Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
http://www.dfoneople.com/news/notices/view/Minor-issues-from-last-maintenance Announcement for technical issues with events.

Short version: Rental weapon conflicting with a previous ended event, removed until the 6th, extended to the 27th, values changed to +10 reinforce +5 refine. Fixing the crafting recipe errors. Giving everyone a redo on the Day 14 box on the 6th.

Also apparently right now the Hollow Amulet's bonus applies to everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Nethertribes posted:

Also apparently right now the Hollow Amulet's bonus applies to everywhere.

Tested it. That is not the case.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Watching five liberations and two reposes go up in smoke in two days is pretty great.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
My random blind box was another + level ticket :toot:

Also haha at the cow level being added. It's not bad XP either.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Checking to see if I somehow missed this--are growing weapons like Dragon/Phoenix weapons not eligible for Open Reinforcement? I have a +10 Dragon weapon, and the only extra thing on it is a couple of extra stats from the Sharan event a few months back.

edit: I'm going to guess it's because it doesn't have a fixed weapon level? I'm 77

they are not, which is a shame, because it'd be nice to get some tickets from the +12s collecting dust in my vault :[

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
How many characters should I bother doing this interdimensional car destruction stage on?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The Fragments and Energies are limited 25 per account so you probably only want 1-2 characters to farm those tops. But any character who has leveling to do can farm it for the 2x XP pots. Assuming you get 10 Hollow Crystals per run, 5x runs, that's 4 hours of 2x XP pots a day, way more than you should be able to even use. They can also get Jerry's Letter which is a free 5% of a level, and the extra Amulet for some bonus temporary stats.

So basically treat it as a permanent 2x XP pot event.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
How about the quickslot items? There's an amulet in there with +physical/magical attack, which I assume scales like the netherworld amulet if you level it? Seems like once you get a character able to do it in 30 seconds consistently (from amulet damage boosts) one should switch to that?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

LogicNinja posted:

How many characters should I bother doing this interdimensional car destruction stage on?

All of them so you can hope to get Jerry's level 5x on someone asap and get the infinite use 70% hp/mp (1min CD) healing item? The thing is account bound so you get it on one character and then toss it on your MP intensive character(s) and every minute you can pop it for a huge refill.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Having your very own infinite use pocket sader for otherverse is so very nice

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Even elementalist can't keep me from wanting to end it all doing hardt runs

At least I'll have FVV in a level

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

LogicNinja posted:

How about the quickslot items? There's an amulet in there with +physical/magical attack, which I assume scales like the netherworld amulet if you level it? Seems like once you get a character able to do it in 30 seconds consistently (from amulet damage boosts) one should switch to that?

There are two amulets. The one that costs 10 scales up the damage boost as you reinforce it, but the damage boost only works in the event room. The other one costs 50 and applies everywhere, but can't be reinforced so it doesn't get better.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

Nighthand posted:

There are two amulets. The one that costs 10 scales up the damage boost as you reinforce it, but the damage boost only works in the event room. The other one costs 50 and applies everywhere, but can't be reinforced so it doesn't get better.

Oh OK, I didn't realize that it can't be reinforced.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
I've got two questions:

As a Vagabond, do the bonuses apply to both the weapons I wield, or only the one I form with my off hand? For example, if I'm wielding 2 greatswords, do I get the 10% bonus twice?

And about reinforcing, have they reduced the gold costs yet to make it so that normal players can partake in that poo poo without going completely broke?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Raruna posted:

reinforcing

Raruna posted:

without going completely broke
:allears:

Kiri is the game's main money sink by an exponential factor. Nobody will ever be able to reinforce without chewing through millions.

(Vagabond weapon bonuses apply only to main hand, your offhand must be a LS.)

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
I know that, but with Qigong - Yang I can change what my offhand weapon is. It does retain its LS stats (at 10% of their power), but do these bonuses apply to the main hand as well? You CAN dual wield the same weapon type. I know it's not a good idea, but you can.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Raruna posted:

I know that, but with Qigong - Yang I can change what my offhand weapon is. It does retain its LS stats (at 10% of their power), but do these bonuses apply to the main hand as well? You CAN dual wield the same weapon type. I know it's not a good idea, but you can.
Ohhh, that. Those bonuses apply to the main hand, what you actually wield in the main hand doesn't affect Qigong. So basically most Vagabonds should be wielding zans for the high attack power, full stop. Or LS if you want to be a total blender.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Qigong a bludgeon because their disgusting hitstop combined with Vag's X mashing makes it feel like you're playing the game in a pool full of glue.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Raruna posted:

I've got two questions:

As a Vagabond, do the bonuses apply to both the weapons I wield, or only the one I form with my off hand? For example, if I'm wielding 2 greatswords, do I get the 10% bonus twice?

