Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCiAjChKcCI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Not really. Steele won his party the House in 2010, and they shitcanned him.

It makes sense from a career politician perspective; you're going to get a ton of money win or lose, winning hard enough to earn a supermajority in all three aspects of governance earns you nothing but embarassment when you have to find an excuse not to make good on your promises.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

This uauaaeeeh election.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Loving 2016 is easy cause it's beautiful.
Bing bing bing bing bing-bing.
uauaaeeeh

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Ghost of SA Past
Sep 16, 2015

Montasque posted:

Donald Trump tossing MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN hats at people on the deck of a Battleship while THE STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER plays over the loudspeaker.

Great moment, or greatest moment?

Usually I make 'em a little smoother but :effort:

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
California governor Jerry Brown would like to welcome the GOP candidates for tonight's debates.

Welcome, 'Merchants of Destruction!'

quote:

As he struggles to bring under control devastating wildfires that he blames at least partly on global warming, California Governor Jerry Brown has an un-welcome message for the Republican presidential candidates gathering in his state for a debate Wednesday.

"I would challenge these Republican presidential candidates to speak to what is certainly one of the fundamental issues of our time," Brown said in an interview. "They fancy themselves defenders of life but they actually are willing merchants of destruction. I would like to see them be honest about climate change."

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Anyone have any Trump assassination conspiracy theories?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

chokes to death on a hydrox cookie

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Baloogan posted:

Jeb calls in a favor from daddy's work friends

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 195 days!
Dies horribly and publicly along with a large crowd after Archlich Cheney casts Horrid Wilting.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

5 people are hurt after Bobby Jindal plows his car into a Trump event.

Trump is uninjured.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

5 people are hurt, including Bobby Jindal, after he plows his car into a Trump event.

Trump is uninjured.

fixed

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost of SA Past posted:

Usually I make 'em a little smoother but :effort:

Is that Jeff Bridges on stage with him?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The democrat debate thing might be secretly genius? If trump flames out before them then Bernie can be the only one saying populist economic stuff and pick up some people interested in that part of trump. Also there will be a clearer picture of what Republican will win the thunderdome. This is the first primary I've been old enough to bother paying attention to though so I'm not sure how useful stealing media initiative is.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
WBUR has a new NH poll. Likely voters, so this isn't one of Trump's better results, but still...

Trump 22
Carson 18
Fiorina 11
Kasich 9
Bush 9
Cruz 5
Paul 4
Christie 2
Rubio 2
Walker 1
Huckabee 1
The rest: 0

So...Trump, Carson, and Fiorina in double digits in NH among likely voters. No one else in double digits. Scott Walker at a stunning 1%.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Today is the day, I'm so happy

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Immediately after his event on the USS Iowa, Trump took to twitter to talk about how rich and famous he is

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Baloogan posted:

RNC hires a hispanic assasin before the convention when Trump's victory seems inevitable, tries to frame the cartels.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Patter Song posted:

WBUR has a new NH poll. Likely voters, so this isn't one of Trump's better results, but still...

Trump 22
Carson 18
Fiorina 11
Kasich 9
Bush 9
Cruz 5
Paul 4
Christie 2
Rubio 2
Walker 1
Huckabee 1
The rest: 0

So...Trump, Carson, and Fiorina in double digits in NH among likely voters. No one else in double digits. Scott Walker at a stunning 1%.

Hahahaha gently caress Scott Walker forever.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

TheTatteredKing posted:

The democrat debate thing might be secretly genius? If trump flames out before them then Bernie can be the only one saying populist economic stuff and pick up some people interested in that part of trump. Also there will be a clearer picture of what Republican will win the thunderdome. This is the first primary I've been old enough to bother paying attention to though so I'm not sure how useful stealing media initiative is.

I'd agree on that but I don't see why there are so few late debates. The Republicans have 5 debates scheduled in February and March. The Democrats only have 2. The lower number of debates at that point heavily favors Hillary within the primary and gives up a lot of free media exposure to the Republicans.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Baloogan posted:

Reince Priebus tells him there's a cask of Amontillado in the RNC basement.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I think Carson will lose support after a few more debates. I don't think he can handle himself head to head against the other candidates, and now that he's the one that non-Trump candidates need to steal support from (since Trump seems to have locked down his) he's going to be a target.

I think Carson has been rising in the polls because he hasn't spoken much, or hasn't been forced to talk about policy.

I can't wait for the fucker to fall.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Baloogan posted:

Trick question. Donald Trump cannot be assassinated, he is surrounded at all times by the most lethal (yet luxurious) bodyguards.

Like the guy to the right: he just walked off the set of Miami Vice, and he's ready for blood.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Hahahaha gently caress Scott Walker forever.

Seems that the last few polls have had anti establishment candidates totaling around 51-52%. Bizarre time to be interested in politics, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this.

