Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Lynkericious posted:

Or when the Saiyans were killing his Students left and right. Or when Raditz kidnapped Goku's son and put Krillin through his house. Basically, Master Roshi is apparently Super Kami Guru levels capable of not giving a poo poo it seems.

Either that or Power Levels are, once again, bullshit. :v:

Well duh, how many times did he bust out his beefcake form?

all of ONCE, to blow up a mountain, he would get buff later on but only to "Healthy adult male" levels when he was around 400 years old. Even his training of Goku and Krillin was more "do chores, endlessly. For my profit."

Roshi is the BEST geezer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope there's a nice, long section on Snake Way. That was always a fun section of DBZ.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Onmi posted:

Well duh, how many times did he bust out his beefcake form?

all of ONCE, to blow up a mountain, he would get buff later on but only to "Healthy adult male" levels when he was around 400 years old. Even his training of Goku and Krillin was more "do chores, endlessly. For my profit."

Roshi is the BEST geezer.

That reminds me(Replaying it-my file disappeared somehow); Chun can bust that move, the Max Power Kamehameha, out(Complete with growth and throwing off his shirt-the shirt magically re-appears afterwards) in the boss fight against him. Also the Turtle-Style Last Resort. No one questions this.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 6, 2015

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

rotinaj posted:

I hope there's a nice, long section on Snake Way. That was always a fun section of DBZ.

Fun fact: all those neat little things that happen on Snake Way? None of them are in the manga. Zilch. It's one of the few points in Kai where they kept filler material in. Because otherwise it becomes kinda... barren, story-wise.

Really.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Update Eleven: Grandma Hakkake In Trouble!! Can Her Honey Be Recovered!?

Howdy, folks, and welcome back! Last time, on Attack of the Saiyans, we went through a volcano and beat up a ninja dog in a robot suit, which allowed us to cover part of the eggshell of the Fire-Eater Bird, one of the ingredients we need to plug the hole in the bottom of the magical furnace. Today, we're going to get some of the honey from the eight sided honeycomb, so let's head out.

Mt. Frappe is where we're hanging out today. It's an ice dungeon, but without any annoying slick floor gimmick or anything. poo poo, there's not much of a gimmick at all, really, except for one part, but it's a fairly common thing to see in the game, so maybe it just counts as a game mechanic.

Don't ask me why it looks goddamned terrifying at the top of the mountain. I have no idea.

Ah, it's Grandma Hakkake, an anime only character.

She lives around here, Goku. In the anime, when Chi-Chi and Goku were looking for the Bansho Fan, she helped them out with that. She also helped teach Chi-Chi how to be a good wife by making Chi-Chi clean her house and yard up. No, I'm not kidding.

Chi-Chi found the Bansho Fan in the process, so it's okay. Hakkake had been using it as a dustpan, too, by the by.

She's also a beekeeper, and had given Chi-Chi a jar of her honey, which is what we're going to find here.

Eh, not really. Ox-King is going to be burned to death if we don't plug up the magical furnace.

No questions about how others are looking for her honey, Goku?

Well, poo poo.

: I love eating shaved ice with honey on top...I get the ice right here on Mt. Frappe. But these three weirdos came earlier and stole all of my honey!

: Three of 'em, you say...? Hey, how about we do this, lady? If we can get your honey back, would you mind giving us just a little?

: Get my honey back...? Well, I'd be happy to, if you can find it.

: Great! Thanks a lot, lady! We'll have it back here in a flash! So where did those three guys go?

: They were climbing up Mt. Frappe last I saw them!

And with that, we rush off to go find out who these three troublemakers are.

There's a fair bit of treasure scattered about here, as well as a few different save points.

These walls are blastable.

Instead of blowing them up, our Ki attacks just melt them. I like that effect better than these just simply exploding.

But before we can snag our treasure chest, we get into a fight.

I'm fairly certain the developers meant for you to come here after Mt. Kiwi, since these enemies are a fair bit tougher than the ones roaming around there.

