Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
and it's coming to Apple TV as well

Guitar Hero Live is also coming to a wide array of devices, including consoles, mobile devices and Apple TV. Guitar Hero Live’s GH Live mode brings you closer to the live stage experience with live-action, first-person gameplay with crowds and bands that react dynamically to how you play. There’s also GHTV, the world’s first playable music video network, which lets you play along with a continually updated collection of official music videos spanning a variety of genres. Guitar Hero Live for Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices will come with the redesigned six-button guitar controller, which connects through Bluetooth so it be used across all supported Apple devices.
“We jumped at the opportunity to bring back Guitar Hero in a cool new way with Guitar Hero Live and have been energized by the response from fans who have had a chance to play it so far,” said Jamie Jackson, co-studio head and creative director at FreeStyleGames. “We can’t wait for the game to launch next month and think people are going to get a kick out of living their rock star fantasy on consoles, mobile devices and Apple TV this fall. It’s going to be rad!”

https://blog.activision.com/communi...hone-ipod-touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Don't own or want an Xbox One.

ElwoodCuse posted:

I blame Microsoft more than anything, if the Xbone wasn't a pile of poo poo when it launched I'd have happily kept on their platform and would have already pre-ordered the game and adaptor.

The need for an Xbone is the perfect opportunity to undermine Microsoft by getting a used one for $200 on your nearest metropolitan area's Craigslist.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I'm always up for more Rock Band, but I'm not going to make the commitment to buy an XBone unless they announce ION support. I don't need another drumset kicking around, and I don't think I'd be able to go back to the regular pads after playing the IONs for so long. Plus, I can't say the announced songs have gotten me too excited. There's definitely great stuff on the list (Elvis!), but overall I'm kinda meh.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Of loving course my GH5 guitar's upstrum (alongside the up D-pad at the exact same times) decides to start cutting in and out on me a month before Rock Band 4. :suicide:

At least I have the PAX East guitar incoming in the off-chance that I can't get ahold of another one before release. On that note, does anyone else know when that's supposed to ship?

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Brocktoon posted:

I'm always up for more Rock Band, but I'm not going to make the commitment to buy an XBone unless they announce ION support.
I even already own an Xbone and the lack of ION Drum Rocker support basically killed any interest I had in RB4. I know that people like you and I are in the super-mega-minority (if there are more than a couple thousand ION owners who still care I'd be shocked) but hey, that doesn't change things for us. I had hope for Drum Rocker support right up until the point that HMX started saying "You'll have to contact ION" which likely means HMX hit a wall with whatever they could work out with Microsoft, and now it's up to ION to manufacturer a new brain for it. Which is super unlikely, right?

I'm no games scientist, but is it really that impossible to just plug in an old 360 controller via USB to the Xbone and write up some compatibility driver for it? Isn't that EXACTLY what someone did in their spare time to make PS3 fight sticks work on the PS4?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

xamphear posted:

I even already own an Xbone and the lack of ION Drum Rocker support basically killed any interest I had in RB4. I know that people like you and I are in the super-mega-minority (if there are more than a couple thousand ION owners who still care I'd be shocked) but hey, that doesn't change things for us. I had hope for Drum Rocker support right up until the point that HMX started saying "You'll have to contact ION" which likely means HMX hit a wall with whatever they could work out with Microsoft, and now it's up to ION to manufacturer a new brain for it. Which is super unlikely, right?

I'm no games scientist, but is it really that impossible to just plug in an old 360 controller via USB to the Xbone and write up some compatibility driver for it? Isn't that EXACTLY what someone did in their spare time to make PS3 fight sticks work on the PS4?

360 controllers have weird encryption stuff so MS themselves would probably have to care and write those kinds of drivers and support it system wide and they would rather you just buy all new controllers for everything.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
More details revealed regarding the new campaign and character creator.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
So... it's like 2 mixed with LEGO then, and a bit more flavor text. Hm!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Brocktoon posted:

I'm always up for more Rock Band, but I'm not going to make the commitment to buy an XBone unless they announce ION support. I don't need another drumset kicking around, and I don't think I'd be able to go back to the regular pads after playing the IONs for so long. Plus, I can't say the announced songs have gotten me too excited. There's definitely great stuff on the list (Elvis!), but overall I'm kinda meh.