And about reinforcing, have they reduced the gold costs yet to make it so that normal players can partake in that poo poo without going completely broke?

You can only offhand a lightsaber

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I haven't played since a bit after the launch, what cool stuff have we gotten over the past months?

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy

Arzachel posted:

I haven't played since a bit after the launch, what cool stuff have we gotten over the past months?

Miracle reinforcement party.

We got a lot of cool stuff, but nothing is more fun than miracle reinforcement party.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Raruna posted:

These other guys are confused, but I know what you're talking about buddy. Unfortunately, I'm also not too sure. Switching Qigong to Zanbato mode is supposed to add 10% more attack strength. But the offhand already gives you 10% of its phys. and mag. damage, plus 10% of any piercing it has. It should work, I guess, but it'll probably make you slow as crap, and I personally don't like that. GOTTA GO FAST

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Arzachel posted:

knight and f slayer classes, and second awakenings for m slayer, f mage, m gunner, and f fighter. those are probably the main ones.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Forgotten world, increased level cap, OV and ancients as well.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I got my asura to second awakening and uhh :eyepop:

The addition of shock to the asura kit is ridiculous

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Doublestep posted:

I got my asura to second awakening and uhh :eyepop:

The addition of shock to the asura kit is ridiculous

And we can even summon a cloud of lightning to follow us around doing more damage. It's amazing when the cloud does its final attack right on top of a boss being hit by your second awakening. :science:

If you haven't been clearing Forgotten land you might want to do so because the Oblivious jewelry set seems to give a lot of elemental damage and that can only be a good thing for Indras given all the light/fire/water damage you're dishing out.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
The issue with forgotten land is that a lot of classes will want chronicles in their accessory slots. You'll probably also want a chronicle in your sub-equipment slot, and the magic stones aren't as good as the unique Tears while taking longer to farm.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Is there actually a way to farm for the Tears? Or do you just mean, faster to just farm up ~19m gold by some means and buy one outright?

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Is there actually a way to farm for the Tears? Or do you just mean, faster to just farm up ~19m gold by some means and buy one outright?

The second one. I think the most "reliable" way to get them is via skeleton keys, if that's your kind of poison.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

3 epics from 7 hell modes today. Clearly I should have just bought a lottery ticket. Couldn't use any of em, but I'm not gonna sneeze at 12 million gold worth of demon challenges.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Heavy neutrino posted:

The second one. I think the most "reliable" way to get them is via skeleton keys, if that's your kind of poison.

Wish I could actually make some money reliably but right now I feel like I'm bleeding it on repairs as fast as I can make it.

Let me tell you about today's fun adventure trying to repair my DS4's lovely D-Pad and why I'm seriously considering trying to relearn to play this game on keyboard :shepicide:

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Wish I could actually make some money reliably but right now I feel like I'm bleeding it on repairs as fast as I can make it.

one of the event quickslot amulets lets you repair for free after SSS ranking a dungeon. If you can't get medals for whatever reason you can still enter forgotten lands twice a day and repair for free there.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I missed all the fun on day 1 and now it will be hell to even get 100 miracle shards.

:negative:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I think the whales are getting desperate for reinforcement money, TAO packages going for 14-15m, snagged a soul bender set from a dude.

Making a bit of money off of flipping base TAO titles, just spending 200-300k on tickets and rolling until I hit a Prime, which are selling for 2m over base titles

What weapon should I be aiming for for support Dark Lord in OV? Just a Legacy for Bremen?

kontona
May 3, 2003

this miracle reinforcement even is pretty awesome.

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy

Doublestep posted:

I think the whales are getting desperate for reinforcement money, TAO packages going for 14-15m, snagged a soul bender set from a dude.

ITBEGINS.TXT

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

If it drops to 10~12, I guess I'll pick something up for my Launcher.

Grimquestioner
Feb 15, 2010

SO GOOD

Somefool posted:

I missed all the fun on day 1 and now it will be hell to even get 100 miracle shards.

:negative:

It was pretty easy to get 100 when the hour long special was running in channel 11 last night. I think they're going again today at 12PM - 1 PM EST and 10 PM - 11 PM EST. It's packed when the buff is on.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
How's it work? Namely, what's going to happen if I own a protection ticket and break a +10 or +11?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzX4z6wiuqY

I think they just got Danjin to voiceover this.

• Locked thread