Snow Bandit Girls have some strong attacks, and two really annoying ones.

For this first attack, they simply smash their ball and chain into someone's face for a high amount of damage. The other two attacks will pop up in a later fight.

Krillin instantly killed the front Bandit Girl, which I was pleasantly surprised by.

Fights around here yield a good amount of EXP, too.

I'll use this in the boss fight here, but for now, this goes in the inventory.

Another melted wall, another random encounter.

Where Snow Bandit Girls display their other two annoying attacks. This first one doesn't do any direct damage, thankfully.

However, it can Confuse a party member, which is no bueno.

This gives the afflicted character the chance to attack either the enemy or their own party, which can be a very bad thing. Thankfully they won't use any of their Ki attacks (at least, I've never seen them do it), so this isn't nearly as bad as it could be.

This attack starts with what looks like the normal ball-and-chain smash, but they drop their ball on the ground in front of someone.

And then they launch rear end first at someone.

Which not only does a bunch of damage, but also drops the Rage Gauge.

Yeah, sometimes this game is weird.

That chest holds a treasure that I heavily advise you pick up.

This is the Ice version of the Cold Boots or Gas Mask, raising our Ice resistance and making freezing floors safe to walk across.

These giant piles of ice block ladders, so melting them is a good idea. It'll be a while before we come back here, but this makes the return trip just that much easier.

Now, maybe this seems like its on purpose, but I've been getting into a fight after each obstacle I've taken out. It's just really kind of odd, since that typically doesn't happen.

Only the front White Wolf is going to be hit with this Destructo Disk, despite the hitbox looking like it could have hit all three of them.

These guys can attempt to summon more White Wolves.

And have the same gnaw your face off attack the other wolves Krillin fought did.

Nice bit of EXP, though. Goku and Yamcha grow ever stronger.

Moving to the south, we find a save point, a treasure chest, and there's a wall we can melt up top.

50% Ki recovery to the whole party; not bad.

And another fight!

The Snow Bandit has a fair amount of HP and hits like a son of a bitch.

He also has an icy shockwave attack that hits the entire party, and can smash you in the face with the hilt of his sword to try and stun someone. He only used this attack, though, and I encountered about two of them, so I didn't get shots of the other attacks.

Moving along, we melt that ice wall.

And come up here to another ice pile, which is promptly melted.

We're actually most of the way through this place now. Mt. Frappe isn't a very large dungeon.

Those floors up there are Ice damage floors, which we need our Silver Fur capsule equipped to avoid the damage from.

This is an attack item; when used, it deals a large amount of Ice damage to an enemy. There's a fight coming in a couple of updates that I'm saving this for.

Two treasures to grab here before we move on.

The Sleep Card is the (obviously) Sleep version of the Darkness Card we have. Having it equipped at the start of battle gives us the chance to put all enemies to sleep when a fight starts.

And it's around here that we meet our last new enemy of the update.

Palette swaps are kind of common in this game.

For the second time this LP, Krillin is punching the poo poo out of a tiger.

They have one extremely badass attack, that starts by them creating this circle of flame with their tail.

They then dive through it to claw at someone's jugular.

Going back and forth to light them on fire in the process.

Tell me that's not loving metal.

...Of course it's these three assholes.

Pilaf doesn't seem to recognize Goku, despite pissing his pants in terror the last time he saw us. In fact, everyone here seems to have forgotten we just encountered each other a little bit ago.

'course, I s'pose so that it's you can visit these places in whatever order you want, but it's still kind of friggin' weird.

Shu doesn't even bring up the beating we gave him last update.

: We can forget about selling it for the cash we need to conquer the world!

: Wha...? Well, that's no good! Ha hah! You want that honey? Well, come on up here and get it! Thpbbt!

And then they run off, deeper into Mt. Frappe.

We give chase, as we need that honey.

That red ice requires us to have a Level 3 Ki-Blast in order to break it, so we won't be back here for the chests inside it for a long time.