Same, if there's no ION or Midi Pro adapter support I just won't bother

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
C3 custom song releases for September 11, 2015 (End of Days week 1 of 4):

New! I Can't Believe It's Not Guitar Hero C02 13-pack
  • Aerosmith - "Livin' on the Edge" M (Neversoft and Nunchuck ft. farottone)
  • Corinne Bailey Rae - "Put Your Records On" M (Neversoft and TrojanNemo ft. farottone)
  • The Cure - "Fascination Street" M (Neversoft and BearzUnlimited)
  • Dire Straits - "Sultans of Swing" M (Neversoft and Nunchuck ft. farottone)
  • Duffy - "Warwick Avenue" M (Neversoft and farottone)
  • In Flames - "Take This Life" M* 2x (Neversoft and AddyMilldike)
  • Lenny Kravitz - "Rock and Roll Is Dead" M (Neversoft and farottone)
  • Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" M (Neversoft and farottone)
  • Nelly Furtado - "Turn Off the Light" M (Neversoft and farottone)
  • Queens of the Stone Age - "Mexicola" M (Neversoft and BearzUnlimited)
  • Sonic Youth - "Incinerate" M** (Neversoft and BearzUnlimited)
  • Them Crooked Vultures - "Scumbag Blues" M (Neversoft and pksage)
  • Tony Solis - "Guilty Pleasures" M 2x (Neversoft and DVDSmith)
* "Take This Life" only has separate stems for Guitar and Bass.
** A rhythm guitar version of "Incinerate" is also available.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
double postin lyyyyyfe

A Harmonix employee just posted this in the Rock Band subreddit:

:smith:

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

pksage posted:

C3 custom song releases for September 11, 2015 (End of Days week 1 of 4):

Tough crowd uh? Well, let me be the first then to "OMG TURN OFF THE LIGHT!".

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
More Dire Straits is always good. Solid week.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Well pleased for more old QotSA.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Drogadon posted:

Same, if there's no ION or Midi Pro adapter support I just won't bother

Yeah, this just made me check out for future Rock band.

Then I spent a bit of thought today saying to myself "why aren't I seeing the Customs releases this week?". I forgot I unbookmarked this thread when they announced no Ion support. But I had to come back just to see the custom releases. So thanks to the C3 team for that!

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I love Rock Band so much, but seeing as how I've sold my 360, I'm royally hosed. I don't really see myself being able to justify another £200 to buy the PS4 kit, and I don't want to deck £300 buying the Xbone and adaptors for my old 360 stuff (where my £200 library is at), so gently caress knows. Probably just buy a cheap 360 and play my old stuff, I suppose. Rock Band 3 pretty much did what I wanted, in terms of being able to play any track without having to story mode it, and being able to use any instrument, etc. I don't think RB4 is going to do very well. Fingers crossed I'll be able to get the full set cheap when it bombs out. I'd rather it got more popular, I just don't see it happening.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Orange Harrison posted:

I too am disappointed they took out the "own hundreds of songs", "pass all these insipid drum beats" and "connect with social media" achievements.

Don't forget the 'have at least 2 friends and hit literally every triple harmony in the game.'

Also what are the stage presence things?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

FirstPlayer posted:

Don't forget the 'have at least 2 friends who aren't completely tone-deaf and hit literally every triple harmony in the game.'

FTFY

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

FirstPlayer posted:

Also what are the stage presence things?

Rock Band 4: We Don't Know and We Don't Know When We'll Know

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Mexicola! :O
aww yeah
e: if only I actually owned a 360, such a cool project.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Rock Band 4: We Don't Know and We Don't Know When We'll Know

Actually, it's "Rock Band 4: Stay tuned!"

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WKufcX8n0

The Stage Kit is too much fun to not add to my Rok Drummer app. Watch the video to see me flailing at the end to showcase how it interacts with the Stage Kit :shroom:

Get it from the C3 forums. Direct link to the thread is on the video description.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

New track announcement tomorrow. Get those C3 downloads in while you still can.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

TrojanNemo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WKufcX8n0

The Stage Kit is too much fun to not add to my Rok Drummer app. Watch the video to see me flailing at the end to showcase how it interacts with the Stage Kit :shroom:

Get it from the C3 forums. Direct link to the thread is on the video description.

