Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
How quick would they be to defend a Muslim working at some state DMV that decided it would be against their religion to give women a driver's license?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SumYungGui posted:

How quick would they be to defend a Muslim working at some state DMV that decided it would be against their religion to give women a driver's license?

Maybe they're being held up by the sky marshal audition process?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm kind of surprised that the right doesn't jump all over MvM as an incredible overreach of judicial powers by an activist court.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

I'm kind of surprised that the right doesn't jump all over MvM as an incredible overreach of judicial powers by an activist court.

What is MvM?

edit:

vvvvv/ Well, Mark Levin was all over that yesterday on his show specifically saying that Marbury vs. Madison was a huge judicial overreach and that the Supreme Court was never intended by, at least his, Founding Fathers to have the power it now has; wasn't even suppose to be a co-equal branch of government; in his opinion.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 10, 2015

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
e ^^^ Marbury v Madison I believe

zoux posted:

I thought they took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution.
Just their particular version, which only contains the 2nd Amendment and heavily redacted parts of the 1st.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/10/arizona-residents-form-group-to-investigate-string-shootings-along-stretch/

quote:

A group of Arizona residents have decided to take the investigation into a string of vehicle shootings along an eight-mile stretch of Interstate 10 into their own hands.

Members of the so-called “Bolt Force,” dressed in all black, wearing body armor and armed with semi-automatic weapons, said Wednesday that they plan to do foot patrols in part of Phoenix in hopes to catch a possible shooter who has been terrorizing the community.

With residents already on edge, someone tipped off the authorities about the group and reported one of the members as being suspicious, according to KSAZ. Police ended up detaining and questioning the leader of the group, known as “Bolt.”

"The communication error caused resources to be drawn to me instead of the shooter which is bad, and it wasn't a result of me, it was a result of a breakdown of communication," he said. "Today I was out alone scouting and looking for shell casings, but I relayed that to law enforcement agencies, someone is going to get hurt or killed, and we are adding another element to this, I believe our presence at night in the dark can be effective.”

The state Department of Public Safety said in a statement, “We would prefer they let us handle this investigation.”

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Talmonis posted:

Apparently the Ayatollah of Iran just poo poo in Obama's face in an attempt to sabotage the deal, by declaring Israel won't exist in 25 years.

Of course he did. Fun.

I didn't hear Rush squawking about it while I was out at lunch, but I'm sure the rest of the assholes on later in the day will run with it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

radical meme posted:

What is MvM?

edit:

vvvvv/ Well, Mark Levin was all over that yesterday on his show specifically saying that Marbury vs. Madison was a huge judicial overreach and that the Supreme Court was never intended by, at least his, Founding Fathers to have the power it now has; wasn't even suppose to be a co-equal branch of government; in his opinion.

Haha yesssss. John Marshall you loving liberal scum!

I mean the founding fathers were still mostly alive back then, they didn't even have graves to spin in.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Guys dressed in black armed with semi-automatics wandering around at night looking for a shooter? How can this possibly go wrong?:allears:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Xand_Man posted:

Guys dressed in black armed with semi-automatics wandering around at night looking for a shooter? How can this possibly go wrong?:allears:

Between this and the Oathkeepers acting as Kim Davis' personal body guard, how can The Onion stay in business?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

CommieGIR posted:

At this point the Oathkeepers group is just a white supremacist movement.

IIRC a couple of weeks ago the national Oathkeeper community started schisming due to one faction wanting to loan guns to Ferguson protesters for a 2nd amendment solidarity march against police brutality.

I'm pretty sure those guys got disavowed right-quick by the rest of the Oathkeepers, who understand exactly what kind of citizens should be armed and what kind should not.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

radical meme posted:

Between this and the Oathkeepers acting as Kim Davis' personal body guard, how can The Onion stay in business?

They can finally get the Pulitzer Prize they deserve.

I mean, the white hot sphere of rage really is the leading Republican candidate of choice right now....

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Xand_Man posted:

Bonus: This is their leader.

It's always important to select the right tactical contacts for your mission. I assume these let him see in the dark or something.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Aerox posted:

It's always important to select the right tactical contacts for your mission. I assume these let him see in the dark or something.

Sign me up for i too wish to become a living shakytar

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

How are u posted:

IIRC a couple of weeks ago the national Oathkeeper community started schisming due to one faction wanting to loan guns to Ferguson protesters for a 2nd amendment solidarity march against police brutality.

I'm pretty sure those guys got disavowed right-quick by the rest of the Oathkeepers, who understand exactly what kind of citizens should be armed and what kind should not.

:frogon:

EDIT: Aww, shucks

quote:

While the Oath Keepers support protesters’ right to bear arms, Andrews denies reports that the group planned on giving guns to them directly.

“The people of Ferguson are going to arm themselves. They’re all going to have in their pockets permits to carry,” he says. Still, “if I met a guy that I liked, and...he’s been vetted and he’s a good guy and he needs a gun, I might give him one—not as an Oath Keeper, but as a human being.”

Although, bonus quote about protesters being afraid of being shot if armed:

quote:

“I kept telling them, ‘No, they won’t,’ and they kept saying, ‘Yes, they will shoot us,’” Andrews says. “Then I realized we had a problem. It wasn’t three people—it was everyone that felt that way.” Andrews says he usually carries a .308 semiautomatic rifle and a sidearm.

“St. Louis County police have so violated the people’s rights that the people in the black communities here believe if they even thought about publicly exercising their God-given right for protection, for carrying a firearm, that they would be shot dead by the police—that’s a real issue,” he says.