However, those two chests are fair game.

The other holds a Recovery Fruit.

That ice there requires the Level 2 Ki-Blast, which we also won't get for a while.

But, hey, dialog time!

I think that's part of the job description, guys.

Yeah, despite all the wordiness last update, there's not much of it going on here.

And, despite Pilaf ordering Shu to join Mai, he's not around for this fight. :ducksiren:Boss fight video is here!:ducksiren:

Well, she is a bit tougher than Shu, but not by very much.

In all fairness to him, Shu is probably still recovering from the fight he had with us.

Truly, a question that deserves a thoughtful answer.

Hopefully not get killed?

Mai here has 4,000 HP, and that's just about the biggest difference between her and Shu.

Her attacks are different, but the same basic strategy applies. I'm currently building Rage Gauges for some Kamehame Fever action.

In addition to knocking off a good bit of her HP.

Mai's Machine has a ton of power behind her attacks, so be sure you're hitting your Advance Guards here.

I missed a lot of my Guarding during this fight, but nobody bites the dust, thankfully.

Yapping Eevee got to see the boss video before this update went up, and he summed it up well.

"Second verse, same as the first."

However, our higher levels and strength are showing themselves already.

This attack hits the entire party, and I hosed up the Guard for it every time.

Yamcha didn't deserve that critical, Mai! :argh:

Krillin puts his good Speed to use by chucking an HP Capsule here.

While Yamcha and Goku do their part in dropping mad damage on her.

I popped this just before a Kamehame Fever.

Seeing as how he's Goku, he's our strongest party member for the game (there's one other who's arguably stronger, but we'll get to him later), and the best with Ki attacks, so he's the natural choice for stat-boosting items and what-not. He's currently my #1 candidate for all of the stat-boosting Fruits we have.

Not a bad little boost, is it? A little over an extra 100 damage, but doing nearly a quarter of the boss' health in one go is certainly nothing to scoff at.

But, that sums up the fight, and I'm skipping to the end. Goku gets the glory here, which should surprise nobody.

Everyone but Tien levels up from this fight; he gained a level here, putting him at level 10.

I'll need to put him in my active party soon, just so he doesn't fall too far behind.

Anywho, after the fight, Pilaf and his gang are just gone. They didn't even stick around for any post-battle banter!

Where's the fun in that, Goku?

Ah, Grandma Hakkake!

: We got the honey back for you, ma'am!

: Really? Oh, my! Thank you so much! I made you a promise. Here's a bit of honey for you!

Yeah, getting the honey isn't a very long task. The enemies are a bit tougher than when we got the eggshell, though, but that's not a huge deal. You could come here first and be A-OK.

As does Ox-King, I'm sure. I can't imagine being roasted like a Thanksgiving turkey is on his list of things to do in life.

And just like that, we're teleported back to the beginning of the area, next to the save point.

Eh, that can wait, Goku.

As we're done with this update. Next time--Actually, I'm not sure. So, I'll let you guys vote.

BOLD a vote for whether or not we go finish up our business with Annin, or if I should visit East and West City to show those off for you guys. The cities won't take too long to do, in case that was something you would factor into your decision. You have until Monday night, 8:00 PM, EST, to cast your vote!

Whatever happens, stay tuned!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

This attack starts with what looks like the normal ball-and-chain smash, but they drop their ball on the ground in front of someone.

And then they launch rear end first at someone.

Which not only does a bunch of damage, but also drops the Rage Gauge.

Even Attack of the Saiyans is excited for Rainbow Mika's return!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Ox King isn't in any rush, lets go city slumming.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
You know, that music that plays during the fight is really empty, as if they ripped it from the NES version of the same song. I wonder what that's all about.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh man, we have to go see the East City Westmen fight the West City Southerners!

Also I think Mt. Frappe is in a naturally occurring state of shaved ice, so that disconcerting alien glob is just kind of grape-flavored.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Cheez posted:

You know, that music that plays during the fight is really empty, as if they ripped it from the NES version of the same song. I wonder what that's all about.

