Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Amazon sells it in rolls, local plastics sellers will have it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

After All The Prosaic Waiting... The Sun Finally Crashes Into The Earth.

xzzy posted:

Amazon sells it in rolls, local plastics sellers will have it too.

Yeah, I wasn't sure what thickness to get, but then I realized I can just check what was for sale at places like HockeyShot.com. Went with a 24 x 48 x 1/8 for $25. :hellyeah:

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

First schedule just came out.

Annnnd I have to work during my debut. This is garbage.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

doctor 7 posted:

First schedule just came out.

Annnnd I have to work during my debut. This is garbage.

Just cite emergency personal leave. "My family needs me".

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Vargatron posted:

Just cite emergency personal leave. "My family needs me".

Sadly I help run the project I am on and am legally the only person that can operate certain vehicles on it. Even if I'm dying I basically have to show.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
First time skating in the seattle area. Had to drop my brother in law of at the airport so I went to a stick and puck session at Kent Valley. Nice rink, ice was good. Rink seemed clean and we'll kept. Only three guys and a goalie. Basically hockey nirvana.

Verman fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 8, 2015

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
The jerseys arrived.

Each one lovingly named.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

:lol:

10/10

I gotta ask, is that a real last name or a silly nickname? I could possibly deduct points if the latter.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 9, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

One of the teams at my rink put fake names on all their jerseys, the team is Brew Crew and all the "names" are types of alcoholic drinks.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I gotta ask, is that a real last name or a silly nickname? I could possibly deduct points if the latter.

The lineup is:

pre:
30	Johnson		G
55	Willie		
44	Longfellow	
66	Wang		
40	Thunderbird	
68	Dong		
13	Prick		
4	Tubesnake	
77	Joystick	
99	Rocket		
52	Bishop		
87	Pecker		
27	Woody		
11	Wiener		
81	Sausage		
8	Jimmy		
Also had to ensure the crest included a hotdog package. Sadly, the fact that Hebrew National hotdogs come in packs of 7 was an oversight.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Verman posted:

First time skating in the seattle area. Had to drop my brother in law of at the airport so I went to a stick and puck session at Kent Valley. Nice rink, ice was good. Rink seemed clean and we'll kept. Only three guys and a goalie. Basically hockey nirvana.

Welcome to the hood dude :hfive: I've been lucky enough to have my last 2-3 stick n pucks have a chill goalie and like 5 people tops. It's so nice. Now for a "good" contrast to Kent Valley S&P, go to Highland Ice stick & puck at The Hockey Prison in Shoreline :v: :suicide:

Bootcha posted:

The jerseys arrived.

Each one lovingly named.

The lineup is:

pre:
30	Johnson		G
55	Willie		
44	Longfellow	
66	Wang		
40	Thunderbird	
68	Dong		
13	Prick		
4	Tubesnake	
77	Joystick	
99	Rocket		
52	Bishop		
87	Pecker		
27	Woody		
11	Wiener		
81	Sausage		
8	Jimmy		
Also had to ensure the crest included a hotdog package. Sadly, the fact that Hebrew National hotdogs come in packs of 7 was an oversight.

:golfclap: Those jerseys must have cost a pretty penny and, beer league dorkiness aside, they're pretty rad/funny

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
A team in my league was Top Gun for a while until they disbanded. All the names on the jerseys were, you guessed it, pilots from Top Gun. I even got to play 1 season as Merlin before moving to a different team.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
An idea floating in my head was printing actual Hebrew type-set phrases on the nameplates (Mazel Tov, Oy Vey, Chutzpah, nothing offensive), but the work and time to translate and find a typeset for the jersey guys was a bit too much. So dick jokes relating to sausages won out.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
actual Hebrew on the back of the jersey would have been pretty good.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Bootcha posted:

The jerseys arrived.

Each one lovingly named.

Which team is wearing these?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

a team without women, presumably

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sellouts posted:

a team without women, presumably

That'll be the trick, figuring out a dick-themed name for a girl's jersey that's a bit more classy and clever than the others.

As for the team, it would be the mixed league team if it pans out for me. They were originally for the C1 team a buddy and I were gonna captain, but the decision was to put the extra team in B2, cutting us out.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Bootcha posted:

The lineup is:

pre:
30	Johnson		G
55	Willie		
44	Longfellow	
66	Wang		
40	Thunderbird	
68	Dong		
13	Prick		
4	Tubesnake	
77	Joystick	
99	Rocket		
52	Bishop		
87	Pecker		
27	Woody		
11	Wiener		
81	Sausage		
8	Jimmy		

what middle school does your team play for?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

So you spent all of that money on a team that doesn't officially exist and a gimmick that the rest of the team may not understand?

Are you giving the jerseys away or expecting a team to pay for it?

