Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I've literally never heard of someone hitting their head in the locker room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Josh Lyman posted:

I've literally never heard of someone hitting their head in the locker room.

Seriously. That's gotta be a first in the history of the WTA (or ATP).

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Why arent we allowed to have nice things? :canada:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mladenovic hits an amazing tweener, and yet ends up losing the second set; now she's playing the decider against Makarova in a nearly-deserted after-midnight Ashe

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
You have to sign in through espn to watch online now, right? Last year as long as you came from an American IP you could just watch without doing anything but whatever I try it wants me to sign in via an ISP :(

I don't want to try a hooky stream :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

For the ESPN coverage you have to sign in but the US Open Channel stuff shouldn't need that. Have you tried going through the US Open site?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For the ESPN coverage you have to sign in but the US Open Channel stuff shouldn't need that. Have you tried going through the US Open site?

If I select any match and click watch live I get a little window for espn3 :(

Opens right there inside the us open site

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
Oh snap Young serving for a 6-1 second set against Wawrinka.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Halep looks like she's about to go down in flames if Lisicki doesn't choke. Halep looks exhausted and basically keels over after every point

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

thehustler posted:

If I select any match and click watch live I get a little window for espn3 :(

Opens right there inside the us open site
Yeah, the streaming seems to be more restricted every year. For some reason, I get the login prompt when going through usopen.org, but not if I go through watchespn.com.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Halep looks like she's about to go down in flames if Lisicki doesn't choke. Halep looks exhausted and basically keels over after every point

And the choking happened. Halep can barely move!

VVV: yes

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 7, 2015

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
I've been watching Lisicki v S-I-M-O-N-A with the sound off for the most part. What a mess, I guess it's hot. But why is Bine serving 67 mph first serves into the net? Are they both injured or something?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I really like Halep and I don't really know why

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Murray getting bossed around by Anderson. I kinda had an ominous feeling about this match although he's obviously not out of it by any means.

I'll be happy for Anderson if he does win, though, I like that guy.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

What world am I living in where Kevin loving Anderson is beating Murray?

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

ChaosReaper posted:

What world am I living in where Kevin loving Anderson is beating Murray?

Murray pumped himself up being furious about Anderson taking too long between the 2 and 3 set. He said "gently caress" about 27 times waiting. The remainder of this match he will be playing on pure rage.

"Fuckin' fine me. Grey areas all the time. They just exploit them, you do nothing about it."

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Murray is fun to watch when he's playing well but even more fun to watch when he's melting down

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Murray slowly clawing his way back in. Berdy and Gasquet will have to wait even longer.

The 8 minute break Anderson took was taking the piss but they let Sharapova do that all the loving time. Men don't need a heat rule when they can abuse toilet breaks.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

This is like the tennis equivalent of hell.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
stick a fork in andy

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

drat, Murray got destroyed in the tie breaker :(

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Brad Gilbert makes me uncomfortable

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

That's Andy's major quarterfinal streak gone (minus the one RG he skipped a few years back). Well deserved for Anderson, happy for the dude. :unsmith:

This on-court interviewer is embarassing.

edit: Also Petra's through to the QFs for the first time at the US Open. She has a decent shot at making the semis.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
I feel bad for Isner. He's clawing as hard as he can to stay in this one with Federer and at 6-6 in the 2nd set tiebreak, Roger just return aces him, then rips a backhand winner right on the line.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Roger looking as good as he does at 34 is kind of unreal. some of those returns were amazing

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Taking a tie-break 7-0 from Isner is just crazy.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

What on earth is with these on-court interviewers? "Go get a big plate of pasta!" Seriously? Maybe not quite as embarassing as the idiot from last night but not far off either.

Hoping Tsonga wins the next one.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cilic is gonna repeat lol.

Glare Seethe posted:

What on earth is with these on-court interviewers? "Go get a big plate of pasta!" Seriously? Maybe not quite as embarassing as the idiot from last night but not far off either.

Hoping Tsonga wins the next one.
Brad Gilbert seems compelled to be "entertaining". Not sure how much is him and how much is ESPN directive.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tsonga serves up 136 mph in the tiebreak and it's onto the decider. I hope he gets this

Chris Chichester
Oct 23, 2001
Fun Shoe
I'm trying to figure out when Federer's match will start tomorrow. ESPN broadcast starts at 7pm EST but his match won't start before 8pm EST, am I reading this right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Venus is looking pretty good

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Chris Chichester posted:

I'm trying to figure out when Federer's match will start tomorrow. ESPN broadcast starts at 7pm EST but his match won't start before 8pm EST, am I reading this right?

Yep 8pm. There's an exo doubles match on before Federer.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

Venus is looking pretty good

It's hot as gently caress here also

Chris Chichester
Oct 23, 2001
Fun Shoe

Sodium Chloride posted:

Yep 8pm. There's an exo doubles match on before Federer.

Thank you!

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Mladenovic hits an amazing tweener, and yet ends up losing the second set; now she's playing the decider against Makarova in a nearly-deserted after-midnight Ashe

That was a great first 2 sets! Shame Ashe was nearly empty.
Am I a bad tennis fan for enjoying Mladenovic-Makarova more than Federer-Isner last night?

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

I love watching Lopez play sometimes. He feels like a throwback to the 90s.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Gasquet v Federer is now on at 7pm Eastern as there is rain coming in.

The doubles exo has been pushed backed/maybe canned.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

ChaosReaper posted:

I love watching Lopez play sometimes. He feels like a throwback to the 90s.

I'm down any time anybody audibles to serve-and-volley.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Halep-Azarenka on serve in the third suspended for rain. This has been a pretty good match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Does the roof on Ashe mean they can keep to the scheduled matches there?

• Locked thread