You're actually right, Pilaf's gang boss battle theme is a remix of a track from the first NES Dragon Ball game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRtbtWk_CaY (starts at 2:26)

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Glazius posted:

Oh man, we have to go see the East City Westmen fight the West City Southerners!

Also I think Mt. Frappe is in a naturally occurring state of shaved ice, so that disconcerting alien glob is just kind of grape-flavored.

Yep, it is basically a reference. For Japan, shave ice is especially popular in the form of kakigori, so its much more easily recognisable to them (as the game's presumed primary demographic).

Also I say we should be a bunch of tourists. A man of Ox-King's stature won't be ready to serve for a few more days at least.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I fancy a little city trip.

Grand Gigas
Jul 2, 2006

True heroes always show up late.
Let's peep the gently caress out this city.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
So we have the materials that the goddess wants, why we went on a long trip.

It's time to relax and go to the City. There's nothing else we need to do anyways.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I had forgotten about the random henchwomen and their weird attacks.

Anyway, here's some VGM!

Random Battle

Master Roshi's Island

Cave (Used for a number of dungeons, as I recall. I think it's first used for Training Island.)

Divine Crossing (Used for a number of dungeons, as I recall. I think it's first used for the place Tien visits during his chapter.)

Kiwi Volcano (Might be used for more than the volcano, but that's where it first shows up.)

Boss Battle 1 (Used for most boss fights. First used for the Jackie Chun fight.)

Boss Battle 2 (Used for the boss fights against Team Rocket Emperor Pilaf's Gang.)

Onmi posted:

Ox King isn't in any rush, lets go city slumming.

Agreed.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I must be boring, because I want to rescue the Ox-King. He's been burning for long enough. Binge read this thread across today and yesterday. I had no idea this even existed. I feel like I saw something of it a while back, but forgot. I loooooooooooooved DBZ, but never thought much of anything that came after. GT wasn't very good to me and stuff like the movies and Super just feel like extra tacked on. The last DBZ game I really played and loved was Budokai 3, but this LP has me wanting to seek out a copy of this game. Or maybe Xenoverse?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

City trip would be good.

So! Mount Frappe. Another thing that happens in the anime, is that a fierce, nearly impassible snowstorm will occur on it... but only when women approach it. Really. :geno: Such an event happens twice in the episode where it's featured. First at the start, with Goku and Chi-chi nearly freezing their asses off and arriving at Grandma Hakkake's place, and then a second time when Mai shows up with Pilaf's group. The game pretty much skips over this detail, for understandable reasons.

The episode was also about Goku and Chi-chi initially trying to gather snow from the mountain to use to put out the fire, and the Fan and Honey were retrieved by complete coincidence. Hakkake was using the Bansho Fan as a dustbin.

Really the game does this whole bit quite a good deal better than the episode, in my opinion.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

Hakkake was using the Bansho Fan as a dustbin.

Does anyone use this thing for the intended purpose?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
A sexist Caradhras? Hmm.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It's not Dragonball without seemingly urgent ordeals being dragged out far too long. Go sightseeing.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Does anyone use this thing for the intended purpose?

In the manga where the central concept are people trying to misuse the wish-granting artifacts? Not a chance...

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...
I seem to remember a RPG quote from somewhere... "When the world is in crisis, The best thing to do is side quests. wander around aimlessly in towns.."

See the sights, and find something actually worth spending Zenni on...

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I'll riot if we don't get side-quests in the city!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Looks like we're going to visit the cities next update!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Update Twelve: Ox-King Can Wait! Sight-Seeing Must Be Done!!

Howdy, folks, and welcome back! Last time, on Attack of the Saiyans, we beat up Pilaf's Gang on Mount Frappe and recovered some of the honey needed to plug up the hole in the magical furnace. Today, instead of going to save Ox-King, we're going to visit West and East City, so let's head out.

