Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Brinner posted:

I haven't been back to the homeland in 10 years and will be back around crimbo should I expect anti immigration cyborgs and a severe lack of chip shops or is it all the same?

There are a lot more Greggs, also Sainsburies and Tesco have metastasised and have little shops literally everywhere now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goatface posted:

Tell her that the housing market is in a massively overinflated bubble so this is no time to buy, and with the stock markets tumbling it's only a matter of time before the economy collapses and we all end up scavenging for food while avoiding the plutocrats who are hunting us for sport, so you might as well enjoy yourself now.

Then kill her dad.

You should buy a PS4 so you can play Fallout 4 because by the time comes out it will be essential training material for the world we will be living in.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Fallout 4 looks bad and I will not buy it until it is £6 on steam

That is my opinion and some fact thrown in there too because I am cheap and MgsV is the only full price game I am going to buy for the foreseeable future

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

NaDy posted:

you obv never got to the quest where you get drunk with your witcher bros and dress in your sorceress girlfriends clothes and drunk dial other wizards on her magic telephone because you want more ladies to come round to your remote castle stronghold.

that is the best quest. there's tons of really good quests in it buut drat 'witcher senses' poo poo is only cool for so long.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Brinner posted:

I haven't been back to the homeland in 10 years and will be back around crimbo should I expect anti immigration cyborgs and a severe lack of chip shops or is it all the same?

There are loads more nandos now.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

DrWrestling69 posted:

There are loads more nandos now.

Cheeky.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Jose posted:

its made by bethesda so thats impossible

Yeah I might have spoken too soon.

It's got some way to go to beat Ocarina of Time.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

dumb souls
badborne
metal gear lovely 5

hi

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Planes are diseased. Never fly, we are cursed to stay on the ground, and here we must stay.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

hemale in pain posted:

that is the best quest. there's tons of really good quests in it buut drat 'witcher senses' poo poo is only cool for so long.

lambert lambert, what a prick.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i think i just got tickets to the banksy show for friday night

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Having a midday pint in spoons, living the dream

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
cheeky

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

freelop posted:

Having a midday pint in spoons, living the dream

spot on. just one or are you getting on it?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

get on it like a car bonnet m8

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Things I miss most about the UK now that I no longer live there:
Unpolluted green space
Spoonies
Greggs

Judge my class as you will

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

simplefish posted:

Things I miss most about the UK now that I no longer live there:
Unpolluted green space
Spoonies
Greggs

Judge my class as you will

where do u live now?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
ive never heard it called spoonies before

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
what the hell is spoonies

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

JFairfax posted:

i think i just got tickets to the banksy show for friday night

Who's playing?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Peanut Butter Wolf, DJ Yoda and Breakbeat Lou.

loving sick imho, Breakbeat Lou put together the ultimate breaks & beats series and is a full on legend in the game and PBW is someone I've wanted to see for a long time.

yoda, meh, seen him twice, I think whilst technically impressive his sets are all a little bit novelty rather than being good to dance to - however it should be an interesting he tends to do interesting AV poo poo

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NaDy posted:

ive never heard it called spoonies before

I first heard spoonies off a geordie, I assumed it was from around there.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 25, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

JFairfax posted:

Peanut Butter Wolf, DJ Yoda and Breakbeat Lou.

loving sick imho, Breakbeat Lou put together the ultimate breaks & beats series and is a full on legend in the game and PBW is someone I've wanted to see for a long time.

yoda, meh, seen him twice, I think whilst technically impressive his sets are all a little bit novelty rather than being good to dance to - however it should be an interesting he tends to do interesting AV poo poo

No Run the Jewels that night? They're reallllllllll good live.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Aramoro posted:

I first heard spoonise off a geordie, I assumed it was from around there.

its called spoons here, same as everywhere else

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

88h88 posted:

No Run the Jewels that night? They're reallllllllll good live.

nah they're on the 4th.

tbh I am very happy with how this has panned out, i fly back to the states on monday and this line up is the one that excites me most - so feeling quite lucky, just need to grab a pretty decent rain jacket now I feel... did not travel prepared for this rain

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

JFairfax posted:

nah they're on the 4th.

tbh I am very happy with how this has panned out, i fly back to the states on monday and this line up is the one that excites me most - so feeling quite lucky, just need to grab a pretty decent rain jacket now I feel... did not travel prepared for this rain

PBW is the one I'd be most interested in.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Where's good for food in York thread? My course finished at 3 so we have adjourned to the pub but looking for recommendations.

Also, where's decent that will be showing the Celtic game later or I will have a riot of Scottish signalling designers smashing the place up?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
yeah PBW is dope, been a fan since My Vinyl Weighs a Ton dropped and obviously the work he's done with Stones Throw is awesome.

breakbeat lou is most interesting to me, the Ultimate Breaks and Beats series were loving foundation stones of hip hop and also drum and bass, with their slowed down sample of the amen break being used by goddamn everyone.

Lou will have some loving great records I am sure.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Bozza posted:

Where's good for food in York thread? My course finished at 3 so we have adjourned to the pub but looking for recommendations.

Also, where's decent that will be showing the Celtic game later or I will have a riot of Scottish signalling designers smashing the place up?

I remember Royal Oak on Goodramgate being good for food but I heard a rumour they might be under new ownership now.

Paulo's on Walmgate does great pizza for cheap but it's a bit further from the centre.

No idea on football.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i love it when a dope new album drops

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Big Taff Man posted:

what the hell is spoonies
can lead to cummies if ur not careful

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

corn in the fridge posted:

i love it when a dope new album drops

same bro its sick

Bobby Deluxe posted:

oh god why did you remind me of that :barf:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
cummie bears

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If it's that gelatinous you should probably see a doctor.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Bobby Deluxe posted:

hahaha

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol Colin Fry is dead

I just contacted the spirits and they're pissed off at having to spend eternity with that piece of poo poo.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My mum likes the TV medium programmes, I have given up arguing with her about them.

My sister does as well, but she enjoys Judge Judy and so is obviously beyond help.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

All psychics should either be in prison or should be institutionalised, depending on whether or not they think they really are talking to ghosts.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I just got given a ticket to go to that banksy dismaland for Thursday :o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

NaDy posted:

hahaha

???