Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Agrikk posted:

Goddammit Dell.

I just want to download drives for a laptop. I don't feel like it is necessary that I have to download and install Dell System Detect 6.6.0.2 to be able to do this. Especially since I am downloading these driver files on a different computer. Especially since this computer isn't even a Dell.

edit: And fix your goddamn ISO making tool thingy. What a neat feature it is to be able to download all your drivers into a single ISO that I can burn/mount/etc. But if it produces a valid ISO with an invalid file structure, making each file unusable, what's the point?

I know you've already finished, and have gotten several responses, but generally speaking the fastest way I've learned to find Dell drivers is to screw looking for the individual device driver you need, and just download the entire cab file, expand it to a temporary folder, go into Device Manager and update/install the drivers by point it at that directory. Delete it when you're done.

It's dumb but it's easier than everything else I've found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Man, I really wish that Google Apps was as easy to dick with in PowerShell as O365 is. I understand why this is the case, but still.

Are there any good modules out there that can really get into stuff? gShell is really limited.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Sunofabitch. Two score thousand sunrises upon your firstborn son.

Why am I just now learning about this? Is this a new thing or is it that I've been working on Dells for so long I've fallen into a routine?

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Agrikk posted:

Why am I just now learning about this? Is this a new thing or is it that I've been working on Dells for so long I've fallen into a routine?

I've only been worrying about Dell drivers for about a year and a half so I couldn't tell you before then. It's where I get my driver packs for MDT, but I've started using it for one-off crap, too.

Edit: This of course only works on the business-grade (Latitude/Optiplex/XPS/Precision/etc) stuff. Lord help you if you've got an Inspiron or whatever.

Japanese Dating Sim fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 16, 2015

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Agrikk posted:

No, it's definitely not new.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Gothmog1065 posted:

I'm saddened that we can't take "trash" cat5 cable from work (normally just the clips on the ends are broken) because they "retain information".

I have to deal with this poo poo but it's not that bad. Are you military or something ?

Today my boss didn't speak to me or my direct report at all today because she has taken my direct reports resignation personally.

She probably doesn't realise this episode has inspired me to update my CV

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

angry armadillo posted:

I have to deal with this poo poo but it's not that bad. Are you military or something ?

Healthcare. I enjoy the work so far (it's end of fiscal year, people are waiting to report hosed up poo poo to get it replaced), and I've only heard it once in passing and shrugged and moved on. If it had been more something along the lines of "We don't because we don't want people abusing it" type line, I would have accepted it. Well, I accepted it anyway because It really don't bother me that much.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Our new in-house counsel is defaulting his email typeface to Bookman Old Style. :catstare:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Agrikk posted:

I think it's been around a while, Dell just doesn't make it easy to find. On their support site I had to do some digging, but it's usually under System Utilities or System Management as a driver package, just click "other formats" and you can get a CAB file download, extract with a tool like WinRAR, then update drivers as needed from Device Manager.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

Our new in-house counsel is defaulting his email typeface to Bookman Old Style. :catstare:
I default to Courier New.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
Ahh, HP.

I sent you a list of 41 serial numbers for blade chassis enclosures a week and a half ago. "We'll get to it" Was the answer i kept getting.
Why did I want this? BEcause i'm about to spend a shitload of money renewing support contracts.

Well, gently caress you, HP, I just scripted getting the part number and serial number out of all the OA's and just fed them into HP's web tool.
Now I know why they didn't want to get back to me. Our support isa nightmare, we have like 6 different contracts, none with the same support options in them.

Also, goddamn, HP? How many fuckin part numbers can the same piece of hardware have? The C7000 chassis we have have 3 4 different part numbers. And of course HP is too stupid to figure out what the equipment is from just the serial number alone.

And now, Dell. gently caress you too.
I wanted to update some ancient servers with iDRAC6 cards. Took me forever to find an updater that wasn't for windows. But I found one for linux.

... but it wants (and demands) an ancient version of 32 bit glibc that isn't easily available for the OS i'm running (meaning it's not in the general repo.) I can find it, but gently caress spending all that time for hardware that's getting tossed in 6 months anyway.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Ozz81 posted:

I think it's been around a while, Dell just doesn't make it easy to find. On their support site I had to do some digging, but it's usually under System Utilities or System Management as a driver package, just click "other formats" and you can get a CAB file download, extract with a tool like WinRAR, then update drivers as needed from Device Manager.