I'll tell you right now, this update is more West City than East City. East City isn't much different than when we visited it as Krillin before.

I don't have exact population figures here, but West City is one of the bigger cities in Dragon Ball, much like East City is.

We've only got a few screens to cover here, but there's a lot of NPC chatter and stuff around.

Well...Yeah, kind of.

There's a treasure chest up top. I could see you being unsure how to get up there, because when there's an indication you can jump up something, there's usually a ladder of some sort, or some kind of visual indication. Here?

Just jumping up buildings like it ain't poo poo.

This raises someone's Speed by 10% when equipped. Meh.

I don't buy poo poo here.

He's got a lot for sale.

Including the full set of status heals, an item to raise the Rage Gauge, and this thing, which makes you more resistant to status ailments. Advance Guards do the same thing, and they don't require a turn to use, so I'll stick with those.

He also has Energy and Ki Rings, which we know the function of.

He also has these, which I'll buy at some point in the future. There's a few electric floors later on and I'd rather not have to wade through them and heal up later.

I've got some stuff to sell, which is good.

With the Carrot Glove equipped, we're not making money from random encounters, so if I want cash, and not grinding out extra levels, I'm forced to sell accessories and other things I don't need.

Such as the Scrap Irons we got from the Shu and Mai Machines. There's an extra 6,000z.

I didn't sell 'em yet, but I do have nearly 15,000z of stuff here I won't be using.

There are. There's a particular combination later I can't wait to get to. It's so :getin: it's not funny.

The combination I'm thinking of does not include this, but that is still a nice accessory.

Finisher Beans are pretty goddamned awesome. They're used outside of battle, and the character they're used on are given +1500 AP.

This guy doesn't like the car being parked here, so he's going to draw a dick or something on it.

We're not going to enter too many buildings in this game, but most of them have flavor text associated with them.

And deeper into West City we go.

That...Doesn't seem healthy, or safe. Like those guys who throw on plastic trash bags in the summer before they go jogging.

The dog man wants to go for a ride.

Aww, they're right. :(

Over here is an exit back to the world map and Capsule Corp's headquarters, where Bulma, Dr. Brief and Mrs. Brief live.

attacks to execute an Active Guard. If you get it right, you'll earn more resistance against Poison and things. It's worth trying out.

It's worth doing so you don't get your rear end beat, but thanks for the tip, old-timer.

And into Capsule Corp we go!

Hey, there's Bulma!

Neat! I like free stuff.

This is also pretty awesome. Instead of having just the two slots for Capsules, we now have three. I throw the Cold Boots into the other slot; we can now flip between our damage-floor safe Capsules and the Carrot Glove. Eventually we'll get a fourth Empty Capsule, but for now, we're at a good setup.

Capsule Corp has these two in a greeter's position.

They're...Kind of polite, I guess.

These two are planning on squatting in the Brief home, despite there being a family that lives there.

Then again, it's just the three of them and this place is pretty huge.

It's charming design has earned it a legion of fans even today.

There's also a little bit of a museum thing going on here.

If you were curious, after recording this update, Goku got all of the Fruits and the Finisher Bean.

I was debating on saving those Fruits for a character further on down the line, but decided they would do me more good now.

For some weird reason, while Mrs. Brief is usually depicted as blonde (as in, she's blonde in every other appearance), she has green hair in this game.

They also have a lot of dogs around here.

Basically, what we're learning here is that you don't always learn skills by upgrading just one; sometimes you have to level up two skills to different levels to learn something new.

For instance, the Meteor Combination that Goku learns requires the Combination to be at Level 3 and the Kamehameha to be at Level 2. Which they are.

Because the Meteor Combination kicks all sorts of rear end and will be pretty much my main Ki skill for Goku throughout the game.

Also, this raises Evasion by 10%. And increases by cash reserves by 1,000z.

I only know this is Mrs. Brief because the Dragon Ball wiki tells me so.