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

All of my jerseys say "DR HOOK" on the back cause I'm that cool. Also allows me to say all my hooking penalties are done on purpose.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sellouts posted:

So you spent all of that money on a team that doesn't officially exist and a gimmick that the rest of the team may not understand?

Are you giving the jerseys away or expecting a team to pay for it?

I have a set of jerseys for when I captain, which happens to be not this season but probably next. The mixed league failing this season, I have them for next when mine comes back for the next in 3 months (they didn't want to conflict with Sunday afternoon football). Not totally sure, but I might do a "$10 rental" for the season per jersey to subsidize the cost, it's what another team does with their custom jerseys. Someone might want to buy one of them outright, in which case I'm fine with.

Also my middle school was predominantly Jewish, funny enough.

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

Bootcha posted:

That'll be the trick, figuring out a dick-themed name for a girl's jersey that's a bit more classy and clever than the others.

Envy.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:golfclap:
It's like it was staring me in the face. Need one more so there's a small and a medium.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Perfect.

Bootcha posted:

:golfclap:
It's like it was staring me in the face. Need one more so there's a small and a medium.

Streisand. For no reason whatever.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Bootcha posted:

I have a set of jerseys for when I captain, which happens to be not this season but probably next. The mixed league failing this season, I have them for next when mine comes back for the next in 3 months (they didn't want to conflict with Sunday afternoon football). Not totally sure, but I might do a "$10 rental" for the season per jersey to subsidize the cost, it's what another team does with their custom jerseys. Someone might want to buy one of them outright, in which case I'm fine with.

Also my middle school was predominantly Jewish, funny enough.

So yes, you spent that money without a team this season and you're basically giving them away.

I mean it looks like at $10 it'll be realistically 2019 before they're paid off, assuming that people are going to want to rent a 5 season old random jersey vs just bringing their own blue?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sellouts posted:

So yes, you spent that money without a team this season and you're basically giving them away.

I mean it looks like at $10 it'll be realistically 2019 before they're paid off, assuming that people are going to want to rent a 5 season old random jersey vs just bringing their own blue?

Someone's making me feel bad about spending money on hockey stuff. :v:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Bootcha posted:

hockey stuff.
Doesn't sound like those shirts will be used for hockey any time soon, that's just your snipped sausage wardrobe right now.

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

sellouts posted:

I've played on a couple of casual tournaments teams now where someone showed up with pre-made jerseys for the team. It doesn't seem to be all that unusual. I've never been asked to rent the jersey, though, usually either you return them at the end of the tournament or buy them.

Pinky Artichoke fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 10, 2015

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Bootcha posted:

BUN
duh.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D C posted:

BUN
duh.

And obviously "Envy" gets "1".

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Well, for a team of random people we did pretty well for ourselves last night.

12-0 win. I had an assist I didn't even realize I had. Our goalie faced eleven shots all night.

The team we were playing against isn't very good, and they had a guy in who had never played goal before.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Verman posted:

4 people. drat. Our rink sold out the last stick and puck I was at in the first 10 minutes (25 people) and then the waiting list (10 people) filled up.

25 skaters on the ice for 2.5 hours does NOT make for a fun 15 minute Zamboni run.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Well, for a team of random people we did pretty well for ourselves last night.

12-0 win. I had an assist I didn't even realize I had. Our goalie faced eleven shots all night.

The team we were playing against isn't very good, and they had a guy in who had never played goal before.

Hey that was my team. Tell #16 to knock off the show off bullshit before he gets himself hurt.

And yeah our team sucks everyone except for two or three of us started playing in Feb or so. We were missing all our good players last night too. I was probably our best player there which is Not Good.

drizzle fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 13, 2015

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

The show boating is pretty uncool after a 3 or 4 goal lead.

If you're up 6+ and still throwing the horns or some poo poo that's a pretty jackass thing to do.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

drizzle posted:

Hey that was my team. Tell #16 to knock off the show off bullshit before he gets himself hurt.

Lol. It's you. You're the worst.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
imma go gently caress up that accountant who is celebrating excessively in my tripod league

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Any time someone says "they're gonna get hurt" at an ice rink, the PA system should play DUN DUN DUNNNNNN at max volume.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
The only time I feel the urge to hurt someone is if they, recklessly or intentionally, do it to me first. If some douchebag wants to celebrate excessively in beer league, who cares?

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

Habibi posted:

The only time I feel the urge to hurt someone is if they, recklessly or intentionally, do it to me first. If some douchebag wants to celebrate excessively in beer league, who cares?

My favorite thing is if someone celebrates excessively and the other team makes a big deal out of cheering for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

I read it more as a "some people may take that shut too seriously" more than a "imma gently caress 'im up proper next time, mate."

Pinky Artichoke posted:

My favorite thing is if someone celebrates excessively and the other team makes a big deal out of cheering for him.

Haha I will make use of this