I've finally bookmarked that site, but you can always find it via Googling <model> cab file.

Just FYI, it's faster to do a command prompt - I believe the syntax is expand C:\<path_to_cab>\<cab_file>.cab -f:* C:\<path_to_temp_directory>

The -f flag specifies which files to extract, and -f:* grabs everything.

I just mention that because I remember WinRAR taking forever.

Japanese Dating Sim fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 16, 2015

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Sometimes sifting through 488 pages of poo poo reveals the diamond.

:)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

poo poo that pisses me off: This CCNP SWITCH class is so gratingly slow that reading far ahead in the CCNP SWITCH textbook is more interesting and I'm learning more.

Instructor dude, please, stop trying to draw parallels between VLANs and Hyper-V. It's just going over everyone's heads because not even you know where you're going with it.

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:

nitrogen posted:

Ahh, HP.

I sent you a list of 41 serial numbers for blade chassis enclosures a week and a half ago. "We'll get to it" Was the answer i kept getting.
Why did I want this? BEcause i'm about to spend a shitload of money renewing support contracts.

Well, gently caress you, HP, I just scripted getting the part number and serial number out of all the OA's and just fed them into HP's web tool.
Now I know why they didn't want to get back to me. Our support isa nightmare, we have like 6 different contracts, none with the same support options in them.

Also, goddamn, HP? How many fuckin part numbers can the same piece of hardware have? The C7000 chassis we have have 3 4 different part numbers. And of course HP is too stupid to figure out what the equipment is from just the serial number alone.

And now, Dell. gently caress you too.
I wanted to update some ancient servers with iDRAC6 cards. Took me forever to find an updater that wasn't for windows. But I found one for linux.

... but it wants (and demands) an ancient version of 32 bit glibc that isn't easily available for the OS i'm running (meaning it's not in the general repo.) I can find it, but gently caress spending all that time for hardware that's getting tossed in 6 months anyway.

You can just update the raw firmware into the iDRAC Web Interface update page.
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/555/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=0F12K
Download the Application, iDRAC6_1.99_A00_FW_IMG.exe file. It's just an extractor the raw firmware, file inside is firmware.d6

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, a coworker used wunderlist.com in an email he sent to my director - CC'd "me@wunderlist.com" - and my boss is freaking out and wanting me to see if our information security should investigate him. I told him I wasn't comfortable doing that and that he should just talk to him directly about it, and I found this - https://support.wunderlist.com/customer/en/portal/articles/59709 - in about 5 seconds. I can understand not wanting people forwarding work emails to external addresses but holy crap this is insane.

I need to cert up and get out of here.

Edit: Boss came to his senses and told me not to worry about it. Thank god.

Japanese Dating Sim fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 16, 2015

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Man, you'd figure in the two years I've been at this company saying "Hey we should check how much data there is to transfer before scheduling 'quick jobs' to switch computers" that somebody WOULD loving DO IT loving ONCE.

Only 7 more days of this poo poo.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Pissing me off today: NJTransit

So I knew I wasn't going to make my train, and knew for certain that my Train pass is a valid bus pass at all times, thanks to the fact that printed right on the bloody thing how many zones it's good for. So I try to catch my bus into the city and the driver would not accept the pass because "The train is working fine and I haven't heard an announcement over the radio" So I wind up getting kicked off that bus with a threat to have the police called on me because I didn't have the fare to cover my trip. Does anyone else know for sure that I was wrong and couldn't use a 5 Zone train pass to take a 4 Zone interstate bus? I tried calling to complain, but got put on hold forever and had to break it off.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

So I knew I wasn't going to make my train, and knew for certain that my Train pass is a valid bus pass at all times, thanks to the fact that printed right on the bloody thing how many zones it's good for. So I try to catch my bus into the city and the driver would not accept the pass because "The train is working fine and I haven't heard an announcement over the radio" So I wind up getting kicked off that bus with a threat to have the police called on me because I didn't have the fare to cover my trip. Does anyone else know for sure that I was wrong and couldn't use a 5 Zone train pass to take a 4 Zone interstate bus? I tried calling to complain, but got put on hold forever and had to break it off.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Looks like you were right, according to http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/BusRiderGuide.pdf (Bus Ticket Options -> Riding with a rail pass) , although you might want to confirm at an information desk at a train station. The guy driving the bus just probably never had that happen before, which I can understand because the train is way nicer.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Inspector_666 posted:

Man, I really wish that Google Apps was as easy to dick with in PowerShell as O365 is. I understand why this is the case, but still.