And it's really the only person it could be. Still not sure why her hair is green, but hey, whatever.

Jesus, the amount of animal noises is impressive.

Then again, some animals are using the wrong noises.

...My, aren't you eloquent.

:3:

Kitties aren't supposed to be on the table!

...Sorry.

And upstairs we go!

There are animals everywhere here. Most of them don't have dialog beyond their cries or whatever you want to call them, so I omitted some here and there.

A lot of NPC dialog and flavor text is just world-building, but it's really cool. It adds a nice amount of depth to the Dragon Ball world.

I guess this is a student or apprentice of Brief's, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

And he sounds like me when I was replacing my hard drive during Chrono Trigger. I had a buddy who helped me with it and he was trying to explain it, and I may as well have been looking into the human brain.

Here's one of the notes scattered about the world about the different S-Combos. We can look at these through the Crystal Ball in the menu and try to figure out what skills we need based on that.

Hmm. The name gives a better hint here than the description; the other move needed for this is Krillin's Destructo Disk.

Or it could be a combination of all three.

This is Bulma's dad, who invented Capsule technology, and is richer than poo poo because of it. He's a pretty cool guy, too, and Bulma inherited her smarts from him.

For whatever reason, he doesn't have a portrait, but here's what he looks like. He's basically always seen with his cigarette and Scratch, the cat on his shoulder.

Alright, that covers Capsule Corp. Let's go see the real important thing around West City.

It's not these children, but they're on the way to the important person here.

These kids are freaking out about nothing.

I've heard that Coro is a common dog's name, but I'm not sure if that's actually true. CoroCoro is the name of a Japanese manga magazine published monthly for children. Korokoro is a phenomime that means something like rolling, and also represents something that is spherical, fat, or small, according to Wikipedia.

Either way, a dog lives here, so these kids are just being weird.

We won't be encountering any of these dangerous things, just so you know.

Yeah, this definitely seems more like of the run-down part of town, where money is a bit tighter and people don't have the advantages of others, but I'm not sure why that guy would say it's dangerous.

The only thing I can think of it that maybe in the Japanese it was referred to as a slum or ghetto of West City and it was translated weird.

:catstare:

This dude, however, is super-creepy.

Did I mention I like all these different animal noises? It seems a little more immersive than every dog going "Woof!" or every cat going "Meow!"

Sadly, you cannot help pick up the garbage. :(

Oh, kitty!

Over here, this couple is arguing about what this closed down business will become.

For those of you who don't know, a maid cafe is a type of restaurant, which are typically found in Japan. In these restaurants, the servers are dressed as maids, and they serve the customers not as you would at a regular restaurant, but as mistresses and masters in their homes.

Wikipedia has a full article on them, if you're interested in that.

Up here is one of the best things in the city. It's not this cat.

Nor is it the people behind this door that we're eavesdropping on.

Despite them having good advice.

It's this guy over here. He's the only reason to collect carrots.

He's, uh, he's got a bit of an obsession.

Basically, he's asking us to bring him as many carrots as we can. I'm guessing we don't tell him that they used to be living creatures.

He does have some good stuff to give us later on.

So, periodically, we'll pop back here to drop our carrots off with him.

Hey, cool, we've killed at least 56 enemies since defeating Monster Carrot.

Okay, the first prize isn't exactly stellar, but a free item is a free item. And since 300 HP is still a good chunk for most of our characters, I'm okay with this.

After this, he'll want 500, and then 1,000.

This isn't too great, as I don't run very often, but the item after that helps us earn money (which is nice, since we're not making any from fights with the Carrot Glove equipped, barring boss fights), and the final item is the one needed to access the hidden dungeon, which has some really good stuff inside of it.

Has it been established this guy likes carrots?

I'm pretty sure this is his carrot repository, too.

But, that covers West City. We're moving onto East City now, which doesn't have much different about it.

The bottom screen is the one that gives you the specifics on where you're going when on the world map; this top screen is just more of a world-view.