That looks amazing! My only question is how did the orange cymbal on the GH5 kit get hit with no orange notes?

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Because that's how it works on the real games? The orange cymbal used by the GH kits is used by Rock Band as the crash cymbal. There were some issues that I fixed between the video and release so if you pay close attention when it's auto-playing cymbals and using the RB1 kit nothing was registering. Now it's fixed so both cymbals and toms register on the toms on those kinds of kits.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

The smell of the death of Rock Band surrounds you

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Jesus those last songs announced were awful.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

That Smell is a good song

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
The One I Love is very good and I can't believe it's not already DLC

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

abraham linksys posted:

More REM all the time, says I. And Gin Blossoms!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hell yes Brad Paisley. Also lol they used Start a Band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F_FN4ygjTo

And finally, That Smell.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

abraham linksys posted:

Probably because it was in Guitar Hero forever ago.

I really can't justify the cost of an Xbone to play this game, especially if it turns out to die a quick death.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Oh, Tongue Tied is that song

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
FOLLOW YOU DOWNNNNNN I don't care how stereotypical it is that I love '90s alt-rock, or whatever, that song is awesome. Other winners, as mentioned: The One I Love, That Smell. I loving hate Imagine Dragons, and this song sucks, but at least it's not "Demons". Mumford & Sons is also terrible but whatever.

Listening to the other songs on Spotify, tons of good guitar tracks in here:

- "Start a Band": Wow, this is actually a really good Rock Band song. If you're gonna have country on-disc, this is how you do it.
- "Mainstream Kid": Also pretty good, though not a fan of the chorus. It reminds me a little of "At Night in Dreams" with a lady singer. And a lot of other differences. Never mind.
- "V-Bomb": Can't find this anywhere. Come on, guys, no Bandcamp?
- "Ain't Messin' 'Round": This is like 1:1 a Black Keys song, which is fine. With trumpets.
- "Tongue Tied": Oh, THAT song. Neutral. At least it's not one of the much worse folksy, "post-indie" songs you hear on the radio these days.
- "Recession": Can't find this one either.
- "Cold Clear Light": Same. Get a website, for real, even if you're "just" a Harmonix band.
- "Free Falling": Yikes, I can't stand this singer's voice. Not a fan of the whole song.

They say this is the final setlist reveal, but there was definitely a hint at Earth, Wind & Fire in that one promo video, alongside Imagine Dragons. Maybe the EWF song got bumped to DLC?

pksage fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 14, 2015

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Brad Paisley is perfect for music games, too bad the player base is irrationally afraid of country music.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

If I buy this for PS4, how would I get RB2+3 tracks on it? I used to play RB2+3 on my Wii. I can't imagine ever playing RB4 without the setlists from those CDS, if there isn't a way to just download those then I won't bother getting the new one

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

MinibarMatchman posted:

If I buy this for PS4, how would I get RB2+3 tracks on it? I used to play RB2+3 on my Wii. I can't imagine ever playing RB4 without the setlists from those CDS, if there isn't a way to just download those then I won't bother getting the new one

This is one of the things we don't know for sure yet. RB3 songs definitely won't be available at launch, but they're "looking into it". RB1, RB2, and LEGO should be available in some form, ideally as newly purchasable DLC packs that don't require a legacy export key, but they haven't said.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

Getting RB2 on your PS4 would involve finding a copy of RB2 for the PS3 with an unused export code. Since those were redeemed via RB3, you'd also need to get/borrow a copy of that.

There is currently no announced way to get RB3 disc songs into RB4.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

thefncrow posted:

Getting RB2 on your PS4 would involve finding a copy of RB2 for the PS3 with an unused export code. Since those were redeemed via RB3, you'd also need to get/borrow a copy of that.

There is currently no announced way to get RB3 disc songs into RB4.

so basically I need to buy RB2, then RB3, then export all of RB2 to RB3 on my old PS3, then what? it's just tied to my account and shows up in RB4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

MinibarMatchman posted:

so basically I need to buy RB2, then RB3, then export all of RB2 to RB3 on my old PS3, then what? it's just tied to my account and shows up in RB4?

The site used to generate RB2 export keys is down, so that's not possible anymore.