Are there any good modules out there that can really get into stuff? gShell is really limited.

Python. You want to script Google Apps in Python. As of v3.0 of the API it's really slick and you can make it dance and do tricks. If you can handle Powershelgl, you can do Python.

quote:

I repair Xerox, HP, and Apple equipment. This might get long.

Xerox' site for us for checking part numbers (nonexistent), looking up pricing (adequate), checking for updates to service manuals (absent), and managing part orders (sad) sucks. Your landing page after logging in as an ASP is plain HTML, barely branded, with a list of about 8 links to various functions. On the other hand, it rarely comes up.

HP would be more than adequate if everything worked and/or was reliable. Got a serial number ? Got an SKU ? The link for unit config doesn't work, you have to use the link from the warranty entitlement page. The fact that the serial number isn't enough to even try says weird things about their underlying data structure. Just a serial number won't get you warranty status either. Even weirder, we've got the same model (HP 840/820 G1) with multiple SKUs. Those appeared before they replaced a couple of hundred spare parts for those models. That's logic boards, smart card readers, and other components being revised post-introduction. The table of old and new part numbers was released as an image file, not text.

That's a little stream of consciousness I admit, but it's heartfelt. HP is amazingly frustrating from the perspective of an ASP. I miss the good old days, when they were an engineering company.

Now Apple. I saved them for last. Their portal - GSX - is a beautiful thing. The landing page after login has news items and a sidebar with open repairs and other status items. Feed a serial number into the search function And you get the unit config, every diagnostic or troubleshooting procedure run on the machine, case management, and part ordering. The part listings have prices and (often) pictures. The current service manual is linked. So are diagnostic procedures for a wide variety of symptoms that take you from "is it plugged in" through to "use a screwdriver to short these two posts on the logic board to force it to power on". Protip: On a laptop, disconnect the battery and plug it in - it'll automatically power up if it can; gently caress shorting contacts with a loving screwdriver.

Once you've finished fixing the thing, you put in the serial numbers for the bad part you're sending back and the good part you received. If you got a DOA part, there are a series of dropdown to tell them exactly what was wrong with it. I've had to use both "just visually inspect the part, ok ?" for a logic board with one of the mounting screw holes not drilled through to "I broke something". Once you're done, mark the repair as closed. That's an amazing level of support for the ASP compared to Xerox and HP.

I mentioned diagnostics. All three have standards for performing diagnostics and troubleshooting prior to ordering parts. Well, HP doesn't that I've seen. All they provide for our current standard laptop is EFI diagnostics for RAM and HD, and a downloadable battery tester. Xerox has a paper form you print out and fill in when you order a replacement print head for a solid ink printer, and a wide suite of on-board diagnostics in their workgroup printers. You can activate specific motors and watch them try and turn back and forth.

Apple has been putting on-board hardware tests (logic board, RAM drive, fans, various chipsets, and a bunch of sensors) on their machines up to 2014. To supplement that, there's Apple Service Tools that runs on an OS X Server machine. Anything that can send a broadcast packet to that server can netboot into a diagnostics menu that reports results back to Apple (they show up in GSX immediately). There's a wide suite of subcomponent tests to run, including interactive keyboard and trackpad tests. With the 2015 models they went to a cloud approach. At a customer's site, I can punch a serial number into GSX on my phone, Request Diagnostics, and request a specific test. Boot the machine with Opt-D down and connect it to the Internet, and it boots into diagnostics mode and runs the test. The results show up in GSX immediately, in more detail than before. Really damned handy.