We're only here for about five shots. Seriously, not much is different.

These two still argue about this.

It's been a few years since we were last here, so either this person is still debating on making that pot roast, or else radishes have become cheap again.

The Orin Temple influence is strong here. Little does this kid know that in this series, the more hair you have, the stronger you are.

And this covers the last of the interesting things here.

What, did you think I was kidding about being here for five shots? Seriously, East City hasn't changed much. It will eventually, but not any time soon.

But, enough of the sight-seeing. Next time, on Attack of the Saiyans, we'll finally get around to plugging that hole in the magical furnace, so stay tuned!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'd say it was worth letting Ox-King possibly die to fuel some guy's carrot addiction.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

I'm pretty sure there's no "Mrs. Brief", just Bra, Bulma's mom. Almost nobody has a surname in Dragonball - Goku has one of the only ones we ever see - so Bulma, Dr. Brief, and Bra aren't the Brief family, but they sometimes get called that because English uses "Dr. Lastname", where Dr. Brief is likely just using his first name.

Edit: Oh, right, I'm wrong. Ahahaha, whelp!

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 8, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

dancingbears posted:

I'm pretty sure there's no "Mrs. Brief", just Bra, Bulma's mom. Almost nobody has a surname in Dragonball - Goku has one of the only ones we ever see - so Bulma, Dr. Brief, and Bra aren't the Brief family, but they sometimes get called that because English uses "Dr. Lastname", where Dr. Brief is likely just using his first name.

Bra is Bulma's daughter.

Dr. Brief
Mrs. Brief
Tights Brief (Bulma's sister, debuted in Jaco the Galactic Patrolman)
Bulma Brief
Trunks Brief
Bulla Brief (Bra in Japanese)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The phenomime for rolling is actually "gorogoro," which is also the Japanese description for the sound of thunder.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Onmi posted:

Bra is Bulma's daughter.

Dr. Brief
Mrs. Brief
Tights Brief (Bulma's sister, debuted in Jaco the Galactic Patrolman)
Bulma Brief
Trunks Brief
Bulla Brief (Bra in Japanese)

Don't forget Vegeta Brief.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Bulma's mom was never really given a name in the manga, but turns out, Toriyama did actually think up one!

Panchy. :v:

Also note that both her and her husband are like, well over 50 years old here. Despite her looking like this.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

StrifeHira posted:

Also note that both her and her husband are like, well over 50 years old here. Despite her looking like this.

"Forget it, boss. It's anime."

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

StrifeHira posted:

She's the richest woman in the world. I'm sure she can pay for all the surgeries she ever wants to keep herself young forever.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

She keeps her Dorian Gray Portrait in a capsule.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

StrifeHira posted:

"I'm not sure why all of your friends keep calling me MILF, but it's such a cute little name!"

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

StrifeHira posted:

Just don't ask about the fridge Dr. Briefs keeps in his secret lab.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
1000. That's a long time to go with getting no money from combat.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

StrifeHira posted:

Bulma's mom was never really given a name in the manga, but turns out, Toriyama did actually think up one!

Panchy. :v:

When I was younger and my mom was hanging out with her 50 year old friends. (She was quite old when I was born.) a bunch of them looked pretty much exactly like that so I never found it odd. (yes this was when dragonball was on in america.) Some people just forget to loving age or something.

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
Did I see correctly that you had a wilted carrot? Can your carrot supplies rot away on you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Kallev posted:

Did I see correctly that you had a wilted carrot? Can your carrot supplies rot away on you?

Carrot supplies do not rot away. I forgot to mention this, but the carrots you get are based on how strong of an enemy you defeated. A lot of the enemies we're fighting here are dropping Wilted Carrots, which don't restore much HP. Actually, neither of the three carrot types restore much HP.

The guy we're gathering carrots for doesn't give a poo poo what kind of carrot it is, either. He holds a Wilted Carrot in just as high esteem as any other carrot.

• Locked thread