Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Deep Hurting posted:

What's with that weird shadow surrounding him? It looks really unnatural, like somebody lasso'd Rand and created a duplicate layer of him in Photoshop, then used the burn tool on the layer behind the duplicate so Rand would stand out more from the background.

It's the contrast between the grass and his white shirt, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's the contrast between the grass and his white shirt, I think.

No, I agree that there's something there. It's like this dark halo surrounding him. Looks like something out of a Dees picture.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Rand Paul glows with the dark energy, that he unwillingly wields but for the light of Justice and the Constitution.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Rand Paul is the dota character nobody wants to pick and everyone complains when he's on your team.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

My friends and I tried to come up with the shopping combination most likely to get the cashier to call the cops on you, regardless of how polite and calm you are during check out.

The winner was "condoms, lube, rope, a hunting knife, and several rolls of duct tape."

We never tested this theory. I am now wondering if the hypothetical cashier in question would even have noticed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gB_l6E0OUU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

it looks like an hdr effect

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Quote of the Day - "We let people come to this country with visas and the minute they come in, we lose track of them. So here’s what I’m gonna do as president: I’m gonna ask Fred Smith, the founder of FedEx, to come over to the government for three months. Just come for three months to immigration and customs enforcement and show them." ~Chris Christie

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DaveWoo posted:

Quote of the Day - "We let people come to this country with visas and the minute they come in, we lose track of them. So here’s what I’m gonna do as president: I’m gonna ask Fred Smith, the founder of FedEx, to come over to the government for three months. Just come for three months to immigration and customs enforcement and show them." ~Chris Christie

"And if he breaks ~10% of them, that's fine, as long as they're insured", he added.

Joementum
May 23, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Deep Hurting posted:

What's with that weird shadow surrounding him?.

It's freedom.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
He's casting a shadow on the greenscreen he's standing in front of.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Deep Hurting posted:

What's with that weird shadow surrounding him?

That's the dark ominous cloud of racism, Trump's eventual running mate.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
"It's not fair to what is the strongest Republican party presidential field in 36 years."
- Chuck Todd on Donald Trump

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Change threat title to.... nevermind, it's still perfect.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

I'm sure all 0 people who lived within sight of that and weren't NSA workers really had their minds blown

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nintendo Kid posted:

I'm sure all 0 people who lived within sight of that and weren't NSA workers really had their minds blown

At least this publicity stunt didn't cause irreparable damage to a cultural heritage site.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Or he stood in the shade of a large object e.g. a tree.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

He seems very knowledgeable about how both Fedex and immigration works.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

DaveWoo posted:

Considering how much FedEx offshores through contractors to avoid this issue I find this especially funny.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Listening to Palin it just blows me away at how utterly mindlessly stupid she sounds when she talks. I do not know if it just like an Alaska thing but jesus christ.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

bpower posted:

There ain't many trees out there. poo poo's all grass at best most of the time.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

spacing in vienna posted:

My friends and I tried to come up with the shopping combination most likely to get the cashier to call the cops on you, regardless of how polite and calm you are during check out.

The winner was "condoms, lube, rope, a hunting knife, and several rolls of duct tape."

We never tested this theory. I am now wondering if the hypothetical cashier in question would even have noticed.

I think you're missing "industrial strength trash bags, a tarp, and bleach" but you're on the right track.

And when I'm President we'll turn it into the world's largest corn dog manufacturing plant. :colbert: Make believe sure is fun.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

There ain't many trees out there. poo poo's all grass at best most of the time.

Not many trees? That rules out a large object then.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

bpower posted:

If he was standing behind the only large object likely to be there, like his bus or something, you'd see a much bigger shadow instead of some weird poo poo that perfectly conforms to his body outline.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

"It's not fair to what is the strongest Republican party presidential field in 36 years."
- Chuck Todd on Donald Trump

We've had what, 3 elections since then without an incumbent?

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
This needs to be crossposted here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/hulk-hogan-wants-to-be-donald-trumps-running-mate-in-the-us-presidential-election-10477981.html

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

bpower posted:

Are we seriously questioning whether or not an obviously Photoshopped image is real? At least Paul's people didn't spend the money to print it as a flyer.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Actually the definitive proof I'm wrong is the shadow his head is casting on his shirt, the Sun was at his 4 o'clock. Elementary stuff .

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

PierreTheMime posted:

Are we seriously questioning whether or not an obviously Photoshopped image is real? At least Paul's people didn't spend the money to print it as a flyer.

What was you opinion on Jeb's black hand before we knew it was caused by a shadow?

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

bpower posted:

Is it to subtle of a joke to say
It's a boob shadow.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

On Real Time, Santorum was on talking about the Iran deal and he stated that Reagan did not negotiate with terrorists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub3b9p3LTws

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Dahn posted:

Is it to subtle of a joke to say
It's a boob shadow.

Leaping and hoping on a boob shadow, booob shadow boob shadow

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

bpower posted:

What was you opinion on Jeb's black hand before we knew it was caused by a shadow?

His head was either photoshopped onto another body or his entire body was photoshopped into the image with no regard to what his surroundings were. Either one is funny and poor composition.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

On Real Time, Santorum was on talking about the Iran deal and he stated that Reagan did not negotiate with terrorists

Thank you (for playing), Rick Santorum.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Leaping and hoping on a boob shadow, booob shadow boob shadow

Oh I've been smiling lately, thinking about the blings to come...

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

this is a really weird show. is every episode like this?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Didn't Hillary have something like a 2 to 1 polling advantage in Iowa?
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-08-29/sanders-within-striking-distance-of-clinton-in-iowa

I think that the concept was that Sanders could win New Hampshire but Iowa would easily go to her.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Not that I want to stop the discussion of boob shadows.

Some minor immigration news from the Great state of, bring us your tired, you hungry, you properly documented Texas.

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/08..._pos=0&at_tot=1

quote:

The state health services department has said repeatedly that matrícula cards — issued by the Mexican consulate offices throughout Texas — were never considered secure documents for purposes of obtaining a vital record. Some counties were accepting the IDs until recently, however. They have been ordered to stop by the department.

Basically if I can't prove who you are then I can't issue you a birth certificate for that kid you just birthed (is that a word) right in front of me.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

bpower posted:

In fairness, that picture was, in fact, photoshopped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deep Hurting posted:

What's with that weird shadow surrounding him?

Clown balloon is coming for you, Rand Paul.

• Locked thread