Since this is now an overview of life as an ASP…

All three manufacturers have metrics for their ASPs. These metrics cover accurate diagnoses, number of parts per repair (for Xerox printers this is a joke), and time to return the bad part. This rating affects your hourly rate for warranty repairs. A lot. 50% swings in your hourly rate are possible month by month. If we don't return parts ordered on a warranty repair in a timely manner, we are charged for them (our sales team is competent and this is passed along to the customer). Being an ASP is a tricky game, but with a good contract to your customer you can do well.

tl;dr Some manufacturers suck to be an ASP for. Some rock.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

mllaneza posted:

Python. You want to script Google Apps in Python. As of v3.0 of the API it's really slick and you can make it dance and do tricks. If you can handle Powershelgl, you can do Python.
Python is probably the best suggestion for dicking around in the Google Apps API, but if you can't get away from .NET for whatever reason you should be writing your program in C++/C#

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

anthonypants posted:

Python is probably the best suggestion for dicking around in the Google Apps API, but if you can't get away from .NET for whatever reason you should be writing your program in C++/C#

There's also Python in .NET via IronPython which at least claims to deliver a combination of both worlds, but I have never used it and have absolutely no idea if it's worthwhile to use or a steaming pile.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Someone also wrote the best command line utility for GApps management, GAM, in python. It's good and open source. Not worth writing your own API hooks when GAM exists. I'm thinking about creating a password reset webpage for students though, getting really sick of doing them myself and self service isn't an option.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

wolrah posted:

There's also Python in .NET via IronPython which at least claims to deliver a combination of both worlds, but I have never used it and have absolutely no idea if it's worthwhile to use or a steaming pile.

It's a steaming pile that got abandoned almost 10 years ago and barely works, and its inability to use cpython modules is the nail in the coffin.

anthonypants posted:

No C++, especially without any experience in unmanaged languages. C++ gives you too many ways to shoot yourself in the foot, and no concrete advantages for most business logic (much less for a complex script)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Roargasm posted:

Someone also wrote the best command line utility for GApps management, GAM, in python. It's good and open source. Not worth writing your own API hooks when GAM exists. I'm thinking about creating a password reset webpage for students though, getting really sick of doing them myself and self service isn't an option.

Yeah, I guess I'll just look into getting GAM working through the old fashioned command prompt. Or not, I'm only gonna have to work with it for another week right now.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 17, 2015

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i hate having to use windows at work. i'm a linux sysadmin for god's sake, let me run linux. putty sessions are nice and all but at the end of the day i want are shell aliases to connect to wherever i need to be :smith:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

deep impact on vhs posted:

i hate having to use windows at work. i'm a linux sysadmin for god's sake, let me run linux. putty sessions are nice and all but at the end of the day i want are shell aliases to connect to wherever i need to be :smith:

From the windows admin side, I am definitely all for you having a linux system if that is what you want. Saying that, for some reason there is sometimes problems with letting you go with a linux OS.

1. Linux users that need support with their linux systems. My desktop folks aren't probably going to be a good resource to help you with these issues. You are basically your own system support person. The moment you run into issues you can't handle you need to go back to the systems where we can handle the problems.

2. Sometimes corporate requires x software to be on every system, even when it doesn't make sense.

3. Your machine doesn't get group policy so the standardized security configurations aren't something your machine is going to get. That means that access is going to have to be custom. Someone else is always going to need access to your machine for security reasons. How much of a pain in the rear end is that going to be?

I have made it work before, but it has also been a pain in my rear end before.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

From the windows admin side, I am definitely all for you having a linux system if that is what you want. Saying that, for some reason there is sometimes problems with letting you go with a linux OS.

1. Linux users that need support with their linux systems. My desktop folks aren't probably going to be a good resource to help you with these issues. You are basically your own system support person. The moment you run into issues you can't handle you need to go back to the systems where we can handle the problems.

2. Sometimes corporate requires x software to be on every system, even when it doesn't make sense.

3. Your machine doesn't get group policy so the standardized security configurations aren't something your machine is going to get. That means that access is going to have to be custom. Someone else is always going to need access to your machine for security reasons. How much of a pain in the rear end is that going to be?