BirdOfPlay fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 10, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aerox posted:

I can never tell if Hopsin is joking or not.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Aerox posted:

This guy is going to get shot by one of his own trigger happy people.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Aerox posted:

In another timeline, this guy is a smilie heavily used on our forums.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Nonsense posted:

we could make that this timeline, i think

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Xand_Man posted:

Reminds me of Larry Vickers. He got interviewed about his tactical shooting courses and said that if his kid was at school when a mass shooter attacked, he would gear up with all his guns and plate carrier and battle belt and rush in to find and kill the shooter.

Doesn't say what he plans to do if the police see him.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Reminds me of Larry Vickers. He got interviewed about his tactical shooting courses and said that if his kid was at school when a mass shooter attacked, he would gear up with all his guns and plate carrier and battle belt and rush in to find and kill the shooter.

Doesn't say what he plans to do if the police see him.

Yell "No, no, wait, you guys! Why won't you ever let us play with you? My mom says you have to!" before predictably getting gunned down and initially identified as one of the shooters?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Aerox posted:

I'd be laughing my rear end off at these guys, the Oathkeepers, and the LARPers guarding racist cartoon exhibitions and surrounding mosques if they weren't armed to the loving teeth with live ammunition.

These guys have thousands of dollars worth of weapons, ammo and milsurp costumes going to waste in their basements and they're absolutely dying to use them. I feel like we're a backfiring car or a brick dropped on concrete away from a bunch of people getting killed over nothing because these dipshits never grew out of playing GI Joe.

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

Aerox posted:

For some reason I can't help but see googly eyes

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Aerox posted:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Aerox posted:

I pondered on this a bit and all I can come up with is that maaayybe they might help protect your night vision by putting an artificial limit on pupil dilation, but it's more likely he's just a total tool.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

ReidRansom posted:

I pondered on this a bit and all I can come up with is that maaayybe they might help protect your night vision by putting an artificial limit on pupil dilation, but it's more likely he's just a total tool.

More likely is he wears contacts for vision correction and choose that look for aesthetics. I doubt it's part of his milsurp wanna be soldier rig.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Raerlynn posted:

More likely is he wears contacts for vision correction and choose that look for aesthetics. I doubt it's part of his milsurp wanna be soldier rig.

That was what I meant by him being a tool.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Raerlynn posted:

yeah but that's the aesthetic choice you'd expect from someone on their way to a gothic industrial rave in the mid 90's and not a grown man creeping around playing cops and robbers in the middle of the night, armed to the teeth

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nonsense posted:

:staredog: in Trump's "Make America Great Again" cap basically.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Tesseraction posted:

"Make America Great Again"

I can't not hear that in the voice of the villain from Metal Gear Rising.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

BirdOfPlay posted:

Although, bonus quote about protesters being afraid of being shot if armed:

The merits of carrying a .308 rifle around outside of hunting/a range/a warzone aside, he's not really off base about the rest of the quote. It's kind of cute that he's having this sort of epiphany publicly like this.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wow, so I'm really out of the loop. I had no idea that Doug Elmendorf was already replaced as CBO director by a Bush economic adviser. The good news however, is that this guy, who was specifically chosen by Republicans because he would make their policies look better, seems on the level:

quote:

The new Republican-appointed director of the Congressional Budget Office delivered some bad news … to the party’s “Reaganomics” devotees: Tax cuts don’t pay for themselves through turbocharged economic growth.

Keith Hall, who served as an economic adviser to former President George W. Bush, made the pronouncement at his first news conference after the CBO reduced its 2015 budget deficit forecast by $60 billion.

Hall spoke to reporters recently, shortly before lawmakers returned to Capitol Hill, and he threw cold water at one of the Republican Party’s top economic principles. “No, the evidence is that tax cuts do not pay for themselves,” Hall told reporters. “And our models that we’re doing, our macroeconomic effects, show that.”

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/congressional-gop-cant-even-cook-the-books-properly#break

Maybe it was all needless worrying. Even if this guy was the most adamant supply-sider on the planet, it would probably still be pretty hard to fudge the numbers with all the other career bureaucrats at the CBO.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Aerox posted:

Hey Vern, keep America white!

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
This is a little late, but if anyone wants to see just how bad Detroit has it, Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown has an episode on Detroit that is just mind blowing. It's even on Netflix.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Mr Interweb posted:

Wow, so I'm really out of the loop. I had no idea that Doug Elmendorf was already replaced as CBO director by a Bush economic adviser. The good news however, is that this guy, who was specifically chosen by Republicans because he would make their policies look better, seems on the level:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/congressional-gop-cant-even-cook-the-books-properly#break

Maybe it was all needless worrying. Even if this guy was the most adamant supply-sider on the planet, it would probably still be pretty hard to fudge the numbers with all the other career bureaucrats at the CBO.

Yup. This news was kinda underplayed last month since it came out right in the middle of gunchat.

And it's worth noting that they failed to make them pay even WITH dynamic scoring in place to tip the scales by including "economic growth" as part of the cost/benefit analysis.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone give us an update on Rand's "Women Betrayed Rally"? I haven't seen anything about it; haven't searched for it either though.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Aerox posted:

For some reason, I can absolutely see this guy screaming "I LIVE, I DIE, I LIVE AGAIN"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mr Interweb posted:

So how long until that guy gets branded a RINO and the GOP swap in some guy who will properly venerate St. Ronnie?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

All the facts and figures on earth won't do a drat thing to shake what is essentially religious dogma at this point. Hell, the IMF has admitted outright that austerity doesn't work and hurts economic growth but that hasn't stopped governments from inflicting it on their populations as a form of cruel morality play meant to cleanse the economy of its sins.

Also, deep down they don't really care if tax cuts to the rich help or hurt the economy. The tax cuts are an end in themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
Motion to advance Iran deal disapproval resolution hit 41 NO, voting is live on CSPAN2:
http://www.c-span.org/video/?327922-1/us-senate-debate-iran-nuclear-agreement&live

• Locked thread