Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The one where the creators realized they had the chance to directly make fun of bronies on every level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
"Two Bumblebees and a Wasp", because of how Beast Boy turns into an '80s Wall Street guy and makes Robin demean himself to "dance fo yo bees".

That being said, gently caress the people who edit wikis for these shows:

quote:

Robin saying how the evil consumed Beast Boy and turned him into a monster is a reference to the final battle of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, when Ganondorf becomes Ganon after Link defeats his first form and Ganondorf collapses his tower, he erupts from the rubble of it once Link escapes.

Yes, THAT'S what it's a reference to and not, you know, all other literature in human history.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Flobbster posted:

"Two Bumblebees and a Wasp", because of how Beast Boy turns into an '80s Wall Street guy and makes Robin demean himself to "dance fo yo bees".

That being said, gently caress the people who edit wikis for these shows:

Yes, THAT'S what it's a reference to and not, you know, all other literature in human history.

:psyduck:

What.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Trivia section of fan wikis are the best.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay dude but who do you think writes for a teen titans fan wiki

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Most of my favourites have been said, but Hose Water and Let's Get Serious are probably my favourites, alongside Girls Night since it was the episode that made me decide to follow the show.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The cycle has been going on for as long as animation exists

Perv gets gig in animation thing > Perv decides to throw in a few kinky stuff and everyone just nods along because they are into it also > Children see this stuff and just take it for normal > Kids grow up and get into that stuff that started as innocent cartoon jokes > they join the animation industry and the cosmic ballet goes on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmoW-gNjjXA

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Nothing can top Dreams for me, but most episodes are still very funny. You can't go wrong with using direct Teens Titans footage and just giving it a samurai pizza cats dub. Or anything that probably was the most fun for the voice actors to do like And the Award for Sound Design Goes to Rob.

drrockso20 posted:

So what would you guys say is your favorite episode, mine is probably a tie between Oil Drums and Leg Day as both are absolutely hilarious episodes

also this show is going to cause a bunch of kids this generation to develop some interesting kinks when they get older, I can already tell

I really doubt anything kids see today will gently caress them over as bad as the stock of millennials that grew up with Totally Spies. But you can't really stop kids from discovering how weird they are even without the internet. Something gets in their head and they get odd ideas and then no amount of therapy or drugs could close Pandora's Kink once its discovered.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The tooth eating episode was :stare:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Applewhite posted:

That one and the one where Beast Boy stays a gorilla are the only episodes I really dislike. The tooth eating one is just gross, while the gorilla episode has Beast Boy just acting like a huge rear end in a top hat for no reason and not in a funny way.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
The tooth episode was pretty funny, partly because it was such a gross concept.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Applewhite posted:

Ta-ta-ra-ta-ta~

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The tooth eating episode was the best.

What it really needed was a Thompson's Teeth style eating of other teeth.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Parts Kit posted:

The tooth episode was pretty funny, partly because it was such a gross concept.

I mean yeah there's that but it made me squeamish to watch.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Applewhite posted:

I mean yeah there's that but it made me squeamish to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzw6nRnaQG0

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this? posted:

That one and the one where Beast Boy stays a gorilla are the only episodes I really dislike. The tooth eating one is just gross, while the gorilla episode has Beast Boy just acting like a huge rear end in a top hat for no reason and not in a funny way.

Those two and Hot Garbage are my least favorites. Sometimes they just go Ren & Stimpy level gross and it's really not my thing.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Not really a fan of meatball party.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

raditts posted:

Those two and Hot Garbage are my least favorites. Sometimes they just go Ren & Stimpy level gross and it's really not my thing.

But, Sticky Joe!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Crabtree posted:

Nothing can top Dreams for me, but most episodes are still very funny. You can't go wrong with using direct Teens Titans footage and just giving it a samurai pizza cats dub. Or anything that probably was the most fun for the voice actors to do like And the Award for Sound Design Goes to Rob.

I really doubt anything kids see today will gently caress them over as bad as the stock of millennials that grew up with Totally Spies. But you can't really stop kids from discovering how weird they are even without the internet. Something gets in their head and they get odd ideas and then no amount of therapy or drugs could close Pandora's Kink once its discovered.

On the other hand way more kids are watching TTGO than ever watched TS

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Define kids.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Ta-ta-ra-ta-ta~

My six year old did this for the rest of the day in perfect imitation every time he said something after watching this episode. It was disturbingly hilarious.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Just droppin by to say this show and We Bare Bears are amazing. Cyborg is the best. Here I thought kids nowadays had awful cartoons

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I've only seen the tooth episode and the one where Robin races kid flash (belieeeeeeeeve) and my wife and I absolutely love this show. We about fell on the floor when Robin kneecaps him.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
You had the gift of Silence and you pooped on it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheHoosier posted:

Just droppin by to say this show and We Bare Bears are amazing. Cyborg is the best. Here I thought kids nowadays had awful cartoons

Nope, cartoons nowadays are better than ever! Nostalgia be damned! Damned I say!

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Nope, cartoons nowadays are better than ever! Nostalgia be damned! Damned I say!

The audiences however, leave a lot to be desired.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There'll be new episodes every day next week at 6:30pm est.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So there won't be any change in the schedule, then?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Holy poo poo, tomorrow's episode is going to go full meta.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FAN loving TASTIC. Next level trolling.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I'm dying here, this is great work. I didn't think they could top Let's Get Serious, and then they spring this one on me. Whimsy.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I can taste the internet tears already.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't wait for Mr. Enter's capital O Opinions about this episode.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I look forward to showing you all the internet fallout form this episode (it was pretty great). Tumblr is already getting super pissy.

e: :argh: "did you lose your heart when you got those robot parts?"
:smith: "Yes"

e2 :haw: "Feels like a student film yo!"

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 21, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I especially like that they twisted the knife by directly referencing the finale of the old series.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The art style also seemed closest to something like Over The Garden wall. While it was obviously done with affection, that will also probably get people super pissy.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Amazing. I hope they never stop directly mocking the butthurt fans of the older series.

Also fun to note that (spoiler I guess for the 99.9% of you who didn't play the console video game): The setup for the episode was more or less a direct copy of the big "twist" ending, where the Titans all address the fourth wall and get creeped out by the audience/player.

Here's a screencap of the not-Photoshop screen for anyone like me who was curious.

Waffleman_ posted:

I especially like that they twisted the knife by directly referencing the finale of the old series.
I'm pretty sure in the clown episode Beast Boy flat out said "Things change" when they were talking about letting go of childish nostalgia.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

axleblaze posted:

The art style also seemed closest to something like Over The Garden wall. While it was obviously done with affection, that will also probably get people super pissy.

I don't know why people would get upset, like you said they never call any of the stuff they're parodying bad. Basically all they're saying is "Highbrow jokes, fancy animation, and the old Teen Titans show are all fine, but this show isn't about that stuff and that's fine too."

Anyway, I liked the episode a lot. One of the best meta episodes they've done so far and that's saying something.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Is this the third time they've directly responded to the old fans? How much loud whining do those people do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TheFattestPat posted:

Is this the third time they've directly responded to the old fans? How much loud whining do those people do?

Too much. They're doing it right now.

• Locked thread