call him on it is too craven to generate traction.

Praise dear leader.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

The GOP primary is a full ring Royal Rumble and Biden announcing would be Hulk Hogan's music suddenly filling the arena.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Philthy posted:

Wha..ho..buh?

He means he wants to embrace a military that bullies the world

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I've been seeing a thing go around Facebook that Sanders won't be able to appear on the ballot in some states' primaries due to him being an Independent. Surely this doesn't actually matter, right?

Bernie is running as a Democratic party nominee, so no this isn't true.

Zoran posted:

He has said he will register as a Democrat if that's what it takes to get on the ballot. And yes, some states do have rules like that.

He's already running as a Democrat, where do you guys get this stuff? He also said he won't run 3rd party and won't attack Hillary and won't risk her chances of winning if he doesn't win the Primary.
Again, where do you get this idea?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Philthy posted:

Wha..ho..buh?

he's going to make it strong and powerful but will he make it unstoppable

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

AfroLine posted:

he's going to make it strong and powerful but will he make it unstoppable

Strong = give me your milk money.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I wonder how long it'd take a President Trump to reinstate the draft. We're going to be at war with so many countries, I can't imagine he wouldn't be tempted.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Peztopiary posted:

I wonder how long it'd take a President Trump to reinstate the draft. We're going to be at war with so many countries, I can't imagine he wouldn't be tempted.

Everyone under 35 is eligible, no deferments or buyouts whatsoever.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Pohl posted:

Bernie is running as a Democratic party nominee, so no this isn't true.

He's already running as a Democrat, where do you guys get this stuff? He also said he won't run 3rd party and won't attack Hillary and won't risk her chances of winning if he doesn't win the Primary.
Again, where do you get this idea?

There were some concerns voiced in this thread early after he announced that, since he's been an Independent for so long and basically switched parties for the sake of his Presidential run, some state level Democratic parties might have rules or be douchey enough to refuse to let him be on the ballot as a Democrat. Probably unfounded concerns, but you did ask where the idea came from.

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

Love the reporter in the back left despairing for humanity

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Hahaha

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Donald trump doesnt strike me as a military hawk, just an..economic hawk. When has he ever given an indication he wants to start a war?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Rocks posted:

Judging by that article I wouldn't be surprised that trump is ONLY running to make sure jeb doesn't win. Pure lol

It certainly seems as though since the race started things have become personal:

quote:

According to one friend, Trump blames Bush and Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim for Univision’s decision in June to cancel a $13.5 million contract with Trump to televise his Miss USA pageant. Five days later, Slim scrapped a deal with Trump to develop shows in Mexico. Trump responded by filing a $500 million lawsuit against Univision. “Trump believes it all goes back to Jeb,” the friend says. “He thinks Jeb and his wife, Columba, are close with Carlos Slim and Univision got pressure from Slim operatives.” In a move that further confirmed Trump’s suspicions, Univision has hired Miguel Estrada, a Washington lawyer with deep Bush ties.

quote:

“If I’m going down, then Bush is going down with me. He’s not going to be president of the United States.”

:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I feel sorry for whoever ends up being Trump's VP.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

magiccarpet posted:

Donald Trump doesn't need a VP, he needs an old-school villain henchman, some sort of mix between Snively and Igor

"WE SHALL MAKE A YOOOGE WALL TO RUIN MEXICO"

"Y- y- y- yes mister Trump"

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Tautologicus posted:

Donald trump doesnt strike me as a military hawk, just an..economic hawk. When has he ever given an indication he wants to start a war?

"I would do things that would be so tough that I don't even know if they'd be around to come to the table. ... I would bomb the hell out of those oil fields [in Iraq]. I wouldn't send many troops, because you won't need them by the time I got finished."

e: when questioned about ISIS

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

magiccarpet posted:

Pretty sure it's going to be Vanessa

edit: Trump/Trump 2016

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It certainly seems as though since the race started things have become personal:

:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

lol trump got owned by someone with severals times more money than him

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

midnightclimax posted:

"I would do things that would be so tough that I don't even know if they'd be around to come to the table. ... I would bomb the hell out of those oil fields [in Iraq]. I wouldn't send many troops, because you won't need them by the time I got finished."

e: when questioned about ISIS

I guess

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Re: Biden:

quote:

But he’s taken no organizational steps to begin to prepare for a long slog of a race, and would be rushing to hire staff.

How much of a barrier to entry would this be? I have no doubt there's plenty of political operatives who'd be willing to take his money and work for him, and a random assortment of city council campaign managers could probably be just as good as the 2008 Clinton campaign was, but is there sufficient time to do all the other essential steps of a campaign? Filing in all the states, setting up shadowy superPACs, that sort of thing? I can't imagine that there is a huge groundswell of support that's been biding their time for Biden, given that he was the Huntsman of about three primaries before being tapped to be Obama's VP. Also, since he was the Senator from D-Credit Card Company HQ, I can't imagine him sapping much support from the Sanderistas.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If Biden is actually going to challenge Hillary, it's a big deal that he has no campaign organization to do so and would need to do a lot of work to set one up.

But that's probably not what Biden is doing. He's just putting his name out there to remind people, "Hey I exist, just in case this 'Hillary' thing doesn't work."

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Filing, qualifying, etc. would not be problem for a guy with his name recognition and basic competence.

He won't peel off many Bernie voters, but he'll get Hillary's collapsed establishment support and Bernie will remain locked out.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Yup, think of Biden as HHH to Hillary's LBJ.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

the woman holding the baby. look at her wedding ring. so yooj, so luxurious

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Joementum posted:

Yup, think of Biden as HHH to Hillary's LBJ.

http://youtu.be/ld7VVBztuVM

:(

Grope-A-Matic
Nov 16, 2008

sigh... you really suck at hand
to hand combat i wont lie and
this is way more challenging
then i thought it would be. to
teach you hand to hand combat,
alright i will try to teach you
some more hand to hand combat

Joementum posted:

Yup, think of Biden as HHH to Hillary's LBJ HBK.

D(emocratic)-Generation X

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Filing, qualifying, etc. would not be problem for a guy with his name recognition and basic competence.

He won't peel off many Bernie voters, but he'll get Hillary's collapsed establishment support and Bernie will remain locked out.

B-b-b-but sanders is so so popular!?!? Surely he isn't the democrats version of Ron Paul this time right? Maybe he should buy a blimp!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Why, Jeb?

Haven't seen this posted yet, but I find it amazing that a multi-million dollar operation has one intern to poorly Photoshop a flyer and no one to spot-check it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Shageletic posted:

Aren't you from England

Nope

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

PierreTheMime posted:

Why, Jeb?

Haven't seen this posted yet, but I find it amazing that a multi-million dollar operation has one intern to poorly Photoshop a flyer and no one to spot-check it.

its a shadow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The baby is the best part of that picture, as I'm sure everyone is aware.

:stonk:

I think it's a tie between the baby, and the woman trying to peek around the sign like Kevin Spacey in the Ellen mega selfie.

• Locked thread