That being said, I organized a 30 person gathering at a local bar for the last debate and the bar owner wants me to do it at every debate. He offered up his function room no charge, and now I'm getting recognition for uniting politically minded people at big gatherings?

Anyone live in the NH/MA coastal area who might be interested, haha?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

really israel could slaughter all these children without our help, I just didn't want to miss out on the chance to participate

Pillowpants posted:

I'd love to, but can't do today's. I'd totally be up for joining a group somewhere for the next one though. Where would it be exactly?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I think Carson will lose support after a few more debates. I don't think he can handle himself head to head against the other candidates, and now that he's the one that non-Trump candidates need to steal support from (since Trump seems to have locked down his) he's going to be a target.

Yeah I can't really explain Carson except for being sort of the similar candidate to the NotRomneys from 2012. I think the 'top-tier' candidates have been really damaged by Trump because most of their rationale is competence - they can beat Hillary/get things done for Conservatism/etc and they're getting beaten like a drum by someone they despise. It's incredibly damaging. Carson, on the other hand, is clearly Not Trump but he also doesn't have the same expectations that the top-tier candidates had to be a competent politician. It's not a problem for him that he hasn't beaten Trump. But I'm not sure he has much of a platform besides "well, I'm not Trump and he hasn't humilated me yet" that distinguishes him.

Honestly I'm starting to believe Trump is going to pull it off. If he sweeps Iowa and New Hampshire, I no longer believe that people who support another candidate will refuse to support him.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Baloogan posted:

Assassination by Media?

Jeb Bush Huddles in Secret for Off Record Meeting with Fox News, CNN, Other Media Ahead of Debate

quote:

A Republican political insider told Breitbart News:

"Two reporters complained to me today that their editors and producers forced them to attend an off the record pre-debate meeting with Jeb Bush, who is in single digits in all national and state polls. I was also told that the meeting was so low energy and boring that one reporter described it as a ‘snooze siesta.’ Jeb wavered for five days on whether to hold the gathering but then decided that it would be a mistake not to try and spin tomorrow’s loss which will be both in form and substance. The good news is that Jeb spoke to an audience which doubled his last campaign event."

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Patter Song posted:

Scott Walker at a stunning 1%.

I can't believe voters aren't being seduced by his program of repealing labor laws from the 1930's.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Joementum posted:

Now he's tossing his hats out.

I feel like we're a week away from a Presidential candidate with a t-shirt cannon.

Late, but there'll be 50-50 raffles, too.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Joementum posted:

Fun fact: John Philip Sousa IV runs Ben Carson's Super PAC.

Joe, have you seen that freebie paperback that JPS IV wrote for Carson? We got ours at the Hopkinton State Fair last week. Stuck under all the windshield wipers.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

That "Republican insider" sounds exactly like Trump.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Pillowpants posted:

Seems that the last few polls have had anti establishment candidates totaling around 51-52%. Bizarre time to be interested in politics, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this.

That being said, I organized a 30 person gathering at a local bar for the last debate and the bar owner wants me to do it at every debate. He offered up his function room no charge, and now I'm getting recognition for uniting politically minded people at big gatherings?

That would be fun, I'm nowhere near the area though. I am going to watch at my buddy's house, like we would watch a football game. :munch:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Patter Song posted:

Scott Walker at a stunning 1%.

gently caress yourself forever you slimy piece of poo poo!

I hope he loving resigns after being embarrassed on the national stage like this.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

William Bear posted:

Trick question. Donald Trump cannot be assassinated, he is surrounded at all times by the most lethal (yet luxurious) bodyguards.

Like the guy to the right: he just walked off the set of Miami Vice, and he's ready for blood.

They look well trained, too. You can identify a well trained bodyguard by how they hold their hands. A good guard will always keep their hands held up at about chest level when in a close contact situation.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

XK posted:

They look well trained, too. You can identify a well trained bodyguard by how they hold their hands. A good guard will always keep their hands held up at about chest level when in a close contact situation.

I can't tell if you're kidding or not.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
This was what CNN thought would be a catchy image on their homepage a little while ago

They've all got big questions they'd like answered in the debates. Personally I imagine that Steven King is wondering the same things I'm wondering, thanks CNN.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Brannock posted:

gently caress yourself forever you slimy piece of poo poo!

I hope he loving resigns after being embarrassed on the national stage like this.

I'm just glad that others can feel the joy I felt when George Allen's political career disintegrated.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

docbeard posted:

I'm just glad that others can feel the joy I felt when George Allen's political career disintegrated.

Same, my god he was the worst. It's a shame it had to be Jim Webb to do it, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Michael Scott posted:

I can't tell if you're kidding or not.

No, I'm not. Watch how the Secret Service works rope lines.

• Locked thread