I have made it work before, but it has also been a pain in my rear end before.

i can definitely support my own system thankfully, but we do have poo poo like outlook and ibm security software that i just want to :frogout: so that i can do my job more efficiently

also, opening ssh with pubkeys to select ip addresses within the company network would work well to allow any necessary access but minimize risk

peter banana
Sep 2, 2008

Feminism is a socialist, anti-family, political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.
"Disregard the project schedule for now, it needs to be completely changed. Work on validating what you've done so far so that the content matches the framework we should have had from the beginning of the project but only got yesterday."

Literally one day later:

"WHY ARE YOU BEHIND ON THE PROJECT SCHEDULE?"

Wha...whuh...ugghhhhhh.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VirtualBox with a linux instance used to be the first thing that would go on any corporate laptop I would get.
Thankfully these days I'm with a company that turns mostly a blind eye on me spooling up a Fedora box and hooking it into our AD server for authentication.

Things that are pisisng me off right now: Customer configurations that are breaking the machines that I maintain. FIX YOUR drat poo poo, I AM TIRED OF BOUNCING YOUR SERVICES EVERY loving DAY. (And then having you complain because of your own self-caused ~outage~)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

When I say "we need to discuss your IT strategy" it's not because I really enjoy talking about planning for growth, it's because I believe that a lack of a common software load, no central management of AV, no encryption or backup of laptops, a bunch of different SaaS subscriptions with no common user directory and "let's buy infrastructure from eBay" is not appropriate for a company approaching 20 full time employees and £2m revenue. But if you want to make excuses about being busy for another two years then that's fine. Just don't ever present an issue that would have been covered by such a plan as urgent ever again.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Thanks Ants posted:

When I say "we need to discuss your IT strategy" it's not because I really enjoy talking about planning for growth, it's because I believe that a lack of a common software load, no central management of AV, no encryption or backup of laptops, a bunch of different SaaS subscriptions with no common user directory and "let's buy infrastructure from eBay" is not appropriate for a company approaching 20 full time employees and £2m revenue. But if you want to make excuses about being busy for another two years then that's fine. Just don't ever present an issue that would have been covered by such a plan as urgent ever again.

lol my old company used to buy routers and switches off ebay and then do the same fuckin thing when they ended up being lovely or broken

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
my main gripe: embedded vendors ruining grsecurity for literally everyone else

tl;dr: embedded vendors releasing "grsecurity" patchsets for kernel versions that were never supported and refusing to stop doing so when asked. now the rest of us can only get the testing patchsets unless we donate $300/month (i think) to be a sponsor.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Volmarias posted:

Looks like you were right, according to http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/BusRiderGuide.pdf (Bus Ticket Options -> Riding with a rail pass) , although you might want to confirm at an information desk at a train station. The guy driving the bus just probably never had that happen before, which I can understand because the train is way nicer.

And, now that Penn Station lost power the one day I need to leave work extra early, I'm waiting in line at the Port Authority hoping that even through two separate ticket agents said it's fine, the driver won't be an rear end in a top hat and act like my monthly pass is invalid.

On the plus side, you saved me the unnecessary purchase of a bus ticket today.

Edit: it worked! Hooray!

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 17, 2015

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Thanks Ants posted:

"I'd like to save you money and reduce the risk that you get your pants sued off," might be a more compelling elevator pitch for a busy small business owner. I'm not disagreeing with you, but the statement you gave sounds like an IT person talking shop than like a business person making a business case (which I think is what you are trying to do.)

Good luck!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I like to think I do already, but I'll definitely re-read everything to make sure it's first and foremost a "how can you make more money" discussion. Thanks.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Agrikk posted:

Sometimes sifting through 488 pages of poo poo reveals the diamond.

:)

Well, "diamonds" is subjective...might find a stray corn bit or a whole peanut occasionally, this is IT after all

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ozz81 posted:

Well, "diamonds" is subjective...might find a stray corn bit or a whole peanut occasionally, this is IT after all

Pretty sure those ARE diamonds from our perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

lol my old company used to buy routers and switches off ebay and then do the same fuckin thing when they ended up being lovely or broken

I worked for a dsl provider years ago that did this for their dslams.

Let me tell you, customers really appreciate it when it takes 5 to 7 days to get service back up again because you have zero service contracts on anything, and you have to source parts off of eBay.

After I was fired, there was an outage that lasted 14 days because they couldn't find parts they needed on eBay.